Shenmue 3 has gone gold

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
73 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

1 month ago '17        #1
1614 page views
59 comments

SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 42349 42 K  Slaps total: 9840 9 K
Shenmue 3 has gone gold

We fu*king did it! image

What a time to be a gamer
+7   

best
worst
59 comments

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '17        #2
justin747  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 86851 86 K  Slaps total: 9208 9 K
When is the review embargo over?

1 month ago '17        #3
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2 OP
space
space
 justin747 said
When is the review embargo over?

I dont think review copies gone out yet. Lets be real though, there are gonna be writers giving this a high score so they wont receive backlash. Thats just the game.

1 month ago '17        #4
Timberwolves  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 14301 14 K  Slaps total: 1867 1 K
what does has gone gold mean

I know it has something do with xbox but i've never owned one

1 month ago '04        #5
KURUPTION!!! 
space
space
Props total: 1547 1 K  Slaps total: 174 174
 Timberwolves said
what does has gone gold mean

I know it has something do with xbox but i've never owned one
I doesn't have anything to do with Xbox really. It just means that the game has been finished and it's off to be certified and manufactured.

I'm interested in how this game will land with people. Shenmue 2 was my sh*t, but I'm not sure how much I'll like it in 2019. Either was Day One.
+4   

1 month ago '18        #6
Dehone 
space
space
Props total: 16226 16 K  Slaps total: 693 693
17 years. Since 8th fu*king grade, I lay in wait, having lost all hope by three time I had turned 18.

We did it my brothers. We made it. We're here.

Im now almost as old as Lan Di when he k*lled Ryos dad
+15   

1 month ago '18        #7
Dehone 
space
space
 SPdaGOAT said
I dont think review copies gone out yet. Lets be real though, there are gonna be writers giving this a high score so they wont receive backlash. Thats just the game.
Theres also going to be a bunch of writers waiting to sh*t on it holding it to the standard of AAA titles like RDR and God of War
+4   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '17        #8
space
space
 Dehone said
Theres also going to be a bunch of writers waiting to sh*t on it holding it to the standard of AAA titles like RDR and God of War
I'm holding it to the standard of the other Shenmue games and it won't even surpass that. Shenmue was NEVER fun. Its was a bunch of "busy work" missions and a garbage story with a terrible f*ghting engine.

But honestly it should be held to he standard of other games in 2019. It shouldn't get any sympathy points on reviews because of nostalgia. If it is wack (which it will be) then it deserves to be sh*tted on.

1 month ago '15        #9
T Town84 
space
space
Props total: 5571 5 K  Slaps total: 272 272
Yesuh!!! Cant wait.. Im tryna request the whole week off for this

Liked what i saw from the demo!! Captured the shenmue feel from what I saw! Die hards are most likely gonna love it while folks that are new to it most likely will have mixed reactions..

Heard one guy comment on the voice acting on 3.. I've played 1 and 2 and wouldnt want it any other way.. It wouldnt be shenmue without akward voice acting..

Last edited by T Town84; 10-11-2019 at 07:53 PM..
+3   

1 month ago '18        #10
Dehone 
space
space
 justin747 said
I'm holding it to the standard of the other Shenmue games and it won't even surpass that. Shenmue was NEVER fun. Its was a bunch of "busy work" missions and a garbage story with a terrible f*ghting engine.

But honestly it should be held to he standard of other games in 2019. It shouldn't get any sympathy points on reviews because of nostalgia. If it is wack (which it will be) then it deserves to be sh*tted on.
Im talking about standards like graphics, because let's face it, that's the only criticism besides being a "life simulator". Shenmue 3 is an indie title, unlike the first two. People keep talking about how it looks like a ps2 game(they're exaggerating) and expect it to look like RDR or the order 1886 just because it's a current gen title. Shenmue no longer has a 50-70 million dollar budget. Those days are over. Theres a difference between sympathy and realistic expectations.

The system was trash if you were trash at it. The story is good. It's supposed to be slow paced and immersive.
+3   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '17        #11
space
space
 Dehone said
Im talking about standards like graphics, because let's face it, that's the only criticism besides being a "life simulator". Shenmue 3 is an indie title, unlike the first two. People keep talking about how it looks like a ps2 game(they're exaggerating) and expect it to look like RDR or the order 1886 just because it's a current gen title. Shenmue no longer has a 50-70 million dollar budget. Those days are over. Theres a difference between sympathy and realistic expectations.

The system was trash if you were trash at it. The story is good. It's supposed to be slow paced and immersive.
The story was wack to me but at least it's debatable. The gameplay was fu*king GARBAGE. It had nothing to do with me being bad either. It just wasn't fun. Ryo had less sh*t going for him in a video game world than I did in real life, and I was young when I played this.

Why would I wanna play a n*gga in a video game that has it worse than me in real life? I play games to escape reality, not suffer through it.

1 month ago '18        #12
Dehone 
space
space
 justin747 said
The story was wack to me but at least it's debatable. The gameplay was fu*king GARBAGE. It had nothing to do with me being bad either. It just wasn't fun. Ryo had less sh*t going for him in a video game world than I did in real life, and I was young when I played this.

Why would I wanna play a n*gga in a video game that has it worse than me in real life? I play games to escape reality, not suffer through it.
Roy had one focus, so of course you had more going on in your life than he did. He dropped everything else.

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '17        #13
space
space
 Dehone said
Roy had one focus, so of course you had more going on in your life than he did. He dropped everything else.
No I'm talking about racing forklifts and airing out books and catching fu*king leaves and working at the Lucky Hit. The game was full of garbage missions that kept you busy doing boring sh*t so they could say the game was longer.

This was the mission that made me quit Shenmue 2.

Then, fu*k whoever decided to make you walk real time on that hike at the end. The mission was that you literally just walked for 2 full hours.

1 month ago '05        #14
Micheal C. Will 
space
space
Props total: 40339 40 K  Slaps total: 5995 5 K
Shenmue is prime example how nostalgia can cloud people judgements.

Game tried to be too realistic for its own good and ended up not being fun at all.

1 month ago '04        #15
dog4life 
space
space
Props total: 698 698  Slaps total: 120 120
Got my confirmation Email not gonna play it till March

1 month ago '18        #16
Dehone 
space
space
 justin747 said
No I'm talking about racing forklifts and airing out books and catching fu*king leaves and working at the Lucky Hit. The game was full of garbage missions that kept you busy doing boring sh*t so they could say the game was longer.

This was the mission that made me quit Shenmue 2.

Then, fu*k whoever decided to make you walk real time on that hike at the end. The mission was that you literally just walked for 2 full hours.

Racing forklifts was fun back then. Hasn't aged well today. Lucky hit isn't mandatory. There were several ways to make money in the game and working a lucky hit stand is one of the slowest ways to earn money. Catching leaves took like 15 minutes. Airing out books, I'll give you that. The walking through the mountains served a purpose at the end as its establishing Roy's relationship with Shenhua although I did think they could've cut that down to an hour.
+1   

1 month ago '17        #17
space
space
 justin747 said

If we hold it to the standard of todayís games and itís even half of what Shenmue 1 was, itís gonna blow it out the fu*king water lmfao

1 month ago '17        #18
space
space
 Micheal C. Will said
Shenmue is prime example how nostalgia can cloud people judgements.

Game tried to be too realistic for its own good and ended up not being fun at all.
Sure man, we powered through two long games back in the day because of nostalgia lmfao.

The hate this game gets is hilarious. Usual suspects on this board that are never playing a game better than the first two
+2   

1 month ago '05        #19
Micheal C. Will 
space
space
 SPdaGOAT said
Sure man, we powered through two long games back in the day because of nostalgia lmfao.

The hate this game gets is hilarious. Usual suspects on this board that are never playing a game better than the first two
Look here son, just because you were some toddler or some little n*gga in grad school who didn't know any better and thought every little video was cool when that sh*t dropped doesn't mean everyone else was in the same category.

I was already in my early 20's serving in the Army driving forklifts and working in a warehouse for a living, so excuse me if playing games doing mundane task like that didn't seem appealing. The only thing fun about Shenmue was going to the Arcade, playing old school games but even that got old quick too.

Especially since Dreamcast had way better games to play and with PS2 on the horizon, why would I waste my time with this joint.

You need to find some more constructive things to do with your time, then steadily defending old a*s games as much as you do. It's not that serious, they still making these sh*ts, so be happy about that and stop being so sensitive because we don't like them like you do.
+1   

1 month ago '17        #20
space
space
 Micheal C. Will said
Look here son, just because you were some toddler or some little n*gga in grad school who didn't know any better and thought every little video was cool when that sh*t dropped doesn't mean everyone else was in the same category.

I was already in my early 20's serving in the Army driving forklifts and working in a warehouse for a living, so excuse me if playing games doing mundane task like that didn't seem appealing. The only thing fun about Shenmue was going to the Arcade, playing old school games but even that got old quick too.

Especially since Dreamcast had way better games to play and with PS2 on the horizon, why would I waste my time with this joint.

You need to find some more constructive things to do with your time, then steadily defending old a*s games as much as you do. It's not that serious, they still making these sh*ts, so be happy about that and stop being so sensitive because we don't like them like you do.
I need to find better things to do than play games I enjoy?

Tf yall dumb a*s n*ggas be on bruh

Deadass your whole being makes sense now that you mentioned you was in the Army, that sh*t destroyed your feeble a*s brain.
+1   

1 month ago '05        #21
Micheal C. Will 
space
space
 SPdaGOAT said
I need to find better things to do than play games I enjoy?

Tf yall dumb a*s n*ggas be on bruh

Deadass your whole being makes sense now that you mentioned you was in the Army, that sh*t destroyed your feeble a*s brain.
You need to find more constructive to do than coming in threads being sensitive like a little girl because sone people dont like the same games you so.

I believe I said this in the previous post.

I gave my reasons why I'm not feeling that sh*t, so get over it and move along.
+1   

1 month ago '17        #22
space
space
 Micheal C. Will said
You need to find more constructive to do than coming in threads being sensitive like a little girl because sone people dont like the same games you so.

I believe I said this in the previous post.

I gave my reasons why I'm not feeling that sh*t, so get over it and move along.
Right, I should follow in your footsteps and enter threads on games I hate to continue beating the dead horse everyone seen me beat to death a million times already. BXís master of being constructive here
+1   

1 month ago '05        #23
Micheal C. Will 
space
space
 SPdaGOAT said
Right, I should follow in your footsteps and enter threads on games I hate to continue beating the dead horse everyone seen me beat to death a million times already. BXís master of being constructive here
A thread was made, opinions were given.

Which happens everyday on this forum, in every section. If you don't want people criticizing your favorite games stop making threads about them.

Simple as that you sensitive weirdo.
+1   

1 month ago '17        #24
space
space
 Micheal C. Will said
A thread was made, opinions were given.

Which happens everyday on this forum, in every section. If you don't want people criticizing your favorite games stop making threads about them.

Simple as that you sensitive weirdo.
And your opinion isnít above criticism. Want me to stop criticizing it, then shut the fu*k up. Simple as that rocks for brains.
+1   

1 month ago '05        #25
Micheal C. Will 
space
space
 SPdaGOAT said
And your opinion isnít above criticism. Want me to stop criticizing it, then shut the fu*k up. Simple as that rocks for brains.
I simple stated I wasn't the feeling the game and it was boring.

It simple comments like that about a video game gets you triggered like that you need to get your priorities in check little n*gga.
+1   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+58online now  22
Video inside "South Park" Uses Randy Savage's Likeness To Mock Trans Athletes
97 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+59online now  21
Teanna Trump calls out OKC basketball player anonymously
126 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  19
LAMELO BALL and BBB just LITERALLY SHUTDOWN SYDNEY AUSTRALIA and made HIST..
55 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  11
Nov 18 - China to takeover Kenyaís main port over unpaid loan
55 comments
19 hours ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy