IPhone Xs vs Galaxy s10

most viewed right now
96 comments @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

1 month ago '06        #1
821 page views
18 comments

Hit Em' Up  65 heat pts65
space
space
space
$6,379   Props total: 5112 5112
IPhone Xs vs Galaxy s10

Trying to help someone decide. Their last 2 phones have been iPhones, I abandoned Apple year ago so can't really say much about them. Anyone with experience on both, give your opinion.

Apple
Pros: iMessage/facetime(can be a huge factor for some people like bbm was) , simple ui, usually have the best build quality from what I've seen

Cons: UI seems the same since I had my iPhone 5..no major redesigned, no direct headphone jack, no expandable memory

Galaxy s10
Pros: better screen, headphone jack, ui customizable, split screen, dark mode, micro SD cards, better performance (based on some tests I've watch in youtube)

Cons: usually preloaded with software you don't need or want, looses resale value quicker

Last edited by Hit Em' Up; 09-12-2019 at 07:03 PM..
+2   

best
worst
18 comments

1 month ago '17        #2
Cant Read Sh1t  11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,833   Props total: 16406 16406
is this person a woman and technologically challenged? if so, get the iPhone

if no, the go with the galaxy
+8   

1 month ago '04        #3
NBA Brawler  123 heat pts123
space
space
$18,680   Props total: 4312 4312
 Hit Em' Up said
Trying to help someone decide. Their last 2 phones have been iPhones, I abandoned Apple year ago so can't really say much about them. Anyone with experience on both, give your opinion.

Apple
Pros: iMessage/facetime(can be a huge factor for some people like bbm was) , simple ui, usually have the best build quality from what I've seen

Cons: UI seems the same since I had my iPhone 5..no major redesigned, no direct headphone jack, no expandable memory

Galaxy s10
Pros: better camara/screen, headphone jack, ui customizable, split screen, dark mode, micro SD cards, better performance (based on some tests I've watch in youtube)

Cons: usually preloaded with software you don't need or want, looses resale value quicker
What are their needs for the phone? That plays an important part.

1 month ago '04        #4
mr_underground|m  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
$25,171   Props total: 41729 41729
no android has a better camera system than apple. they might slightly edge it out in some areas but as a system its nowhere close. apple is the standard.

but to answer your question it depends on use case an prefered eco-system. both phones make calls, do messaging, check email, and can browse the internet so it doesn't matter.

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '17        #5
Mr Scaramucci  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
space
space
$6,254   Props total: 71214 71214
iPhone
+1   

1 month ago '06        #6
Hit Em' Up  65 heat pts65 OP
space
space
space
 NBA Brawler said
What are their needs for the phone? That plays an important part.
Their needs for a phone are the basics. Pictures, messaging, internet, social media, phone calls, candy crush, etc

1 month ago '06        #7
space
space
space
 mr_underground said
no android has a better camera system than apple. they might slightly edge it out in some areas but as a system its nowhere close. apple is the standard.

but to answer your question it depends on use case an prefered eco-system. both phones make calls, do messaging, check email, and can browse the internet so it doesn't matter.
I just did more research on it and found that in comparisons, iPhone XS did edge out s10 but saying "nowhere close" is a gross exaggeration. And the s10 did beat it with features and a 3rd camara for wider angles so based on what I've read, I'll take out camara from either side because I don't see it being a deciding factor

1 month ago '06        #8
space
space
space
 Cant Read sh*t said
is this person a woman and technologically challenged? if so, get the iPhone

if no, the go with the galaxy
Woman yes, technical ability probably average. Oddly enough I think this post actually pushed me into the iPhone direction for her LOL

1 month ago '04        #9
space
space
 Hit Em' Up said
I just did more research on it and found that in comparisons, iPhone XS did edge out s10 but saying "nowhere close" is a gross exaggeration. And the s10 did beat it with features and a 3rd camara for wider angles so based on what I've read, I'll take out camara from either side because I don't see it being a deciding factor
as a complete and usable system its nowhere close. using the phone to create content android can't compete. its not just about the default camera its the apps that use the camera as well.

for the general user they would barely be able to tell the difference between default cameras, but if they're into photography or video production iphone is the only choice.

1 month ago '06        #10
space
space
space
 mr_underground said
as a complete and usable system its nowhere close. using the phone to create content android can't compete. its not just about the default camera its the apps that use the camera as well.

for the general user they would barely be able to tell the difference between default cameras, but if they're into photography or video production iphone is the only choice.
Most comparison videos/articles you see online cant really point out a significant difference either. If its something 90% of people wouldn't be able to notice, it's not a significant selling point for a phone.

Honestly, if you're really into photography, you wouldn't be using a smartphone anyway. Everyone I know that does it as a hobby/living uses an actual professional camera and not a smartphone. Imagine going to a wedding and the paid photographer is using an iphone to take the pics
+7   

1 month ago '07        #11
iswerve  217 heat pts217
space
space
$7,513   Props total: 15399 15399
 Hit Em' Up said
Their needs for a phone are the basics. Pictures, messaging, internet, social media, phone calls, candy crush, etc
candy crush???

get that braud an iphone b
+1   

1 month ago '06        #12
space
space
space
 iswerve said
candy crush???

get that braud an iphone b
Lol, yea she's getting the XS. Makes no sense for her to switch to a UI she doesn't know plus iPhone ppl really like imessage.. I did too until I started liking Whatsapp better.

1 month ago '11        #13
KingP1n  351 heat pts351
space
space
$8,475   Props total: 5347 5347
Cop the iPhone and call it a day.

4 weeks ago '17        #14
WHATEVERMAN 
space
space
$1,024   Props total: 3502 3502
 mr_underground said

If they're "into" video production and photography, why would they be shooting on a smartphone at all?

4 weeks ago '17        #15
WHATEVERMAN 
space
space
$1,024   Props total: 3502 3502
 Hit Em' Up said
Most comparison videos/articles you see online cant really point out a significant difference either. If its something 90% of people wouldn't be able to notice, it's not a significant selling point for a phone.

Honestly, if you're really into photography, you wouldn't be using a smartphone anyway. Everyone I know that does it as a hobby/living uses an actual professional camera and not a smartphone. Imagine going to a wedding and the paid photographer is using an iphone to take the pics
Exactly what I'm saying. If you're shooting on a smartphone, you're not serious about either.

4 weeks ago '06        #16
space
space
space
 KingP1n said
Cop the iPhone and call it a day.
Man...im an galaxy fan....but I cant even lie. The iPhone x is nice. the way you use the home button swipe and navigating between apps works so smooth and seamless I was impressed. Had some pretty cool features too. Love that as soon as i put her sim card into the new iphone, it immediately did a backup of the old one to the cloud and restored EVERYTHING back to the new one with just the touch of a button.

I have a new found respect for apple. Would I switch to them? No, I still think their basic boring dated interface with lack of customization is a big factor. The galaxy is packed with great festured and I love dedicated back button as well. And as for now I still love my headphone jack and expandable memory so hopefully Samsung doesnt fu*k this up in the future.

4 weeks ago '04        #17
space
space
 WHATEVERMAN said
If they're "into" video production and photography, why would they be shooting on a smartphone at all?
The best camera is the one you have on you. If the situation such as small business commercial for social media only needs high quality video or pics. Why lug around tons of gear? A local cupcake shop with no social media presence would benefit from iPhone shot video and pics. They’re certainly good enough show the product and store. All you need is skill in filmmaking and photography. If this was a Nike commercial for the Super Bowl then the phone wouldn’t be my first choice. But it’s more than enough for a pizza shop.

4 weeks ago '06        #18
space
space
space
 mr_underground said
The best camera is the one you have on you. If the situation such as small business commercial for social media only needs high quality video or pics. Why lug around tons of gear? A local cupcake shop with no social media presence would benefit from iPhone shot video and pics. They’re certainly good enough show the product and store. All you need is skill in filmmaking and photography. If this was a Nike commercial for the Super Bowl then the phone wouldn’t be my first choice. But it’s more than enough for a pizza shop.
Lol even if i owned some small a*s cupcake shop and I hired someone to take professional pics for my website...if they showed up with an iphone, id show them the door. I think you're too caught up in this argument...it's not going to be a selling point for most people because both phones have great cameras but still nothing that will compare to a real camera.

4 weeks ago '17        #19
Nosbig  1 heat pts1
space
space
$1,017   Props total: 1473 1473
 Hit Em' Up said
Lol even if i owned some small a*s cupcake shop and I hired someone to take professional pics for my website...if they showed up with an iphone, id show them the door. I think you're too caught up in this argument...it's not going to be a selling point for most people because both phones have great cameras but still nothing that will compare to a real camera.
Yeah could you imagine booking a photographer for your own small business and he whips an iphone. I could have just gave the guy in line a free pizza to take a picture

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  38
Image(s) inside Oct 17 - Meet a Mexican cartel’s killer clowns
71 comments
18 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  19
Video inside Apple Head Gina has her own talk show
34 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
-52online now  19
Image(s) inside What did the Egyptian slaves use to build this
316 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  13
Video inside PS5 Backwards Compatibility (not what you think) Shraggy!?!
38 comments
2 days ago
@games
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy