Police Shutdown an Illegal IPTV Service With 50 Million Subscribers

most viewed right now
53 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

4 weeks ago '04        #1
1971 page views
24 comments

Javon23  350 heat pts350
space
space
$53,624   Props total: 27692 27692
Police Shutdown an Illegal IPTV Service With 50 Million Subscribers

Xtream Codes IPTV System Targeted in Massive Police Operation

Police in Italy have announced a huge anti-piracy operation against the company operating popular IPTV service management system Xtream Codes. Searches are reportedly underway in several countries including Italy, the Netherlands, France and Bulgaria, in a claimed effort to dismantle the company's entire infrastructure.

Reports of legal action and law enforcement activities against IPTV services and providers are a regular occurrence but news coming out of Italy this morning is particularly interesting.

According to the Guardia di Finanza (GdF), a law enforcement agency under the authority of the Minister of Economy and Finance, a huge operation is underway to target and dismantle the software service known as Xtream Codes.

What makes the case unusual is that Xtream Codes isn’t an IPTV provider as such. Usually operating from Xtream-codes.com, the company behind the software/system offers a comprehensive package that allows people to manage their own IPTV reselling service and its customers.

The system is subscription-based, starting at around 15 euros per month and running to 59 euros per month for the powerful “all-in-one” solution.

The Guardia di Finanza say that 100 officers from its Special Unit for the Protection of Privacy and Technological Fraud (NSPFT) are taking part in the operation to take Xtream Codes down.

Early reports suggest that the system has been “seized”, allegedly preventing 700,000 users from accessing the platform. Xtream Codes itself recently reported having more than 5,000 clients servicing in excess of 50,000,000 end clients.

The Italian police unit is describing Xtream Codes as an international criminal group that’s being targeted not only in Italy but with simultaneous searches in the Netherlands, France, Germany, Greece and Bulgaria.

Xtream Codes is registered as a company in Bulgaria, has a local VAT number, and lists an address in Petrich for its offices. According to its now-disappeared website, it was founded by two students. Police say that 25 “managers” have been identified but there’s no specific mention of any arrests.

Disruption is already being reported by some IPTV sellers utilizing the Xtream Codes system. Authorities in Italy are set to provide more information on the operation this morning so we’ll update this article as more news comes in.

Update1: A video made available by the GdF in respect of the above-detailed operation is embedded below. It is likely to cause confusion due to the depiction of what appears to be a ‘pirate’ IPTV provider being taken down. (see additional update below video)

According to an announcement by EU agency Eurojust, the operation is broader than the targeting of Xtream Codes alone.

“A multi-country action day coordinated by Eurojust in The Hague led to the dismantling of an international criminal network committing massive fraud with pay-TV, which shows organized crime expanding its illegal activities to large-scale violations of audiovisual copyright,” the statement reads.

“The damage caused by the criminal gang amounts to approximately €6.5 million, jeopardizing the existence of many legal providers of pay-TV on the market. More than 200 servers were taken offline in Germany, France and the Netherlands, and over 150 PayPal accounts of the criminals were blocked.”

Zougla.gr has obtained a chart with details of the people and infrastructure targeted

Source: visit this link https://torrentfreak.com/ .. ice-operation/
+2   

best
worst
24 comments

4 weeks ago '04        #2
JJH35  19 heat pts19
space
space
$2,411   Props total: 1770 1770
Biggest annoyance with this is that XC based setups were by far the easiest, simplest, and fastest way to brute.

Even though some services using it for now, still seem at a glance to no change. There is no doubt, they will have to start migrating to a different backend software :(
+2   

4 weeks ago '04        #3
JJH35  19 heat pts19
space
space
Also for those that use any variety of IPTV services, you're talking probably 95% or more providers used that panel as the backend software.

Some services might seem unaffected and still be running...for now. As the software licensing for it isn't a daily check in to verify validity. It runs unaffected until the license expires, or the server running it needs to reboot and realizes it can't check in (ie: communicate) to the license server.

I also believe providers/resellers part of services running off XC software won't be able to add new users, much less manage current ones.

They're gonna have to get on the ball and start migrating to something different because things will return to norm.

Last edited by JJH35; 09-18-2019 at 05:50 PM..
+3   

4 weeks ago '06        #4
~ KiLLa KaZi ~ 
space
space
space
$5,623   Props total: 3487 3487
Hope that shell make it through

4 weeks ago '04        #5
Javon23  350 heat pts350 OP
space
space
 JJH35 said
Also for those that use any variety of IPTV services, you're talking probably 95% or more providers used that panel as the backend software.

Some services might seem unaffected and still be running...for now. As the software licensing for it isn't a daily check in to verify validity. It runs unaffected until the license expires, or the server running it needs to reboot and realizes it can't check in (ie: communicate) to the license server.

I also believe providers/resellers part of services running off XC software won't be able to add new users, much less manage current ones.

They're gonna have to get on the ball and start migrating to something different because things will return to norm.
Yeh its pretty much been a sh*t show today
I use 3 different providers and watch a 4th.
Pretty much everyone is effected. 1 of my 3 is completely shut down.
All providers are pretty much locked out their accounts like a car with no keys stuck on cruise control. When the gas runs out its a wrap.
+1   

4 weeks ago '04        #6
biggsteel  30 heat pts30
space
space
$2,295   Props total: 1005 1005

4 weeks ago '04        #7
Javon23  350 heat pts350 OP
space
space

4 weeks ago '05        #8
Y.G.  27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$44,491   Props total: 21914 21914
*Me reading the article while knowing
[spoiler - click to view]

doesn't use Xtream*

4 weeks ago '04        #9
Tastemaker331  93 heat pts93
space
space
$43,619   Props total: 26808 26808
Does that GEAR TV guy have anything to do with this?

4 weeks ago '04        #10
TBX  32 heat pts32
space
space
$3,349   Props total: 1349 1349
They will all need to find something equal or better then migrate, and fast cause they only have a month tops. Providers have their own backups they can restore user data from, but the software is dead now. I heard some say they might use old versions of it they can host themselves
+1   

4 weeks ago '05        #11
kurtd225  31 heat pts31
space
space
$8,947   Props total: 846 846
man what do yall use for back up

4 weeks ago '05        #12
kurtd225  31 heat pts31
space
space
$8,947   Props total: 846 846
my streamsfor us is down

4 weeks ago '09        #13
ShadyVsEminem  254 heat pts254
space
space
$23,483   Props total: 10207 10207
Hopefully they find a workaround, most uk channels are down my service has a lot of the US ones still which is fine because i mainly use it for sport

4 weeks ago '05        #14
cbsepts  1 heat pts1
space
space
$1,732   Props total: 3328 3328
stop watching so much tv....

pick up a book...get a hobby
+3   

4 weeks ago '04        #15
JJH35  19 heat pts19
space
space
 TBX said
They will all need to find something equal or better then migrate, and fast cause they only have a month tops. Providers have their own backups they can restore user data from, but the software is dead now. I heard some say they might use old versions of it they can host themselves
There's multiple other options out there. Watching some of their discords, it ain't even been a week and providers have people whining daily.

Only the lazy or panicky ones are gonna be switching the nulled (cracked) version of XC. Might be relatively easy at the start, but the development of features that more folks want aren't gonna be possible using an old outdated sh*t.

4 weeks ago '04        #16
TBX  32 heat pts32
space
space
 JJH35 said
There's multiple other options out there. Watching some of their discords, it ain't even been a week and providers have people whining daily.

Only the lazy or panicky ones are gonna be switching the nulled (cracked) version of XC. Might be relatively easy at the start, but the development of features that more folks want aren't gonna be possible using an old outdated sh*t.
Agreed. Also some of the problem is providers aren't alerting members or providing enough information. Ppl signing up or trying to renew and wondering whats up. Things will go back to normal eventually but there will be some sort of shift in some way
+1   

4 weeks ago '04        #17
JJH35  19 heat pts19
space
space
 TBX said
Agreed. Also some of the problem is providers aren't alerting members or providing enough information. Ppl signing up or trying to renew and wondering whats up. Things will go back to normal eventually but there will be some sort of shift in some way
Some providers are just lazy and don't want to be transparent. Much less when there is a descent % of their customers that don't even know what they are paying for is illegal. So they don't want to say, umm yeah the software we were using to run this service was raided by the Law.

Seems like it would be easy enough to just lie, say "We had a major server outage, we are working to correct this issue. As of right now we are unable to add, renew, edit your current subscription. Please bare with us, you will be credited back any downtime".

But the folks that use IPTV as their daily driver, meaning no cable, YoutubeTV, PSVue, etc...are too impatient regardless of what you tell them.
+2   

4 weeks ago '07        #18
Kinglew88  14 heat pts14
space
space
$14,302   Props total: 2787 2787
Is this why my NitroTV ain’t working?

4 weeks ago '12        #19
OskarDaHippie  11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,200   Props total: 4124 4124
 Kinglew88 said
It seems like 99% of iptvs are down.
[spoiler - click to view]

4 weeks ago '19        #20
Rob620 
space
space
$2   Props total: 3 3
Yep the community is feeling it. However there are a few that wasn't using XC that still is working and able to sign people up.

3 weeks ago '04        #21
TBX  32 heat pts32
space
space
 JJH35 said
Some providers are just lazy and don't want to be transparent. Much less when there is a descent % of their customers that don't even know what they are paying for is illegal. So they don't want to say, umm yeah the software we were using to run this service was raided by the Law.

Seems like it would be easy enough to just lie, say "We had a major server outage, we are working to correct this issue. As of right now we are unable to add, renew, edit your current subscription. Please bare with us, you will be credited back any downtime".

But the folks that use IPTV as their daily driver, meaning no cable, YoutubeTV, PSVue, etc...are too impatient regardless of what you tell them.
I know what you mean all these FB and Telegram groups filled with the most cringe worthy ppl, drives me nuts lol. Looks like services are coming back up now, actually quicker than I expected considering everything

Kinglew88 said
It’s back. Looks like many other services are too now
+1   

3 weeks ago '04        #22
SubConscious  54 heat pts54
space
space
$20,331   Props total: 100386 100386

3 weeks ago '12        #23
gunshot225  1 heat pts1
space
space
$6,824   Props total: 7752 7752
The quickest way I've found is to go on YouTube and just type "iptv". Look for review videos in the last 2 days.

3 weeks ago '07        #24
Kinglew88  14 heat pts14
space
space
$14,302   Props total: 2787 2787
 TBX said
I know what you mean all these FB and Telegram groups filled with the most cringe worthy ppl, drives me nuts lol. Looks like services are coming back up now, actually quicker than I expected considering everything

It’s back. Looks like many other services are too now
Yep and working better than it did before.

It was buffering like crazy before.

3 weeks ago '04        #25
JJH35  19 heat pts19
space
space
 Kinglew88 said
Yep and working better than it did before.

It was buffering like crazy before.
Changing a panel wouldn't really make a difference in buffering issues. But I guess there are some things from the recent chaos that would make it run better for a temporary period.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+69online now  41
Video inside Vato thought he could take 50 shots of Patron
83 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+47online now  35
Image(s) inside Oct 14 - female columbian drug cartel assassin - i love to kill people
124 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  31
STRONG RUMOR: NFL has reportedly given the Chargers the option to relocate..
113 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
-115online now  8
Article inside Gina Rodriguez gets caught saying the N-WORD, Twitter cancells her!
198 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy