Amazon Echo users can soon replace Alexa with Samuel L. Jackson's voice

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
34 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

2 months ago '05        #1
1888 page views
28 comments

SupaMann 
space
space
Props total: 2304 2 K  Slaps total: 92 92
Amazon Echo users can soon replace Alexa with Samuel L. Jackson's voice

-Samuel L. Jackson will be the first celebrity whose voice will be available on Amazon's Alexa, thanks to neural text-to-speech technology (which can mimic celebrities' voices).

-Jackson "can tell you jokes, let you know if it's raining, set timers and alarms, play music and more — all with a bit of his own personality," according to the company's official blog post.

-The voice will cost 99 cents and come in two versions: explicit and non-explicit.

Samuel L. Jackson and other celebrities will lend their voices to Amazon's Alexa devices in a new feature that will be available as a 99-cent upgrade, the tech giant announced at a major product reveal in Seattle.

Other celebrities' voices will be added next year. The company has recently amped up its affiliations with A-listers in its marketing efforts for Alexa, including Super Bowl ads featuring the likes of Harrison Ford, Cardi B, and Anthony Hopkins.

Jackson "can tell you jokes, let you know if it's raining, set timers and alarms, play music and more — all with a bit of his own personality," according to the company's official blog post. The company plans two versions of his voice — "explicit and non-explicit."

image image image

As voice competition ramps up among Amazon, Google and Apple, the push for Alexa dominated the Amazon event. The company also announced updates to its Echo Show video-enabled devices, as well as a $59 version of the Echo Dot featuring a clock and designed for bedstands. Amazon also took the wraps off new Echo units such as Studio, Glow, Flex and Bose-powered wireless earbuds called (what else?) Echo Buds. The $200 Studio is the first high-end Echo model, featuring Dolby Atmos.

There are now 100 million devices equipped with Echo speakers, which Amazon first rolled out five years ago.

Amazon at the event also plugged its collaboration with Discovery on the forthcoming subscription streaming outlet Food Network Kitchen. The $7-a-month service will debut in late October and will supplement live and on-demand video programming with ingredient and equipment delivery through Amazon and playlists optimized for Alexa.

source: visit this link https://www.insider.com/a .. jackson-2019-9
+13   

best
worst
28 comments

2 months ago '18        #2
Mr Tibbs 
space
space
Props total: 1558 1 K  Slaps total: 250 250
no snitching robots in my house.
+18   

2 months ago '04        #3
SubConscious 
space
space
Props total: 101215 101 K  Slaps total: 5064 5 K
 Mr Tibbs said

+25   

2 months ago '09        #4
NcAlien 
space
space
Props total: 2927 2 K  Slaps total: 232 232
 Mr Tibbs said
I completely agree.

What about our cellphones though?
+8   

2 months ago '04        #5
LovinPavan 
space
space
Props total: 2190 2 K  Slaps total: 1609 1 K
it's happening. it's finally happening.
+2   

2 months ago '05        #6
bqstudios 
space
space
Props total: 7020 7 K  Slaps total: 1611 1 K
Amazon aint playin, they about to drop a bunch of cool gadgets!
I was actually invited to test out theyre new alexa glasses, Hope i actually get a pair. and when will sams voice be avilable?

2 months ago '04        #7
regularjoe 
space
space
Props total: 20025 20 K  Slaps total: 4855 4 K
Google home was supposed to get John legend voice but it never happened
+2   

2 months ago '06        #8
Badnewz100 
space
space
Props total: 20638 20 K  Slaps total: 537 537
sh*t would all good till it say "Say what again mothafu*ka"
+13   

2 months ago '04        #9
Fameus 
space
space
Props total: 7525 7 K  Slaps total: 1835 1 K
 Mr Tibbs said
At this point we dont have a choice. If the government was for us theyd torpedo these user agreements and tort laws. People will "agree" every single fu*king right they have away for a better camera or to "like" a post or to get paper towels quicker. That sh*t could say they get to fu*k your wife every third Wednesday and you fu*ks wouldnt even know it. They distract us with gun laws and abortion so they can mine data and "easedrop" and steal your rights.
+6   

2 months ago '05        #10
dasill 
space
space
Props total: 9104 9 K  Slaps total: 2387 2 K
 Mr Tibbs said
You don't have a cellphone?

Did you know that your phone listens all the time and when certain commercials come on they have a super high pitched sound you can't hear but your phone hears.

+4   

2 months ago '08        #11
thisguymush 
space
space
space
Props total: 891 891  Slaps total: 346 346
I think this is great and perfect.. could be wild scary tho waking up to a heavy a*s SLJ voice!

2 months ago '13        #12
Jubz 
space
space
Props total: 6602 6 K  Slaps total: 107 107
 Mr Tibbs said

+7   

2 months ago '13        #13
Jubz 
space
space
Props total: 6602 6 K  Slaps total: 107 107
 Fameus said
At this point we dont have a choice. If the government was for us theyd torpedo these user agreements and tort laws. People will "agree" every single fu*king right they have away for a better camera or to "like" a post or to get paper towels quicker. That sh*t could say they get to fu*k your wife every third Wednesday and you fu*ks wouldnt even know it. They distract us with gun laws and abortion so they can mine data and "easedrop" and steal your rights.
We have a choice but at the expense of being labelled as a prehistoric tin foiled conspiracy theorist skeptic. Good post.
+3   

2 months ago '04        #14
dog4life 
space
space
Props total: 698 698  Slaps total: 120 120
Me: Alexa, what is the weather gonna be like today?

Alexa SJ voice: It's Cold Muthafu*ka
+7   

2 months ago '16        #15
l3altimore7  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 3755 3 K  Slaps total: 426 426
The voice will cost 99 cents and come in two versions: explicit and non-explic

ppl just wanna make the snitchbot curse
+2   

2 months ago '15        #16
The Red Hood 
space
space
Props total: 2003 2 K  Slaps total: 135 135
 Mr Tibbs said
You carry one in your pocket everyday.
+2   

2 months ago '04        #17
NaMeLeSs- 
space
space
Props total: 5896 5 K  Slaps total: 404 404
 SupaMann said

-Samuel L. Jackson will be the first celebrity whose voice will be available on Amazon's Alexa, thanks to neural text-to-speech technology (which can mimic celebrities' voices).

-Jackson "can tell you jokes, let you know if it's raining, set timers and alarms, play music and more — all with a bit of his own personality," according to the company's official blog post.

-The voice will cost 99 cents and come in two versions: explicit and non-explicit.

Samuel L. Jackson and other celebrities will lend their voices to Amazon's Alexa devices in a new feature that will be available as a 99-cent upgrade, the tech giant announced at a major product reveal in Seattle.

Other celebrities' voices will be added next year. The company has recently amped up its affiliations with A-listers in its marketing efforts for Alexa, including Super Bowl ads featuring the likes of Harrison Ford, Cardi B, and Anthony Hopkins.

Jackson "can tell you jokes, let you know if it's raining, set timers and alarms, play music and more — all with a bit of his own personality," according to the company's official blog post. The company plans two versions of his voice — "explicit and non-explicit."

As voice competition ramps up among Amazon, Google and Apple, the push for Alexa dominated the Amazon event. The company also announced updates to its Echo Show video-enabled devices, as well as a $59 version of the Echo Dot featuring a clock and designed for bedstands. Amazon also took the wraps off new Echo units such as Studio, Glow, Flex and Bose-powered wireless earbuds called (what else?) Echo Buds. The $200 Studio is the first high-end Echo model, featuring Dolby Atmos.

There are now 100 million devices equipped with Echo speakers, which Amazon first rolled out five years ago.

Amazon at the event also plugged its collaboration with Discovery on the forthcoming subscription streaming outlet Food Network Kitchen. The $7-a-month service will debut in late October and will supplement live and on-demand video programming with ingredient and equipment delivery through Amazon and playlists optimized for Alexa.

source:
They trying to lure more n*ggas to listen to.
+4   

2 months ago '05        #18
PhrozenMenace 
space
space
Props total: 4094 4 K  Slaps total: 287 287
Nice try
+3   

2 months ago '04        #19
VictoryThagr8 
space
space
space
Props total: 5153 5 K  Slaps total: 1104 1 K
 regularjoe said
Google home was supposed to get John legend voice but it never happened
John legend voice already been release to google home. You have to go to google home on your phone under account, setting, voice and change the option to the star.
+1   

2 months ago '14        #20
titans7 
space
space
Props total: 31807 31 K  Slaps total: 5547 5 K

2 months ago '04        #21
regularjoe 
space
space
Props total: 20025 20 K  Slaps total: 4855 4 K
 VictoryThagr8 said
John legend voice already been release to google home. You have to go to google home on your phone under account, setting, voice and change the option to the star.
Didn’t know it came out. Appreciate it.

1 month ago '06        #22
DonYBE 
space
space
Props total: 8121 8 K  Slaps total: 858 858
 NcAlien said
I completely agree.

What about our cellphones though?
People don't realize that people can access and spy through cell phones easier than any other device that's created.

1 month ago '05        #23
SquirrelXss 
space
space
Props total: 3491 3 K  Slaps total: 696 696
Metasploit........

Naw I'm good. Have to start leaving my phone in the car..or make a faraday cage.

1 month ago '05        #24
freshtoodef 
space
space
Props total: 7231 7 K  Slaps total: 395 395
If he curses I would think about getting one
+1   

1 month ago '05        #25
projectd06 
space
space
Props total: 15483 15 K  Slaps total: 4438 4 K
Dudes in here acting like they are running drugs, no one listening to yall smoke weed all day.

I will be buying this with no hesitation.
+4   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+57online now  25
Video inside "South Park" Uses Randy Savage's Likeness To Mock Trans Athletes
94 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+59online now  19
Teanna Trump calls out OKC basketball player anonymously
124 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  16
LAMELO BALL and BBB just LITERALLY SHUTDOWN SYDNEY AUSTRALIA and made HIST..
55 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
-19online now  3
Michael Eric Dyson confirms Stephen A Smith was right after Stephen A clow..
137 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy