Oct 21 - Black Wallstreet Trending - 1921 Tulsa Massacre

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section news /page 2

4 weeks ago '06        #1
6434 page views
202 comments

Verdict  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 3604 3 K  Slaps total: 428 428
Oct 21 - Black Wallstreet Trending - 1921 Tulsa Massacre

Greenwood, Tulsa, Oklahoma “Black Wall Street” (May 31 – June 1, 1921)

During the oil boom of the 1910s, the area of northeast Oklahoma around Tulsa flourished, including the Greenwood neighborhood, which came to be known as “the Black Wall Street.” The area was home to several lawyers, realtors, doctors, and prominent black Businessmen, many of them multimillionaires.

Greenwood boasted a variety of thriving businesses such as grocery stores, clothing stores, barbershops, banks, hotels, cafes, movie theaters, two newspapers, and many contemporary homes. Greenwood residents enjoyed many luxuries that their white neighbors did not, including indoor plumbing and a remarkable school system. The dollar circulated 36 to 100 times, sometimes taking a year for currency to leave the community.

The neighborhood was destroyed during a riot that broke out after a group of men from Greenwood attempted to protect a young Black man from a lynch mob. On the night of May 31, 1921, a mob called for the lynching of d*ck Rowland, a Black man who shined shoes, after reports spread that on the previous day he had a*saulted Sarah Page, a white woman, in the elevator she operated in a downtown building.

In the early morning hours of June 1, 1921, Black Tulsa was looted, firebombed from the air and burned down by white rioters. The governor declared martial law, and National Guard troops arrived in Tulsa. Guardsmen a*sisted firemen in putting out fires, removed abducted African-Americans from the hands of white vigilantes, and imprisoned all Black Tulsans, not already confined, into a prison camp at the Convention Hall and the Fairgrounds, some for as long as eight days.

In the wake of the violence, 35 city blocks lay in charred ruins, over 800 people were treated for injuries and estimated 300 deaths occurred.
visit this link https://atlantablackstar. .. ite-neighbors/
+110   

best
worst
202 comments

4 weeks ago '04        #2
Chronos 
space
space
Props total: 7979 7 K  Slaps total: 309 309
I did a full report on this in high school for my history class and what shocked me was so many people had no idea this happened well, it shouldn't surprise me because it's been swept under the rug like most historical atrocities. Glad people are finally being exposed to it.

Last edited by Chronos; 10-21-2019 at 12:36 PM..
+159   

4 weeks ago '15        #3
germanpier 
space
space
space
Props total: 1566 1 K  Slaps total: 504 504
Ya'll notice the weirdos are extremely upset. "What good is telling this story today?" "Just more anti white divisiveness!" "IT WAS A 100 YEARS AGO!"

Cant even fu*kin teach US History without these phaggots getting their panties in a bunch.
+191   

4 weeks ago '19        #4
Big Gurthy 
space
space
space
Props total: 3066 3 K  Slaps total: 357 357
And to this day unbothered black autonomy is one of their greatest fears.
+119   

4 weeks ago '18        #5
Neg Mwen 
space
space
space
Props total: 6498 6 K  Slaps total: 456 456
 germanpier said
Ya'll notice the weirdos are extremely upset. "What good is telling this story today?" "Just more anti white divisiveness!" "IT WAS A 100 YEARS AGO!"

Cant even fu*kin teach US History without these phaggots getting their panties in a bunch.
Exactly. They know how fu*ked up the sh*t they did was and know if they acknowledge that sh*t, it shatters their mythology.

This, the other race riots, and everything that occurred after damages a people. You can't tell me black folk in America don't have collective PTSD
+90   

4 weeks ago '15        #6
germanpier 
space
space
space
 Neg Mwen said
Exactly. They know how fu*ked up the sh*t they did was and know if they acknowledge that sh*t, it shatters their mythology.

This, the other race riots, and everything that occurred after damages a people. You can't tell me black folk in America don't have collective PTSD
Wait til they find out that BWS was just 1 of many black communities completely ravaged, looted and its people murdered.

When you think about it...how the fu*k was integration EVER a good idea?

We are so much worse off than when we were segregated.
+78   

4 weeks ago '17        #7
ddy807 
space
space
Props total: 11146 11 K  Slaps total: 513 513

+42   

4 weeks ago '18        #8
Neg Mwen 
space
space
space
 germanpier said
Wait til they find out that BWS was just 1 of many black communities completely ravaged, looted and its people murdered.

When you think about it...how the fu*k was integration EVER a good idea?

We are so much worse off than when we were segregated.
I disagree with the second part. All that sh*t happened prior to integration and those areas were few and far between. Black folk as whole prior to integration had fewer economic opportunities and bigots could freely come in and k*ll people with no repercussions. They used to advertise lynchings in newspapers back then.

Is sh*t perfect? Hell no and the fact that black folk are still treated as second class citizens is what makes this country so frustrsting. But I would never want to pine for pre-integration days
+16   

4 weeks ago '15        #9
germanpier 
space
space
space
 Neg Mwen said
I disagree with the second part. All that sh*t happened prior to integration and those areas were few and far between. Black folk as whole prior to integration had fewer economic opportunities and bigots could freely come in and k*ll people with no repercussions. They used to advertise lynchings in newspapers back then.

Is sh*t perfect? Hell no and the fact that black folk are still treated as second class citizens is what makes this country so frustrsting. But I would never want to pine for pre-integration days
Without sounding like a trump supporting WS...I refuse to post stats. All I will say is that most things are relatively the same as prior to integration, except for everything negative.

Seperation should be an issue that black people need to put back on the table....not SEGREGATION. We need the ability to police our own neighborhoods, own and control our own judiciaries, basically take everything that is in the hands and have always been in the hands of our enemies and demand we take control.

You have to accept the fact that white people do not see us as their peers...and with that said we will never be respected and our grievances will never be seen as justified by the majority. So basically our destiny is in the hands of people who never want us to rise above them, and will f*ght tooth and nail...kill and die before reparations are paid out.
+54   

Top 10 most slapped recently  4 weeks ago '18        #10
LuxuriousGreen 
space
space
Props total: 5562 5 K  Slaps total: 838 838
The more I learn in history The more I understand why I don’t have white friends
+70   

4 weeks ago '18        #11
Neg Mwen 
space
space
space
 germanpier said
Without sounding like a trump supporting WS...I refuse to post stats. All I will say is that most things are relatively the same as prior to integration, except for everything negative.

Seperation should be an issue that black people need to put back on the table....not SEGREGATION. We need the ability to police our own neighborhoods, own and control our own judiciaries, basically take everything that is in the hands and have always been in the hands of our enemies and demand we take control.

You have to accept the fact that white people do not see us as their peers...and with that said we will never be respected and our grievances will never be seen as justified by the majority. So basically our destiny is in the hands of people who never want us to rise above them, and will f*ght tooth and nail...kill and die before reparations are paid out.
All that doesn't require segregation. Remember that segregation was more or less legislated. When I hear or see segregation, I see legislated seperation not control over one's destiny
+5   

4 weeks ago '15        #12
germanpier 
space
space
space
 Neg Mwen said
All that doesn't require segregation. Remember that segregation was more or less legislated. When I hear or see segregation, I see legislated seperation not control over one's destiny
Separation is different than segregation.

Im not advocating for "only blacks may enter" or vice versa. Im advocating for black people to create, live en masse, support and patronize black only. Anything white people control from music to television programming should be banned. We should be allowed to police our own communities....become represented as our own sovereign nation.

Africans fought for independence and won it for the most part....we have never had that f*ght yet our situation was very similar.

If youre non black...im going to end this discussion. The things I advocate for wont affect you 1 iota, so why do you care? I pray for the day you all are left to your own devices here in America and all of our music, our athletes, our unique contributions to America that cannot be duplicated are monetized and added to the black GDP.

This isnt your conversation, you are still going to be a non black American with all the priviledges that come with it and all the things that whites complain about black people will no longer be an issue. No more "welfare" taking your money...no more violence from gangbangers in Chicago....your life wont change one bit. I honestly don't understand if we are so bad whites don't support this idea of separation.
+24   

4 weeks ago '17        #13
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 69752 69 K  Slaps total: 4141 4 K
 Chronos said
I did a full report on this in high school for my history class and what shocked me was so many people had no idea this happened well, it shouldn't surprise me because it's been swept under the rug like most historical atrocities. Glad people are finally being exposed to it.
You think that's shocking, did you know that black people owned the land where Central Park is and were very prosperous? Look up Seneca village and see how those "patriots" flooded the entire village just so they could steal their land. This is why i say reparations should extend beyond slavery.
+62   

4 weeks ago '18        #14
Neg Mwen 
space
space
space
 germanpier said
Separation is different than segregation.

Im not advocating for "only blacks may enter" or vice versa. Im advocating for black people to create, live en masse, support and patronize black only. Anything white people control from music to television programming should be banned. We should be allowed to police our own communities....become represented as our own sovereign nation.

Africans fought for independence and won it for the most part....we have never had that f*ght yet our situation was very similar.

If youre non black...im going to end this discussion. The things I advocate for wont affect you 1 iota, so why do you care? I pray for the day you all are left to your own devices here in America and all of our music, our athletes, our unique contributions to America that cannot be duplicated are monetized and added to the black GDP.

This isnt your conversation, you are still going to be a non black American with all the priviledges that come with it and all the things that whites complain about black people will no longer be an issue. No more "welfare" taking your money...no more violence from gangbangers in Chicago....your life wont change one bit. I honestly don't understand if we are so bad whites don't support this idea of separation.
I'm black of Haitian extraction (born here). If you're advocating for a sovereign state, you have to make that clear and you have to understand what that entails.

Also, your statement sounds a bit defeatist. African-Americans built this country and made its culture and you're willing to throw that sh*t away despite the progress made?
+2   

4 weeks ago '15        #15
germanpier 
space
space
space
 Neg Mwen said
I'm black of Haitian extraction (born here). If you're advocating for a sovereign state, you have to make that clear and you have to understand what that entails.

Also, your statement sounds a bit defeatist. African-Americans built this country and made its culture and you're willing to throw that sh*t away despite the progress made?
Are you saying that black people are NOT a defeated populace?

Call it defeatist all you want...the reality is we as a people are a conquered people. We have to accept that...and when we do we will collectively agree that is unacceptable.

But much respect to Haitians...there has been a lot of anti ados **** talk from Caribbean immigrants as of late but I have the utmost respect for the Haitian people and their f*ght for independence.
+14   

4 weeks ago '05        #16
phantomnation  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
space
space
Props total: 62470 62 K  Slaps total: 4745 4 K
They must've watched 'The Watchmen' last night on HBO
+25   

4 weeks ago '18        #17
Neg Mwen 
space
space
space
 germanpier said
Are you saying that black people are NOT a defeated populace?

Call it defeatist all you want...the reality is we as a people are a conquered people. We have to accept that...and when we do we will collectively agree that is unacceptable.

But much respect to Haitians...there has been a lot of anti ados **** talk from Caribbean immigrants as of late but I have the utmost respect for the Haitian people and their f*ght for independence.
I see a bent but not broken people. It's only been recently that folk have started to get back on their feet, regardless of the bullsh*t narrative that cousin-fu*kers and other a*sorted bigots continue to peddle

And you should do two things: 1) realize that foreign blacks have been talking down on American blacks since the early 1900s and stopped when they realized them not speaking English didn't mean they were likely to get lynched. 2) Look up the origin of the ADOS movement (it's pretty old and recently was revitalized) before you accuse anyone of **** talk

4 weeks ago '18        #18
Neg Mwen 
space
space
space
And of course this gets moved to the second page
+13   

4 weeks ago '15        #19
germanpier 
space
space
space
 Neg Mwen said
I see a bent but not broken people. It's only been recently that folk have started to get back on their feet, regardless of the bullsh*t narrative that cousin-fu*kers and other a*sorted bigots continue to peddle

And you should do two things: 1) realize that foreign blacks have been talking down on American blacks since the early 1900s and stopped when they realized them not speaking English didn't mean they were likely to get lynched. 2) Look up the origin of the ADOS movement (it's pretty old and recently was revitalized) before you accuse anyone of **** talk
No calling people akatas is c00n talk. Getting mad at ados for f*ghting for reparations when carricom exists is c00n talk.

Foreign blakcs have been talking down since the early 1900s? What was the population of foreign blacks in the early 1900's compared to now?

I don't care what a small minority of people said 100 years ago compared to a large minority who align themselves with our enemies while all the while owe their American citizenship to black people getting their skulls bust open and murdered to (among other things) allow foreign blacks to immigrate to America and receive full rights of the state.
+9   

4 weeks ago '15        #20
germanpier 
space
space
space
 Neg Mwen said

And furthermore mr Haitian extraction...youre one of the people im talking about.

What im advocating for doesn't concern you, nor is it for you. You can stay right here in America and be the token black for all I care....separation should be apart of the reparations package of which youre not entitled to. So no surprise you come in here with this contrarian viewpoint.

Who cares how you see things? The reality is we are a conquered people. No original language, no original religion, no connection to our original homeland....if that's not a broken people then what is?

I don't advocate for our best and brightest to graduate from college and become a*sets to the United States if there was an alternative and they could be a*sets to a nation of their own that they could be proud of. Join a white mans military and f*ght his wars when they could join a military of their people by their people and f*ght only for the interests of our people.
+14   

4 weeks ago '18        #21
Neg Mwen 
space
space
space
 germanpier said
And furthermore mr Haitian extraction...youre one of the people im talking about.

What im advocating for doesn't concern you, nor is it for you. You can stay right here in America and be the token black for all I care....separation should be apart of the reparations package of which youre not entitled to. So no surprise you come in here with this contrarian viewpoint.

Who cares how you see things? The reality is we are a conquered people. No original language, no original religion, no connection to our original homeland....if that's not a broken people then what is?

I don't advocate for our best and brightest to graduate from college and become a*sets to the United States if there was an alternative and they could be a*sets to a nation of their own that they could be proud of. Join a white mans military and f*ght his wars when they could join a military of their people by their people and f*ght only for the interests of our people.
Uhh... Why would I be pissed at African-Americans getting reparations? Where did I ever say that. As a Haitian-American, I'd be a fu*king hypocrite to do so because France basically set Haiti on the path it's on after stealing all the gold and deforesting it. Haiti deserves reparations as well

And my a*s is looking to leave the US and join Doctors without Borders because this country refuses to come to terms with its original sin or understand its hypocrisy.

Last edited by Neg Mwen; 10-21-2019 at 11:20 PM..
+4   

4 weeks ago '18        #22
Neg Mwen 
space
space
space
 germanpier said
No calling people akatas is c00n talk. Getting mad at ados for f*ghting for reparations when carricom exists is c00n talk.

Foreign blakcs have been talking down since the early 1900s? What was the population of foreign blacks in the early 1900's compared to now?

I don't care what a small minority of people said 100 years ago compared to a large minority who align themselves with our enemies while all the while owe their American citizenship to black people getting their skulls bust open and murdered to (among other things) allow foreign blacks to immigrate to America and receive full rights of the state.
And the city Miami was basically built by Bahamians; learn the history
+1   

4 weeks ago '06        #23
DominicanLou 
space
space
Props total: 8559 8 K  Slaps total: 426 426
this doc touches on Black Wall Street as well as other examples that predate Tulsa of racist white people feeling threatened by black progress and responding in violence.

+14   

4 weeks ago '15        #24
germanpier 
space
space
space
 Neg Mwen said
And the city Miami was basically built by Bahamians; learn the history
Basically? I don't remember asking you jack sh*t about Miami.

So you put forth information I didn't ask for and ignore the sh*t I did?
+3   

4 weeks ago '15        #25
germanpier 
space
space
space
 Neg Mwen said
Uhh... Why would I be pissed at African-Americans getting reparations? Where did I ever say that. As a Haitian-American, I'd be a fu*king hypocrite to do so because France basically set Haiti on the path it's on after stealing all the gold and deforesting it.

And my a*s is looking to leave the US and join Doctors without Borders because this country refuses to come to terms with its original sin or understand its hypocrisy.
Well done.
+4   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+61online now  24
Video inside "South Park" Uses Randy Savage's Likeness To Mock Trans Athletes
101 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  20
2019 Black Friday deals?
24 comments
18 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
+60online now  18
Teanna Trump calls out OKC basketball player anonymously
127 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  15
LAMELO BALL and BBB just LITERALLY SHUTDOWN SYDNEY AUSTRALIA and made HIST..
55 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy