Oct 15 - Texas woman shot by officer had picked up gun after hearing noises, warrant says

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
-29  121
66 comments @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 month ago '17        #1
4653 page views
142 comments

Obadiah1Verse18  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
Props total: 16159 16 K  Slaps total: 6257 6 K
Oct 15 - Texas woman shot by officer had picked up gun after hearing noises, warrant says

(Reuters) - A Texas woman was shot dead by a Fort Worth police officer through the window of her home after she heard noises outside late at night and picked up her handgun, the officer's arrest warrant showed on Tuesday.

Atatiana Jefferson, 28, was playing video games with her 8-year-old nephew around 2:30 am on Saturday when she heard noises in her backyard, according to the warrant for former Fort Worth Police Officer Dean Aaron's arrest for alleged murder.

The noises were Dean and his partner creeping around the back of her home after they were called to investigate why her front door was open.

Dean resigned on Monday before he was fired for breaching a string of police policies in shooting Jefferson dead with a single shot, according to Fort Worth Police Chief Ed Kraus.

Jefferson's death brought outraged calls for an investigation into Fort Worth Police, whose officers are accused by her family's lawyer, Lee Merritt, of fatally shooting seven people in under six months.

"She heard noises coming from outside, and she took her handgun from her purse," Jefferson's nephew told police, according to the warrant. His name was redacted from the warrant.

"Jefferson raised her handgun, pointed it toward the window, then Jefferson was shot and fell to the ground," the warrant said.

Dean's partner, identified as Officer Darch, said she could see Jefferson when Dean shot her.

"She could only see Jefferson's face through the window when Officer Dean discharged his weapon," the warrant said.

The officers did not knock on the front door of the home or announce they were police before Dean fired his weapon, according to Kraus.

"It makes sense she would have a gun if she felt threatened or if there was someone in the backyard," Kraus said, ending a press conference after eight minutes as he grew emotional talking about the impact of the k*lling on police morale.

Fort Worth has called in an independent panel of experts to evaluate the police department after the shooting.

Jefferson was k*lled the same month another former Texas police officer, Amber Guyger, was convicted of murdering Botham Jean, a black man, as he sat in his home eating ice cream.

Jefferson's family has called for the swift prosecution of Dean, who was arrested on Monday and posted bond overnight.

"#AtatianaJefferson deserved to live in a world where she was safe from brutality playing video games in her home with her nephew," Merritt tweeted.

visit this link https://www.yahoo.com/new .. 175635837.html

And you simple a*s n*ggas still want to love your oppressors...

Revelation 12:12 KJV
[12] Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.
+23   

best
worst
142 comments

1 month ago '16        #2
BobbiHeadRagTop 
space
space
Props total: 41867 41 K  Slaps total: 2499 2 K
Now she had a hand gun huh. Ok.
+66   

1 month ago '15        #3
Teddy KGB 
space
space
Props total: 57309 57 K  Slaps total: 7509 7 K
 BobbiHeadRagTop said
Now she had a hand gun huh. Ok.
Her own nephew who was with her said that. Itís not a conspiracy to make the cop look innocent. She was perfectly within her rights to get her gun if some stranger was snooping around her yard. Thatís pretty much the main reason why you would have one.
+120   

1 month ago '16        #4
BobbiHeadRagTop 
space
space
 Teddy KGB said
Her own nephew who was with her said that. Itís not a conspiracy to make the cop look innocent. She was perfectly within her rights to get her gun if some stranger was snooping around her yard. Thatís pretty much the main reason why you would have one.
Yeah but thatís wasnít the narrative from the start. Iím willing to bet the muhfukka gets a man slaughter charge and slap on the fu*kin wrist.
+29   

1 month ago '15        #5
Teddy KGB 
space
space
Props total: 57309 57 K  Slaps total: 7509 7 K
 BobbiHeadRagTop said
Yeah but thatís wasnít the narrative from the start. Iím willing to bet the muhfukka gets a man slaughter charge and slap on the fu*kin wrist.
That wouldnít surprise me, but I donít think that her gun will be why he gets off light. He probably would have anyway.
+11   

1 month ago '16        #6
BobbiHeadRagTop 
space
space
 Teddy KGB said
That wouldnít surprise me, but I donít think that her gun will be why he gets off light. He probably would have anyway.
Almost certain thatís y itís being put into the light.
+19   

1 month ago '05        #7
pippen33 
space
space
space
Props total: 1764 1 K  Slaps total: 148 148
And there is his defense..He will say he feared for his life

That pig will either walk or get a very light sentence
+28   

1 month ago '07        #8
BLE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 5421 5 K  Slaps total: 1471 1 K
fu*k he walking around towards the back yard for if the front door was open
+63   

1 month ago '15        #9
Magik707 
space
space
space
Props total: 223 223  Slaps total: 8 8
Shooting somebody thru THEIR window while ur creepin thru THEIR yard, all because u got a call about THEIR front door being open is some straight bullsh*t...ur the police, so why not jus go to front door and yell “is anybody home”???
They coulda been jus lettin some fresh air in the house u fu*kin idiot
+85   

1 month ago '14        #10
titans7 
space
space
Props total: 31818 31 K  Slaps total: 5548 5 K
They redacted the nephew's name in this story but Lee Merritt has the kid and his name all over his Instagram just completely exploiting this traumatized minor and hoping to get a bigger settlement. Clown Merritt doesn't care about any of these peoples lives or privacy or even justice, just his cut of the check.
+12   

1 month ago '15        #11
akaRadiance 
space
space
space
Props total: 1019 1 K  Slaps total: 140 140
As she should...
+6   

1 month ago '15        #12
akaRadiance 
space
space
space
Props total: 1019 1 K  Slaps total: 140 140
If someone is creeping in your yard, in the dark, you have the to defend your property, family and self. She should’ve had a gun. She was absolutely right in her actions.
+23   

1 month ago '12        #13
iamsweets 
space
space
Props total: 8167 8 K  Slaps total: 729 729
He won't get off, and I don't think he will get less time than Guyger.

"Dean resigned on Monday before he was fired for breaching a string of police policies in shooting Jefferson"
+6   

1 month ago '05        #14
pippen33 
space
space
space
 iamsweets said
He won't get off, and I don't think he will get less time than Guyger.

"Dean resigned on Monday before he was fired for breaching a string of police policies in shooting Jefferson"
IF its true that she had a gun and pointed it at him (which is right to do) then I would not be confident that he gets convicted. Cops get away with k*lling people when they "mistake" a cell phone for a gun.

Hmmmm I wonder if the NRA will stand up for her.. Ya know that whole 2nd amendment thing they claim to defend for everyone
+19   

1 month ago '12        #15
iamsweets 
space
space
Props total: 8167 8 K  Slaps total: 729 729
 pippen33 said
IF its true that she had a gun and pointed it at him (which is right to do) then I would not be confident that he gets convicted. Cops get away with k*lling people when they "mistake" a cell phone for a gun.

Hmmmm I wonder if the NRA will stand up for her.. Ya know that whole 2nd amendment thing they claim to defend for everyone
I think the fact that the police department distanced themselve from him so quickly says a lot. The camera footage was horrible, and a defense attorney will have a hard time defending that in front of a jury. Her having a gun in Texas while an intruder is in her yard SHOULDN't matter. With that being said, I won't be surprised if her family doesn't get justice.
+13   

1 month ago '05        #16
pippen33 
space
space
space
 iamsweets said
I think the fact that the police department distanced themselve from him so quickly says a lot. The camera footage was horrible, and a defense attorney will have a hard time defending that in front of a jury. Her having a gun in Texas while an intruder is in her yard SHOULDN't matter. With that being said, I won't be surprised if her family doesn't get justice.
I agree with a lot of what you are saying. I was actually shocked that the police department distanced themselves from him so quick especially if its true that she had a gun. Just seems like something is missing from this story.. I dont think I have heard of a police department distancing themselves from a cop when the person k*lled had a gun regardless of circumstances. They stand up for their own when the person just had a cell phone or wallet in their hand
+2   

1 month ago '06        #17
Verdict  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 3609 3 K  Slaps total: 428 428
Wouldn't the report have come out immediately that they found a gun by her body?
+5   

1 month ago '18        #18
niruggg 
space
space
Props total: 29918 29 K  Slaps total: 3104 3 K
 Verdict said
Wouldn't the report have come out immediately that they found a gun by her body?
none of this distraction matter and intruder was on her property creeping around
+4   

1 month ago '04        #19
persuazion 
space
space
Props total: 4782 4 K  Slaps total: 384 384
 Teddy KGB said
Exactly... she was preparing to defend her family and home.
+4   

1 month ago '05        #20
projectd06 
space
space
Props total: 15493 15 K  Slaps total: 4438 4 K
At night you can see in and not out, during the day its opposite, "she could see officer dean when he shot her", this is not true because she wouldn't have been able to see outside at night clearly enough.

I'll let yall take it a different direction tho.
+7   

1 month ago '18        #21
J0e Bl0w 
space
space
space
Props total: 547 547  Slaps total: 256 256
Gotta give these mayonnaise lovers credit they sure will make up a narrative..
+4   

1 month ago '14        #22
OCT DION 
space
space
Props total: 21790 21 K  Slaps total: 2387 2 K
Somebody's sneaking around my backyard, I'll get my gun too

He's finna get his little ten years for this sh*t just because she was protecting herself from an armed thug creeping around on her property.
+4   

1 month ago '19        #23
Mr Insecurity 
space
space
space
Props total: 1949 1 K  Slaps total: 206 206
. Ms. Jefferson having a gun isn't news...but focusing on it now COULD be an attempt to blame her for her own shooting (Eric Garner resisted, Trayvon Martin started the f*ght, Botham Jean was approaching Amber Guyger menacingly, Walter Scott tried to grab the officer's gun...so did Micheal Brown, Sean Bell was trying to hit the officers with his car, Tamir Rice's gun looked too real...etc.).

The officer drew his weapon and fired one shot after “perceiving a threat,” police said. The officers found a firearm when they entered the room, the department’s statement said.

The video released by police showed two mostly blurred clips that appeared to be from inside the home, showing a firearm.
So...yeah...the defense is going to latch on to this to try to make the shooting look justified.

But, as someone mentioned earlier in this thread, the reason most citizens own firearms is to protect themselves from an intruder (if someone sneaking around your house in the dark, it's certainly reasonable to think that there is an intruder outside your home). I can't help but think that Ms. Jefferson was totally justified in getting her gun (for protection) as she investigated what the noise was. It's unfortunate that the intruder was a trigger-happy police officer.
+9   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '05        #24
blah blah blah  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 58489 58 K  Slaps total: 54939 54 K
Gun nuts lost @

1 month ago '08        #25
MrFourteen5 
space
space
Props total: 12314 12 K  Slaps total: 674 674
 titans7 said
They redacted the nephew's name in this story but Lee Merritt has the kid and his name all over his Instagram just completely exploiting this traumatized minor and hoping to get a bigger settlement. Clown Merritt doesn't care about any of these peoples lives or privacy or even justice, just his cut of the check.
Heard Tariq say this a week ago. Plays on the sentiments of the black community then sells the victims out.

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  37
2019 Black Friday deals?
67 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
online now  19
Median 1-Bedroom Rent In San Francisco Soars To Nearly $3,700 A Month
131 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+27online now  16
Video inside Nov 19 - LIVE 9am Official PEACH MINT Extortion Hearings DAY 3 (William..
951 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  10
11/18 wwf thread - squash series pre show 2019 edition
417 comments
1 day ago
@misc
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy