Sep 21 - bronx homeowner charged with murder for killing would be intruder

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

4 weeks ago '09        #1
1720 page views
53 comments

messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
space
space
$76,620   Props total: 138550 138550
Sep 21 - bronx homeowner charged with murder for k*lling would be intruder

visit this link https://nypost.com/2019/0 .. to-death-cops/

Troy George at his arraignment Friday night

A Bronx homeowner chased down a man he claimed was trying to break into his house – and bashed him to death with a metal pipe in the street, police said Friday.

Troy George, 54, was hit with murder, manslaughter and weapons possession charges for the Thursday night bloody attack on the alleged would-be thief, identified as 29-year-old Harold Bates, cops said.

Cops said George’s wife called 911 just before midnight, saying she heard or saw someone prowling in the couple’s backyard on East 223rd Street near Bronxwood Avenue in Wakefield.

George, a lifelong postal worker, confronted the man, who fled, according to police.

Then a pipe-wielding George pursued the man, chasing Bates up the block past several houses before he struck Bates in the head, knocking him out.

Bates, a Mount Vernon resident, was rushed to Montefiore Medical Center, but he could not be saved.

Neighbor Priscilla Ford, 53, who lives next-door to George said she was in the bathroom when she heard George’s wife shout: “Oh no, motherf—ker.”

“I came to the window right here and I seen her come out. She was on the phone saying to ‘call the police. There’s a robbery in progress.’”

Ford said George then came “and he ran this way.”

“He had a pipe in his hand. It was a long pipe,” Ford said, adding that she heard George’s wife say: “Oh my husband. He’s getting ready to k*ll him. He’s getting ready to k*ll him.”

Ford’s son, Ethan Ford, said he saw the confrontation play out from his window, which faces an alleyway between his home and George’s home where Bates had allegedly been poking around.

“There was a lot of yelling between a women and a man,” Ethan said. “All I heard was rustling and something got dropped down — something like a plant — so I guess the man went on the property.”

When Ethan looked out his window there “was a man chasing down somebody with a pipe. It was like a vacuum pipe of some sort like a metal vacuum pipe.”

One resident who lives directly in front of where Bates was fatally struck said: “I heard a loud ‘pow’ sound, then when I stepped out I saw the man lying on the street curled up. From what I saw he wasn’t moving or breathing.”

Another neighbor said the victim “was bleeding from his mouth, from his head and his jeans were all ripped.”

George was ordered held in lieu of $100,000 cash bail, or $150,000 bond, at his arraignment in Bronx Criminal Court late Friday.

Neighbors said they were stunned by the fatal bashing that left a trail of blood in the street.

“It’s crazy. I lived here for like five years. We came here for a peaceful neighborhood and now all this is happening,” said Ethan.

Priscilla added that she didn’t think George “was justified” in going after Bates, saying, “he’s not on your property no more…the man actually came out so I figured…he’s not on your property no more, you’re no longer in danger.”

She described George as “a nice neighbor” who was “quiet.”

“They didn’t mess with anybody,” Priscilla said. “I never seen him do anything bad or curse at anybody.”
+8   

best
worst
53 comments

4 weeks ago '17        #2
BLACK FIST  1 heat pts1
space
space
$6,892   Props total: 26150 26150
wife snitched him out

shudda been baggio in that yard
+14   

4 weeks ago '18        #3
LuxuriousGreen  8 heat pts8
space
space
$1,430   Props total: 4334 4334
A Bronx homeowner chased down a man
bloody attack on the alleged would-be thief
George pursued the man, chasing Bates up the block

He did it to himself
+21   

4 weeks ago '19        #4
Amarula  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
$679   Props total: 3586 3586
sudden burglary
+1   

4 weeks ago '15        #5
Black Larry  4 heat pts4
space
space
$2,258   Props total: 8563 8563
That man doing time. NY different. All these pussies gonna come in here and talk that gun talk. But you can't go off k*lling anyone (unless your the cops) and not expect some sort of time.

The fact that he chased him down. Sounds like he fcked up right there. The guy didn't even get in the house. That would've been easier to get off. Could argue the guy might've changed his mind.

I'll try to make a long story short. Know a guy who k*lled two ppl in a robbery gone wrong. He was drug dealer the guys came with guns sh*t got crazy. One of those movie type f*ghts over the gun happened and he k*lled one of the guys and then shot the other guy who was with him. I don't remember the exact amount of time he got easily over a decade tho. He got off for one of the murders because of the way it happened. But the other one he convicted for because it was labeled excessive force.
+17   

4 weeks ago '17        #6
lucifershammer  29 heat pts29
space
space
$6,571   Props total: 32585 32585
iam not a lawyer

but if i was his lawyer i think i can beat this
+2   

4 weeks ago '04        #7
PrisonRules  78 heat pts78
space
space
$29,907   Props total: 10875 10875
Zimmerman got off and his victim wasn't even a thief.

Zimmerman wasn't even held in jail after if I recall.

Maybe Florida laws different

+14   

4 weeks ago '18        #8
Ryo857 
space
space
$1,411   Props total: 2040 2040
 PrisonRules said
Zimmerman got off and his victim wasn't even a thief.

Zimmerman wasn't even held in jail after if I recall.

Maybe Florida laws different

Stand your ground in Florida but now and days because of that case they’re picking which ones they could use like the one where the old time shot dunn over the HP space old man going jail he tried using “stand your ground” but they said nope. But NYC just duke said above is different he might get manslaughter if that’s the case depending what they’re saying he may have to go with it but if he f*ghts it his lawyer may see if buddy got a record and if he does depending how bad his rap sheet is NYC court may take into consideration maybe..
+2   

4 weeks ago '15        #9
JayJedi  9 heat pts9
space
space
$905   Props total: 3597 3597
i fear this sh*t livin in NYC.. my neighbors tellin me someone’s been trying to break into their apartments and knowing me, i’d be quick to do some dumb sh*t to protect my fam

NYC needs a Stand Your Ground law so motherfu*kers think twice

You don’t want a n*gga getting away and coming back better prepared, should’ve cracked this n*gga in the back and called the police

Last edited by JayJedi; 09-21-2019 at 04:31 PM..
+9   

4 weeks ago '18        #10
Kodack sixnine  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
space
space
space
$3,515   Props total: 22659 22659
One of the few positives for people living in Trump country is that they can shoot an intruder and not think twice
+4   

4 weeks ago '16        #11
Hector 
space
space
space
$296   Props total: 1870 1870
He feared of a threat to him and his family. since he saw the burglars face and had no doubt he would return to complete the job of burglarizing his home, and harming his family to keep them from reporting him to the police
+4   

4 weeks ago '17        #12
Willy Boban  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
$9,839   Props total: 42080 42080
You know people are home at night. So dude was brazen.
+1   

4 weeks ago '04        #13
killadre  248 heat pts248
space
space
$22,661   Props total: 23038 23038
 Ryo857 said
Stand your ground in Florida but now and days because of that case they’re picking which ones they could use like the one where the old time shot dunn over the HP space old man going jail he tried using “stand your ground” but they said nope. But NYC just duke said above is different he might get manslaughter if that’s the case depending what they’re saying he may have to go with it but if he f*ghts it his lawyer may see if buddy got a record and if he does depending how bad his rap sheet is NYC court may take into consideration maybe..
I thought dude was found guilty but is still waiting t be sentenced. I don’t trust ish until the sentencing take place.

4 weeks ago '18        #14
Ryo857 
space
space
$1,411   Props total: 2040 2040
 killadre said
I thought dude was found guilty but is still waiting t be sentenced. I don’t trust ish until the sentencing take place.
Yeah the old timer was found guilty, yeah same here
+1   

4 weeks ago '08        #15
tdnupe3  20 heat pts20
space
space
$9,978   Props total: 32814 32814
 lucifershammer said
iam not a lawyer

Nah man, dude is screwed. Once the person was out of his house and no longer being aggressive, there is no longer a threat, so you can't claim self defense.

Just a guess though, because I'm not an attorney.
+7   

4 weeks ago '04        #16
PrisonRules  78 heat pts78
space
space
$29,907   Props total: 10875 10875
Only law enforcement can carry guns in new York?
+1   

4 weeks ago '11        #17
Tony Franks  7 heat pts7
space
space
$12,159   Props total: 9183 9183
of course Zimmerman did worse than this and still got off

4 weeks ago '06        #18
mrep3  43 heat pts43
space
space
$7,446   Props total: 10843 10843
 lucifershammer said
iam not a lawyer

He chased him down and k*lled him after the fact this guy is done
+4   

4 weeks ago '17        #19
space
space
 tdnupe3 said
Nah man, dude is screwed. Once the person was out of his house and no longer being aggressive, there is no longer a threat, so you can't claim self defense.

from the article this man seems to have no criminal record and is in good standing with his neighbors

I'll push the da to a jury trial if the charges are not reduced. In my opinion it's going to be hard to convict by Jury. The defense and the da don't want a jury trial but the da wants that least

I might end up with this dude on death row

4 weeks ago '17        #20
space
space
 mrep3 said
He chased him down and k*lled him after the fact this guy is done
I will play up the criminal record of the guy who got k*lled, if there is one

I'm going to bring up any instance of violence
+2   

4 weeks ago '19        #21
Amarula  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
$679   Props total: 3586 3586
 Tony Franks said
of course Zimmerman did worse than this and still got off
its a totally different state so why compare the two ???

4 weeks ago '18        #22
Sandyy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
$4,708   Props total: 18593 18593
 Kodack sixnine said
One of the few positives for people living in Trump country is that they can shoot an intruder and not think twice
But even there you cant chase someone who never made it into your house. He chased a guy who was in his yard down a whole block then smashed the back of his skull in.

You cant do that anywhere
+7   

4 weeks ago '08        #23
flav  2 heat pts2
space
space
$6,078   Props total: 9570 9570
dude at 54 successfully chased down a 29 year old? impressive level of agility for real

the wife unknowingly incriminated him though "he's gonna k*ll him, he's getting ready to k*ll him" was likely the pivotal factor here. If i'm not mistaken, it displays a semblance of intent which was likely held against him on top of the deed itself
+8   

4 weeks ago '05        #24
irish2nd 
space
space
space
$261   Props total: 44 44
Back in the late 90's, my brother woke up in the middle of the night because he heard something. He saw someone in his house laying on the floor. He grabbed his gun from the dresser and the guy started running. My brother shot at him 2-3 times while he was out if his house. He didnt hit him.

The cop who came said that he was lucky he didnt hit and/or k*ll him. He would have went to jail because even though the burgular was in his home, he was unarmed and trying to flee. This was in Louisiana.
+8   

4 weeks ago '08        #25
flav  2 heat pts2
space
space
$6,078   Props total: 9570 9570
 tdnupe3 said

i see your point, pretty much like store theft policy where the staff is forbidden from chasing down shoplifters.
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+87online now  19
Video inside Vato thought he could take 50 shots of Patron
97 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  14
That sh-t That Make Ya Soul Burn Slow; Ali's Ex Wife said Lebron "Aint No ..
40 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
-127online now  8
Article inside Gina Rodriguez gets caught saying the N-WORD, Twitter cancells her!
224 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  5
STRONG RUMOR: NFL has reportedly given the Chargers the option to relocate..
118 comments
2 days ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy