I knew it was Coming, Eric Reid comes for Jayz and Nfl

most viewed right now
+37  88
59 comments @hiphop

section    |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section BX SportsCenter

1 week ago '16        #1
7052 page views
111 comments

Frankie Needles 94 heat pts94
space
space
space
$3,055 | Props total: 14164 14164
I knew it was Coming, Eric Reid comes for Jayz and Nfl

Eric Reid Rips NFL's 'Disingenuous' Social Justice Partnership With Jay-Z, Roc Nation

EMILY CARON August 14, 2019
Panthers safety Eric Reid ripped the NFL's new agreement with Jay-Z's Roc Nation, calling the partnership "disingenuous" given the "collective blackballing" of former 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick.

Reid, who played with Kaepernick in San Francisco, said it was a way for the league to "act like they care about people of color."

The NFL announced the formation of the "entertainment and social justice partnership" with Jay-Z's group on Tuesday. The deal makes Roc Nation co-producers of the Super Bowl halftime show and gives the group the power to choose entertainers to perform in NFL content throughout the season, as well as the opportunity to work with the league's current social justice campaigns, among other things.

Reid shared a series of tweets critical of the partnership and responded to a statement posted on Twitter by former ESPN personality Jemele Hill, confirming that Kaepernick—who last played in 2016—did not play a role in the league's new partnership.

A fan then commented that given Reid's status as an active NFL player, it seemed "kinda weird" to him for him to start playing again despite his ongoing grievances against the league which sparked a passionate response from the current Carolina safety.

"You & some others seem to misunderstand that we had no beef with the NFL until they started perpetuating the systemic oppression that we are f*ghting by blackballing Colin and then me," Reid wrote. "Nah I won’t quit playing but I will be a royal pain in the NFL’s a** for acting like they care about people of color by forming numerous disingenuous partnerships to address social injustice while collectively blackballing Colin, the person who brought oppression and social injustice to the forefront of the NFL platform."

Reid announced earlier this summer that he plans to continue to kneel during the playing of the national anthem to protest police brutality and racial inequality, as he has done over the past few seasons. Kaepernick started demonstrating during the anthem during the 2016 preseason, and Reid—then his teammate—soon joined him.

The two later sued the NFL, alleging that teams colluded in not signing them because of their protest. The case was settled earlier this year. While Reid has continued his NFL career with the Panthers, Kaepernick remains unsigned.

Jay-Z reportedly turned down the opportunity to perform at Super Bowl LI in 2018. At a concert around the same time, Jay-Z dedicated a song to Kaepernick and has been seen wearing Kaepernick jerseys. The rapper has been a vocal supporter of the free-agent quarterback since he began kneeling and has been the subject of considerable backlash on social media following the announcement of Roc Nation's partnership with the same league he criticized just one year ago.
visit this link https://amp.si.com/nfl/20 .. mpression=true

These cats about to show their hand, it's not about improving black issues. This is about THEM or specifically Kaepernick.

This is how progress gets made. Sometimes the people who start a movement don't get all the glory or are they involved with every aspect of that progress. To think that everything HAS to involve Kaepernick shows what the critics have been saying all along, that this was about one man and not the "cause". This Jay deal should be celebrated as a chance to make a difference and affect change, but because certain people aren't getting credit or a seat at the table, they're in their feelings.
+43   

best
worst
111 comments

1 week ago '08        #2
VerbalAssassin 129 heat pts129
space
space
$19,186 | Props total: 11132 11132
+49   

1 week ago '19        #3
Tokinj approved 265 heat pts265
space
space
$1,153 | Props total: 15887 15887
+7   

1 week ago '06        #4
droid3000 1235 heat pts1235
space
space
$33,218 | Props total: 49435 49435
this guys an idiot

1 week ago '19        #5
Droopy 86 heat pts86
space
space
$1,018 | Props total: 4766 4766
Jay z is a clown no wonder meek mill been holding his d*ck lately
+3   

1 week ago '10        #6
Big Louie Guwop 176 heat pts176
space
space
$15,759 | Props total: 22492 22492
 Droopy said
Jay z is a clown no wonder meek mill been holding his d*ck lately
Baggio you the last n*gga allowed to be calling well respected men clowns
+36   

1 week ago '05        #7
Tha Boss 63 heat pts63
space
space
space
$27,259 | Props total: 56365 56365
So nfl trying to do better is still seen as a negative
+47   

1 week ago '05        #8
Tha Boss 63 heat pts63
space
space
space
 Big Louie Guwop said
Baggio you the last n*gga allowed to be calling well respected men clowns
This the 18th or 27th account for him
+3   

1 week ago '19        #9
SuperPawgHunter 22 heat pts22
space
space
$1,565 | Props total: 4455 4455
Black people, all we do is talk about what we NEED to do. You can slap my post, but you know it's true. If we were on our sh*t, we wouldn't be where we are. Racism explains only half the story. Racism is offense, but we're playing poor defense and poor offense. No team chemistry. This is why we lose.

My point is, black people instinctively know we have no real community, and they're not leaving a bag on the table for a fractured community that knows it's fractured, but don't do enough to change it.

There are a lot of sell-outs, sure, but what about the vast majority of the community selling themselves short? It's easy for some people to sell out a community that they don't take seriously. Black people will cancel you(Destroy), but what do we build?

Most of us can't leave our house and apply to a black owned company that'll pay us good money. Most of us can't do that, if not all. You know how bad that is? It's like you're doomed to work for white or non-black people.

Last edited by SuperPawgHunter; 08-14-2019 at 11:02 AM..
+70   

1 week ago '16        #10
MHP Trotty 505 heat pts505
space
space
$14,439 | Props total: 58399 58399
 Tha Boss said
So nfl trying to do better is still seen as a negative
No, he’s upset that the NFL blackballed Kap after they “heard him” and got their sh*t together. The NFL is working with everyone other than Kap because of the optics that would make it seem like Kap fought the league and won. There’s way too many people who sh*t on Kap who would be angry and take their money away from the NFL if they took the time to acknowledge him publicly.
+26   

1 week ago '07        #11
stogz 20 heat pts20
space
space
$48,717 | Props total: 64456 64456
I mean, you have to question it.

The NFL is a league of 32 owners who all support trump. Who all support policies that take from everyone to give to themselves. Who treat players like mere commodities... to be discarded at any point in time, once they lose a bit of usefulness.

How is that kind of organization, with those kinds of people... an attractive entity that you want to do business with?
+32   

1 week ago '04        #12
biscuit 134 heat pts134
space
space
$27,525 | Props total: 22722 22722
How gangster would Jay-Z be if he signed Kaep to Roc Nation as a public speaker and incorporated him into this whole sh*t

That kind of a Trojan Horse would give me respect for Hov on another level.
+36   

1 week ago '05        #13
Tha Boss 63 heat pts63
space
space
space
 MHP Trotty said
No, he’s upset that the NFL blackballed Kap after they “heard him” and got their sh*t together. The NFL is working with everyone other than Kap because of the optics that would make it seem like Kap fought the league and won. There’s way too many people who sh*t on Kap who would be angry and take their money away from the NFL if they took the time to acknowledge him publicly.
If they both were protesting and f*ghting for the injustice (rightfully so) why do you honk Eric is and has been playing but not Colin?
+1   

1 week ago '16        #14
space
space
 SuperPawgHunter said
Black people, all we do is talk about what we NEED to do. You can slap my post, but you know it's true. If we were on our sh*t, we wouldn't be where we are. Racism explains only half the story. Racism is offense, but we're playing poor defense and poor offense. No team chemistry. This is why we lose.

My point is, black people instinctively know we have no real community, and they're not leaving a bag on the table for a fractured community that knows it's fractured, but don't do enough to change it.

There are a lot of sell-outs, sure, but what about the vast majority of the community selling themselves short? It's easy for some people to sell out a community that they don't take seriously. Black people will cancel you(Destroy), but what do we build?

Most of us can't leave our house and apply to a black owned company that'll pay us good money. Most of us can't do that, if not all. You know how bad that is? It's like you're doomed to work for white or non-black people.
You speaking for a whole lot of people super fat a*s white girl hunter
+27   

1 week ago '07        #15
N.O.4Life 77 heat pts77
space
space
$25,366 | Props total: 23197 23197
I think Jay have a bigger plan.Ill just sit back and watch
+8   

1 week ago '19        #16
SuperPawgHunter 22 heat pts22
space
space
$1,565 | Props total: 4455 4455
 MHP Trotty said
You speaking for a whole lot of people super fat a*s white girl hunter
Dude, you can deflect, but you can't explain away what I said.

How do you explain our global situation?

Sustained racism requires an agenda and an acceptance of said agenda.

Complaining about a system, but perpetuating it with your money and inaction is acceptance of it.

This is going to be true whether I like white girls or not.

1 week ago '16        #17
space
space
 Tha Boss said
If they both were protesting and f*ghting for the injustice (rightfully so) why do you honk Eric is and has been playing but not Colin?
Because Eric was there so was Kenny Stills but they are to the side, the face of the whole “movement” is Kap and the end result is it’s different rules to how they are dealt with.

It’s easier for the Feds to cut a deal with the #2 or #3 guy in a criminal organization who people don’t have strong opinions once they hear their name. You can’t cut a deal with John Gotti, Pablo, El Chapo, etc to get them off when they are the biggest fish even if they agreed to snitch.

Same rules apply.
+4   

1 week ago '16        #18
space
space
 SuperPawgHunter said
Dude, you can deflect, but you can't explain away what I said.

How do you explain our global situation?

Sustained racism requires an agenda and an acceptance of said agenda.

Complaining about a system, but perpetuating it with your money and inaction is acceptance of it.

This is going to be true whether I like white girls or not.
We talking Kap & Jay. I’m not bout to get into that with you in here, you know what section you need to go to pose these questions in hopes of getting a fair response. When you do that, @ me.
+6   

1 week ago '14        #19
Los Pollos 12 heat pts12
space
space
$6,298 | Props total: 10608 10608

1 week ago '07        #20
timdog 1134 heat pts1134
space
space
$39,555 | Props total: 32721 32721
Jay for the "culture" they said
+6   

1 week ago '14        #21
Los Pollos 12 heat pts12
space
space
 stogz said
I mean, you have to question it.

The NFL is a league of 32 owners who all support trump. Who all support policies that take from everyone to give to themselves. Who treat players like mere commodities... to be discarded at any point in time, once they lose a bit of usefulness.

How is that kind of organization, with those kinds of people... an attractive entity that you want to do business with?
You’ve just described every sports league.

Oh that’s right the NBA isn’t racist because they don’t use the word owner anymore
+8   

1 week ago '07        #22
stogz 20 heat pts20
space
space
$48,717 | Props total: 64456 64456
 Los Pollos said
You’ve just described every sports league.

Oh that’s right the NBA isn’t racist because they don’t use the word owner anymore
No jackass, many owners in the nba have spoken out against trump. The nba increasingly tries to do the right thing regarding race, s*xual preference, gender.

... i wouldn't expect someone of your intellect to see that though.
+2   

1 week ago '10        #23
Big Louie Guwop 176 heat pts176
space
space
$15,759 | Props total: 22492 22492
 Tha Boss said
This the 18th or 27th account for him
sh*t prolly his 36th
+3   

1 week ago '14        #24
Los Pollos 12 heat pts12
space
space
 stogz said
No jackass, many owners in the nba have spoken out against trump. The nba increasingly tries to do the right thing regarding race, s*xual preference, gender.

... i wouldn't expect someone of your intellect to see that though.
I’m not talking about the Trump sh*t dumbass. I’m talking about the rest. Who gives a fu*k what president they support when they’re all money hungry rich people that make way more than the players? What difference does it make?

You idiots think the NFL and Trump are the only ones pandering? That’s exactly what Democrats and other leagues do. fu*king sheep. That’s why I get labeled a Trump supporter, because I can’t help but notice people say sh*t about him that every politician has done like it’s something new.

Last edited by Los Pollos; 08-14-2019 at 12:14 PM..

1 week ago '04        #25
Tikyle2 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,317 | Props total: 2497 2497
 Frankie Needles said
These cats about to show their hand, it's not about improving black issues. This is about THEM or specifically Kaepernick.
You sound like Dolphins owner Stephen Ross trying to say he cares about racial equality with his non-profits but then fundraises for Trump. You can't have it both ways bruh! You can't say you're for social justice while you are blackballing a player for bringing up social justice. It don't work that way. You have to show and prove and not just do lip service and have fancy initiatives that mean nothing.

The NFL just wants all this to go away so they throw some money at JayZ and put a fancy initiative behind it and call it a day, yet they don't even address the injustice going on inside their own league offices. That's bullsh*t and everyone knows it.
+6   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+42online now  58
Image(s) inside BREAKING... Tee Grizzly Shot Up In Detroit, Manager Killed
295 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  38
Video inside List of Ideal Traits Japanese Girls Want in a Guy Based On a New Study
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+31online now  38
Workout Change the look of your body in only 2 workouts w/ The Snatch Grip Hig..
53 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+55online now  21
Video inside High school cafeteria in Texas
119 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy