What's the purpose of powerlifting?

most viewed right now
+66  48
28 comments @hiphop
most viewed right now
+23  31
71 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section wild 'ish

6 days ago '15        #1
4047 page views
51 comments

Lord Kushington  164 heat pts164
space
space
$2,129 | Props total: 7741 7741
What's the purpose of powerlifting?

View this post on Instagram

#GBG

A post shared by Slim Thug (@slimthug) on

+14   

best
worst
51 comments

6 days ago '18        #2
LuxuriousGreen  3 heat pts3
space
space
$1,042 | Props total: 2623 2623
Start with just the bar if you can’t handle the weight
+44   

6 days ago '14        #3
Aries  102 heat pts102
space
space
$12,048 | Props total: 33648 33648
That's not powerlifting, it's weightlifting and it's an Olympic Sport.

Last edited by Aries; 09-10-2019 at 10:55 AM..
+22   

5 days ago '14        #4
strungout  411 heat pts411
space
space
$37,567 | Props total: 93229 93229
@2:15

nobody checked on this guy for a good 15 seconds, he could have died

Last edited by strungout; 09-09-2019 at 04:36 PM..
+9   

5 days ago '12        #5
daman729  27 heat pts27
space
space
$13,528 | Props total: 17478 17478
The human body wasn't meant to lift all that heavy weight for extended periods. Take it from a cat who used to lift heavy. Never lift anything above moderate on a continuous basis. Moderate-heavy at the most. I used to "ego lift" too. Growin up, you want all the muscles and strength. But what alot of people seem to forget is that alot of these lifters(especially the popular ones) be on roids and other PEDS so they afford to lift what the natural man or woman cant.

Atleast with moderate weight you have more control. Liftin all that heavy ridiculous weight can take you out. One slip up and your head could get cracked like a coconut. I've seen things. You can also get joint,bone and other muscle problems later on. It aint worth it.
+87   

5 days ago '10        #6
Heredia24d  5 heat pts5
space
space
$987 | Props total: 773 773
The purpose is to keep chiropractors in business.
+32   

5 days ago '18        #7
space
space
 strungout said
@2:15

nobody checked on this guy for a good 15 seconds, he could have died

“ O...MY...GOD” ol girl is hilarious
+13   

5 days ago '18        #8
space
space
 daman729 said
The human body wasn't meant to lift all that heavy weight for extended periods. Take it from a cat who used to lift heavy. Never lift anything above moderate on a continuous basis. Moderate-heavy at the most. I used to "ego lift" too. Growin up, you want all the muscles and strength. But what alot of people seem to forget is that alot of these lifters(especially the popular ones) be on roids and other PEDS so they afford to lift what the natural man or woman cant.

Atleast with moderate weight you have more control. Liftin all that heavy ridiculous weight can take you out. One slip up and your head could get cracked like a coconut. I've seen things. You can also get joint,bone and other muscle problems later on. It aint worth it.
Thanks you for the tips. Props
+19   

5 days ago '05        #9
Sickstrumentals  2 heat pts2
space
space
$873 | Props total: 1257 1257
 LuxuriousGreen said
the

"g-go see if he's alright" @ 2:36 ...oh man

them rednecks wanted nothin to do with that situation.
+7   

5 days ago '18        #10
Lsulakersaints 
space
space
$1,449 | Props total: 4431 4431
That sh*t will humble you, I tried that sh*t once at the gym with some powrrlifters, not gonna lie I bounce a little when I bench press...that rest pause aint no joke
+7   

5 days ago '16        #11
Yaggy  7 heat pts7
space
space
$3,136 | Props total: 4485 4485
Powerlifting mad overrated

I'm not superhuman or use any supplements but after a time I had to tell myself chill cause it serves no purpose

Losing flexibility isn't worth the trouble long term
+11   

5 days ago '16        #12
BathWaterMelody  61 heat pts61
space
space
$9,370 | Props total: 34175 34175
doin power cleans with reps in perfect form >>> full clean & jerk and risking throwin your back & shoulder out
+3   

5 days ago '19        #13
unit321  75 heat pts75
space
space
$2,500 | Props total: 5964 5964
 Lord Kushington said
I did Olympic weight lifting for a little bit. You start out with a much lighter weight than you can handle to get the technique of the snatch (which you see) and the clean and jerk. Technique is very important. You do it right, and you won't end up like that guy. Then, you go up in weight incrementally. This way, when you know you can't handle a weight, you can back out and drop the bar and not get crushed.
+2   

5 days ago '07        #14
PurpleKush  14 heat pts14
space
space
$6,369 | Props total: 6114 6114
if your not an athlete and not in your 20s no point lifting heavy

5 days ago '19        #15
Cowboy  3 heat pts3
space
space
space
$101 | Props total: 407 407
Calisthenics/eating healthy/running>>>
+18   

5 days ago '14        #16
strungout  411 heat pts411
space
space
$37,567 | Props total: 93229 93229
 LuxuriousGreen said
"Well go see if He's alright.."

".....somebodies gotta go save him"

I love how they went from major excitement at the thought of him pulling off the apparatus

to just complete contempt once he was lying in the floor
+4   

5 days ago '18        #17
space
space
 strungout said
"Well go see if He's alright.."

".....somebodies gotta go save him"

I love how they went from major excitement at the thought of him pulling off the apparatus

to just complete contempt once he was lying in the floor
+2   

5 days ago '12        #18
kiddalex  12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,048 | Props total: 13525 13525
 daman729 said

Yeah , theres a lot of these strength training Guru's online especially on instagram selling "programs" and most of them are gassed out of they minds and setting unrealistic goals for people with real lives and no reason to be doing this kinda sh*t.

Women and dudes selling these programs have no idea what your base level is , how your form is, what you can do , what you can't, what your body can handle, how you're progressing, etc. but are telling you what to do daily.

I dunno if your familiar with Stefi Cohen, but shes like the godmother of this sh*t for female powerlifters and shes juiced to the 9's setting all these world records and women lifters wanna emulate her. They are most likely just fu*king themselves up with dog sh*t heavy a*s deadlifts getting no results.
+6   

5 days ago '04        #19
tdm2000  5 heat pts5
space
space
$2,291 | Props total: 930 930
*Olympic Lifting
+1   

5 days ago '04        #20
filleezcustoms  3 heat pts3
space
space
$1,748 | Props total: 504 504
The point is to get the heaviest weight you can lift over your head.

The 2 lifts are the snatch and clean and jerk.

Athletes are scored on the weight lifted in snatch, then clean and jerk and then the combined total.

It's possible to get 3 gold medals by doing 2 lifts.

Pyrros Dumas went to 5 Olympics doing this sh*t....... that's 20 years of lifting heavier than everyone else on the planet!

Dude was winning too, came in 3rd when he retired.

Open your third eye to all physical activities. One is not better than the other. Any human should be able to do anything another human can do......

What happened to anything you can do, I can do better? Weak a*s bi*ch boys be here complaining instead of leveling up at the gym!

5 days ago '15        #21
Tobinmont 
space
space
$5,178 | Props total: 13051 13051
 daman729 said

Facts. I ego lifted myself into nagging shoulder injury. I use a Swiss bar now when I bench press.
+3   

5 days ago '16        #22
Yaggy  7 heat pts7
space
space
$3,136 | Props total: 4485 4485
 filleezcustoms said
The point is to get the heaviest weight you can lift over your head.

The 2 lifts are the snatch and clean and jerk.

Athletes are scored on the weight lifted in snatch, then clean and jerk and then the combined total.

It's possible to get 3 gold medals by doing 2 lifts.

Pyrros Dumas went to 5 Olympics doing this sh*t....... that's 20 years of lifting heavier than everyone else on the planet!

Dude was winning too, came in 3rd when he retired.

Open your third eye to all physical activities. One is not better than the other. Any human should be able to do anything another human can do......

What happened to anything you can do, I can do better? Weak a*s bi*ch boys be here complaining instead of leveling up at the gym!

So as a person w job that doesn't call for physical prowess should I be mad at myself I can't lift 400 once over my head even though i can move 150 25 times w ease.

There's a line that doesn't need crossing.
+2   

5 days ago '19        #23
zzxxccvvbb  5 heat pts5
space
space
space
$1,296 | Props total: 2790 2790
Great recovery though

5 days ago '17        #24
baku  54 heat pts54
space
space
space
$805 | Props total: 7144 7144
 kiddalex said
Yeah , theres a lot of these strength training Guru's online especially on instagram selling "programs" and most of them are gassed out of they minds and setting unrealistic goals for people with real lives and no reason to be doing this kinda sh*t.

Women and dudes selling these programs have no idea what your base level is , how your form is, what you can do , what you can't, what your body can handle, how you're progressing, etc. but are telling you what to do daily.

I dunno if your familiar with Stefi Cohen, but shes like the godmother of this sh*t for female powerlifters and shes juiced to the 9's setting all these world records and women lifters wanna emulate her. They are most likely just fu*king themselves up with dog sh*t heavy a*s deadlifts getting no results.
facts on facts..

interesting topic for me.. i literally fell out with one of my homies about this a week ago... not even kidding lmao

the convo basically was about me telling him "dog, the highest goal in one's life should not be to get as big as possible... there's more to life than just going to the gym and the stupid a*s "anabolic window" ...."

and he took it personal ... talking about "if u wanna be a quiter thats on u".... sh*t's crazy.. and i got a crazy physique compared to 99% of people... im literally jacked.. dudes thats familiar with who i am and my channel know this

anyway i recently started changing my perspective.. focusing more on mobility, cardio and low fat.. to me the concept of bulking is the most retarded thing on earth... "lets forcefeed ourselves and eat when were not even hungry so then later on we can starve ourselves for months, only to realise that if you do all this sh*t naturally, you will have only made minimal gains... oh sh*t.. i feel small now that i've cut... time to bulk again" ..

y'all really think the body is cool with constantly going from fat to lean? lol sh*t is stupid man... and im speaking from 10 years of being a wannabe bodybuilder

i'm knee deep in the gym game, im what u call a gym bro, but im 31 now and im starting to see sh*t for what it is.... there's no difference between the physique u can have when u work out 6 times a week or the one you'll have if u hit it 3 times a week...; nobody can tell...

it's a rabbit hole and you're never satisfied.. social media got u thinking if u can't deadlift 200kg for reps you weak.. same with squats and bench... all these dudes is juiced to the limit... and we're looking at them like "oh sh*t i guess i gotta follow suit"

i never met a powerlifter in his 40's that didn't have a fu*ked up lower back or knee issues
+13   

5 days ago '12        #25
daman729  27 heat pts27
space
space
$13,528 | Props total: 17478 17478
 kiddalex said

Its crazy bro. Seen too many cats get snapped up. I used to fall for the hype. Especially in my high school days. Cats dont even realize they're setting themselves for a host of problems. Youre spot on bruh! These gurus are so selfish smh.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+89online now  21
Carter 5 original leaked...
178 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+23online now  10
Image(s) inside Sep 13 - We just witnessed ‘one of the most explicitly racist moments ..
240 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+68online now  9
Video inside 10 Things Deleted From Avengers Endgame Script. Cap got his wig split....
61 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  6
Video inside Killer Mike says cannibis can be used as reparations for black folks
180 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy