Aug 16 - Note Hidden In Walmart Purse Describes Inhumane Conditions In Chinese Prison

most viewed right now
137 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 month ago '06        #1
3175 page views
52 comments

RAZAH CUTS  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
$60,715 | Props total: 42834 42834
Aug 16 - Note Hidden In Walmart Purse Describes Inhumane Conditions In Chinese Prison

An Arizona woman’s purchase has weighed on her conscience ever since she discovered a chilling note folded up inside, she says.

Christel Wallace opened a zippered pouch in her new Walmart handbag in March and found a mysterious note written in Chinese, The Arizona Daily Star reported on Saturday.

After her daughter-in-law helped her locate a translator, Wallace learned the note was a cry for help describing conditions at a prison in Guangxi, China.

The unidentified person said prisoners work 14-hour days without breaks, endure beatings for unfinished work, and have medical treatment docked from their already-meager pay.

“Being a prisoner in China is even worse than being a horse, cow, sheep, pig or dog in the U.S.,” reads the letter, translated by HuffPost.

“My heart went into my stomach,” Wallace told the Daily Star.

Wallace’s daughter-in-law, Laura Wallace, said the note opened her eyes to the lives of laborers who create such bargain buys. Wanting to help, she decided to spread the word about the note’s contents.

“I don’t have the means or the access to help in any way. So I think this was my way of putting in my two cents,” she told local Tucson station KVOA. “I don’t want this to be an attack on any store ... That’s not the answer. This is happening at all kinds of places and people just probably don’t know.”

A Walmart spokesperson, reached by HuffPost on Monday, encouraged Wallace to contact Walmart and share the note so the company could “verify the letter’s authenticity.”

“We care that our products are sourced responsibly and transparently, and we take allegations like this seriously,” wrote Ragan d*ckens, Walmart’s director of national media relations, in an email. “With the limited information we now have, it is difficult to verify the letter’s authenticity.”

According to Walmart’s “standards for suppliers” posted online, laborers are prohibited from working excessive hours, being forced to work and working without pay.

U.S. consumers have discovered similar pleas for help in Kmart and Saks Fifth Avenue products.

In 2013, a former inmate of China’s Masanjia Labor Camp told The New York Times he’d written a note hidden inside Halloween decorations sold at an Oregon Kmart.

The man, who asked only to be identified by his last name, Zhang, said he wrote 20 different letters during his two-year incarceration, hoping they’d eventually catch the attention of a human rights organization.

Here is the full text of the note, translated by HuffPost:

Inmates in the Yingshan Prison in Guangxi, China are working 14 hours daily with no break/rest at noon, continue working overtime until 12 midnight, and whoever doesn’t finish his work will be beaten. Their meals are without oil and salt. Every month, the boss pays the inmate 2000 yuan [about $290], any additional dishes will be finished by the police. If the inmates are sick and need medicine, the cost will be deducted from the salary. Being a prisoner in China is even worse than being a horse, cow, sheep, pig or dog in the U.S.

visit this link https://www.huffpost.com/ .. b0bb2d086f932b
+16   

best
worst
52 comments

1 month ago '18        #2
ordoabchao  33 heat pts33
space
space
space
$5,302 | Props total: 8577 8577
 RAZAH CUTS said
[IMG]
“I don’t have the means or the access to help in any way. So I think this was my way of putting in my two cents,” she told local Tucson station KVOA.“I don’t want this to be an attack on any store ... That’s not the answer.
No bi*ch, that is the answer
+37   

1 month ago '17        #3
LostTenets  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
$13,242 | Props total: 35436 35436
Magas been ready to attack the chinese
+4   

1 month ago '15        #4
Mystic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
$15,364 | Props total: 35094 35094
The companies response: fu*k them n*ggas

+48   

1 month ago '14        #5
Sphynx  162 heat pts162
space
space
$13,991 | Props total: 53464 53464
The first time this happened a few years back it was was real and they were able to verify the worker and location it came from

Since then labor rights groups manufacture these notes and place them in merchandise hoping that it will go viral like this.

Not saying the conditions ain’t fu*ked up in those work camps, just saying that note was likely written by the Asian friend some white woman with purple hair

1 month ago '15        #6
Mystic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
$15,364 | Props total: 35094 35094
 Sphynx said
The first time this happened a few years back it was was real and they were able to verify the worker and location it came from

Since then labor rights groups manufacture these notes and place them in merchandise hoping that it will go viral like this.

Not saying the conditions ain’t fu*ked up in those work camps, just saying that note was likely written by the Asian friend some white woman with purple hair
They couldn't put an address on it?

1 month ago '07        #7
Funeral James  26 heat pts26
space
space
$17,386 | Props total: 2049 2049
imagine how bad slavery was, cry us a river.
+17   

1 month ago '04        #8
infam0uskills  15 heat pts15
space
space
$9,512 | Props total: 8553 8553
she be aiite
+2   

1 month ago '06        #9
SharpenUrSword  10 heat pts10
space
space
$12,643 | Props total: 8267 8267
im not with the dumb troll sh*t. i just think about the amount of sh*t that says made in china etc...its hard to fathom, how producing, packaging, loading it up on a fu*king barge, then shipping it to the USA (considering the price of fuel) is cheaper than just making it here or closer.

makes no fu*king sense but does at the same time.
+5   

1 month ago '05        #10
OG T Gutta N  13 heat pts13
space
space
$7,343 | Props total: 4875 4875
so what , the bi*ch in jail tho

1 month ago '15        #11
CALL AGAIN 
space
space
$2,512 | Props total: 5494 5494
China is wild. I guess I am an a**hole for immediately thinking Let that wack dude slip up out there, but man imagine that your only hope is pretty much a message in a bottle for hope. Even though it is found and if real no one is gonna do sh*t about it. Especially with this Hong Kong stuff going on. My heart goes out to them that got me through a lot of sh*t never feeling to sorry for myself because there is always someone out there that got it way worse.
+8   

1 month ago '06        #12
991  44 heat pts44
space
space
$8,708 | Props total: 6845 6845
 Funeral James said
imagine how bad slavery was, cry us a river.
So u want sympathy for something u never went through but cant have sympathy on another human living a life of hell? Have a heart and let racism go. U cant even have a heart for others? What the heck man

1 month ago '15        #13
PolygonMafia  4 heat pts4
space
space
$2,237 | Props total: 8202 8202
This is a lot of consumer items. It’s crazy how many of the clothes we wear were made by some 3rd world sweatshop with workers making pennies compared to what the merchandise will be sold for.

We’re all implicit to be honest.

sad reality tho — We also have prison slave labor in this country. Those men and women f*ghting fires last year in California worked on essentially slave wages in conditions more dangerous than most of us will ever work in. That’s fu*ked up. The 13th amendment needs to be revised. Wage slavery that we all participate in is sh*tty as it is - but fu*k these for-profit, bloated prisons and penile institutions using slave labor. At least let them put minimum wage on their books for food/entertainment or towards some online degrees or some sh*t. It’s fu*king draconian and disgusting IMO.

Last edited by PolygonMafia; 08-17-2019 at 12:46 AM..
+7   

1 month ago '12        #14
Ricky Retardo  48 heat pts48
space
space
$8,281 | Props total: 24080 24080

Being a prisoner in China is even worse than being a horse, cow, sheep, pig or dog in the U.S.,” reads the letter, translated by HuffPost.

+4   

1 month ago '05        #15
WCIB  127 heat pts127
space
space
$27,885 | Props total: 16010 16010

Moral of the story: stay out of jail and/or prison.
+5   

1 month ago '17        #16
Stlouisnative  1 heat pts1
space
space
$892 | Props total: 2503 2503
So I don't give a damn about no Chinese people racist mofos
+3   

1 month ago '04        #17
eddiefizzle  133 heat pts133
space
space
$3,266 | Props total: 1047 1047
 Stlouisnative said
The irony...
+8   

1 month ago '09        #18
Knowledgeable  59 heat pts59
space
space
$15,120 | Props total: 12064 12064
 991 said
So u want sympathy for something u never went through but cant have sympathy on another human living a life of hell? Have a heart and let racism go. U cant even have a heart for others? What the heck man

Let racism go?Something we never went through?....Go tell that bullsh*t to all those racist people in the world and if you ain't black don't speak on sh*t that pertains to slavery....if you are black you a house n*gga..

Last edited by Knowledgeable; 08-17-2019 at 02:28 AM..

1 month ago '11        #19
Tooly Da Gawd  33 heat pts33
space
space
$5,824 | Props total: 5462 5462
 Stlouisnative said
What the fu*k is this sentence? Please tell me you're trolling

f*ght racism with racism, yeah thats the answer
+3   

1 month ago '08        #20
thisguymush  4 heat pts4
space
space
$979 | Props total: 639 639
You think Walmart gonna care bout this... they tryna keep their shelves stocked

1 month ago '05        #21
JimDinO77  22 heat pts22
space
space
$27,277 | Props total: 14316 14316
Walmart employees work close to the same conditions
+1   

1 month ago '07        #22
21  1871 heat pts1871
space
space
$67,518 | Props total: 87423 87423
That's fu*ked.

But really don't see this changing ever, unfortunately.

1 month ago '18        #23
jay2cold  13 heat pts13
space
space
$2,245 | Props total: 3738 3738
Sounds like a storyline out of a movie

1 month ago '10        #24
Account001 
space
space
$3,467 | Props total: 387 387
I can't wait till they let "free people" rent criminals... that and the International Prison Battle for Survival.

1 month ago '15        #25
JintsGang1987  11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,988 | Props total: 5996 5996
 Tooly Da Gawd said
What the fu*k is this sentence? Please tell me you're trolling

f*ght racism with racism, yeah thats the answer
Hard to speak up on this without seeming like I'm taking up for dude, I understand where you coming from.

I always talk about my experiences moving furniture. How people treat me upon meeting me. The majority of white people I go to move don't seem to be bigots. In VA, the "Burgs" are somewhere you would expect bigotry. I don't want to say anything to get me banned, but no matter how much I know, and prove how much I know, I'm not white and I'm not of another country's race.

They trust the people who overcharge. The ones who don't care once you send in your deposit. Dealing with people of other race not black or white can take extreme patience being a black man. It can be twice or three times as bad as dealing with the usual black or white guy. If you lose that patience, you start to think all of them hate you regardless.

Not a mindset I fall into, but its so hard being taken seriously as a black man sometimes, if you know A-Z they question you at B.
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+74online now  24
It’s messed up how true this is
44 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  16
Sep 18 - Police Shutdown an Illegal IPTV Service With 50 Million Subscribers