Al Pacino is such a wonderfully sleezy piece of sh-t in Donnie Brasco

most viewed right now
129 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

1 month ago '16        #1
1686 page views
40 comments

JarlesBronson  86 heat pts86
space
space
$6,314 | Props total: 18079 18079
Al Pacino is such a wonderfully sleezy piece of sh-t in Donnie Brasco

Rewatching Donnie Brasco. Pacino is so great at being an overbearing, over compensating wanna be, past his time tough.

The way he gave Depp sh*t for leaving drink money after he got dude for his fu*king Porsche!!
The way he lectures people and his self centeredness. And pretending he'd so important or better

ME THAT'S WHO. NO ONE ELSE

When he's just a sad piece of sh*t

Last edited by JarlesBronson; 08-19-2019 at 12:01 AM..
+23   

best
worst
40 comments

1 month ago '14        #2
strungout  411 heat pts411
space
space
$37,625 | Props total: 93581 93581
ill have to agree with this sentiment..

and i was able to draw resemblance to a few people i know in real life to his donnie brasco character , not anyone in the mob world but just some passed their prime guys who think they got it like that when in fact that they don't....constantly trying to school you ...while being shabby and insignificant
+6   

1 month ago '16        #3
JarlesBronson  86 heat pts86 OP
space
space
 strungout said
ill have to agree with this sentiment..

and i was able to draw resemblance to a few people i know in real life to his donnie brasco character , not anyone in the mob world but just some passed their prime guys who think they got it like that when in fact that they don't....constantly trying to school you ...while being shabby and insignificant
Yes! Exactly. Me too bruh.

Ijust fell out with one dude in particular not too long ago We actually threw hands over something Al Pacino does in this movie CONSTANTLY

he casually tells people to shut up all the time lol

Edit: dude is such a strooge in this movie. He bought a thank you card and stuffed 100 dollars in it lmao

Last edited by JarlesBronson; 08-19-2019 at 03:52 AM..
+5   

1 month ago '17        #4
Rich130  198 heat pts198
space
space
$4,393 | Props total: 13022 13022
 JarlesBronson said
Rewatching Donnie Brasco. Pacino is so great at being an overbearing, over compensating wanna be, past his time tough.

The way he gave Depp sh*t for leaving drink money after he got dude for his fu*king Porsche!!
The way he lectures people and his self centeredness. And pretending he'd so important or better

A “real world” portrayal of most made mafia soldiers.

@
+6   

1 month ago '04        #5
zone3cp  5 heat pts5
space
space
$8,931 | Props total: 37141 37141
fu*ked up how this movie portrayed the real LUCKY RUGGIERO.

Was a real stand up guy and was willing to die because he made the mistake for trusting that rat MF Brasco.
+9   

1 month ago '14        #6
strungout  411 heat pts411
space
space
$37,625 | Props total: 93581 93581
fu*k it this thread prompted me to rewatch the film which I will do later today...
+6   

1 month ago '16        #7
BMC1000  1 heat pts1
space
space
space
$624 | Props total: 2128 2128
 JarlesBronson said

I fu*ked with Lefty he was schoolin Donnie taught him how to dress, walk talk. Everybody in that life gotta get sponsored and put on he was just trying to carry on tradition, way to nice tho imo. I like I when he broke down friend of ours vs just friend I use that irl. He aint a wannabee he clipped 11 guys lol. Plus irl he the only that didn't get k*lled after the sh*t went down.
+8   

1 month ago '19        #8
unit321  76 heat pts76
space
space
$2,587 | Props total: 6160 6160
 JarlesBronson said

I think that made his character. The more nuttier, the more memorable.
+1   

1 month ago '04        #9
SokeSleezy  3 heat pts3
space
space
$13,220 | Props total: 525 525
Sleezy you say?!
+1   

1 month ago '12        #10
Thworldisyours  70 heat pts70
space
space
$11,349 | Props total: 27417 27417
It's interesting comparing his character in this to his character in Devil's Advocate, which Pacino did back to back...
+5   

1 month ago '16        #11
smokeytheblunt2  5 heat pts5
space
space
$10,294 | Props total: 23219 23219
 Rich130 said
A “real world” portrayal of most made mafia soldiers.

@
for sure..............

Al studied wiretaps of Lefty and got a really good feel for who he was(minus the way he dressed, Lefty didn't dress like a bum) and really nailed the lower echelon mob soldier..............

Bruno Kirby and the guy that played Boobie did really well too............

he didn't make it in the movie but Nicky Mouth(Bruno Kurby) went on to become a captain............
+4   

1 month ago '04        #12
justinjones  312 heat pts312
space
space
$53,456 | Props total: 16985 16985
one of those movies that whenever its on i'll watch it
+13   

1 month ago '08        #13
904Nole  3 heat pts3
space
space
$8,885 | Props total: 9649 9649
 Thworldisyours said
It's interesting comparing his character in this to his character in Devil's Advocate, which Pacino did back to back...
Cause Pacino is the sh*t.

Carlito's Way, Scent of a Women, Heat, Devils Advocate, Any Given Sunday, Glengarry Glenn Ross, The Insider, Donnie Brasco.. Pacino was really k*lling sh*t in the 90s with versatile roles
+7   

1 month ago '09        #14
Jet Jagu4r  15 heat pts15
space
space
$2,266 | Props total: 683 683
One of my favorite movies.

To op's point the scene where Donnie and Lefty exchange christmas cards with the same amount of money in it, "Good boy Donny" then on the way out Pacino asks for the money back from Donny and says he'll give it to him another time

Last edited by Jet Jagu4r; 08-19-2019 at 03:40 PM..
+11   

1 month ago '19        #15
FP1305 
space
space
$916 | Props total: 1603 1603
 JarlesBronson said

yeah basically pacino captured the character he was playing..an overlooked in debt mobster who was past his prime
+1   

1 month ago '19        #16
FP1305 
space
space
 BMC1000 said
I fu*ked with Lefty he was schoolin Donnie taught him how to dress, walk talk. Everybody in that life gotta get sponsored and put on he was just trying to carry on tradition, way to nice tho imo. I like I when he broke down friend of ours vs just friend I use that irl. He aint a wannabee he clipped 11 guys lol. Plus irl he the only that didn't get k*lled after the sh*t went down.
he didn't get k*lled cuz he was picked up by the fbi..he was more than likely on the way to get clipped like Sonny...he aint rat tho so I guess he really lived that ish...respected the omerta and all
+3   

1 month ago '06        #17
RAZAH CUTS  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
$60,715 | Props total: 42833 42833
Lefty is one of his greatest mob roles...
+2   

1 month ago '16        #18
JarlesBronson  86 heat pts86 OP
space
space
 904Nole said
Cause Pacino is the sh*t.

Carlito's Way, Scent of a Women, Heat, Devils Advocate, Any Given Sunday, Glengarry Glenn Ross, The Insider, Donnie Brasco.. Pacino was really k*lling sh*t in the 90s with versatile roles
Just watched Glengarry Glenn Ross again today

Jesus Christ is jack lemon a shmuck in it
+1   

1 month ago '17        #19
baku  54 heat pts54
space
space
space
$807 | Props total: 7171 7171
 FP1305 said
he didn't get k*lled cuz he was picked up by the fbi..he was more than likely on the way to get clipped like Sonny...he aint rat tho so I guess he really lived that ish...respected the omerta and all
true, but because he stuck to the omerta the mob gave him a pass and cancelled the contract on his head
+1   

1 month ago '19        #20
Paperjet 
space
space
space
$30 | Props total: 55 55
I just thought he was a sad pathetic character really. An old washed soldier that was constantly overlooked and loyal to guys who could careless.

1 month ago '19        #21
FP1305 
space
space
 baku said
true, but because he stuck to the omerta the mob gave him a pass and cancelled the contract on his head
you know what you right...never thought of it that way...salute bruh

1 month ago '10        #22
MANNYSOSA  18 heat pts18
space
space
$5,665 | Props total: 6139 6139
 Thworldisyours said
Devils advocate is a top 5 dialogue film for me... Pacino just rips through line after line
+1   

1 month ago '04        #23
Grisly  39 heat pts39
space
space
$9,709 | Props total: 7525 7525
lol shoutout to yall

this is a good thread

donnie brasco was a great movie i learned so much from that sh*t

hurt my heart to see Depp have to do em in after earning his trust like that and being around his family but thats how the game goes
+1   

1 month ago '04        #24
xbossxplayax 
space
space
$6,459 | Props total: 4932 4932
still give a benefit of the doubt when i feel like this about OGs that i once looked up to. may be its cuz my own head is grown too big, i got c*cky and start thinking they all washed up. gotta remember the time when everything was jewel tho... to keep myself grounded and not gassed
+2   

1 month ago '07        #25
S.ScRaTch27  8 heat pts8
space
space
$3,978 | Props total: 3062 3062

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+72online now  18
It’s messed up how true this is
40 comments