Aug 18 - Outrage as CO police returned to duty after shooting 19-year-old in the back

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 month ago '06        #1
1309 page views
29 comments

RAZAH CUTS  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
$60,715 | Props total: 42829 42829
Aug 18 - Outrage as CO police returned to duty after shooting 19-year-old in the back

On Thursday, the Colorado Springs Police Department released bodycam video footage of the police murder of 19-year-old De’Von Bailey. By Friday, a police department spokesperson announced that the two officers responsible for his death will return to active duty, indicating that it is unlikely that any charges will be brought.

Bailey was shot to death on August 3. He was the 537th person to be k*lled by police in the US in 2019, according to records collected by the Washington Post. Thirty-three more people have been k*lled by cops in the two weeks since his death, bringing the total up to 570.

According to initial police reports, Sgt. Alan Van’t Land and Officer Blake Evenson responded to a report of an armed personal robbery on East Fountain Boulevard in Colorado Springs, Colorado. The officers identified Bailey and his cousin as suspects, based on the robbery victim’s general description of two black men in their late teens who were wearing shorts.

After officers interviewed the two boys, the first press release from the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office stated, “During the encounter, one suspect reached for a firearm. At least one officer fired a shot at the suspect.” Bailey died of gunshot injuries at a local hospital.

The material released Thursday includes the initial dispatch and the bodycam footage of both officers, which expose the official narrative.

In the video, Bailey and his cousin appear terrified upon being approached by the officers in the middle of a residential street. They repeatedly answer the officers’ questions about their identity, indicating that they do not go by the names of the reported suspects. Bailey appears to place something small in his pocket, before both teens follow commands to put their hands up.

Van’t Land explains that they will be searched for weapons, and the other officer approaches Bailey from the back. When Bailey sprints down the street, the officers yell, “Keep your hands up!” He continues to run but does not give any indication of reaching for a gun or threatening officers. Sgt. Van’t Land then fires eight shots, four of which hit Bailey in the back and elbow, after which he falls to the ground face down.

While the wounds are gushing with blood onto the pavement and he moans in pain, they pull his arms behind his back and search for a gun. After feeling an object in his pants, they cut his shorts off with a blade and retrieve it. It is unclear whether the object was in fact a gun.

The footage ends before Bailey receives any medical attention. He was reportedly transferred to a local hospital, where he died within hours from his wounds.

Both officers were placed on standard administrative leave while the county sheriff’s department carried out an investigation, but those findings were turned over to the District Attorney’s office on Thursday. Though the investigation findings are now under review by the DA office for “several months,” it is highly unlikely that the officers will be charged, especially now that they have returned to active duty. The county sheriff and local police department continue to reiterate that the officers felt threatened, based on their claims that Bailey was reaching for a weapon as he ran away.

Bailey’s family is demanding an independent investigation into the circumstances of the shooting. They are arguing that the police department, sheriff’s office and district attorney’s office are “friends” and therefore cannot carry out an objective investigation.

Their attorney, Darold k*llmer, spoke to reporters on Thursday after the footage was released. “The police appear to argue that they shot Mr. Bailey because they feared he was going for a gun at the time. We think the video shows otherwise.” k*llmer continued, “Mr. Bailey was trying desperately to flee from the police, and he did not have a weapon in his hand. And had not shown any weapon when he was shot in the back and k*lled.”

visit this link https://www.wsws.org/en/a .. /colo-a17.html
+5   

best
worst
29 comments

1 month ago '16        #2
foshoVoodoo  291 heat pts291
space
space
$17,151 | Props total: 40030 40030
because a vote is worth a hundred million miracles

1 month ago '04        #3
datboy|e  19 heat pts19
space
space
$4,306 | Props total: 7083 7083
 RAZAH CUTS said

On Thursday, the Colorado Springs Police Department released bodycam video footage of the police murder of 19-year-old De’Von Bailey. By Friday, a police department spokesperson announced that the two officers responsible for his death will return to active duty, indicating that it is unlikely that any charges will be brought.

Bailey was shot to death on August 3. He was the 537th person to be k*lled by police in the US in 2019, according to records collected by the Washington Post. Thirty-three more people have been k*lled by cops in the two weeks since his death, bringing the total up to 570.

According to initial police reports, Sgt. Alan Van’t Land and Officer Blake Evenson responded to a report of an armed personal robbery on East Fountain Boulevard in Colorado Springs, Colorado. The officers identified Bailey and his cousin as suspects, based on the robbery victim’s general description of two black men in their late teens who were wearing shorts.

After officers interviewed the two boys, the first press release from the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office stated, “During the encounter, one suspect reached for a firearm. At least one officer fired a shot at the suspect.” Bailey died of gunshot injuries at a local hospital.

The material released Thursday includes the initial dispatch and the bodycam footage of both officers, which expose the official narrative.

In the video, Bailey and his cousin appear terrified upon being approached by the officers in the middle of a residential street. They repeatedly answer the officers’ questions about their identity, indicating that they do not go by the names of the reported suspects. Bailey appears to place something small in his pocket, before both teens follow commands to put their hands up.

Van’t Land explains that they will be searched for weapons, and the other officer approaches Bailey from the back. When Bailey sprints down the street, the officers yell, “Keep your hands up!” He continues to run but does not give any indication of reaching for a gun or threatening officers. Sgt. Van’t Land then fires eight shots, four of which hit Bailey in the back and elbow, after which he falls to the ground face down.

While the wounds are gushing with blood onto the pavement and he moans in pain, they pull his arms behind his back and search for a gun. After feeling an object in his pants, they cut his shorts off with a blade and retrieve it. It is unclear whether the object was in fact a gun.

The footage ends before Bailey receives any medical attention. He was reportedly transferred to a local hospital, where he died within hours from his wounds.

Both officers were placed on standard administrative leave while the county sheriff’s department carried out an investigation, but those findings were turned over to the District Attorney’s office on Thursday. Though the investigation findings are now under review by the DA office for “several months,” it is highly unlikely that the officers will be charged, especially now that they have returned to active duty. The county sheriff and local police department continue to reiterate that the officers felt threatened, based on their claims that Bailey was reaching for a weapon as he ran away.

Bailey’s family is demanding an independent investigation into the circumstances of the shooting. They are arguing that the police department, sheriff’s office and district attorney’s office are “friends” and therefore cannot carry out an objective investigation.

Their attorney, Darold k*llmer, spoke to reporters on Thursday after the footage was released. “The police appear to argue that they shot Mr. Bailey because they feared he was going for a gun at the time. We think the video shows otherwise.” k*llmer continued, “Mr. Bailey was trying desperately to flee from the police, and he did not have a weapon in his hand. And had not shown any weapon when he was shot in the back and k*lled.”

This ol opionated biased bullsh*t article

He was terrified because his a*s got caught and they were gonna search him and find that pistol

1 month ago '05        #4
2 Pistolz  18 heat pts18
space
space
$22,425 | Props total: 10059 10059
He shot an armed robber in the back who fled and reached while running with a gun on his waist. He was briefed in the initial report that the suspect had a gun. He repeatedly ordered him to put his hands up before he rightfully shot him.

I'm all for protesting the obvious problem this awful country has with police brutality, especially against my brothers. But this is an incident where the police officer did the right thing.

Was he supposed to wait for him to draw the pistol and hopefully miss?

The people who protest this are fu*king idiots and yall are fu*king the whole game up. They won't take us seriously if we protest everything.

I feel for the young man's family, but we've got to do better raising our kids and putting them in a better position to succeed without violence.

Last edited by 2 Pistolz; 08-18-2019 at 04:45 PM..

1 month ago '10        #5
BIGthingsSON2  3 heat pts3
space
space
$3,984 | Props total: 8253 8253
This what happens when u do dirt. Is what it is
+5   

1 month ago '12        #6
iamsweets  49 heat pts49
space
space
$3,027 | Props total: 7617 7617
 2 Pistolz said
He shot an armed robber in the back who fled and reached while running with a gun on his waist. He was briefed in the initial report that the suspect had a gun. He repeatedly ordered him to put his hands up before he rightfully shot him.

I'm all for protesting the obvious problem this awful country has with police brutality, especially against my brothers. But this is an incident where the police officer did the right thing.

The people who protest this are fu*king idiots and yall are fu*king the whole game up. They won't take us seriously if we protest everything.

I feel for the young man's family, but we've got to do better raising our kids and putting them in a better position to succeed without violence.
I'm almost with you on this one but when I looked at the video. I saw the guy running holding on to the gun because its fallin g out of his hoop shorts. Not necessarily trying to pull it out. But I will acknowledge my bias towards LEOs could be clouding my judgement.

1 month ago '18        #7
Oswaldgatesjr  29 heat pts29
space
space
space
$7,899 | Props total: 18485 18485
 datboy|e said

He was terrified because his a*s got caught and they were gonna search him and find that pistol

I am pro black as hell and yes police k*ll n*ggas and would k*ll me in a heartbeat but alot of the times too n*ggas do be doing suspicious sh*t and they try to paint it like he mysteriously got shot. Nah homie hid the pistol and started running. Not saying that justify the pigs shooting him but if u running with the pistol I dnt knw if u may pull it out and use it in me.
+5   

1 month ago '17        #8
Lite  40 heat pts40
space
space
$7,255 | Props total: 18651 18651
When Bailey sprints down the street, the officers yell, “Keep your hands up!” He continues to run but does not give any indication of reaching for a gun or threatening officers. Sgt. Van’t Land then fires eight shots, four of which hit Bailey in the back and elbow,

it isn't genocide tho

1 month ago '10        #9
MrTripleDouble 
space
space
$3,462 | Props total: 4462 4462
Playing with cops is playing russian roulette, he shouldn't have ran. Cops shoot to k*ll and they don't care about you or your family. You can imagine these cops and there buddies going to the bar after work and congratulating them on their k*ll. I hate cops they didn't have to k*ll him. There is a lot of evil in this world masked as good, be smart and discern properly.
+2   

1 month ago '16        #10
Blunted Sultan  11 heat pts11
space
space
$1,385 | Props total: 4434 4434
 MrTripleDouble said
Playing with cops is playing russian roulette, he shouldn't have ran.
and i will leave it at that

1 month ago '18        #11
LuxuriousGreen  4 heat pts4
space
space
$1,145 | Props total: 2973 2973
Let’s do this, if y’all were in that situation & started chasing the kid for stealing your stuff(or what ever situation y’all want where y’all are giving chase) & you saw him do hand movements near his waist, are you going to take that gamble of him drawing on you & k*lling you or would you draw your weapon & put shots on target.

1 month ago '15        #12
Tully Blanchard  54 heat pts54
space
space
$12,586 | Props total: 69671 69671
sh*t he still could’ve got shot just standing there and “complying”
+5   

1 month ago '07        #13
Damagegadget  495 heat pts495
space
space
$40,983 | Props total: 28362 28362
 datboy|e said

Ok yea so shoot him right. Cspd is notorious for bs too. I’ve had them try to pin robberies on me.. thankfully I study law
+2   

1 month ago '06        #14
sunsetnVine  21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$10,408 | Props total: 7769 7769
 iamsweets said
I'm almost with you on this one but when I looked at the video. I saw the guy running holding on to the gun because its fallin g out of his hoop shorts. Not necessarily trying to pull it out. But I will acknowledge my bias towards LEOs could be clouding my judgement.
cuz u know the rules ... if they see the strap they dumping on you..... he shoulda let the gun fall and kept it mooving..... or took his licks. 20yrs vs death..... with a side of a slim chance your getting away on the run.
+1   

1 month ago '15        #15
germanpier  1 heat pts1
space
space
space
$301 | Props total: 777 777
 LuxuriousGreen said
Let’s do this, if y’all were in that situation & started chasing the kid for stealing your stuff(or what ever situation y’all want where y’all are giving chase) & you saw him do hand movements near his waist, are you going to take that gamble of him drawing on you & k*lling you or would you draw your weapon & put shots on target.
But we would go to jail and face a criminal trial.
No doubt about it.

Have to pay for a lawyer etc.

These pigs get the benefit of the doubt always.
+2   

1 month ago '18        #16
LuxuriousGreen  4 heat pts4
space
space
$1,145 | Props total: 2973 2973
 germanpier said
But we would go to jail and face a criminal trial.
No doubt about it.

Have to pay for a lawyer etc.

These pigs get the benefit of the doubt always.
Facts 1312

Last edited by LuxuriousGreen; 08-18-2019 at 07:53 PM.. Reason: Because
+1   

1 month ago '15        #17
RIPrjacks23  9 heat pts9
space
space
$4,214 | Props total: 8016 8016
 2 Pistolz said

To whom are you referring to when you say "we've" ?

1 month ago '05        #18
autoraptronix  15 heat pts15
space
space
$5,839 | Props total: 2082 2082
 2 Pistolz said

A gun was never found. They gave their real names and one fled. The suspect description was for two black men in shorts. One was shot as he ran away. Your long winded post is essentially misinfo.

There's alot of intentional division and misinformation being put out right now. People need to see news and events like this as sanctioned because they inflame racial tension and community division (and long term, it creates an opening for a federal police force).

Likewise, when online commenters post warped misinfo going one way or the other, it should be looked at the same, intended to play to your emotions to generate a strong reaction. Your future behaviors can then be predicted, profiled, and finally controlled, once you thoughtlessly react to every emotional trigger. Don't let yourself be the mark.

Last edited by autoraptronix; 08-18-2019 at 09:41 PM..
+1   

1 month ago '05        #19
2 Pistolz  18 heat pts18
space
space
 RIPrjacks23 said
To whom are you referring to when you say "we've" ?
Black parents, especially fathers. We. Us.

1 month ago '05        #20
2 Pistolz  18 heat pts18
space
space
I'm going strictly by the video where there appeared to be a gun found on him.

autoraptronix said
A gun was never found. They gave their real names and one fled. The suspect description was for two black men in shorts. One was shot as he ran away. Your long winded post is essentially misinfo.

There's alot of intentional division and misinformation being put out right now. People need to see news and events like this as sanctioned because they inflame racial tension and community division (and long term, it creates an opening for a federal police force).

Likewise, when online commenters post warped misinfo going one way or the other, it should be looked at the same, intended to play to your emotions to generate a strong reaction. Your future behaviors can then be predicted, profiled, and finally controlled, once you thoughtlessly react to every emotional trigger. Don't let yourself be the mark.

1 month ago '15        #21
princebass1988 
space
space
space
$260 | Props total: 902 902
And Jay hova partnering with nfl jiveinng and grinning with his camel trainers in the skybox. Zimmerman walking Jay ain't help us with this and biggies rimes still flowing through his mouth.

1 month ago '16        #22
Bearman413 
space
space
space
$182 | Props total: 229 229
I hate to be the one to say it I tell my son all the time if u ever get in trouble let them arrest u if u did nothing u will get off but running or doing stupid sh*t will get u shot plain and simple its not worth it. I feel sad for the kid and the family but look at the aftermath nothing happened to the white officers they dont give a fu*k behind closed doors those officers are getting praised we got another one fu*king bi*ch a*s motherfu*kers

1 month ago '05        #23
SKEME  49 heat pts49
space
space
$3,909 | Props total: 469 469
White cops love k*lling black folks they laugh about it at gatherings they see you blacks as worthless. Yall got to stand up and f*ght the evil powers do whatever it takes.

1 month ago '07        #24
KeepinItTrill  46 heat pts46
space
space
$57,788 | Props total: 30831 30831
 Damagegadget said
Ok yea so shoot him right. Cspd is notorious for bs too. I’ve had them try to pin robberies on me.. thankfully I study law
can you go into more detail on this or no?

1 month ago '17        #25
Tom Herman  391 heat pts391
space
space
$14,473 | Props total: 50127 50127
 autoraptronix said

A gun was found when they ripped his pants while he was bleeding. And the body cam showed he wasnt set up for the gun

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  34
Sep 18 - Adult film star Jessica Jaymes is dead at the age of 43
120 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  31
Image(s) inside This house in Seattle is $640,000
135 comments