Comcast Is Gouging People Who Watch Too Much Netflix

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

1 month ago '09        #1
3397 page views
59 comments

messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
$75,723 | Props total: 134450 134450
Comcast Is Gouging People Who Watch Too Much Netflix

visit this link https://futurism.com/the- .. -watch-netflix

Bandwidth Hammer

People who stream high definition movies and shows are blowing through internet service provider data caps and getting slapped with higher monthly payments.

The fines paid by these so-called power users, as providers like Comcast and AT&T call them, are a prominent source of revenue for the companies as they try to make up for cancelled cable subscriptions, The Los Angeles Times reports. The companies frame the issue as people who use more bandwidth paying their fair share — but customers who talked to the LA Times said the data caps seem like an annoying punishment for regular internet usage

Got Bilk?

These data limits end up making people pay extra for using the services for which they already pay top dollar, like one Comcast customer who told the LA Times he gets charged an extra $50 for unlimited data usage on top of his $120 monthly bill.

“The first month I blew through the cap like it was nothing,” the customer, James Wright, told the LA Times, “It’s not as hard to go through as you’d think.”

Fast Lane

Stories like Wright’s suggest that internet companies like Comcast never adjusted their service for more data-intensive technology and are instead charging extra for people to use it as intended.

“It’s a nice source of additional [revenue per user],” analyst Craig Moffett told the LA Times.

Comcast didn’t comment on the specific payment plans, but did tell the LA Times that only a small percentage of customers hit their data caps
+3   

best
worst
59 comments

1 month ago '05        #2
pnoi89  18 heat pts18
space
space
$14,112 | Props total: 11236 11236
Yup. I'm paying an extra $50 a month due to their 1 tb monthly download cap limit. Without it, they'll charge you $10 every 100 gb you're over whenever you exceed 1 tb.
+7   

1 month ago '07        #3
bx kid  4 heat pts4
space
space
$7,907 | Props total: 2211 2211
data caps must be in those little towns. I dont have one in nyc. I remember when they first started it but it later was removed.
+6   

1 month ago '15        #4
wapeddell  34 heat pts34
space
space
$374 | Props total: 1683 1683
 bx kid said
data caps must be in those little towns. I dont have one in nyc. I remember when they first started it but it later was removed.
Terabyte Data Internet Usage Plan Availability
Xfinity Internet customers in the following locations have the Terabyte Data Internet Usage Plan:
Alabama
Arizona
Arkansas
California
Colorado
Florida
Georgia
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Michigan
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
New Mexico
Western Ohio
Oregon
South Carolina
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Southwest Virginia
Washington
Wisconsin
The Terabyte Internet Data Usage Plan is suspended in Maine, effective December 1, 2016.

The Terabyte Data Internet Usage Plan does not apply to Xfinity Internet customers on our Gigabit Pro tier of service. The plan also does not apply to Business Internet customers, customers on Bulk Internet agreements, and customers with Prepaid Internet.

Little you say? It's more like a monopoly since their only competition is AT&T. Guess what, they do the same thing unless you cable and phone bundled in.
+11   

1 month ago '14        #5
NineDime  1 heat pts1
space
space
$3,702 | Props total: 5114 5114
That data cap sht is the elephant in the room that nobody seems to acknowledge. Spectrum is cap free as of now, but I can see companies either going full fledge cap, throttling, or some sort of package for more buck$$
+17   

1 month ago '06        #6
fabfob  4 heat pts4
space
space
space
$1,655 | Props total: 765 765
1tb is a lot. Maybe it's time to unplug.

1 month ago '17        #7
DaQCKing  50 heat pts50
space
space
$8,338 | Props total: 34918 34918
With the rise in folks cord cutting, this was easy to see coming
They going after those people using internet cable moreso than streaming
+7   

1 month ago '09        #8
messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1 OP
space
space
$75,723 | Props total: 134450 134450
 DaQCKing said
With the rise in folks cord cutting, this was easy to see coming
They going after those people using internet cable moreso than streaming

there is no alternative to the cable mafia cartel of att cox cumcast century link and verizon. they continually to legally bribe congress to keep the monopolys stranglehold on the american people
+11   

1 month ago '14        #9
Sir Capone 925 
space
space
space
$1,635 | Props total: 510 510
I got Direct TV, an got T-mobile for the cell phone here in Cali. Never have issues with data out here maxing it out with my smart Tv's, Xbox for my lil one. An even on the road with Pandora. Eff Comcast an AT&T they are a rip offs.
+2   

1 month ago '14        #10
BigJino 
space
space
$436 | Props total: 314 314
Anybody else with Xfinity notice their sh*t being throttled when on pr0nhub?
+9   

1 month ago '10        #11
killinemsoftly  1 heat pts1
space
space
$1,979 | Props total: 2810 2810
I have a guy that works for Comcast. Cable boxes and internet...

1 month ago '04        #12
Venom  29 heat pts29
space
space
$14,233 | Props total: 1047 1047
glad i got fios where i dont have to worry about that sh*t
+6   

1 month ago '07        #13
bx kid  4 heat pts4
space
space
 wapeddell said
Xfinity Internet customers in the following locations have the Terabyte Data Internet Usage Plan:
Alabama
Arizona
Arkansas
California
Colorado
Florida
Georgia
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Michigan
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
New Mexico
Western Ohio
Oregon
South Carolina
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Southwest Virginia
Washington
Wisconsin
The Terabyte Internet Data Usage Plan is suspended in Maine, effective December 1, 2016.

The Terabyte Data Internet Usage Plan does not apply to Xfinity Internet customers on our Gigabit Pro tier of service. The plan also does not apply to Business Internet customers, customers on Bulk Internet agreements, and customers with Prepaid Internet.

Little you say? It's more like a monopoly since their only competition is AT&T. Guess what, they do the same thing unless you cable and phone bundled in.
Gotcha. Thanx for the info
+1   

1 month ago '04        #14
nobody  2 heat pts2
space
space
$2,705 | Props total: 2694 2694
Im curious how are you guys using a terabyte of data a month? Im with AT & T fiber and my max month of internet usage was 350 gigs. My average is like 250gigs.

I watch crunchy roll, youtube, netflix, amazon prime etc. I basically stream everything and even torrent anime and im no where near 350 gigs.
+5   

1 month ago '04        #15
Wizzarino 
space
space
$16,513 | Props total: 5437 5437
Xfinity is so trash, it sucks that in some places, that's the only option...
+3   

1 month ago '09        #16
kickzrme  2 heat pts2
space
space
$2,855 | Props total: 6027 6027
Am I missing something a tb of data streaming is a lot data...y'all boys sure you got jobs?

Nah but on the real fu*k Comcast fu*k att fu*k Verizon and fu*k Ajit Pai
+7   

1 month ago '07        #17
TH35  113 heat pts113
space
space
$94,760 | Props total: 21935 21935
 wapeddell said
Alabama
Arizona
Arkansas
California
Colorado
Florida
Georgia
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Michigan
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
New Mexico
Western Ohio
Oregon
South Carolina
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Southwest Virginia
Washington
Wisconsin

Yup they all do the same thing. AT&T isn’t really their comp though. They all divided territories for services.

1 month ago '07        #18
TH35  113 heat pts113
space
space
$94,760 | Props total: 21935 21935
 Wizzarino said
Xfinity is so trash, it sucks that in some places, that's the only option...
Never had it but I heard it’s trash

1 month ago '17        #19
TeamBrinkz 
space
space
space
$935 | Props total: 942 942
central VA baby!!! we thoomin!

1 month ago '07        #20
bx kid  4 heat pts4
space
space
 nobody said
Im curious how are you guys using a terabyte of data a month? Im with AT & T fiber and my max month of internet usage was 350 gigs. My average is like 250gigs.

I watch crunchy roll, youtube, netflix, amazon prime etc. I basically stream everything and even torrent anime and im no where near 350 gigs.
same thing I wanna know
+2   

1 month ago '07        #21
stargod 
space
space
space
$2,771 | Props total: 212 212
sh*t if y'all got kids you will definitely go thru that 1 tb. Last month I got charged an extra $100 thru comcast for going over.3 kids, summertime, they want to stay in all day and not go out like we did in the 90's kids will run up that damn wifi.
+8   

1 month ago '06        #22
~ KiLLa KaZi ~ 
space
space
space
$5,539 | Props total: 3282 3282
 nobody said

Depends on how many ppl in the house .. # of connected devices .. if you have youngins then that sh*t can easily get up there .. youngins stay on the net 24/7

I hit 500GB off Fiber in 8 days just me

sh*t says unlimited but I've read somewhere that if you hit around 9TB then they start askin' questions I'll never hit that tho ..
+4   

1 month ago '11        #23
Slingy  72 heat pts72
space
space
$6,364 | Props total: 6517 6517
i had att 2 years ago. They had me with that 1tb plan but if I also had a tv package they waived it. So i had to pay an extra $20 a month and i just got basic cable. sh*t was stupid. I paid $82 a month for 100 down and 30 up. Now i have Fios and its $45 a month 100 up and down no cap.
+4   

1 month ago '07        #24
tre0624  141 heat pts141
space
space
$22,924 | Props total: 14582 14582
 pnoi89 said
Yup. I'm paying an extra $50 a month due to their 1 tb monthly download cap limit. Without it, they'll charge you $10 every 100 gb you're over whenever you exceed 1 tb.
bro what the fu*k are u downloading every month thats 1TB. This dude got every pr0n ever made
+5   

1 month ago '07        #25
tre0624  141 heat pts141
space
space
$22,924 | Props total: 14582 14582
 bx kid said
same thing I wanna know
them dudes playing with there self at a rate like no man in history. they downloading hell of pr0n lol
+4   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  35
Sep 18 - Adult film star Jessica Jaymes is dead at the age of 43
120 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  34
Image(s) inside This house in Seattle is $640,000