Pixel 4 Announced.

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

1 month ago '07        #1
3168 page views
115 comments

21  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
space
space
Props total: 90925 90 K  Slaps total: 23007 23 K
Pixel 4 Announced.

Last edited by 21; 10-15-2019 at 10:09 AM..
+4   

best
worst
115 comments

1 month ago '12        #2
iamsweets 
space
space
Props total: 8160 8 K  Slaps total: 729 729
Just pre-ordered. Perfect timing too, the mic went bad on my phone.

1 month ago '08        #3
jtdatruth 
space
space
Props total: 2564 2 K  Slaps total: 281 281
128 gb Orange sold out already. Don’t know if I want to settle for the white or just wait till orange is back in stock
+1   

1 month ago '05        #4
lilwheezy 
space
space
Props total: 1011 1 K  Slaps total: 161 161
The fact these prices are for 64GB is a no for me. Might as well wait until they have their usual sale where they knock $200-$300 off.

The Google "experience" with faster updates, etc. just isn't worth that much more to me and aside from the camera, what else justifies the price? Rather get a OnePlus 7T, which is $300 less for the same storage, bigger ram, both telephoto and wide lens camera, warp charge, etc.

I also have a pixel 3 and previous phone was a pixel 2xl so I'm not anti Google by any means

Last edited by lilwheezy; 10-16-2019 at 10:07 AM..
+11   

1 month ago '12        #5
iamsweets 
space
space
 jtdatruth said
128 gb Orange sold out already. Donít know if I want to settle for the white or just wait till orange is back in stock
Might as well get white or black with the orange case
+2   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '17        #6
Rule 336  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 71077 71 K  Slaps total: 31956 31 K
If I just got the pixel 3xl a few months ago is it worth the upgrade? @21
+1   

1 month ago '13        #7
J Thrilla 
space
space
Props total: 18570 18 K  Slaps total: 1346 1 K
Pixel 4 is a little underwhelming from what I can tell thus far. Sure the rampant leaks didn’t help much but that 90Hz refresh rate is pretty nice. However, there are other phones with similar specs minus the Google exclusive features at slightly affordable prices. I expect the camera to be just as great as the previous Pixel 3.

I would prefer a Note 10 or a One Plus 7T Pro.

Last edited by J Thrilla; 10-15-2019 at 11:33 AM..
+6   

1 month ago '04        #8
Burym3ag 
space
space
Props total: 1314 1 K  Slaps total: 111 111
 Rule 336 said
nope, nothing is worth an upgrade unless your phone slows you down and makes using it unbearable.
+4   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '17        #9
justin747  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 86859 86 K  Slaps total: 9210 9 K
 iamsweets said
Just pre-ordered. Perfect timing too, the mic went bad on my phone.

As long as you're happy I can't hate but nothing about this phone is worth a pre-order

First thing I'll say is Soli is fu*kING GARBAGE. It's a dumb gimmick that doesn't add anything to the phone.

lilwheezy said
The fact these prices are for 64GB is a no for me. Might as well wait until they have their usual sale where they knock $200-$300 off.

The Google "experience" with faster updates, etc. just isn't worth that much more to me and aside from the camera, what else justifies the price? Rather get a OnePlus 7T, which is $300 less for the same memory, bigger ram, both telephoto and wide lens camera, warp charge, etc.

I also have a pixel 3 and previous phone was a pixel 2xl so I'm not anti Google by any means
Honestly 64 GB is more than enough storage since most music is streaming and Google Photos allows you to store damn near everything in the cloud

I do agree that the price for 64 GB is way too high for what they offer though. I'd much rather just get the One Plus 7t like you said and that's probably what I'll do honestly to replace my P2XL. Google still doesn't understand hardware and how to compete with everyone else.

You also nailed it with the Google Experience being overrated. The updates have been garbage so getting them early isn't a perk anymore. It's like they're just trying to make a worse version of iOS at this point.

Last edited by justin747; 10-17-2019 at 08:16 PM..
+6   

1 month ago '12        #10
iamsweets 
space
space
 justin747 said

As long as you're happy I can't hate but nothing about this phone is worth a pre-order. And since it's announced I can FINALLY talk about it.

I used it months ago. Ask away if you have questions. First thing I'll say is Soli is fu*kING GARBAGE. It's a dumb gimmick that doesn't add anything to the phone.

Honestly 64 GB is more than enough storage since most music is streaming and Google Photos allows you to store damn near everything in the cloud

I do agree that the price for 64 GB is way too high for what they offer though. I'd much rather just get the One Plus 7t like you said and that's probably what I'll do honestly to replace my P2XL. Google still doesn't understand hardware and how to compete with everyone else.

You also nailed it with the Google Experience being overrated. The updates have been garbage so getting them early isn't a perk anymore. It's like they're just trying to make a worse version of iOS at this point.
yall really have me thinking about the one plus. I'm not gonna lie I went in as a dumb consumer. And didn't look to see if Apt xHD is available. What did you hate the most about the phone, Soli?

Last edited by iamsweets; 10-15-2019 at 01:08 PM..
+1   

1 month ago '05        #11
ceo-of-hucworld 
space
space
Props total: 17786 17 K  Slaps total: 1468 1 K
MKBHD said something a while ago and someone actually posted the clip, where he said that we are starting to see the final form of cell phones. I went to Sprint's site to do the comparison of the Pixel 4 and Pixel 3 and the difference is well...not there. Minus the size of the phones that it is. As someone that uses Apple, this last keynote really opened my eyes more than ever how these companies slap a camera on their devices and call it new. Consumers have to start sitting out doing the every year upgrades to put pressure on these companies that kick out the same sh*t and call it enhanced. Can't fault Google for dropping this incremental upgrade cause it works for Apple but then again Google has to remember that they are not Apple and can't afford that complacent stance. The whole cell phone game is complete sh*t right now. I had someone try to rationalize copping an 11 over an XR and the explanation was mind numbing. It's almost like the just fu*king say you want the latest and greatest and I would respect that more than anything. With the exception of the Note 10+ this year has been a*s for phones.
+8   

1 month ago '04        #12
Mr AirRic 
space
space
Props total: 5896 5 K  Slaps total: 1011 1 K
 justin747 said
You also nailed it with the Google Experience being overrated. The updates have been garbage so getting them early isn't a perk anymore.
ya, Samsung's One UI overtook stock android over the last year or 2, so i dont even think pixel has the software advantage anymore (besides getting upgrades faster - but even that isnt true anymore since One UI had features that stock didnt have until Android 10 got released)

with the plus only being $100 less than the S10+ (which has more ram, double the storage, etc etc), i dont see the point of this phone anymore.. they might as well just focus on their budget phones
+6   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '17        #13
space
space
 iamsweets said
yall really have me thinking about the one plus. I'm not gonna lie I went in as a dumb consumer. And did look to see if Apt xHD is available. What did you hate the most Soli?
Soli just doesn't do anything. I can't think of a single scenario where I'd need to swipe at my phone instead of just using my thumbs. It's just worthless. I also hate no Fingerprint reader. Face ID just doesn't work on Android IMO. I can't explain it but it just felt awkward compared to the iPhone.

Best advice nowadays is NEVER pre order anything. Nothing is scarce anymore. Make these companies prove they deserve your money before you just give it to them. You don't owe them sh*t.

These long a*s commercials they disguse as Press Conferences aren't enough to get your money IMO. Go to a store and use it first.
+5   

1 month ago '09        #14
rexplosive  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
Props total: 1592 1 K  Slaps total: 327 327
This was not it Google, big supporter but this ain't it

Lukcilt Google phones get cheaper quick,at the store or secondary market so I might buy it later

But pixel 5 better not be trash
+4   

1 month ago '17        #15
TROY 
space
space
Props total: 6938 6 K  Slaps total: 554 554
 lilwheezy said

The Google "experience" with faster updates, etc. just isn't worth that much more to me and aside from the camera, what else justifies the price? Rather get a OnePlus 7T, which is $300 less for the same memory, bigger ram, both telephoto and wide lens camera, warp charge, etc.

2800 mAh battery
No 4K recording at 60 FPS
3 years of updates

No thanks. Google is always dropping the fu*king ball man itís annoying to see
+6   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '17        #16
space
space
 rexplosive said
This was not it Google, big supporter but this ain't it

Lukcilt Google phones get cheaper quick,at the store or secondary market so I might buy it later

But pixel 5 better not be trash
I agree this ain't it and as long as they're copying Apple but not offering everything that Apple offers, they're gonna fail and all the Pixels will be trash IMO.

They really just don't understand why people buy Android phones and iPhones. They're completely lost. Like for example, they brag about having the best camera with the highest resolution photos, but you can't send any pictures thru text without them getting compressed to sh*t like a flip phone from 2002.
+1   

1 month ago '16        #17
stop it 5 
space
space
Props total: 9908 9 K  Slaps total: 9257 9 K
trash a*s phone

might as well get you a s10 if you want a sh*tty android that at least looks nice

1 month ago '05        #18
old head  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
space
space
Props total: 30611 30 K  Slaps total: 2337 2 K
Still with a bezel???

We BEEN off that plair

sh*t look like a damn galaxy s8

Google will NEVER win the design war will they?
+4   

1 month ago '08        #19
El Fuerte 
space
space
Props total: 2390 2 K  Slaps total: 210 210
Eh - still on Pixel 2 - guess I am waiting for the 5
+6   

1 month ago '07        #20
21  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4 OP
space
space
Props total: 90925 90 K  Slaps total: 23007 23 K
 Rule 336 said
I wouldn't brother. Rather get the Oneplus 7 if you really want an upgrade though.

Last edited by 21; 10-15-2019 at 03:22 PM..
+4   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '17        #21
space
space
 old head said
Still with a bezel???

We BEEN off that plair

sh*t look like a damn galaxy s8

Google will NEVER win the design war will they?
They're not trying to. Pixel is the best Android experience I've ever had aside from my XZ2 Premium.

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '17        #22
space
space
 justin747 said
I agree this ain't it and as long as they're copying Apple but not offering everything that Apple offers, they're gonna fail and all the Pixels will be trash IMO.

They really just don't understand why people buy Android phones and iPhones. They're completely lost. Like for example, they brag about having the best camera with the highest resolution photos, but you can't send any pictures thru text without them getting compressed to sh*t like a flip phone from 2002.
WhatsApp exists. So does social media.

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '17        #23
space
space
Think I might go with the Xperia 1. Back to Sony I go. I tried to give you n*ggas a chance. I'll probably be back to Google phones in a year or 2 once Sony Mobile closes down since me and only 10 other people in the world but Sony phones

1 month ago '05        #24
pippen33 
space
space
space
Props total: 1761 1 K  Slaps total: 148 148
Nahhhhh. What's the excuse for the big a*s bezels
+2   

1 month ago '12        #25
iamsweets 
space
space
 justin747 said
Soli just doesn't do anything. I can't think of a single scenario where I'd need to swipe at my phone instead of just using my thumbs. It's just worthless. I also hate no Fingerprint reader. Face ID just doesn't work on Android IMO. I can't explain it but it just felt awkward compared to the iPhone.

Best advice nowadays is NEVER pre order anything. Nothing is scarce anymore. Make these companies prove they deserve your money before you just give it to them. You don't owe them sh*t.

These long a*s commercials they disguse as Press Conferences aren't enough to get your money IMO. Go to a store and use it first.
After some research, I think I'm going to get the oneplus 7 pro instead of the pixel 4
+2   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+59online now  21
Teanna Trump calls out OKC basketball player anonymously
127 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+61online now  19
Video inside "South Park" Uses Randy Savage's Likeness To Mock Trans Athletes
101 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  16
LAMELO BALL and BBB just LITERALLY SHUTDOWN SYDNEY AUSTRALIA and made HIST..
55 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+26online now  12
Article inside Welp : Marvel Studios to 'redeem' Hulk following "Endgame"
49 comments
18 hours ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy