Kevin Durant realized he was 'different' from rest of Warriors, still doesn't trust OKC

most viewed right now
+73  36
31 comments @hiphop
most viewed right now
+24  27
73 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

5 days ago '05        #1
5910 page views
143 comments

Based_One  94 heat pts94
space
space
$11,276 | Props total: 13905 13905
Kevin Durant realized he was 'different' from rest of Warriors, still doesn't trust OKC

Things went well for Kevin Durant during his three seasons with the Golden State Warriors as he won two titles - along with two Finals MVP awards - and probably would have won three of each had he not been injured throughout June's Finals match-up with the Toronto Raptors. However, despite his on-court successes, Durant never felt as though he fully fit in with the Warriors, and that fact played a role in his decision to depart this summer.

"I came in there wanting to be part of a group, wanting to be part of a family, and definitely felt accepted," Durant said in an interview the Wall Street Journal. "But I'll never be one of those guys. I didn't get drafted there... Steph Curry, obviously drafted there. Andre Iguodala, won the first Finals, first championship. Klay Thompson, drafted there. Draymond Green, drafted there. And the rest of the guys kind of rehabilitated their careers there. So me? sh*t, how you going to rehabilitate me? What you going to teach me? How can you alter anything in my basketball life? I got an MVP already. I got scoring titles.

"As time went on, I started to realize I'm just different from the rest of the guys. It's not a bad thing. Just my circumstances and how I came up in the league. And on top of that, the media always looked at it like KD and the Warriors. So it's like nobody could get a full acceptance of me there."

There were also on-court reasons for Durant's departure from Golden State, including the fact that he felt the team's offense was limited, especially in the latter rounds of the playoffs.

"The motion offense we run in Golden State, it only works to a certain point," Durant said. "We can totally rely on only our system for maybe the first two rounds. Then the next two rounds we're going to have to mix in individual play. We've got to throw teams off, because they're smarter in that round of playoffs. So now I had to dive into my bag, deep, to create stuff on my own, off the dribble, isos, pick-and-rolls, more so than let the offense create my points for me."

As far as his first franchise, the Oklahoma City Thunder, Durant still holds a grudge against the city and organization for how they treated him after he decided to sign with the Warriors in free agency in 2016.

"I'll never be attached to that city again because of that," Durant said. "I eventually wanted to come back to that city and be part of that community and organization, but I don't trust nobody there. That sh*t must have been fake, what they was doing. The organization, the GM, I ain't talked to none of those people, even had a nice exchange with those people, since I left."

Through his first 12 seasons in the league, Durant has experienced a plethora of individual and team success, and has established himself as one of the best - and most unique - players that the league has ever seen. However, he's clearly still searching for contentment. Perhaps he will finally find it in Brooklyn.

visit this link https://www.cbssports.com .. trust-thunder/
+25   

best
worst
143 comments

5 days ago '10        #2
REG773  1 heat pts1
space
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 24174 24174
You basically cheated your way to titles dude

Nobody cares that you now realize you tweaked

Also OKC arent snakes, you just werent built to run the ship so they let Westbrick do; all you had to do was man up ����*♂️

Top 10 most propped recently  5 days ago '19        #3
Big Tymerz  29 heat pts29
space
space
space
$796 | Props total: 4645 4645

+2   

5 days ago '09        #4
ii_show_off  86 heat pts86
space
space
$5,522 | Props total: 4295 4295
 REG773 said

Also OKC arent snakes, you just werent built to run the ship so they let Westbrick do; all you had to do was man up ����*♂️

+33   

5 days ago '05        #5
Bx_Bomberz  252 heat pts252
space
space
$26,646 | Props total: 20024 20024
 REG773 said

Cheated? you must not understand what that word means. What rules did he break?
+30   

5 days ago '16        #6
TrillSp  23 heat pts23
space
space
$4,430 | Props total: 11237 11237
KD basically said I had to get outta Golden State because no matter how much they won, he wasn’t getting the credit. Cause it wasn’t his team. He’s correct.
+128   

5 days ago '12        #7
LicensedLegend  13 heat pts13
space
space
$11,168 | Props total: 6561 6561
You moved on from them, what did you expect? Imagine “you” leaving someone, and then “you” complain about trust issues.
+60   

5 days ago '12        #8
FrescoB  85 heat pts85
space
space
$14,026 | Props total: 39306 39306
+3   

5 days ago '07        #9
TH35  112 heat pts112
space
space
$94,708 | Props total: 21854 21854
I saw this in another article

Kevin Durant aka the greatest snake of all time aka the only serpent with a jump shot recently opened his mouth again for a piece with the Wall Street Journal, and with his forked tongue he cried about not feeling welcomed by the OKC Thunder fans and organization after he packed his bags for Golden State. Now he’s in Brooklyn, but he clearly hasn’t learned from his slithery ways.
+39   

Top 10 most slapped recently  5 days ago '09        #10
MakaveliToDon91  50 heat pts50
space
space
$10,599 | Props total: 19195 19195
fu*k he crying about now?
+49   

5 days ago '07        #11
TH35  112 heat pts112
space
space
$94,708 | Props total: 21854 21854
 TrillSp said
KD basically said I had to get outta Golden State because no matter how much they won, he wasn’t getting the credit. Cause it wasn’t his team. He’s correct.
Never should've went now he wants ppl to listen/have empathy when he says hes "unfulfilled".

"But I'll never be one of those guys. I didn't get drafted there... Steph Curry, obviously drafted there. Andre Iguodala, won the first Finals, first championship. Klay Thompson, drafted there. Draymond Green, drafted there. And the rest of the guys kind of rehabilitated their careers there. So me? sh*t, how you going to rehabilitate me? What you going to teach me? How can you alter anything in my basketball life? I got an MVP already. I got scoring titles.

and sounds ungrateful too

Last edited by TH35; 09-10-2019 at 02:59 PM..
+36   

5 days ago '14        #12
LuckiiWaviano  643 heat pts643
space
space
$23,102 | Props total: 41620 41620
n*gga said exactly what everybody was sayin soon as he signed there
Lmaoooooo foh wit them 2 fake a*s rings n*gga
Kawhi got just as much an aint have to run to the team that beat his a*s
+57   

5 days ago '10        #13
MrTripleDouble 
space
space
$3,451 | Props total: 4426 4426
+11   

5 days ago '17        #14
justin747  50 heat pts50
space
space
$15,121 | Props total: 75945 75945

This n*gga has way too many emotions and sh*t. Goddamn it's just constant moaning and bi*ching. Why would you even out this kinda sh*t out publicly??

I still don't have any problems with the moves he made cause at the end of the day, he has to do what makes him happy. But he cares waaaaaaaay too much about what irrelevant people think.
+49   

5 days ago '18        #15
NBA  62 heat pts62
space
space
$8,359 | Props total: 23097 23097
He went at Shannon for the same same sh*t he said in this article

+12   

5 days ago '09        #16
BrooklynStiles  143 heat pts143
space
space
$13,465 | Props total: 20926 20926

5 days ago '07        #17
timdog  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
$39,686 | Props total: 33013 33013
+6   

5 days ago '18        #18
NBA  62 heat pts62
space
space
Also, he came off as a clown for what he said about OKC

You abandoned the team & city when you were one win away from returning to the NBA Finals & went and joined the team you had against the ropes

How stupid can you be my guy?

The fans have every right to feel some type of way and clown you on the court, as long as it stays on the court.

The franchise also has the right to feel some type of way for the same reasons mentioned above.
+49   

5 days ago '08        #19
stlcardinals19  35 heat pts35
space
space
$20,253 | Props total: 9212 9212
Prob not having Steph as your best friend that could internally and externally hand the reins over to KD like D-Wade did for Bron is most likely the biggest cause for that alienation he felt. A damn shame, really

5 days ago '14        #20
Birdland 
space
space
space
$139 | Props total: 338 338
The more He and Kyrie talk the more I’m glad they didn’t come to the Knicks . They not dogs . Talented but weak minded . That sh*t rubs off on people
+26   

5 days ago '18        #21
NBA  62 heat pts62
space
space
 Birdland said
The more He and Kyrie talk the more I’m glad they didn’t come to the Knicks . They not dogs . Talented but weak minded . That sh*t rubs off on people
Ehh

Can't say I agree since they both are generational talent, but I feel where you're coming from

I don't see Knox developing into one of the top tier SF in this league though

There aren't many in the league either
+5   

5 days ago '14        #22
Birdland 
space
space
space
$139 | Props total: 338 338
 NBA said
Ehh

Can't say I agree since they both are generational talent, but I feel where you're coming from

I don't see Knox developing into one of the top tier SF in this league though

There aren't many in the league either
It would’ve been bitter sweet i can’t lie. But they make it easier to deal with, with the sh*t they been saying since. Esp KD . And for Knox idk he got crazy potential just off his size and length . He still young af . Gotta hit they weight room and he can be scary . But he has a long way to go I’m far from giving up on him
+5   

5 days ago '08        #23
Illuminati  373 heat pts373
space
space
$42,732 | Props total: 18658 18658
He wants to be liked and respected but can't stop talking.
+25   

5 days ago '19        #24
KeyserSoze  2 heat pts2
space
space
$485 | Props total: 1478 1478
One of these extra woke MF's that wants to blame everybody for his weak a*s perception of what's going on around him. After a while he just sound like a little bi*ch
+9   

5 days ago '05        #25
blah blah blah  130 heat pts130
space
space
$35,606 | Props total: 54490 54490
Weirdo always emo about something
+4   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+89online now  14
Carter 5 original leaked...
178 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+68online now  12
Video inside 10 Things Deleted From Avengers Endgame Script. Cap got his wig split....
62 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+23online now  10
Image(s) inside Sep 13 - We just witnessed ‘one of the most explicitly racist moments ..
240 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+34online now  5
Imagine the CLASSIC 50 Cent would’ve dropped if he didn’t give Game his hits...
95 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy