The Game owes his entire career to Kanye West

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

1 month ago '19        #1
1914 page views
45 comments

Mike Mann  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
$930   Props total: 5578 5578
The Game owes his entire career to Kanye West

Two A&R’s at Aftermath, Angelo Sanders & Mike Lynn, both blatantly state that “Dreams” is what got The Game signed, what kickstarted his career. They outright say that if Game never played them that song, Dre would’ve never signed him. Neither them or Dre was interested in him before it. “Dreams” is so significant to his career and that album that they even said every song he did before it got scrapped, and that they made his entire album from the inspo from that one song. Technically this n*gga owes Kanye his entire career.

Last edited by Mike Mann; 09-15-2019 at 12:29 AM..

best
worst
45 comments

1 month ago '19        #2
Mike Mann  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1 OP
space
space
space
From a documentary about The Game’s ‘The Documentary’ album— Read the excerpt here:

"DREAMS"

Produced by: Kanye West

Game: I first met Kanye at this big a*s party Nelly had at Niketown. After the party was over—because I was like the freestyle king around this motherfu*ker—they was like, ‘There’s this n*gga named Kanye West. He wants to spit against you.’ I had heard of Kanye, but I didn’t know he was a rapper, I thought he only produced. So we went over to the parking structure, and here comes this kid in his tight jeans, this fu*king Nike hoodie, and these Air Maxs, and I’m like, "This is the dude? Right here?"

So we start fu*king freestyling...when I say that if I ever lost a freestyle battle, that’s the one I lost. Because Kanye got in my a*s, bi*ches was laughing, and sh*t was fu*ked up. But then we freestyled again one day on Melrose and I kind of had my sh*t ready for him that time. Me and Kanye we go back a long way. Anything happen to that dude, I’m breaking somebody’s face open.

So Kanye called me and he was like, "Yo, you’re not going to believe this sh*t Game. I’ve got this crazy sample. It’s called Dreams." And he started talking about "Dreams," and he was talking about all these dreams that he had in his life. He sent it to me. Then he came out to LA, we got in, and I went in on the verses.

I wrote one verse, and everybody thought it was so crazy that they pressured me to finish it. But I couldn’t finish it, because there was things that I wanted to say that just wasn’t coming to me. I had writer’s block for like two months. Then one day, I don’t remember what the fu*k happened, but something sparked me to go sit on the couch and put that sh*t in this old a*s CD player. I played that sh*t for like four hours and then the words started coming to me. ‘Dreams’ was one of the first songs I ever recorded on Aftermath.

Mike Lynn: One day, Game stepped to us saying he was tired of sitting around and he was ready to put his album out. So we said, "Alright, play us the record." So he played us the album and we were like, "Man, we’re not putting this out." The version of the album that came out in stores; the only song that was on that album that existed when Game said he were ready to put an album out was "Dreams." Every song [on The Documentary was recorded] after "Dreams."

After I played "Dreams" for Dre, then Dre finally realized, "Okay, we can get an album out of him." We recorded maybe 30 songs before that, but that was the first song that made us feel like he was ready to do an album. Before that song, it was just a bunch of mixtape songs in our eyes. That record inspired Dre to get into the studio and start working with him. Dre hadn’t worked with him before that.”

Angelo Sanders: You gotta get Dre excited. He works to perfection so you can’t come to him with no bullsh*t. You can’t play album cuts for Dre. He wants to hear the best records you got and then the album cuts, "Okay, this is really personal to you we’ll find a place on that album to make this fit, but first let me hear the records."

When he heard "Dreams" he was like, "Wow, we got something with that." That got the real fire behind it. He started playing it for Jimmy Iovine, 50, and everybody was like, "Wow, you got something." When you got Em and 50 and Snoop coming in for songs, it’s hard to get on the radar when you’re trying to come out [on Aftermath]. You’ve seen so many artists on Aftermath never come out because they weren’t able to get through that threshold of, "This is what it needs to be to come out with that Aftermath stamp.”

Mike Lynn: Shortly after that we realized, "Okay, we’re getting strong records, but you know we need to get some singles." At that time, 50 was on fire, so we were like, "Why not bring in 50 to help him with these singles?" Game never had anything to do with that. He never came to us about it. That was Dre, myself, and Jimmy Iovine’s decision. Once we agreed to put him with 50, that’s when the "This Is How We Do It," and the 50 songs came about. That’s when it all started taking off from that point.

Last edited by Mike Mann; 09-14-2019 at 12:48 PM..
+2   

1 month ago '19        #3
space
space
space

Last edited by Mike Mann; 09-14-2019 at 12:48 PM..

1 month ago '18        #4
EastAfrican  58 heat pts58
space
space
$1,678   Props total: 9995 9995
Every artist owes another artist his career tho.
Whats the point with this thread?

Good read tho, propz
+13   

1 month ago '19        #5
space
space
space
 EastAfrican said
Every artist owes another artist his career tho.
Whats the point with this thread?

Good read tho, propz
The point is that nobody suspects that The Game owes Kanye West his career, you’d think it’d be 50 or Dre or someone like that. This was an interesting revelation to me.

Edit: I hate The Game corny a*s btw lol
+4   

1 month ago '18        #6
space
space
 Mike Mann said
The point is that nobody suspects that The Game owes Kanye West his career, you’d think it’d be 50 or Dre or someone like that. This was an interesting revelation to me.

Yeah i dont think i heard the Kanye part back then either. It was always "Dre didnt know what to do wit him, then 50 came n took him under his wing, gave him them songs he was already workin' on with hooks n everythin', And game added his verses to them"... The rest is history... somethin like that.
+9   

1 month ago '19        #7
space
space
space
He also gave him his other biggest hit of his career.

1 month ago '19        #8
space
space
space
 EastAfrican said
Yeah i dont think i heard the Kanye part back then either. It was always "Dre didnt know what to do wit him, then 50 came n took him under his wing, gave him them songs he was already workin' on with hooks n everythin', And game added his verses to them"... The rest is history... somethin like that.
Game is just a “in the right place at the right time” n*gga. His entire career is a stage play. n*gga literally went from wearing g string thongs working the pole to being a thugged out gangsta rapper in a year span.

Last edited by Mike Mann; 09-14-2019 at 12:57 PM..
+3   

1 month ago '14        #9
Lurker  212 heat pts212
space
space
$18,972   Props total: 46100 46100

+3   

1 month ago '19        #10
space
space
space
Whats crazy is that the hits that Kanye gave to The Game, he could’ve literally given to anyone, and they would’ve still been hits. It’s the production that guaranteed them hits, he could’ve literally gave them to anyone.
+5   

1 month ago '19        #11
space
space
space
20 years into The Game’s career, we find out that Kanye West is responsible for it, y’all don’t think that’s heavy?

1 month ago '19        #12
space
space
space
Someone needs to bring this to KTT, they banned me from that f*g site, but this is really significant news. These n*ggas blatantly state that if it weren’t for that song, they would’ve never even given him a chance.

1 month ago '05        #13
blah blah blah  135 heat pts135
space
space
space
$36,507   Props total: 55856 55856
he owes 50 who owes em who owes dre who owes eazy, cube and suge
+2   

1 month ago '19        #14
space
space
space
 blah blah blah said
he owes 50 who owes em who owes dre who owes eazy, cube and suge
n*ggas keep saying he owes 50, when both A&R’s at Aftermath blatantly state that he owes Kanye lol

1 month ago '13        #15
J Thrilla  3 heat pts3
space
space
$5,788   Props total: 18243 18243
 Mike Mann said
He also gave him his other biggest hit of his career.

This is his biggest hit?

1 month ago '05        #16
blah blah blah  135 heat pts135
space
space
space
$36,507   Props total: 55856 55856
 Mike Mann said
n*ggas keep saying he owes 50, when both A&Rís at Aftermath blatantly state that he owes Kanye lol
he wouldn't have blown without the g unit backing the 50 influenced "documentary"

game is a pretty generic rapper
+3   

1 month ago '19        #17
space
space
space
 blah blah blah said
he wouldn't have blown without the g unit backing the 50 influenced "documentary"

game is a pretty generic rapper
One of the most surface level rappers ever. All of his hits is 95% because of the production. He did float on Hate It or Love It and How We Do, but who wouldn’t? With that production and hooks given to them.
+1   

1 month ago '19        #18
space
space
space
 J Thrilla said
This is his biggest hit?
Definitely one of his biggest hits, why tf are you laughing? Idk where it charted then, but if dropped in this day in age, it wouldíve shot to the top 10.

This is one of his most notable songs.

1 month ago '15        #19
g0dfather  3 heat pts3
space
space
$5,457   Props total: 11697 11697
50 really put homie on and introduced him to the world by giving him an his album nor ye or dre
+2   

1 month ago '17        #20
vcsas1  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
$117   Props total: 744 744
Man been in the thread for an hour talkin to himself ...lmfao

You good breh?
+3   

1 month ago '19        #21
MP2019 
space
space
space
$101   Props total: 206 206
Everyone knows it comes down to one man, and that’s 50 - hate it or love it the games career exists because of 50. Point blank period. You can’t trust that interview for sh*t, every other person was damn near lying about something smh
+1   

1 month ago '18        #22
space
space
 g0dfather said
50 really put homie on and introduced him to the world by giving him an his album nor ye or dre
Game woulda been another Bishop Lamont now
+4   

1 month ago '19        #23
space
space
space
 MP2019 said
Everyone knows it comes down to one man, and thatís 50 - hate it or love it the games career exists because of 50. Point blank period. You canít trust that interview for sh*t, every other person was damn near lying about something smh
The only person who was lying was The Game lol

1 month ago '17        #24
PROV  281 heat pts281
space
space
$18,967   Props total: 54219 54219
 Mike Mann said
The point is that nobody suspects that The Game owes Kanye West his career, youíd think itíd be 50 or Dre or someone like that. This was an interesting revelation to me.

Why should I care, if you clearly don't?

Lol

1 month ago '19        #25
space
space
space
 PROV said
Why should I care, if you clearly don't?

Lol
n*gga youíre the one who came in here talking stupid lol I donít care either, just an interesting revelation to me.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+65online now  61
Oct 17 - El Chapo's Son was caught but released after cartel made a murder spr..
404 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+27online now  31
top 5 indica strains
105 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  25
Image(s) inside Oct 17 - Meet a Mexican cartelís killer clowns