Aug 24 - Florida car-park killing: Gunman guilty as 'stand your ground' defence fails

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

4 weeks ago '18        #1
3636 page views
117 comments

prettygirlmafia  86 heat pts86
space
space
$576 | Props total: 6364 6364
Aug 24 - Florida car-park k*lling: Gunman guilty as 'stand your ground' defence fails

imageMichael Drejka had a valid concealed weapons licence, police say

imageMcGlockton's family said he was trying to protect them when he shoved Drejka

A white man who shot and k*lled an unarmed black man over a parking dispute in the US state of Florida has been found guilty of manslaughter.

Michael Drejka, 49, shot Markeis McGlockton after a f*ght broke out over a disabled parking space last year.

Drejka had cited the state's "stand your ground" law, which has provided a self-defence case for those threatened by deadly force or imminent danger.

Drejka faces up to 30 years in prison and will be sentenced in October.

Four 'stand your ground' cases
America's gun culture in 10 charts
The statistics behind the violence
"It's been well over a year since we've been dealing with this matter and I can safely say my family can rest now," McGlockton's father, Michael McGlockton, told reporters.

Drejka's lawyer, John Trevena, said his client would probably appeal against the verdict, which he called "a mystery".

The fatal shooting prompted protests and vigils around the state.

It also fuelled political debates around several polarising issues, including gun rights, race and self-defence.

Why did the shooting take place?

The dispute began after Drejka confronted McGlockton's girlfriend, Brittany Jacobs, because she had parked in a disabled parking space with two of her children.

As their argument escalated, McGlockton, 28, rushed from a nearby shop and pushed Drejka to the ground.

Drejka - who had a concealed weapons licence - then pulled out a gun and shot McGlockton.

CCTV footage shows McGlockton rushing back inside the shop while clutching his chest. He was taken to hospital in the city of Clearwater and pronounced dead.

Drejka claimed to have acted in self-defence, but police faced criticism for the initial decision not to charge him.

"If he was going to hit me that hard to begin with, a blind side from the get-go, what else should I expect?" he later said in a police interview.

Drejka also said that his "pet peeve" was illegal parking in disabled spaces, and he admitted to police that he had frequently taken photos of offending cars.

Court documents revealed he had been accused as an aggressor in four other road incidents between 2012 and 2018. In three of them, prosecutors alleged that he threatened people with a gun.

What happened in court?

A six-member jury took about six hours to reach the verdict late on Friday.

Drejka's lawyers argued McGlockton caused his own death by making Drejka fear for his life.

"The threat was real," Mr Trevena told the court. "He had the right to stand his ground and no duty to retreat".

But prosecutors said CCTV footage showed that McGlockton stepped away after the weapon was pointed at him.

Assistant State Attorney Scott Rosenwasser said it was a "cut and dry" murder by a self-proclaimed "parking lot vigilante".

"You know what Markeis McGlockton is guilty of?" Mr Rosenwasser asked the court. "He is guilty of loving and trying to protect his family and he died because of it."

During the proceedings, jurors had asked for more clarity over the state's self-defence law. Judge Joseph Bulone told them that all he could do was reread it to them.

visit this link https://www.bbc.com/news/ .. anada-49459855
+27   

best
worst
117 comments

4 weeks ago '10        #2
MrTripleDouble 
space
space
$3,462 | Props total: 4462 4462
I honestly believe that "Stand your ground" law is a racist law that gives an unfair advantage to white people. Imagine a non white person trying to use this as defense especially if the victim were white. White law enforcement, white judge, white prosecutor, white jurors would all be laughing inside. Sounds absurd because it is, they would never let that happen. Good this c*cksucker is facing consequences though.
+138   

4 weeks ago '18        #3
LuxuriousGreen  4 heat pts4
space
space
$1,145 | Props total: 2973 2973
+11   

4 weeks ago '16        #4
foshoVoodoo  291 heat pts291
space
space
$17,151 | Props total: 40030 40030
 MrTripleDouble said
I honestly believe that "Stand your ground" law is a racist law that gives an unfair advantage to white people. Imagine a non white person trying to use this as defense especially if the victim were white. White law enforcement, white judge, white prosecutor, white jurors would all be laughing inside. Sounds absurd because it is, they would never let that happen. Good this c*cksucker is facing consequences though.
it aint genocide though
+8   

4 weeks ago '17        #5
Ifeellikekobe  118 heat pts118
space
space
$8,649 | Props total: 38145 38145
Drejka is fu*king coward. Glad he is going to jail. Hindsight beng 20/20 i wish Markeis McGlockton would have knocked Drejka the fu*k out. When the police show up say that man had a gun and I thought my life was in danger so i knocked him out to protect my woman and kids.

Last edited by Ifeellikekobe; 08-24-2019 at 06:12 PM..
+40   

4 weeks ago '15        #6
The South  17 heat pts17
space
space
$8,433 | Props total: 20852 20852

Been telling you goofies that castle sh*t and the stand your ground don’t always work. Can’t just shoot people because you “feared for your life” sh*t needa match up. Can’t escalate sh*t from a push/punch to hot ones.

This pu**y getting exactly what he deserves.
+44   

4 weeks ago '13        #7
BoxdenNiggas 
space
space
space
$2,173 | Props total: 2567 2567
Shoulda just became a cop if you wanted to k*ll black people for free
+44   

4 weeks ago '09        #8
messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
$75,726 | Props total: 134452 134452
he tried to pull a redneck version of george zimmerman

in befire the usual idiots claim the victim deserve to be k*lled
+18   

4 weeks ago '05        #9
2 Pistolz  18 heat pts18
space
space
$22,425 | Props total: 10059 10059
 MrTripleDouble said

I live in Florida, have a gun license, and carry everywhere allowed.... and I stand by and agree with this post 100%

I'm not pulling on someone unless my life or my family is truly threatened. If an unarmed man puts hands on me then I'm putting hands back on him like my daddy taught me too.

People are straight up punks these days. So quick to pull a gun and end a life in a situation that can easily be handled with hands or even words. pu**y sh*t. Man up, gay f*g**ts.
+43   

4 weeks ago '05        #10
P-Hill|M  28 heat pts28
space
space
$40,329 | Props total: 20082 20082
Over handicap parking.
+18   

4 weeks ago '16        #11
Solo214 
space
space
space
$1,754 | Props total: 2752 2752
 2 Pistolz said
I live in Florida, have a gun license, and carry everywhere allowed.... and I stand by and agree with this post 100%

I'm not pulling on someone unless my life or my family is truly threatened. If an unarmed man puts hands on me then I'm putting hands back on him like my daddy taught me too.

People are straight up punks these days. So quick to pull a gun and end a life in a situation that can easily be handled with hands or even words. pu**y sh*t. Man up, gay f*g**ts.
Fr fr straight from the shoulders how it should be and they still gave this punk a*s guy manslaughter heíll be out in 5-10 they shoulda gave his a*s first degree murder
+19   

Top 10 most propped recently  4 weeks ago '04        #12
zone3cp  5 heat pts5
space
space
$8,927 | Props total: 37085 37085
MF was hoping to get that national attention support. Who was his lawyer? I wonder if he got anonymous donations for his lawyer fees if he had top
Lawyer.
+8   

4 weeks ago '18        #13
Oswaldgatesjr  29 heat pts29
space
space
space
$7,899 | Props total: 18485 18485
Broads always getting black men k*lled.

4 weeks ago '18        #14
9shots92bricks  9 heat pts9
space
space
space
$1,485 | Props total: 4021 4021
R.I.P to the young king and prayers to his family but McGlockton sounds like a nickname in the hood they give a n*gga thats about action
like you know what they call me mr McGlockton i gotta ton of glocks fully loaded but i know that joke was in bad taste and why cant nobody get murder charges when they k*ll us?
+9   

4 weeks ago '17        #15
AllWins  16 heat pts16
space
space
$4,220 | Props total: 9447 9447
Trash culture

4 weeks ago '06        #16
Darell_ftb  1612 heat pts1612
space
space
$66,080 | Props total: 79368 79368
Glad to hear I followed this case since it happened. This f*g**t pulled a gun on two black teens a week before because they went around him in traffick and he called them n*gga. Tough luck bi*ch don't drop the soap.

Last edited by Darell_ftb; 08-25-2019 at 06:04 AM..
+22   

4 weeks ago '15        #17
Honzou 
space
space
space
$425 | Props total: 1279 1279
Yeah I think having other incidents where he pulled out his gun didnít help his case. Plus he said heís was the parking lot enforcer, what a fu*king weirdo. Like he really had a problem with people parking in handicap spaces.
n*gga was in the parking lot like

+21   

4 weeks ago '04        #18
Mark-Ez  1 heat pts1
space
space
$4,589 | Props total: 3619 3619
thank god, truly fu*k this guy guy, what a disgusting human shooting someone like that because he got pushed to the ground. have fun in prison .though he should have got life

Last edited by Mark-Ez; 08-25-2019 at 05:45 AM..
+9   

4 weeks ago '15        #19
Drakehotel  25 heat pts25
space
space
$6,119 | Props total: 18274 18274
fu*k a Parking Lot Pete, throw his f*g**t a*s under the jail
+3   

4 weeks ago '05        #20
THEINFAMOUS  21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,825 | Props total: 18887 18887
Is the guy with the gun disabled? Why he care so much about where people park? wasting his time taking pics of handicap parking offenders
+1   

4 weeks ago '04        #21
ATLDOPEBOI30  78 heat pts78
space
space
$35,559 | Props total: 11263 11263
Hope he gets r*ped bad in prison
+3   

4 weeks ago '18        #22
Dehone 
space
space
$4,619 | Props total: 15159 15159
Half the battle. Let's see what this redneck, cousin fu*king tractor jockey gets sentenced.
+5   

4 weeks ago '17        #23
Hakeem  2 heat pts2
space
space
$2,692 | Props total: 5027 5027
I remember this,
+1   

4 weeks ago '08        #24
thisguymush  4 heat pts4
space
space
$979 | Props total: 639 639
He was prolly pissed when they denied his White card in court.....Now he prolly gonna get fu*ked up in jail..over a fu*king parking spot smh.

+2   

4 weeks ago '14        #25
titans7  3 heat pts3
space
space
$10,981 | Props total: 28757 28757
I remember the thread on thec*li about this and that racist Mexican who sells drugs and is a strip club doorman said he thinks all handicap parkers should be shot and he didn't get banned for that dumb racist sh*t, the man was just executed for no reason and he comes in celebrating and no one banned him or suspended his account plus no one has ever died from not being able to park in a handicap space but those drugs the racist Mexican sold has caused people to lose jobs, divorces, custody of kids and absolutely caused deaths. I am glad this guy was convicted but we have to
wait for sentencing before any celebrations just in case they pull a fast one and give him the minimum. His family deserves justice for their murdered loved one who was a hero because this lunatic could have shot into the car at one of them.

Last edited by titans7; 08-25-2019 at 07:31 AM..
+5   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  40
Sep 18 - Adult film star Jessica Jaymes is dead at the age of 43
120 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+55online now  35
Itís messed up how true this is