Aug 22 - Bernie Sanders Releases Revolutionary "Green New Deal" Plan

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

4 weeks ago '16        #1
1911 page views
90 comments

Boogersugar  95 heat pts95
space
space
$6,501 | Props total: 24488 24488
Aug 22 - Bernie Sanders Releases Revolutionary "Green New Deal" Plan

visit this link Bernie Sanders’ ‘Green New Deal’: A $16 Trillion Climate Plan

Some highlights:
- More than 2 Trillion in grants to low and medium income Americans to weatherize their homes and buy new, electric vehicles

- $2.37T invested in renewable energy development and storage. Any energy produced by the government would be publicly owned and would then be sold to publicly owned utilities and coops

- A Sanders DOJ would go after fossil fuel companies for civil and CRIMINAL penalties. No more giving Big Oil a pass for lying to the public, lying to investors... time to enforce the laws on the books.

- Heavy investment in infrastructure, public transportation, electric buses, and high speed rail

- Moving away from nuclear energy nationally, which some experts feel is key as a bridge solution to meeting a goal of the quickest possible carbon reduction

All paid for by a tax increase on the wealthiest Americans, who have enjoyed a disproportionate share of the tax cuts since Reagan and missed out on most tax increases over the same era(those largely came through sales tax and payroll tax increases which target the poor).

Bernie is my #2 choice but I really like this plan and hope other candidates adopt pieces of it. Still trying to figure out how I feel about trying to move away from nuclear power so soon... eventually it needs to go but I would be okay with focusing on carbon reduction until 2030 and tackling getting rid of nuclear energy, and the resulting nuclear waste, after that point. But overall

+35   

best
worst
90 comments

4 weeks ago '04        #2
Tic Toc  8 heat pts8
space
space
$7,418 | Props total: 4786 4786
Sounds like a good plan...
I'm sure these are the cliff notes...which means that there are more things lined in this plan
+8   

4 weeks ago '06        #3
Big Yari  5 heat pts5
space
space
$833 | Props total: 406 406
Bernie The Man !!! LFG
I really hope the democratic party gets their sh*t together and stop c*ck blocking the real front runners like Bernie.
+11   

4 weeks ago '16        #4
BathWaterMelody  61 heat pts61
space
space
$9,461 | Props total: 34461 34461
Bernie Sanders is the textbook definition of "Eye of the Tiger."
+6   

4 weeks ago '06        #5
Dead Prezidents 
space
space
$2,054 | Props total: 194 194
How does the country afford this?

4 weeks ago '15        #6
PolygonMafia  4 heat pts4
space
space
$2,236 | Props total: 8202 8202

I like Sanders. I really do think he is probably the only candidate that is actually talking about challenging the actual things that matter to the majority of the working class - Also known as pretty much all of us. Him getting all riled up like a Jewish grandpa that got his deli order got slightly miffed is honestly the energy we need to combat the right. We should stop apologizing for wanting better things and trying to meet halfway with ghouls who would never do the same for us.

My only fear with him is that he will be pacified by a red dominated senate and it will lead to a stalemate in terms of actually getting any of this done. America isn’t ready to admit they are a society of working class people toiling under the dying breaths of late-stage capitalism. Bernie announcing that we should do these things you listed is considered leftist past Stalin to a lot of this country. It’s fu*kin hilarious and sad at the same time

Boogersugar - what’s your #1 pic if not Bernie? Honestly curious.
+9   

4 weeks ago '04        #7
Decan45  2 heat pts2
space
space
$11,990 | Props total: 6171 6171
 Dead Prezidents said
It can't. We're floating in a bubble economy with nothing to catch our fall but monetary manipulation.

4 weeks ago '04        #8
Decan45  2 heat pts2
space
space
$11,990 | Props total: 6171 6171
Why would you move away from nuclear energy?

4 weeks ago '18        #9
Eyesofchaos  24 heat pts24
space
space
$1,154 | Props total: 2118 2118

4 weeks ago '17        #10
AllWins  16 heat pts16
space
space
$4,220 | Props total: 9447 9447
Wait what happened to the other Green New Deal? Is that law yet?

4 weeks ago '04        #11
Hakim Cobain  4 heat pts4
space
space
$7,363 | Props total: 16067 16067
 PolygonMafia said

I like Sanders. I really do think he is probably the only candidate that is actually talking about challenging the actual things that matter to the majority of the working class - Also known as pretty much all of us. Him getting all riled up like a Jewish grandpa that got his deli order got slightly miffed is honestly the energy we need to combat the right. We should stop apologizing for wanting better things and trying to meet halfway with ghouls who would never do the same for us.

My only fear with him is that he will be pacified by a red dominated senate and it will lead to a stalemate in terms of actually getting any of this done. America isn’t ready to admit they are a society of working class people toiling under the dying breaths of late-stage capitalism. Bernie announcing that we should do these things you listed is considered leftist past Stalin to a lot of this country. It’s fu*kin hilarious and sad at the same time

Boogersugar - what’s your #1 pic if not Bernie? Honestly curious.

although I’m voting blue no matter who, Warren delivers that message better.

also didn’t mean to slap.
+7   

4 weeks ago '04        #12
space
space
 AllWins said

Still trollin aye champ?
+5   

4 weeks ago '04        #13
space
space
 Decan45 said
It can't. We're floating in a bubble economy with nothing to catch our fall but monetary manipulation.
What economies would you like to see america emulate?
+1   

4 weeks ago '17        #14
QdobaCasanova  13 heat pts13
space
space
$11,249 | Props total: 32702 32702
There’s nothing intrinsically wrong with nuclear energy but everything else checks out.

Will never pass because Americans are conditioned to be stupid.
+4   

4 weeks ago '13        #15
Xavi619  110 heat pts110
space
space
$3,870 | Props total: 9286 9286
Sounds good off the cliffs
What’s the timeline?

4 weeks ago '15        #16
JayJedi  8 heat pts8
space
space
$857 | Props total: 3366 3366
Bernie been on his sh*t lately
+4   

4 weeks ago '18        #17
Ballaszn 
space
space
$99 | Props total: 482 482
 Boogersugar said

Some highlights:
- More than 2 Trillion in grants to low and medium income Americans to weatherize their homes and buy new, electric vehicles

- $2.37T invested in renewable energy development and storage. Any energy produced by the government would be publicly owned and would then be sold to publicly owned utilities and coops

- A Sanders DOJ would go after fossil fuel companies for civil and CRIMINAL penalties. No more giving Big Oil a pass for lying to the public, lying to investors... time to enforce the laws on the books.

- Heavy investment in infrastructure, public transportation, electric buses, and high speed rail

- Moving away from nuclear energy nationally, which some experts feel is key as a bridge solution to meeting a goal of the quickest possible carbon reduction

All paid for by a tax increase on the wealthiest Americans, who have enjoyed a disproportionate share of the tax cuts since Reagan and missed out on most tax increases over the same era(those largely came through sales tax and payroll tax increases which target the poor).

Bernie is my #2 choice but I really like this plan and hope other candidates adopt pieces of it. Still trying to figure out how I feel about trying to move away from nuclear power so soon... eventually it needs to go but I would be okay with focusing on carbon reduction until 2030 and tackling getting rid of nuclear energy, and the resulting nuclear waste, after that point. But overall

Whose your first choice and why?
+1   

4 weeks ago '14        #18
Daptism  21 heat pts21
space
space
$8,460 | Props total: 30191 30191
 Decan45 said
Why would you move away from nuclear energy?
Agree with Bernie Sanders moving away from nuclear is the better option right now.

You can replace all current nuclear generation in the US with solar and batteries in less than 2 years, for a lower cost (nuclear generators take at least 10 years to build, and almost always go over budget; some are never finished and abandoned (see Duke in Florida, ratepayers got soaked on a nuclear plant they gave up on).

Nuclear lost (for commercial generation; edge cases like the Arctic circle and marine applications are still valid). It’s time we get over it and build as much solar, wind, and batteries as we can, and get Americans trained to deploy these technologies.

You can sell the other technologies a lot better than nuclear, the average American would need too much time and convincing to allow nuclear to be a viable option moving forward.

An aside, I would like to see a large scale study on wind farms and their effect on wildlife and climate. Yes I am a proponent of this technology but baring it all in the open on the potential side effects is key for future r&d.

Last edited by Daptism; 08-22-2019 at 12:15 PM..
+1   

4 weeks ago '18        #19
Lord God  94 heat pts94
space
space
$5,723 | Props total: 29085 29085
 Dead Prezidents said
The money set aside to buy Greenland of course.

Next question.
+3   

4 weeks ago '15        #20
TheCompanyMan  64 heat pts64
space
space
$1,150 | Props total: 3773 3773
Conservatives have zero solutions to any problems facing Americans.
+13   

4 weeks ago '06        #21
Skateboard T  59 heat pts59
space
space
$27,041 | Props total: 46216 46216
 QdobaCasanova said
There’s nothing intrinsically wrong with nuclear energy but everything else checks out.

Will never pass because Americans are conditioned to be stupid.
If fu*king Harry Reid and Nevada state would have honored their end of the deal we would have more storage than we could ever need at Yucca Mountain. Storage of waste is the only problem with nuclear power, and at this point I fear we've missed the boat on nuclear power.

It's a damn shame. I don't think there are many subjects on which the American public has been so egregiously misled and lied to than Nuclear Power.
+1   

4 weeks ago '19        #22
thebestoftimes  3 heat pts3
space
space
space
$452 | Props total: 458 458
 TheCompanyMan said
Conservatives have zero solutions to any problems facing Americans.
neither does liberals, all they want is more big government to tell us what to do and f*** Bernie sanders, he sold his c***sucking a** out when he made a deal with the devil after he knew that DNC robbed him in 2016 and he did nothing, this is why i'm glad I quit the democratic party 12 years ago, because they screwed me and stabbed me in the back, their no better than the gop.

4 weeks ago '04        #23
VictoryThagr8  6 heat pts6
space
space
space
$12,396 | Props total: 4968 4968
 AllWins said

There is a huge difference between Bernie and AOC.
+2   

4 weeks ago '06        #24
Kingme  23 heat pts23
space
space
$12,970 | Props total: 13859 13859
 Dead Prezidents said
 Decan45 said
Increasing the taxes on the wealthy that Trump gave cuts to and by not having a president that funnels 100s of millions of tax payers dollars to his private golf resort
+5   

4 weeks ago '15        #25
TheCompanyMan  64 heat pts64
space
space
$1,150 | Props total: 3773 3773
 thebestoftimes said
neither does liberals, all they want is more big government to tell us what to do and f*** Bernie sanders, he sold his c***sucking a** out when he made a deal with the devil after he knew that DNC robbed him in 2016 and he did nothing, this is why i'm glad I quit the democratic party 12 years ago, because they screwed me and stabbed me in the back, their no better than the gop.
My point exactly. The entire conservative position is reactionary as a means to maintain the status quo.

Everything you wrote ignores the past 30 years of fiscal, monetary, and governmental history.
+5   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  35
Sep 18 - Adult film star Jessica Jaymes is dead at the age of 43
120 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+54online now  28
It’s messed up how true this is