Oct 6 - Elon Musk ETHERS The Auto Industry

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section news

1 month ago '04        #1
8440 page views
146 comments

the_malicious  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 6700 6 K  Slaps total: 755 755
Oct 6 - Elon Musk ETHERS The Auto Industry

Tesla CEO Elon Musk thinks it took a while for the auto industry to believe Tesla was the real deal and now they are paying the price for it.

In a new interview, Musk explains why the auto industry hasn’t caught up with Tesla yet and where Tesla’s priorities are going forward.

Motor Trend made the 2013 Model S the “ultimate” car of year over the 70 years the publisher has given the award to highlight that other automakers still haven’t caught up to the capabilities of the electric vehicle from 6 years ago.

The publication famously snubbed the Model 3 in its debut year in favor of the Alfa Romeo Giulia. .

Tesla has significantly improved its flagship sedan over those years – most recently earlier this year with a motor and suspension upgrade – but there’s a very real argument that can be made for even older versions of the Model S beating the competition.

When asked in an interview with Motor Trend why he thinks other automakers are having trouble catching up, Musk said that they didn’t even try to compete because they didn’t believe Tesla would succeed:

“Well I don’t know. It’s surprising to us. I thought the industry would have had cars that are competitive to the Model S well before now because as we were talking about—the Model S debuted in 2009, and even if people thought, “Well, that’s an impossible car to build,” which conventional wisdom said that the Model S was an impossible car to build, and there were many articles written to that effect. But once we started delivering them to customers and they were approved by the regulators and met all of the safety requirements, it’s like the Model S has got the best safety rating that NHTSA had ever tested of any car. I really expected that there would be within maybe three years or something, we’d have something that was better than the original Model S.”
The CEO added that “the car industry is just fairly slow to evolve” and he believes that they “didn’t take electric vehicles really seriously” until 2014 or 2015 – giving Tesla a significant lead.

Musk also argued that competitors make many cars with “no soul”:

“And the overarching goal is, what can we do to make you fall in love with this car? And I think the biggest thing about Tesla and the cars that we make is that this is not designed by a soulless corporation. There’s not like some finance spreadsheet or something like that with some market analysis. There’s none of that. Obviously we need to bring in more money than we spend, but at the end of the day we want to make a car that we love, that hits us in the heart, that makes you feel. And how many of these cars, they have no soul.
He added:

“They make all these cars that have no soul or no heart, and they wonder why nobody feels anything for them. Why should they?”
With the Taycan, Porsche claimed that it s bringing ‘soul’ to electrification.

As for keeping its lead, Musk said that Tesla needs to reduce the cost of electric powertrains and focus on autonomy:

“We’ve got a really exciting product lineup, just when we’re talking about Tesla specifically, and we can talk more about the future, but we’ve got the Tesla Semi, the new Roadster, later this year hopefully we’ll be unveiling the Tesla pickup truck, and Model Y will be going into production. I think in general, though, from a societal benefits standpoint, we need to just improve the cost of an electric powertrain—the battery pack and powertrain overall—to make the car more affordable, and we need self-autonomy. Those are the two things at a very high level that matter the most. But doing it along the way with heart and soul.”
Musk again hammered on autonomy, which he thinks is going to fundamentally change the industry sooner than most people think.

He aims for Tesla to have a fully autonomous product by the end of next year.

visit this link https://electrek.co/2019/ .. petition-soul/

Last edited by the_malicious; 10-06-2019 at 07:32 PM..
+34   

best
worst
146 comments

1 month ago '04        #2
the_malicious  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2 OP
space
space

Traditional auto companies aren't guaranteed success selling electric cars
Most have no expertise in electric or IT
They were already 5+ years behind Tesla's existing tech
But once Tesla produces batteries and motors that last 1 million miles
Alot of these companies won't survive that
Because their electric cars still have a similar lifespan to gas cars
+60   

1 month ago '04        #3
deziking 
space
space
Props total: 14056 14 K  Slaps total: 1845 1 K
Good most of the cars are lemon cars.

1 month ago '19        #4
Bucks414  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 6562 6 K  Slaps total: 8571 8 K
Tesla’s in their own lane.

IMO the only car worth taking a auto loan out for
+50   

1 month ago '13        #5
Phenom354 
space
space
Props total: 13532 13 K  Slaps total: 1375 1 K
 Bucks414 said
Teslaís in their own lane.

IMO the only car worth taking a auto loan out for
Depends on the individuals situation, wants and needs.

However I do think it's dumb to not consider one though.
+12   

1 month ago '04        #6
space
space
For auto loans
Capital One bank says Tesla is destroying value of luxury cars in used markets

Last edited by the_malicious; 10-12-2019 at 04:48 AM..
+36   

1 month ago '12        #7
Di Warlord 
space
space
Props total: 18847 18 K  Slaps total: 1057 1 K
I'd consider copping a Tesla
+51   

1 month ago '04        #8
Mike T 
space
space
Props total: 37757 37 K  Slaps total: 5552 5 K
Which bx n*gga wants my employee in front of the line discount for working at the gigafactory
+19   

1 month ago '15        #9
Mystic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
space
space
space
Props total: 45870 45 K  Slaps total: 17633 17 K
 Mike T said
Which bx n*gga wants my employee in front of the line discount for working at the gigafactory
In a couple months, need to pick one up for the misses
+5   

1 month ago '07        #10
PurpleKush 
space
space
Props total: 6275 6 K  Slaps total: 1570 1 K
Best car out there..no oil no radiator lol..other car makes don’t want to make electric cars, they are not that much repair besides needed cosmetic work..these car makers want u to keep fixing their sh*tty cars at the dealer
+51   

1 month ago '12        #11
CosbySweater 
space
space
Props total: 23987 23 K  Slaps total: 1940 1 K
my next car
+14   

1 month ago '04        #12
pimppoet 
space
space
space
Props total: 692 692  Slaps total: 124 124
 PurpleKush said
Best car out there..no oil no radiator lol..other car makes donít want to make electric cars, they are not that much repair besides needed cosmetic work..these car makers want u to keep fixing their sh*tty cars at the dealer
same will happen once electric cars are the norm tho...telsa gonna be the apple of cars until big brother force to have fair business with cheaper repair shops.

1 month ago '16        #13
OWPE 
space
space
Props total: 18403 18 K  Slaps total: 25913 25 K
What Tesla doesnt tell you, is that like all batteries, eventually you gotta switch it out. Its gonna lose its juice and thats gonna cost because its what does everything.

Tesla’s still losing money despite a record quarter for deliveries

1 month ago '11        #14
Suppafresh 
space
space
Props total: 1478 1 K  Slaps total: 249 249
Buying one next year!!!
+12   

1 month ago '16        #15
kushmasterflex2 
space
space
space
Props total: 1874 1 K  Slaps total: 127 127
Ppl still believe he has a Tesla in space

1 month ago '04        #16
space
space
 OWPE said
What Tesla doesnt tell you, is that like all batteries, eventually you gotta switch it out. Its gonna lose its juice and thats gonna cost because its what does everything.
Misinformation probably spread from the oil industry
Most gas cars today last 300k miles
Tesla's current batteries already last 300-500k miles
Next year all Teslas produced include batteries that last 1million+ miles

Last edited by the_malicious; 10-12-2019 at 04:45 AM..
+35   

1 month ago '04        #17
xbossxplayax 
space
space
Props total: 5658 5 K  Slaps total: 1390 1 K
Y still to me he sounds like saying to other traditional automakers “whether you’d like to admit or not or whether im right or wrong, our sh!t is years ahead, fax, so.... buy us wink wink”
+4   

1 month ago '17        #18
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 69918 69 K  Slaps total: 4150 4 K
 Phenom354 said
Depends on the individuals situation, wants and needs.

However I do think it's dumb to not consider one though.
Sit in one and you'll see why. The fit and finish and quality are trash in Teslas.

1 month ago '19        #19
Tacko Fallspaus  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x38
space
space
Props total: 8611 8 K  Slaps total: 8712 8 K
 Di Warlord said
I'd consider copping a Tesla
Youíre not making that much

1 month ago '19        #20
WestPittsburg 
space
space
space
Props total: 2149 2 K  Slaps total: 468 468
 CosbySweater said
my next car
No cap next car I get is gonna be a Tesla they quick as hell and look great I need that Tesla 4 door tinted up with 2 12s in the trunk my car is fast as fu*k and I almost got smashed on by a stock Tesla

1 month ago '19        #21
WestPittsburg 
space
space
space
Props total: 2149 2 K  Slaps total: 468 468
I can work on cars even new ones I don’t know how to repair a Tesla only reason I don’t own one
+1   

1 month ago '15        #22
donnyyy 
space
space
space
Props total: 6547 6 K  Slaps total: 995 995
He's right though. The auto industry has never been interested in getting away from gas guzzling cars, and its been a debate for years on end.

Hopefully he wrecks the industry or at least bring enough pressure for change to some of these automakers.

Not only are they making money but the oil companies gouging people just because is awful.

I think right now some parts of Los Angeles, gas is 5 bucks and no one is travelling, we arent in the summer which used to be their excuse for higher prices.
+14   

1 month ago '19        #23
Airtight 
space
space
Props total: 1191 1 K  Slaps total: 149 149
I want that 30k model. My sister and mom put down a thousand to get in line but they literally can't make them fast enough.

I remember one time I'm rolling through my mom's neighborhood and me and my sisters stop to admire a beaut white Model S Tesla in a driveway. Like she stops the car and everything.

Sitting there washing the wheels is this brotha obviously loving taking care of his machine. He gives us a big smile and a what's good nod. We all nod back and as we pull away I see this white girl coming out with a lemonade or some sh*t for him.

I ain't never been jealous of another man's life but this cat had all his ducks in a row. Hope you're still doing well kang

+48   

1 month ago '17        #24
LeG.O.A.T 
space
space
Props total: 52315 52 K  Slaps total: 38372 38 K
Me and the Wife about to get one.
+6   

1 month ago '05        #25
240sx 
space
space
Props total: 3208 3 K  Slaps total: 1116 1 K
They going too hack that sh*t too...
+2   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  34
Nov 19 - Man kills girlfriend, then impersonated her on social media
18 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  18
Christian Bale; Christopher Nolan declined to develop a sequel to 'The Dark Kn..
46 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  15
2019 Black Friday deals?
78 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
+18online now  9
Nov 18 - South Korea Ditches The US, Signs Defense Agreement With China