Oct 13 - nasa scientist - we already found life on mars in 1976

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 month ago '09        #1
2319 page views
29 comments

messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
space
space
Props total: 143023 143 K  Slaps total: 18027 18 K
Oct 13 - nasa scientist - we already found life on mars in 1976

visit this link https://www.unexplained-m .. d-life-on-mars

Gilbert Levin, who worked on the two Viking landers, maintains that evidence of alien life was found in 1976

With Curiosity still trundling around on the Martian surface and with another follow-up rover due to be launched next summer, it's easy to forget that it hasn't been that long since the idea of landing a spacecraft on the surface of Mars seemed like little more than science fiction.

NASA first accomplished this feat with its Viking landers - two ambitious robotic probes that not only succeeded in landing on the surface but even attempted to search for evidence of alien life.

One of their experiments, which aimed to find organic molecules by mixing water and nutrients with samples of the Martian soil, had initially returned promising results, but after an extensive analysis of the findings it was eventually determined that the result was most likely a false positive.

Not everyone however is convinced that this was the case.

Gilbert Levin, who worked on the Viking life detection experiments, remains adamant to this day that the results were in fact convincing evidence of biological life on the surface of Mars.

Despite being 4,000 miles apart, both Viking landers produced positive results for the Labeled Release (LR) life detection experiment with the data closely matching that from Earth-based test runs.

NASA ultimately dismissed the findings, suggesting that the experiment had in fact detected something that 'mimicked life', as oppose to actual life itself.

Levin argues that there was more to the results than the official analysis suggests and that NASA has been dragging its feet with regard to conducting repeat experiments in more recent years.

In particular, he believes that NASA has failed in its objective to seek out life on Mars.

With both ESA's ExoMars rover and NASA's Mars 2020 rover due to head to the Red Planet in the near future however, the hunt for life could in fact be about to begin in earnest
+1   

best
worst
29 comments

1 month ago '16        #2
Eastcoast 
space
space
space
Props total: 3312 3 K  Slaps total: 874 874
What kind of life, based on what?
+6   

1 month ago '04        #3
Mike T 
space
space
Props total: 37789 37 K  Slaps total: 5552 5 K
 Eastcoast said
What kind of life, based on what?
Thats what I was looking for life could mean organisms.
+8   

1 month ago '13        #4
jjwms33 
space
space
space
Props total: 1909 1 K  Slaps total: 435 435
All this is bullsh*t. The physical and spiritual/astral planes are abundant with life. We live in a play/on a stage everyone are actors....
William Shakespeare
+3   

1 month ago '18        #5
mrobvious 
space
space
Props total: 255 255  Slaps total: 78 78
incredible reliable sources. not.
+1   

1 month ago '15        #6
Shmoedog 
space
space
Props total: 8855 8 K  Slaps total: 3516 3 K
100 years from now, "We've found life on......" just take our word for it
+1   

1 month ago '07        #7
r.burgundy 
space
space
Props total: 10430 10 K  Slaps total: 2275 2 K
Man,i could swear in the 90s there was an article in a sceintific journal about bacteria being found in a mars rock in think.could never find the article again
+4   

1 month ago '13        #8
AHernsGun 
space
space
Props total: 2375 2 K  Slaps total: 1007 1 K
i can tell who's taken advanced or organic chemistry based off the comments.

education is important fellas.
+1   

1 month ago '12        #9
OldBusiness 
space
space
Props total: 78015 78 K  Slaps total: 5529 5 K
The first step is to stop thinking of life by earthly means. The issue is thats all we've ever known
+5   

1 month ago '18        #10
Eyesofchaos 
space
space
Props total: 3128 3 K  Slaps total: 1729 1 K
David Wilcock Corey Goode....look those two up. That's all ima say

1 month ago '16        #11
kamal1978 
space
space
space
Props total: 1042 1 K  Slaps total: 426 426
Space is fake

I always asked myself why this obsession with Mars why not Venus or Jupiter

1 month ago '04        #12
jkp 
space
space
Props total: 848 848  Slaps total: 182 182
 OldBusiness said
The first step is to stop thinking of life by earthly means. The issue is thats all we've ever known
Always said that bro. Just because life is formed a certain way on this planet doesn’t mean it’s the only way life can be formed

1 month ago '19        #13
jojothugadventu 
space
space
Props total: 2543 2 K  Slaps total: 287 287
space is bullsh*t ,

Last edited by jojothugadventu; 10-14-2019 at 10:29 AM..

1 month ago '17        #14
TROY 
space
space
Props total: 6953 6 K  Slaps total: 554 554
 kamal1978 said
Space is fake

I always asked myself why this obsession with Mars why not Venus or Jupiter
Venus is the hottest planet. All that greenhouse gas makes life very unlikely

Jupiter is a gas giant and doesn’t have a “surface” it’s just gas and gas. Gravity is too strong and life would probably be on one of its moons

Saturns moon titan actually has bodies of water on it
+3   

1 month ago '08        #15
sbbigmike 
space
space
space
Props total: 437 437  Slaps total: 132 132
 jojothugadventu said
space is bullsh*t ,
The bible talks of space and a governmental system of so called angels that govern and dictate/dabble things and affairs of the earth

Like the bible says in the beginning God created the heavens in plural...than earth in singular.......
+3   

1 month ago '19        #16
jojothugadventu 
space
space
Props total: 2543 2 K  Slaps total: 287 287
 sbbigmike said
The bible talks of space and a governmental system of so called angels that govern and dictate/dabble things and affairs of the earth

Like the bible says in the beginning God created the heavens in plural...than earth in singular.......
I believe in that. Angels are real and so are demons , gods and goddessess , theres thousands of em outside of our phsyical world, but they aint up in space
+1   

1 month ago '05        #17
DatKidDex 
space
space
Props total: 795 795  Slaps total: 188 188
 Mike T said
Life could be bacteria
+1   

1 month ago '11        #18
dymablink  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
space
Props total: 8190 8 K  Slaps total: 2695 2 K
 jkp said
Always said that bro. Just because life is formed a certain way on this planet doesn’t mean it’s the only way life can be formed
Exactly one of my theories is even that say theres life on another planet where its like 500 degrees and thats how they evolved and if they ever came here even in a heatwave in the US theyd freeze to death
+1   

1 month ago '12        #19
OldBusiness 
space
space
 TROY said

Jupiter is a gas giant and doesn’t have a “surface” it’s just gas and gas. Gravity is too strong and life would probably be on one of its moons

This man knows
I been telling them about Europa for years on here. EUROPA has so much water on it that its literally spouting water into the galaxy like a super geyser.

The real reason they look at Mars..

And most scientist agree with this...

Is because Mars has signs of where life once was, but that life was wiped away and eradicated somehow. Theyre trying to study it to see how that happened there, and how to prevent it here

Ive even seen articles where researchers argued Mars was our original home, and the prehistoric animals inhabited earth...and that the cataclysmic event that wiped out the dinosaurs was really terraforming.

Not saying I believe it lol.

But they studied a dead planet for decades now claiming they were trying to find "water ice" when Europa is literally filled with water, possibly salt water at that.

The Euro space agency launches a mission to ganymede in 2022 with like 4 flybys of Europa planned, and Nasa is launching a europa exclusive mission in 2025.
+1   

1 month ago '15        #20
Shmoedog 
space
space
Props total: 8855 8 K  Slaps total: 3516 3 K
 TROY said

Speculative articles like this only aims to accomplish one thing, that's to guarantee the continuous funding of NASA all on the speculative notion that there maybe "life" out there in the most vaguest definition possible. It's all strategic marketing by NASA to keep interest in space exploration.

100 years from now, it'll still be the same "there maybe life on........" instead of a definitive "life has been discovered on....and here's the proof"

1 month ago '13        #21
AHernsGun 
space
space
Props total: 2375 2 K  Slaps total: 1007 1 K
Suspicions confirmed. Nobody with a science grade above 40 in here.

1 month ago '04        #22
jkp 
space
space
Props total: 848 848  Slaps total: 182 182
 dymablink said
Exactly one of my theories is even that say theres life on another planet where its like 500 degrees and thats how they evolved and if they ever came here even in a heatwave in the US theyd freeze to death
There’s entire species plant and animal in the deep ocean that don’t use photosynthesis, they a created from the carbon monoxide released by the volcanos under the ocean... you may not be far off
+1   

1 month ago '17        #23
TROY 
space
space
Props total: 6953 6 K  Slaps total: 554 554
 OldBusiness said
This man knows
I been telling them about Europa for years on here. EUROPA has so much water on it that its literally spouting water into the galaxy like a super geyser.

The real reason they look at Mars..

And most scientist agree with this...

Is because Mars has signs of where life once was, but that life was wiped away and eradicated somehow. Theyre trying to study it to see how that happened there, and how to prevent it here

Ive even seen articles where researchers argued Mars was our original home, and the prehistoric animals inhabited earth...and that the cataclysmic event that wiped out the dinosaurs was really terraforming.

Not saying I believe it lol.

But they studied a dead planet for decades now claiming they were trying to find "water ice" when Europa is literally filled with water, possibly salt water at that.

The Euro space agency launches a mission to ganymede in 2022 with like 4 flybys of Europa planned, and Nasa is launching a europa exclusive mission in 2025.
Wasn’t it Europa that has water underneath the crust? I read somewhere that it’s large bodies of water underground and they speculate that life may exist under there
+1   

1 month ago '12        #24
OldBusiness 
space
space
 TROY said
Wasn’t it Europa that has water underneath the crust? I read somewhere that it’s large bodies of water underground and they speculate that life may exist under there
Yeah Europa has a thin icy crust and under it are oceans and at times the water explodes out like a geyser well beyond its atmosphere.

Mars is a dead planet.
+2   

1 month ago '16        #25
Eastcoast 
space
space
space
Props total: 3312 3 K  Slaps total: 874 874
 Mike T said
I would want to know if it's carbon based, silicon based(that would be a first), is it similar to life on earth(are the two related, are we all Martians?)?

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  24
Image(s) inside The Sonic redesign cost Paramount less than $5M, bringing the films bu..
68 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  23
Image(s) inside Elizabeth Banks Faces Backlash for Saying Wonder Woman & Captain Marve..
52 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+90online now  21
Max Kellerman got Stephen A. On hush mode about Kaep now
132 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+114online now  11
Video inside Woman Leaves Car Running In Her Driveway, A Nigga Walking By Just Takes..
269 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy