Sep 10 - Hasan Minhaj testifies to Congress about student loans and NAILS IT

most viewed right now
28 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news /page 2

1 week ago '04        #1
2641 page views
100 comments

Kliq  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
$13,509 | Props total: 53932 53932
Sep 10 - Hasan Minhaj testifies to Congress about student loans and NAILS IT

My man spit nothing but hot fire Objective facts image

There is absolutely no way you can disagree with his statements

This isnít about left or right, black or white, male or female

This is about YOU and ME, the 44 million Americans straddled with student debt trying to be responsible members of societies

Applaud this man image
+41   

best
worst
100 comments

1 week ago '04        #2
Kliq  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3 OP
space
space

+27   

1 week ago '17        #3
Tom Herman  391 heat pts391
space
space
$14,462 | Props total: 50113 50113
"Why can't we treat our student borrowers the way we treat our banks?"

Because bailouts don't work and only further erode the system. Student loans are an issue. A big one. And it isn't just "students need to pay for the loans they take out". But a bailout doesn't solve sh*t

1 week ago '05        #4
P-Hill|M  28 heat pts28
space
space
$40,326 | Props total: 20078 20078
 Kliq said
he k*lled that sh*t... but i LOLed at the end
+11   

1 week ago '10        #5
Sk8bamboo  48 heat pts48
space
space
$1,603 | Props total: 1536 1536
to bad they know this and just don't care .....merikka is a joke and this government is so ridiculous that what we're hearing and seeing from it had GOT to be scripted
+23   

1 week ago '04        #6
datboy|e  19 heat pts19
space
space
$4,298 | Props total: 7062 7062
 Kliq said

My man spit nothing but hot fire Objective facts

There is absolutely no way you can disagree with his statements

This isnít about left or right, black or white, male or female

This is about YOU and ME, the 44 million Americans straddled with student debt trying to be responsible members of societies

Applaud this man

Hold it right here irresponsible fu*ker.Iím not saddled with huge amounts of student debt, because I am a responsible member of society. I didnít take out huge sums of loans with intention I couldnít pay them back. fu*k your student loans!

1 week ago '04        #7
space
space
 datboy|e said
Hold it right here irresponsible fu*ker.I’m not saddled with huge amounts of student debt, because I am a responsible member of society. I didn’t take out huge sums of loans with intention I couldn’t pay them back. fu*k your student loans!
irresponsible fu*ker?

first off, i paid my student loans back, but at the same time I was fortunate to get an athletic scholarship and have the rest paid for by pell grants, which means I was able to get through college via the help of my fellow tax payers.

we live in a "pay it forward" society. just like the generations before us that paid taxes which led to roads that you use to get to your fast food job everyday (and the public transportation infrastructure that you deeply depend on), schools that you probably dropped out of a little too early, parks that you probably use as your personal landfill, general space and science spending which contributed to the devices and technology you're using to make these unintelligent posts - just to name a few.

we're taxed highly for a reason, Americans pay some of the highest taxes in the world. It's to benefit us in the present but also the future.

44 million Americans being relieved of student debt helps the local mom and pop shop, it helps the realtors, it helps to keep local communities growing through marriage and children, it helps with the formation of new businesses, helps the airlines due to more traveling, the car manufacturers, the tech companies. It's hundreds of dollars per month put back into the pocket of people who are more like you than not.

i'm not going to sit here and fault 18 year old "children" (because that's basically what they are) for taking out predatory student loans with a fake promise of a stable job market. If we turn our back on our middle class then we are turning our back on America.
+42   

1 week ago '04        #8
space
space
I know a lot of y’all didn’t go to college .... but don’t sleep
+9   

1 week ago '16        #9
postemupndunkit  7 heat pts7
space
space
$8,294 | Props total: 28955 28955
This country is over fam

Us is done and y’all watching re runs of byzantines right now
+16   

1 week ago '16        #10
Aztlan  142 heat pts142
space
space
$15,447 | Props total: 42837 42837
 Tom Herman said

Because bailouts don't work and only further erode the system. Student loans are an issue. A big one. And it isn't just "students need to pay for the loans they take out". But a bailout doesn't solve sh*t
But the banks recovered did they not? Aren't they posting record profits or some sh*t now?

A bailout doesn't solve this issue, but it will give the economy a much-needed jolt, while helping millions of Americans improve their lives.

Education reform is obviously needed as well.
+16   

1 week ago '16        #11
Proveone 
space
space
space
$2,672 | Props total: 6585 6585

PREACH!!!!
+3   

1 week ago '17        #12
Tom Herman  391 heat pts391
space
space
$14,462 | Props total: 50113 50113
 Aztlan said
But the banks recovered did they not? Aren't they posting record profits or some sh*t now?

A bailout doesn't solve this issue, but it will give the economy a much-needed jolt, while helping millions of Americans improve their lives.

Education reform is obviously needed as well.
Of course the banks recovered. The economy didnt after the bailouts and the american public suffered.

Bailing out borrowers won't solve the loan problem. In fact, it will only encourage more bad lending and a future bailout will occur. It also doesn't teach young people how to manage debt and rewards bad behavior.

7 days ago '16        #13
Aztlan  142 heat pts142
space
space
$15,447 | Props total: 42837 42837
 Tom Herman said
Of course the banks recovered. The economy didnt after the bailouts and the american public suffered.

Bailing out borrowers won't solve the loan problem. In fact, it will only encourage more bad lending and a future bailout will occur. It also doesn't teach young people how to manage debt and rewards bad behavior.
The future is tuition-free school, student loans won't be necessary.

Grown people don't know how to handle debt either, neither does our president I'm not worried about that, especially when we're essentially forcing people to get a college education if they want to enter the professional ranks. You're not behaving badly by going to an overpriced school and then struggling to make your payments with an entry level position.

But if that's such a concern, just throw some language in the reform bill about requiring a money management course in high school or some sh*t.

But letting millions of Americans continue to drown in debt just so that we can say we didn't reward their bad behavior, seems like the wrong hill to die on.
+14   

7 days ago '15        #14
414mvp 
space
space
$2,465 | Props total: 3465 3465
 datboy|e said
Hold it right here irresponsible fu*ker.Iím not saddled with huge amounts of student debt, because I am a responsible member of society. I didnít take out huge sums of loans with intention I couldnít pay them back. fu*k your student loans!

7 days ago '16        #15
NEWYORKTlMES  59 heat pts59
space
space
$3,396 | Props total: 12138 12138
 Aztlan said
The future is tuition-free school, student loans won't be necessary.

Grown people don't know how to handle debt either, neither does our president I'm not worried about that, especially when we're essentially forcing people to get a college education if they want to enter the professional ranks. You're not behaving badly by going to an overpriced school and then struggling to make your payments with an entry level position.

But if that's such a concern, just throw some language in the reform bill about requiring a money management course in high school or some sh*t.

But letting millions of Americans continue to drown in debt just so that we can say we didn't reward their bad behavior, seems like the wrong hill to die on.
They wonít let us drink at 18 but theyíll let u take out 100k in student loans at 8% interest

Add on top of that the school system filled the heads of an entire generation with college propaganda for their whole childhood
+10   

Top 10 most propped recently  7 days ago '05        #16
old head  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
$20,927 | Props total: 27841 27841
 datboy|e said
Hold it right here irresponsible fu*ker.I’m not saddled with huge amounts of student debt, because I am a responsible member of society. I didn’t take out huge sums of loans with intention I couldn’t pay them back. fu*k your student loans!
^ another case of “Not my problem, I didn’t make that mistake...so it doesn’t exist....and fu*k them”.

This is why some things never get better. Because of people like this guy above
+18   

7 days ago '14        #17
Bigboi781  30 heat pts30
space
space
space
$4,641 | Props total: 4290 4290
 old head said
^ another case of ďNot my problem, I didnít make that mistake...so it doesnít exist....and fu*k themĒ.

This is why some things never get better. Because of people like this guy above
I mean paying student loans is pretty Easy tbh. I mean if youíre coming out of school with 100,000 in debt as a history major well yeah, youíre kinda a dumbass. But other than that, people do need to take responsibility if they want to go to these expensive schools and there are tons of grants and scholarships if you do the research. If you do the research, you never have to pay much tbh. That said, college is a scam.
+1   

Top 10 most propped recently  7 days ago '05        #18
space
space
 Bigboi781 said
I mean paying student loans is pretty Easy tbh. I mean if you’re coming out of school with 100,000 in debt as a history major well yeah, you’re kinda a dumbass. But other than that, people do need to take responsibility if they want to go to these expensive schools and there are tons of grants and scholarships if you do the research. If you do the research, you never have to pay much tbh. That said, college is a scam.
That’s all that needed to be said. People shouldn’t have to do detective work to find a cheaper way to go to school. And it doesn’t change the fact that these predatory agencies are destroying Americas youth
+6   

7 days ago '14        #19
Bigboi781  30 heat pts30
space
space
space
$4,641 | Props total: 4290 4290
 old head said
Thatís all that needed to be said. People shouldnít have to do detective work to find a cheaper way to go to school. And it doesnít change the fact that these predatory agencies are destroying Americas youth
Thatís with everything and the resources are right in front of peopleís faces. People are just lazy.

Even Sallie Mae has a scholarship database where some scholarships are easy af to get because no one is applying. And no one is forcing students to take out student loans, you can work while in school. I just graduated literally a few weeks ago and rather than taking out loans for my final semesters, I decided to work instead and now Iím on pace to pay off all of my student loans before year end. People need to stop being lazy if they want to go to college or pick other options, simple

Top 10 most propped recently  7 days ago '05        #20
space
space
 Bigboi781 said
Thatís with everything and the resources are right in front of peopleís faces. People are just lazy.

Even Sallie Mae has a scholarship database where some scholarships are easy af to get because no one is applying. And no one is forcing students to take out student loans, you can work while in school. I just graduated literally a few weeks ago and rather than taking out loans for my final semesters, I decided to work instead and now Iím on pace to pay off all of my student loans before year end. People need to stop being lazy if they want to go to college or pick other options, simple
Like I said. Thats great that you made the right decision, and many people do. But, it doesnít change the fact that students are still blood in the water for these sharks.

Like you said...ITS A SCAM regardless
+1   

7 days ago '19        #21
AshyFeet 
space
space
space
$100 | Props total: 620 620
n*ggas really took out loans to drink and fu*k for 4 years and expect me to pay for them
+2   

7 days ago '19        #22
rnfufbx  3 heat pts3
space
space
space
$989 | Props total: 2755 2755
 Bigboi781 said
I mean paying student loans is pretty Easy tbh. I mean if you’re coming out of school with 100,000 in debt as a history major well yeah, you’re kinda a dumbass. But other than that, people do need to take responsibility if they want to go to these expensive schools and there are tons of grants and scholarships if you do the research. If you do the research, you never have to pay much tbh. That said, college is a scam.
waiting oh nvmd

Last edited by rnfufbx; 09-11-2019 at 11:07 AM..
+3   

7 days ago '19        #23
Big Gurthy 
space
space
space
$399 | Props total: 1448 1448
 Tom Herman said

Aye u dumb as fu*k if u think its a bailout without any kind of going forward regulation.

Do u know how much the sh*t would be on the line.
+2   

7 days ago '14        #24
FukHowYouFeel  1 heat pts1
space
space
$6,945 | Props total: 20083 20083
 datboy|e said

This. There's no such thing as student loan forgiveness.

For the year if 2019...As if right now...I'll end up paying 42% of my gross income in taxes across federal, state, local and property obligations. If student loan "forgiveness" becomes law...That number is likely to climb to about 50-55%.

I did not go to college. I don't owe one dime in student loans as a result and this was 100% MY CHOICE. (My girl holds about $22K left on her loans and it's like a $217/mo payment).

This idea that the majority of student debtors took this burden on responsbily and are still trying to remedy their financial situation responsbily is a joke. A bad one at that.

They have no intention of honoring their debt. They simply want the responsibility shifted off their shoulders on to actual taxpayers.

AshyFeet said
n*ggas really took out loans to drink and fu*k for 4 years and expect me to pay for them
Exactly. fu*k'em...The next time you want to move out of state to "experience" the college life and "find yourself"...Do it on your own dime.

Some info for actual responsible people who want to know more about this lie...

Last edited by FukHowYouFeel; 09-11-2019 at 11:14 AM..

7 days ago '12        #25
McGirt876  7 heat pts7
space
space
$1,618 | Props total: 2844 2844
Reserved...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  17
Image(s) inside BX MEMBER SPENT 4 MILLION OF HIS JOB COMPANY $$$ To Launch MUSIC CAREER
41 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+24online now  16
Industry niggas.. Lets talk abt how ya sold ya souls.. Tap in
166 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+52online now  11
Video inside Da Baby getting in touch with his Nigerian roots