Sep 11 - NC Republicans vote on budget while Democrats were at a 9/11 memorial

most viewed right now
145 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news /page 2

2 weeks ago '04        #1
84 page views
5 comments

Mr AirRic  11 heat pts11
space
space
$7,976 | Props total: 5552 5552
Sep 11 - NC Republicans vote on budget while Democrats were at a 9/11 memorial

While North Carolina Democrats were remembering the lives lost on Sept. 11, 2001, their Republican colleagues took advantage of their absence and voted to override the governor’s budget veto Wednesday morning.

North Carolina House Republicans called for a “surprise vote” while Gov. Roy Cooper (D) and many House members were attending a 9/11 memorial event, Cooper said at a news conference.

“Today, on the 18th anniversary of 9/11, while the state was honoring first responders, Republicans called a deceptive surprise override of my budget veto,” Cooper said. “Unfortunately, it's the people of North Carolina who lose.”

House Democratic leader Darren Jackson told reporters that he told his caucus members they didn’t need to be in attendance, and that state Rep. David Lewis (R) gave Jackson his word that there would be no votes, according to the News and Observer. Jackson said he wants Lewis, who is chairman of the Rules, Calendar and Operations Committee, to recall the veto before it reaches the Senate.

At 8:30 a.m., Democrats were told no votes would take place Wednesday, according to the News and Observer — something Republican House Speaker Tim Moore denies. After most of the Democrats left to attend the memorial event shortly before 9 a.m., according to the News & Observer, Rep. Jason Saine (R) made the motion to review the budget. According to the newspaper, Moore dismissed objections from the Democrats present.

North Carolina Republicans vote to override a budget veto while Democrats were at a 9/11 ceremony
+1   

best
worst
5 comments

2 weeks ago '04        #2
Mr AirRic  11 heat pts11 OP
space
space
Please tell me more about how it was democrats disrespecting 9/11 victims...

2 weeks ago '12        #3
Gramz  989 heat pts989
space
space
$23,396 | Props total: 30445 30445
Hypocritical scumbags
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #4
space
space
why'd this get moved?

2 weeks ago '04        #5
space
space
@

Something fishy is going on with your news section mods. Real news is getting pushed to other, less viewed sections if they look bad for certain political parties, while tabloid non-news stays in the main news section. This is one of several instances I've seen today.

using bias to show which news shows and which doesn't is not a good look after everything's that's happened over the last few years with other forums. Been here since 2002, so I'm use to rules,etc, but haven't seen anything like this yet

Last edited by Mr AirRic; 09-11-2019 at 03:53 PM..
+1   

2 weeks ago '07        #6
stogz  20 heat pts20
space
space
$49,015 | Props total: 66057 66057
Typical behavior

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+18online now  53
Sep 21 - el chapo is being tortured in colorado super max prison
116 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  48
Image(s) inside First Look At Angelina Jolie As Thena On The Set Of THE ETERNALS
20 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+18online now  36
Video inside Nigerian scam master class leaked!!!!!
16 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  12
Video inside Sep 21 - Joe Biden - Male convicts that identify as female will be hous..
47 comments
19 hours ago
@news
register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy