Video Host/Actress La La Anthony responds to ‘Power’ fans who say she can’t act

most viewed right now
34 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section tv / movies

1 month ago '12        #1
8126 page views
139 comments

UghhFan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x21
space
space
Props total: 39707 39 K  Slaps total: 3226 3 K
Video Host/Actress La La Anthony responds to ‘Power’ fans who say she can’t act

La La Anthony isn’t bothered by naysayers who’ve called her out for her lack of technique as an actress.

“I think you got to be worried when people aren’t talking,” she said on “The Breakfast Club” on Thursday. “My thing is that, I’m doing it. So, if I couldn’t do it, then why am I doing it? If you can do it better then why you not getting the jobs I’m getting? That’s how I look at it.”

She added, “My thing is, I do it, I put my all into it. I didn’t start that way so it’s been a different journey for me, but that doesn’t mean I can’t do it. And I think people just naturally want to hate because you started differently. ‘You’re not a real actor, you started on the radio.’ Alright, maybe I didn’t come into it like you, but I put the work in and I continue to put the work in so that doesn’t bother me.”

Anthony also reminded the masses that she brings more to the table than the average Jane.

“I also bring a following with me,” the 38-year-old said. “I almost got 10 million followers on Instagram. People watch what I do. What’s the point of having these great shows if nobody’s watching them? You want people to watch. So, if you can do it better, you bring your 10 million followers and come do what I do.”

The final season of “Power” airs Sundays at 8 p.m. on Starz.

best
worst
139 comments

1 month ago '17        #2
Ifeellikekobe 
space
space
Props total: 39463 39 K  Slaps total: 2364 2 K
Lala 38

+30   

1 month ago '12        #3
UghhFan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x21 OP
space
space
Props total: 39707 39 K  Slaps total: 3226 3 K
She could get it.

She can't act though.
+91   

1 month ago '16        #4
YKing 
space
space
Props total: 22121 22 K  Slaps total: 1471 1 K
hoe comparing acting to instagram followers. lmao

in my opinion the only good actors on the show are Naturi Naughton (Tasha) and Joseph Sikora (Tommy) and the woman who plays Tommys mother
+45   

1 month ago '10        #5
Black Excellence 
space
space
Props total: 50946 50 K  Slaps total: 5865 5 K
Basically, “but you mad tho”.

Typical response honestly.
+44   

1 month ago '16        #6
BornInvincible  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 40705 40 K  Slaps total: 3024 3 K
+5   

1 month ago '08        #7
tdnupe3 
space
space
Props total: 34003 34 K  Slaps total: 2290 2 K
 YKing said

in my opinion the only good actors on the show are Naturi Naughton (Tasha) and Joseph Sikora (Tommy) and the woman who plays Tommys mother
The ONLY good actors on the show are Ghost and Tasha. Period. Tommy is almost as bad and over the top as LaLa.

But she's (LaLa) is pretty new at this so you can't really hold her feet to the fire the way you would an experienced actress. With more practice, she will get better.

She definitely needs to change that attitude though. People on Twitter will flip the script on you in 24 hours if they get fake-angry about something you said or did. All that internet sh*t if fake to me.

Didn't mean to slap your post either. My fault.

+23   

1 month ago '16        #8
YKing 
space
space
Props total: 22121 22 K  Slaps total: 1471 1 K
 tdnupe3 said
The ONLY good actors on the show are Ghost and Tasha. Period. Tommy is almost as bad and over the top as LaLa.

But she's (LaLa) is pretty new at this so you can't really hold her feet to the fire the way you would an experienced actress. With more practice, she will get better.

She definitely needs to change that attitude though. People on Twitter will flip the script on you in 24 hours if they get fake-angry about something you said or did. All that internet sh*t if fake to me.

Didn't mean to slap your post either. My fault.

i agree with u on Tasha, but Ghost to me is a wack actor, he just cant get the balance right in my opinion, when its time to be sad, he aint sad enough and vice versa
+1   

1 month ago '05        #9
Switchc2390 
space
space
Props total: 7080 7 K  Slaps total: 764 764
Joseph Sikora(Tommy) aint necessarily a bad actor, I think he's meant to be completely over the top. Same with Ghost. The show is basically a soap opera with other elements built in.

Lala is terrible though.
+33   

1 month ago '04        #10
Propel Water 
space
space
Props total: 6452 6 K  Slaps total: 1645 1 K
they're all awful

its a high budget soap opera

all over the top

every scene drama drama drama

obviously the best actor is Tate
+48   

1 month ago '17        #11
1Oh 
space
space
Props total: 22673 22 K  Slaps total: 912 912
I like Power. I feel like one of the most important things to do in storytelling is to create memorable characters, even characters that you love to hate; I think Power really accomplished that.. cuz I really feel like smackin Tariq and Andre in real life.

It absolutely is a soap opera/crime drama. And it is over the top. But I'd be lying if I say I'm not entertained.
+40   

1 month ago '07        #12
cankstoochie 
space
space
Props total: 3989 3 K  Slaps total: 1326 1 K
She's a terrible actress. Im talking D list
+12   

1 month ago '10        #13
acegutta22  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 9089 9 K  Slaps total: 2175 2 K
 YKing said

punk a*s district attorney has his moments and the one street due that was gonna fu*k up lala and that is dating the creator seem like a real street dude and tate should get his own show really
+4   

1 month ago '15        #14
Tully Blanchard 
space
space
Props total: 74758 74 K  Slaps total: 4088 4 K
Tasha has gone from fu*king horrible to bad so at least she’s improving

1 month ago '08        #15
Gmengfx 
space
space
Props total: 3278 3 K  Slaps total: 1004 1 K
her scenes are so terrible

outside of ghost and tommy, I cant take anyone seriously.
+5   

1 month ago '17        #16
TrillestTalk404  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 24994 24 K  Slaps total: 4778 4 K
When it comes to who can act on Power there's not many. Ghost be k*lling it every episode. Tariq and Dre is good as well. Meanwhile Tommy, Tommy crew, Tasha, Tasha mama and that fake Rosie Perez acting are all suspect. Most of the deaths made sense but it's also hurt the show. Cause Julio, Angela, Lobos, Mike and Kanan were not only entertaining, but they acting skills helped the show tremendously. Especially Angela. Them getting a seasoned vet like Larenz Tate was smart but him and Ghost can't make up for all the bad acting on the show. But no matter what anyone says La La one of the worst actresses of all time and even she knows it which is why she brought up her millions of Instagram followers far as her acting skills. I honestly see why Melo constantly cheats on her. If her s*x game is anything like her acting game...Melo has no choice but to step out

+9   

1 month ago '08        #17
Soda Pop 
space
space
Props total: 6167 6 K  Slaps total: 464 464
She terrible. Ghost and Tommy are very good actors I think a lot of you are mistaking how they are written for their talent. With better material Ghost could get a few awards. They don't fu*k with black shows though. Only really good actors on the show are Dre, Ghost and Tommy. The rest are C level at best La la is D- level. Don't even ask me how...
+2   

1 month ago '09        #18
Chalky 
space
space
Props total: 33869 33 K  Slaps total: 4949 4 K
Im suprised no one said Tariqs the best actor everybody hate that lor n*gga in real life
+16   

1 month ago '16        #19
OVOTrizzy 
space
space
Props total: 582 582  Slaps total: 148 148
Lala, her son and Raina must have bought their way into that show man
+3   

1 month ago '19        #20
Jadedkiss 
space
space
space
Props total: 1966 1 K  Slaps total: 92 92
In six season the last two minutes was her best work. Damn right she can’t act.

+2   

1 month ago '16        #21
l3altimore7  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 3755 3 K  Slaps total: 426 426
She's using her "follower" count to justify her getting a shot at acting lol
+13   

1 month ago '16        #22
Teknicks 
space
space
Props total: 21419 21 K  Slaps total: 3647 3 K
 YKing said

She gets by for the show. The show has some strong points, acting isn't one of them. But a decent show that has mostly average actors means she fits in fine lol
+1   

1 month ago '12        #23
TheThreadLord 
space
space
space
Props total: 7594 7 K  Slaps total: 626 626
 YKing said

when that show started people said tommy couldn’t act. But I like tommy character on the show

1 month ago '16        #24
301216baller 
space
space
space
Props total: 1694 1 K  Slaps total: 241 241
I mean she did do a horrible job..but she was realistic in the sense that she was unstable lol..she wanted Tommy to flip birds but then she wanted him to stop but then she wanted him to get out the streets but then she thought the burbs were to quiet for her lol
+3   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '15        #25
Toast2DaKing 
space
space
Props total: 536 536  Slaps total: 61 61
Everyone on that show is horrible at acting, except Larenz Tate.
+4   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+57online now  25
Video inside "South Park" Uses Randy Savage's Likeness To Mock Trans Athletes
94 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+59online now  19
Teanna Trump calls out OKC basketball player anonymously
124 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  16
LAMELO BALL and BBB just LITERALLY SHUTDOWN SYDNEY AUSTRALIA and made HIST..
55 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
-19online now  3
Michael Eric Dyson confirms Stephen A Smith was right after Stephen A clow..
137 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy