More than $1 mill in cocaine was found hidden in boxes of bananas at 3 grocery stores

most viewed right now
10 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section wild 'ish

3 weeks ago '18        #1
1623 page views
48 comments

prettygirlmafia  86 heat pts86
space
space
$575 | Props total: 6362 6362
More than $1 mill in cocaine was found hidden in boxes of bananas at 3 grocery stores

Thu August 22, 2019

(CNN) Authorities are trying to figure out how bricks of cocaine worth more than $1 million wound up in banana shipments delivered to three grocery stores in Washington state.

The drugs were found Sunday at Safeway stores in Woodinville, Bellingham and Federal Way.

Produce workers at the Woodinville store were putting the bananas out on the sales floor when they saw something strange, said Sgt. Ryan Abbott with the King County Sheriff's Office.

"One of the boxes had brown paper in it, which caught their attention and then they looked further and found these bricks," Abbott said. "They called the police and we went out there and it ended up being 22 kilos of cocaine with a street value of $550,000."

That's almost 50 pounds of cocaine.

The cocaine was surrounded by ordinary boxes of bananas, which were stuck together for shipment, Abbott said.

"We're still trying to determine where it all came from. That's under investigation. We do know it was all shipped from a central warehouse, but we don't know where it originated yet, so that's a work in progress," he said.

Bellingham Police Lt. Claudia Murphy told CNN affiliate KOMO that 23 kilograms (50.7 pounds) of cocaine were found hidden in a box of bananas at a Bellingham Safeway.

"I know that Safeway has been great and they went through every single box in their warehouse and all of their stores just to make sure there's no other issues," Abbott said.

He said he's never heard of anything like this happening -- especially not at three stores on the same day.

"We see cocaine out here, but we don't see this large amounts and we don't see it in Safeway and we don't see it in banana boxes," he said.

It's not the first time bananas have been used to smuggle cocaine.

In April, German authorities found hundreds of kilograms of cocaine, worth around €25 million ($28 million), that had been shipped to Aldi stores.

Last year Texas authorities discovered $18 million worth of cocaine hidden in bananas that had been donated to the Texas Department of Corrections.

visit this link https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2 .. rnd/index.html
+5   

best
worst
48 comments

3 weeks ago '18        #2
prettygirlmafia  86 heat pts86 OP
space
space
$575 | Props total: 6362 6362
God dam. Why can't sh*t like this happen to me. fu*k. They better give those workers a raise cause I wouldn't have said sh*t.

I wonder if someone took at least one brick. Or if a shipment went to another store and those workers ain't say sh*t and just took the whole shipment.

Somebody fu*ked waaaay up.
+25   

3 weeks ago '16        #3
Bearman413 
space
space
space
$182 | Props total: 229 229
They fu*king turned them in no way would of sold that sh*t
+9   

3 weeks ago '13        #4
THEDONN 
space
space
$36,235 | Props total: 33734 33734
+3   

3 weeks ago '14        #5
blitvit  20 heat pts20
space
space
$2,230 | Props total: 1638 1638
 prettygirlmafia said
God dam. Why can't sh*t like this happen to me. fu*k. They better give those workers a raise cause I wouldn't have said sh*t.

I wonder if someone took at least one brick. Or if a shipment went to another store and those workers ain't say sh*t and just took the whole shipment.

Be real nobody getting a raise
+4   

3 weeks ago '04        #6
bigmike123456  3 heat pts3
space
space
$2,205 | Props total: 1503 1503
Part of me wants to say they should have kept that but I’m sure whoever it belongs to would have been looking for them
+1   

3 weeks ago '18        #7
PurpleRain  21 heat pts21
space
space
$642 | Props total: 3165 3165
You gotta at least stash one away.
+7   

3 weeks ago '04        #8
PrisonRules  78 heat pts78
space
space
$29,697 | Props total: 10371 10371
 PurpleRain said
You gotta at least stash one away.
I would of took two or three and told on rest

I rmbr I was working at Burger King n got robbed.

I took 500 and then told MGMT.

Them n*ggas owned me anyway
+14   

3 weeks ago '18        #9
Blaffy  245 heat pts245
space
space
$14,367 | Props total: 51377 51377

Drugs are bad man

3 weeks ago '18        #10
Boxedin101  18 heat pts18
space
space
space
$2,170 | Props total: 6519 6519
Imagine minding your business and finding enough cocaine to start an empire with
+8   

3 weeks ago '17        #11
DaQCKing  50 heat pts50
space
space
$8,323 | Props total: 34722 34722
 prettygirlmafia said

I wouldnt have had a choice but to turn it in. I have no idea how to get rid of a million dollars worth of coke. You gotta know ppl to move that kind of weight and then you gotta hope you dont get your head took off.
+4   

3 weeks ago '18        #12
jakerich 
space
space
$351 | Props total: 3622 3622
As popular as cocaine is and as many of these stories I see, I never see people doing cocaine,like ever. And I’m outside at functions in clubs moving around. I’ve never seen someone doing coke

3 weeks ago '16        #13
kuul  24 heat pts24
space
space
$4,557 | Props total: 9695 9695
You don't have to sell it if you find it. I'd probably be fired 6 months afterwards. Being it's just a grocery store job having Coke stashes would be the only thing to motivate me to come to work. I'm wearing them tinted safety glasses everyday.
+3   

3 weeks ago '04        #14
NAKHI ALLAH  1 heat pts1
space
space
$8,712 | Props total: 3376 3376
Man o man

3 weeks ago '05        #15
rawchester  23 heat pts23
space
space
$6,958 | Props total: 10769 10769
 jakerich said
As popular as cocaine is and as many of these stories I see, I never see people doing cocaine,like ever. And I’m outside at functions in clubs moving around. I’ve never seen someone doing coke
Lol, it ain't like the movies bro. People do coke in front of and around people they know/trust or are trying to fu*k with. sh*t, depending on your financial status you might not be around anyone that can afford to do coke...

I know plenty of guys/girls that do that sh*t and they keep it on the low low. sh*t, they be trying to hide it from me sometimes because I don't do it lol. I don't pass any judgement so I think that puts them at ease.
+13   

3 weeks ago '14        #16
titans7  2 heat pts2
space
space
$10,915 | Props total: 28467 28467
+1   

3 weeks ago '11        #17
Smuggz 
space
space
$2,001 | Props total: 5676 5676
Bellingham made it's way to BX
fu*k that Safeway tho
And the Woodinville one too

3 weeks ago '15        #18
gaapplewood 
space
space
$3,441 | Props total: 4655 4655
Hmmmm

What about the stores that didn’t report the findings?

+7   

3 weeks ago '16        #19
Kansas City Mac  9 heat pts9
space
space
$1,072 | Props total: 6668 6668
Is it me or has a lot of cocaine just been poppin up everywhere lately?
+7   

3 weeks ago '19        #20
JUANCEASAR 
space
space
space
$582 | Props total: 1313 1313
 Boxedin101 said
Imagine minding your business and finding enough cocaine to start an empire with
Yeah but I think I someone out it there for safekeeping. If you sell that sh*t, the person might've come back & see it gone, then sh*t would go left.

Top 10 most propped recently  3 weeks ago '15        #21
Mystic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
$15,145 | Props total: 34460 34460
 DaQCKing said
I wouldnt have had a choice but to turn it in. I have no idea how to get rid of a million dollars worth of coke. You gotta know ppl to move that kind of weight and then you gotta hope you dont get your head took off.
Easy, sell it for less than half and keep a gun on you during the deal
+3   

3 weeks ago '17        #22
dontgetshiton 
space
space
space
$155 | Props total: 122 122
 Kansas City Mac said
Is it me or has a lot of cocaine just been poppin up everywhere lately?
days after the inauguration of trump, there was an article in the washington post express that said more coke would be coming into the country.

3 weeks ago '18        #23
PurpleRain  21 heat pts21
space
space
$642 | Props total: 3165 3165
 PrisonRules said
I would of took two or three and told on rest

I rmbr I was working at Burger King n got robbed.

I took 500 and then told MGMT.

Them n*ggas owned me anyway
Definitely no one would suspect the guy that turned the drugs in.

3 weeks ago '04        #24
eazyvaboy  80 heat pts80
space
space
$4,889 | Props total: 19264 19264
I'm not bout that life. I wouldn't know where to start or what to do with bricks of Coca. The best I could do is call some of the homies I know who used to slang back in the day and put them on. I sold weed in high school but that's about it.

+2   

3 weeks ago '18        #25
SFamilyRep  21 heat pts21
space
space
$6,612 | Props total: 32407 32407
To be real just ask around.....people that sell drugs like weed....if they don’t sell I’m pretty sure they know who does or who to put you into contact with
+3   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+18online now  29
bianca bel air proves that ncaa athletes are the hardest working people ..
41 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+17online now  23
Sep 14 - online drug trafficker plotted to sell fake oxy and xanax laced with..
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+35online now  15
Video inside What Happened To Braxton From 'The Jamie Foxx Show'?
62 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+39online now  5
Image(s) inside Juelz in the clink
122 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy