online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

This is why The Wire is the GOAT show

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

5 years ago '05        #1
9316 page views
0 comments

rawchester 
Props total: 29401 29 K  Slaps total: 3519 3 K
This is why The Wire is the GOAT show

YT

Scenes like this are why the Wire is arguably the GOAT show.

In a time when Barksdale is going to war with Marlo, his own empire dwindling and lacking of muscle, He let's cutty, one of his only proven soldiers left, walk free and rid himself of "the game".

You can see the respect all 3 characters have for each other in this scene. Slim taking the blame for the botched hit, Cutty then stepping up and taking ownership of the mistake and Avon appreciating that all things don't always go as planned.

This scene is the embodiment of why Avon is in the position he is in (BOSS STATUS) and why his name holds so much clout. When he asks Cutty what he's going to do because the game is all he knows, you can tell that it's a genuine question and not a statement that belittles Cutty.

Slim Charles - "he was a man back in his day"

Avon - "he a man TODAY, he a man TODAY"!

that exchange is soo deep and such a subtle way to describe and articulate the experience that people in that type of environment go through.

The more I re-watch the wire the greater my respect grows for Avon's character (and Wood harris' acting).
emoji
+255   

icon
best
icon
worst
0 comments

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+3319
Post A Moment That Finished An Artist Career
281 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+5112
Video inside Man builds backyard bar to get away from his wife..
77 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+4111
Video inside This is Janet Jackson. She will be 58 this year 💋
67 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+577
Image(s) inside Now That We are Older, Wiser… Let’s Talk Soul Food