Bruce Lee’s Daughter Tells Quentin Tarantino to ‘Shut Up’ After Latest Comments

most viewed right now
+37  91
59 comments @hiphop

section    |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section The TV/Movie Spot

1 week ago '06        #1
2099 page views
51 comments

SM 41147 heat pts41147
space
space
$142,635 | Props total: 130424 130424
Bruce Lee’s Daughter Tells Quentin Tarantino to ‘Shut Up’ After Latest Comments

+14   

best
worst
51 comments

1 week ago '13        #2
Godric 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,817 | Props total: 4258 4258
Let me bi*ch at you about how you portrayed my father against a fictional character in a fictional movie and let me bi*ch at you some more when you actually explain your point of view.

1 week ago '04        #3
psylence2k 74 heat pts74
space
space
space
$14,040 | Props total: 4834 4834
 Godric said
Let me bi*ch at you about how you portrayed my father against a fictional character in a fictional movie and let me bi*ch at you some more when you actually explain your point of view.
Did you actually read the article ?

Tarantino came out and dissed her pops in real life.

You going to just sit around while someone dissed a family member ?

Last edited by psylence2k; 08-14-2019 at 05:51 PM..
+28   

1 week ago '15        #4
TAG81 111 heat pts111
space
space
$2,720 | Props total: 32327 32327
sh*t..... let me enter the dragon

+2   

1 week ago '04        #5
!!! 384 heat pts384
space
space
$58,121 | Props total: 74267 74267
Let it go.

1 week ago '15        #6
MightyHealthy2 77 heat pts77
space
space
$21,761 | Props total: 50602 50602
Maybe it's me. But this era is wild in regards to how we treat the deceased, especially those who made an impact. I see up here with nipsey, they were doing it with prodigy, MJ, and now people are telling the daughter of Bruce Lee to get over some sneed comments? Stop it, and i like Quentin too. He opened pandora's box speaking on Bruce; how you trash someone who can't speak for himself? And what is his daughter supposed to do? Ignore it? fu*k outta here.

TMC
+30   

1 week ago '18        #7
Armstrong 102 
space
space
space
$1,002 | Props total: 1959 1959
Quentin ever around Bruce Lee ? How would Quentin know Lee
+5   

1 week ago '15        #8
CALL AGAIN 
space
space
$2,444 | Props total: 5339 5339
I didn’t even know he replied let me hear this out. I usually don’t care but I am inspired heavily by both men surely it can’t be true WT cold dissed him, but this is crazy the most i ever heard from the daughter. Brandon Lee is a hero of me he is from my hometown and i remember as a wee lad before i even knew the whole thing and before the crow he did events like his pops would do around the Bay. One of my friends lives by Bruce tho the whole train every muscle thing and he even gets offended when i say sh*t like Jackie Chan would beat him just talkin’ sh*t.
+1   

1 week ago '15        #9
CALL AGAIN 
space
space
$2,444 | Props total: 5339 5339
Non issue it was like I said before. He even said the same sh*t i posted like a month ago. I remember reading in a Bruce Lee Biography he even admitted himself for a poor Chinese American always sh*tted on once he came up it blew his head up some as it would do anyone. He handled it tho and got grounded and started going back to SF and HK more and get back grounded. Also that was the point of the whole fu*king movie ‘Cliff’ is an amalgam a fictional character that legend that QT introduced before with ‘Stuntman Bob’ in deathProof with all the old mythos of LaLa Land of yesteryear. For fu*ks sakes he took down a good portion of the manson family off lsd and rewrote history lol damn man the internet and youtube ‘online’ reality got everyone taking sh*t too serious. ‘Once Upon a time...America was still problematic and prejudice, but Hell atleast it made sense,,,’ oh sh*t i might needa start a script xD

1 week ago '18        #10
BradTheGreat 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,992 | Props total: 4095 4095
QT was definitely out of line for what he said and Bruce daughter has every right to be upset.

He talking real reckless about the man, but his opinion about him is not on facts but from the angle of "what he heard", which is quite frankly corny as hell.

Especially when he's talking about how Bruce Lee stated he could beat up Muhammad Ali because his wife made that statement on her book, but forgets to mentioned that it wasn't even said by Bruce Lee but by a writer who thought that Bruce Lee could.

And that in itself is corny and lame as hell.

I might have to skip on this film, only on the sole basis that Quentin is on some other bullsh*t.
+7   

1 week ago '04        #11
psylence2k 74 heat pts74
space
space
space
 Armstrong 102 said
Quentin ever around Bruce Lee ? How would Quentin know Lee
He was only around 10 when Lee passed.

either he's going off rumors or he "heard" stuff from the older Hollywood crowd that might've been around at that time.

Let's remember this is 1960's Hollywood though. A minority who carried himself with the confidence Lee did probably rubbed alot of people the wrong way. The same thing with Ali at the time. Alot of people hated Ali back then and called him arrogant too. People that worked with Bruce in China like a young unknown Jackie Chan already been told stories of how cool Bruce was to him.

A Bruce Lee biographer also already came out and said Lee never dissed Ali like that either.

Last edited by psylence2k; 08-15-2019 at 04:52 AM..
+11   

1 week ago '12        #12
Klasicktha1 10 heat pts10
space
space
$2,071 | Props total: 3874 3874
And she would beat the shyt outta him lmao
+4   

1 week ago '16        #13
Yaggy 6 heat pts
space
space
$3,009 | Props total: 4279 4279
fu*k Tarantino

Fake a*s smut maker
+4   

1 week ago '12        #14
Thworldisyours 70 heat pts70
space
space
$11,209 | Props total: 26981 26981
Bruce Lee’s Daughter Tells Quentin Tarantino to ‘Shut Up’ After Latest Comments (EXCLUSIVE)
By Audrey Cleo Yap

Bruce Lee’s daughter, Shannon Lee, is responding to director Quentin Tarantino’s latest comments regarding her father’s portrayal in the film “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.”

“He could shut up about it,” she told Variety. “That would be really nice. Or he could apologize or he could say, ‘I don’t really know what Bruce Lee was like. I just wrote it for my movie. But that shouldn’t be taken as how he really was.'”

Tarantino recently defended his depiction of the Asian American martial arts legend (portrayed by Mike Moh) as an arrogant blowhard. “Bruce Lee was kind of an arrogant guy,” Tarantino said at a recent press junket in Moscow. “The way he was talking, I didn’t just make a lot of that up. I heard him say things like that, to that effect. If people are saying, ‘Well he never said he could beat up Muhammad Ali,’ well yeah, he did. Not only did he say that, but his wife, Linda Lee, said that in her first biography I ever read. She absolutely said that.””

Not the case, Shannon Lee says.

One of the things that’s troubling in his response is that, on the one hand, he wants to put this forward as fact and, on the other hand, he wants to stay in fiction,” she added.

Lee said that her father’s confidence could be mistaken for arrogance and does not call him a “perfect man.” However, she noted that the kind of criticism Tarantino draws on is one that she has heard before, primarily from other white men who were in martial arts and in Hollywood.

The passage in his wife Linda Lee Cadwell’s book, “Bruce Lee: The Man I Only Knew,” that Tarantino appears to refer to is a quote from a critic, who wrote that “Those who watched [Bruce] Lee would bet on Lee to render Cassius Clay senseless,” and not from the author herself.

“[Tarantino] can portray Bruce Lee however he wanted to, and he did,” Shannon Lee said. “But it’s a little disingenuous for him to say, ‘Well this is how he was, but this is a fictional movie, so don’t worry too much about it.’”

Bruce Lee’s protege and training partner Dan Inosanto also rejected the idea that Lee would have bragged about being able to defeat Muhammad Ali in a previous interview with Variety.

The former TV host and current executive producer of Cinemax’s “Warrior” (based on a TV treatment Bruce Lee wrote), Shannon Lee is the caretaker of her father’s estate and charity foundation.

Lee was returning from a trip to Hong Kong where she had been working with the Hong Kong Heritage Museum on refreshing its Bruce Lee exhibit and expanding a martial arts summer camp program when she heard about Tarantino’s response to criticism about the film’s portrayal of her late father.

She's absolutely right
+23   

1 week ago '19        #15
Brutus Beefcake 3 heat pts
space
space
$98 | Props total: 319 319
 !!! said
Let it go.

Some weird dudes on here.
+5   

1 week ago '17        #16
lucifershammer 21 heat pts21
space
space
$6,184 | Props total: 29958 29958
I understand it's her dad but her dad was a public figure. There's going to be some interpretive views of him

1 week ago '05        #17
halfadash 86 heat pts86
space
space
space
$2,289 | Props total: 1934 1934
 MightyHealthy2 said
Maybe it's me. But this era is wild in regards to how we treat the deceased, especially those who made an impact. I see up here with nipsey, they were doing it with prodigy, MJ, and now people are telling the daughter of Bruce Lee to get over some sneed comments? Stop it, and i like Quentin too. He opened pandora's box speaking on Bruce; how you trash someone who can't speak for himself? And what is his daughter supposed to do? Ignore it? fu*k outta here.

TMC
Integrity is pretty low. And that level has become the norm. It's unfortunate.
+5   

1 week ago '19        #18
Punch Out 2 heat pts
space
space
$368 | Props total: 1182 1182
Can she f*ght like her dad?

1 week ago '17        #19
Maladar 
space
space
$397 | Props total: 840 840
It's a movie, NOT REAL LIFE. He made Bruce Lee how he wanted to appear in his vision for this film. Why is this so fu*king hard to understand for people?

Hundreds of people get shot up and blood is flying everywhere in all his films, but portray Bruce Lee differently than ever before and people lose their minds.

fu*king priorities.

1 week ago '04        #20
nwking 87 heat pts87
space
space
$5,224 | Props total: 7504 7504
It's her dad if she feels some type of way I get. QT needs to just fall back not say another word about it again and let it be.

1 week ago '17        #21
GodBody 311 heat pts311
space
space
$3,643 | Props total: 27814 27814
 Maladar said
It's a movie, NOT REAL LIFE. He made Bruce Lee how he wanted to appear in his vision for this film. Why is this so fu*king hard to understand for people?

Hundreds of people get shot up and blood is flying everywhere in all his films, but portray Bruce Lee differently than ever before and people lose their minds.

fu*king priorities.
Why can't you understand that shes not some fan bi*ching. Shes a daughter who is defending her actual father. Regardless of it being fake or real to you and QT that is still her fu*king father and she has every right in the world feel a way about the way he was protrayed because again (and this time in caps) IT IS HER fu*kING FATHER! Not yours, hence the reason why you don't care. You don't have an emotional attachment to it to feel anything about it but she does. FOH
+9   

1 week ago '05        #22
nukchristo 
space
space
space
$404 | Props total: 137 137
At first I thought they portrayed Bruce Lee wrong. Then on second viewing it made sense. The Bruce Lee scene was a flashback, in cliff booths head, who may have k*lled his wife with a harpoon, and is dealing with the realization his career is over. He was coping with the fact he can't get work because he was f*ghting with Bruce Lee on set. In his head is "I can't get work, but at least I kicked Bruce Lee's a*s." But it's up to the viewer to decide if he really kicked his a*s or If he was exaggerating in his head. If you don't understand this, yes you could be offended how Bruce Lee wad portrayed.

But being able to hang with Bruce Lee in a f*ght tells us cliff booth is a bad man.

1 week ago '15        #23
Mista7 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$561 | Props total: 2216 2216
Why didn't QT dirty up the other legacies on set? Oh yea I know why

+2   

1 week ago '04        #24
skillahmang 3 heat pts
space
space
$29,037 | Props total: 24794 24794
Bruce Lee stans the worse.

1 week ago '04        #25
psylence2k 74 heat pts74
space
space
space
 nukchristo said
At first I thought they portrayed Bruce Lee wrong. Then on second viewing it made sense. The Bruce Lee scene was a flashback, in cliff booths head, who may have k*lled his wife with a harpoon, and is dealing with the realization his career is over. He was coping with the fact he can't get work because he was f*ghting with Bruce Lee on set. In his head is "I can't get work, but at least I kicked Bruce Lee's a*s." But it's up to the viewer to decide if he really kicked his a*s or If he was exaggerating in his head. If you don't understand this, yes you could be offended how Bruce Lee wad portrayed.

But being able to hang with Bruce Lee in a f*ght tells us cliff booth is a bad man.
It's not up for the viewers to decide , the flashback (meaning actual recollection of a real event) showed in detail what happened, it's not like it left anything open to interpretation.

Unless you want to say Cliff was actually IMAGINING large parts if not the WHOLE f*ght, then it's not really a flashback but more of a daydream. Which makes no sense to why Cliff would "understand" people not wanting to hire him off a daydream he thought up in his head that didn't happen.

On top of that Tarantino originally wanted Lee to lose the third round too meaning lose the whole f*ght.

So no, this wasn't really left to the fans to decide.

and Tarantino's explanation of WHY Cliff would win (simply because he's a war vet) was dumb as well.

They allegedly did portray Lee wrong, Tarantino said his words on Ali were based on real life quotes but the biographer gave citations that prove the opposite.

They also had Bruce Lee f*ghting in a way Bruce Lee very likely would NOT f*ght like, if you actually knew his f*ghting style then on top of that they had him slow as sh*t.

So potentially everything from his words to his actual f*ghting skill, speed, and style were fabricated to make him look like joke.

The whole thing made him look lesser than what he was in all aspects obviously because Tarantino wanted to turn him into a punchline.
+6   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+42online now  58
Image(s) inside BREAKING... Tee Grizzly Shot Up In Detroit, Manager Killed
295 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  38
Video inside List of Ideal Traits Japanese Girls Want in a Guy Based On a New Study
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+31online now  38
Workout Change the look of your body in only 2 workouts w/ The Snatch Grip Hig..
53 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+55online now  21
Video inside High school cafeteria in Texas
119 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy