What was so etherous about Jay's SummerJam diss to Prodigy?

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
181 comments @hiphop
most viewed right now
+30  44
29 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

3 weeks ago '18        #1
1825 page views
45 comments

EastAfrican 
space
space
Props total: 11205 11 K  Slaps total: 2259 2 K
What was so etherous about Jay's SummerJam diss to Prodigy?

A pic of a young Prodigy dressed up as Michael Jackson like every single kid out there haven't done the same thing as kids. All of a sudden because of that picture he was called a ballet dancer.. i mean ?!

I never understood that. Anyone care to explain?

i mean i understand the reputation of Mobb Deep and P bein thorough n*ggaz n sh*t but that was a kid mann. Jay was desperate to even think that was a good idea. His fans sheeps tho
+16   

best
worst
45 comments

3 weeks ago '16        #2
honda 
space
space
Props total: 24117 24 K  Slaps total: 2726 2 K
Unless you were murdering n*ggas out the womb you fake
+20   

3 weeks ago '19        #3
Barbaraaaaaaa 
space
space
Props total: 6000 6 K  Slaps total: 2204 2 K
i mean i understand the reputation of Mobb Deep and P bein thorough n*ggaz
Prodigy already been exposed for being a fraud

3 weeks ago '18        #4
EastAfrican  OP
space
space
 honda said
Unless you were murdering n*ggas out the womb you fake
n*ggaz crazy
You are not allowed to have a normal job, or to have activities as a kid. Thats a weakness in Hiphop n you will be exposed

Barbaraaaaaaa said
Prodigy already been exposed for being a fraud

That book he wrote hurt him. Backfired on him, crazy

Last edited by EastAfrican; 10-20-2019 at 06:13 PM..
+3   

3 weeks ago '18        #5
brooklynzfinest  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
Props total: 12171 12 K  Slaps total: 1930 1 K
It's a battle, so punches have to be landed, whether they be jabs, uppercuts, or hooks...perception is half the battle and capturing what some fans think. It was the image, Mobb's image, the way he did it, and because he also said 'ask nas, he don't want it with Hov, noooooo'... sh*t sent the whole city and hip hop in a buzz like ok, gloves are off...n*ggas been subbing each other to death for years and now the battle was really gonna happen. P got caught in the crossfire, especially after destroy and rebuild...didn't even get a chance to respond like that because all people were interested in was jay vs nas. Kind of unfair how it played out for P at the time, but it is what it was.
+22   

3 weeks ago '17        #6
Shaddap 
space
space
space
Props total: 194 194  Slaps total: 9 9
 EastAfrican said
A pic of a young Prodigy dressed up as Michael Jackson like every single kid out there haven't done the same thing as kids. All of a sudden because of that picture he was called a ballet dancer.. i mean ?!

i mean i understand the reputation of Mobb Deep and P bein thorough n*ggaz n sh*t but that was a kid mann. Jay was desperate to even think that was a good idea. His fans sheeps tho
You need to understand that the late 90's - early 2000's, sh*t was real in NYC streets and hip hop in general. Everyone (even non-Jay fans) lost respect for P after the Summer Jam screen. It didn't help that Mobb Deep dropped that trash song with 112 shortly after either, that album was super soft compared to Murda Muzik. Also, everyone was crazy with anticipation for P to diss back but he disappointed everyone with weak subliminals.

Street image meant way more back then than it does now.

Last edited by Shaddap; 10-20-2019 at 06:26 PM..
+11   

3 weeks ago '19        #7
Punch Out 
space
space
Props total: 2430 2 K  Slaps total: 663 663
 Shaddap said
You need to understand that the late 90's - early 2000's, sh*t was real in NYC streets and hip hop in general. Everyone (even non-Jay fans) lost respect for P after the Summer Jam screen. It didn't help that Mobb Deep dropped that trash song with 112 shortly after either, that album was super soft compared to Murda Muzik.

Now the only thing that matters is how tight your skinny jeans are and what label exec is up in your boipu**y

3 weeks ago '18        #8
Oswaldgatesjr 
space
space
space
Props total: 20832 20 K  Slaps total: 7263 7 K
U must've been born after 1993... At that time in hip hop any slight form of softness semi gay behavior or weakness and ur a*s was done. Drake wouldnt be in the rap game 20 years ago.
+34   

3 weeks ago '18        #9
space
space
space
 Shaddap said
You need to understand that the late 90's - early 2000's, sh*t was real in NYC streets and hip hop in general. Everyone (even non-Jay fans) lost respect for P after the Summer Jam screen. It didn't help that Mobb Deep dropped that trash song with 112 shortly after either, that album was super soft compared to Murda Muzik.

Sounds very Wikipedia-ish...people didn't lose respect for P after the pic. We thought it was funny and was wondering how he'd come back. It's evident you weren't there and it's hilarious that you're trying to explain it to someone who was.
+1   

3 weeks ago '18        #10
space
space
space
 Oswaldgatesjr said
U must've been born after 1993... At that time in hip hop any slight form of softness semi gay behavior or weakness and ur a*s was done. Drake wouldnt be in the rap game 20 years ago.
Lol the young trying to school the old...stop it man...u were only half there too.
+3   

3 weeks ago '19        #11
Goop Hair It Is 
space
space
space
Props total: 6072 6 K  Slaps total: 1304 1 K
 Oswaldgatesjr said
That's a lie
Rappers literally had album covers with their shirt off baby oiled up but a kid dressed like MJ was a issue? Jay was the hottest rapper out at the time and fans sided with everything he did, people even thought Nas career was over after takeover
+9   

3 weeks ago '17        #12
Rule 336 
space
space
Props total: 69429 69 K  Slaps total: 31555 31 K
 EastAfrican said

As you can tell by the old dudes on here, old school hip-hop fans are/were simple minded. They actually believed their heros came out the womb gangsters and never had an actual childhood. Jay understood hip-hop fans at the time were sheep and took advantage of it.

3 weeks ago '18        #13
EastAfrican  OP
space
space
 Shaddap said
You need to understand that the late 90's - early 2000's, sh*t was real in NYC streets and hip hop in general. Everyone (even non-Jay fans) lost respect for P after the Summer Jam screen. It didn't help that Mobb Deep dropped that trash song with 112 shortly after either, that album was super soft compared to Murda Muzik. Also, everyone was crazy with anticipation for P to diss back but he disappointed everyone with weak subliminals.

Im 31 years old, so i know how it was. Never understood how jay got ppl on his side wit some photo of a kid dressed up as MJ tho. Yes P disappointed wit subliminals. Always thought he came pretty hard on Thun & Kicko wit Cormega tho. That mustve dropped few weeks before Takeover came out?
+1   

3 weeks ago '18        #14
EastAfrican  OP
space
space
 Oswaldgatesjr said
Nah im from '88 pleighboi. Let me ask ya this tho, bein a kid is bein soft? Who raised ya n*ggaz?
+1   

3 weeks ago '10        #15
trill jackson  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
space
space
Props total: 58932 58 K  Slaps total: 8091 8 K
dr dre got it too, when you present yourself to the public as being super gangster and your enemies pull up soft photos of you he getting exposed and clowned

the rick ross cop pictures are in the same boat. in hip hop you don't have to be a tough guy you just have to be who you say you are, in a rap battle you're opponent is always gonna try to show the people you aint who you say you are
+16   

3 weeks ago '18        #16
EastAfrican  OP
space
space
 trill jackson said
dr dre got it too, when you present yourself to the public as being super gangster and your enemies pull up soft photos of you he getting exposed and clowned

the rick ross cop pictures are in the same boat. in hip hop you don't have to be a tough guy you just have to be who you say you are, in a rap battle you're opponent is always gonna try to show the people you aint who you say you are
That photo of Dre wasnt no kid. That was a grown a*s "world class wreckin cru" Dre . Same wit Rick Ross. We talkin bout a kid here. You n*ggaz say anythin' on this board. I swear

Last edited by EastAfrican; 10-20-2019 at 06:58 PM..
+12   

3 weeks ago '10        #17
space
space
 EastAfrican said
That photo of Dre wasnt no kid. That was "a grown a*s man world class wreckin cru" Dre . Same wit Rick Ross. We talkin bout a kid here. You n*ggaz say anythin' on board. I swear
it don't matter. they were kid rappers first album was called juvenile hell

songs like locked in spofford he painted himself as being a bad a*s kid damn right your opponent gonna clown you if they get their hands on a picture like that
+4   

3 weeks ago '08        #18
Nut-In-Honeys 
space
space
Props total: 11941 11 K  Slaps total: 1353 1 K
Young n*ggas wouldn't understand because they all dress like ballet dancers
+5   

3 weeks ago '18        #19
Oswaldgatesjr 
space
space
space
Props total: 20832 20 K  Slaps total: 7263 7 K
 EastAfrican said
Nah im from '88 pleighboi. Let me ask ya this tho, bein a kid is bein soft? Who raised ya n*ggaz?

U just dnt like the goat so ur being bias. Prodigy whole persona was built on being a tough rugged dude so when that pic had surfaced and the public seen him in a ballerina out fit his whole upbringing was questioned. Like did he really grow up rough and was he on some gay sh*t? It just completely fu*ked his character up. Your image was everything back then.
+3   

3 weeks ago '19        #20
Goop Hair It Is 
space
space
space
Props total: 6072 6 K  Slaps total: 1304 1 K
 trill jackson said
it don't matter. they were kid rappers first album was called juvenile hell

songs like locked in spofford he painted himself as being a bad a*s kid damn right your opponent gonna clown you if they get their hands on a picture like that
Everybody idolized Michael Jackson growing up in the 80s how does that make somebody soft?
+2   

3 weeks ago '17        #21
Rule 336 
space
space
Props total: 69429 69 K  Slaps total: 31555 31 K
 Nut-In-Honeys said
Young n*ggas wouldn't understand because they all dress like ballet dancers
They wouldn't understand why grown men would clown a kid for dressing like his idol?

3 weeks ago '13        #22
THEDONN 
space
space
Props total: 35394 35 K  Slaps total: 8781 8 K
2001 was so dope
+3   

3 weeks ago '18        #23
EastAfrican  OP
space
space
 THEDONN said
2001 was so dope
'96 n 2001 n 2003.. those was crazy years in Hiphop.

Last edited by EastAfrican; 10-20-2019 at 07:18 PM..
+4   

3 weeks ago '10        #24
space
space
 Goop Hair It Is said
Everybody idolized Michael Jackson growing up in the 80s how does that make somebody soft?
you listening? for the umpteenth time the picture didn't match with the image p projected. that's all it takes to get clowned. need another example?

+7   

3 weeks ago '10        #25
Akira Son Bio 
space
space
Props total: 23779 23 K  Slaps total: 2744 2 K
 trill jackson said
you listening? for the umpteenth time the picture didn't match with the image p projected. that's all it takes to get clowned. need another example?

To OP he probably see's it as bullying. Don't even bother trying to say more

That's what sucks about the game now. Everyone has these "beefs" and they get exposed and the fans turn into captain save a hoe. Same cats probably saying "Free 6in9ine" deep down.
+5   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+45online now  13
Image(s) inside KFC was out here wildn back in the day
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+118online now  8
Worst Fkn Candy I Ever Ate In My Life
95 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  5
Whats your top 8 films of 2019 so far?
63 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+34online now  3
Image(s) inside Sean Price has probably the greatest & wildest album cover, I've ever ..
80 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy