Aug 14 - Being transgender is not a mental health problem

most viewed right now
+38  92
57 comments @hiphop

section    |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section Wild Ish /unrated

1 week ago '19        #1
2646 page views
162 comments

Amarula 37 heat pts37
space
space
$506 | Props total: 2580 2580
Aug 14 - Being transgender is not a mental health problem

World Health Organization has changed the classification of transgender in its diagnoses

The World Health Organization took what many doctors and advocates believe is a big step this week towards removing the stigma around transgender people.

Their health issues will no longer be classified as mental and behavioural disorders in the WHO global manual of diagnoses. Instead, transgender will soon be under a chapter on s*xual health.

Changes to the diagnostic manual were first announced in 2018 and approved at the WHO a*sembly on Saturday.

"It was taken out from mental health disorders because we had a better understanding that this was not actually a mental health condition, and leaving it there was causing stigma." said Dr. Lale Say, a WHO reproductive health expert.

The move was meant to create better access to medical care and allow transgender people to speak candidly about their health issues. Human Rights Watch predicted the change would have a "liberating effect worldwide." Graeme Reid, lesbian, gay, bis*xual, transgender rights director at for the WHO hailed the move as an important recognition and called for immediate changes.

"Governments should swiftly reform national medical systems and laws that require this now official outdated diagnosis," he said in a statement.

Elizabeth Saewyc, the executive director of the Stigma and Resilience Among Vulnerable Youth Centre at the University of British Columbia, was involved in the consultations. She called the change important, even though it may seem to some as a minor bureaucratic redefinition.

"This helps further to let people know that the leading health authority in the world has looked at the evidence and they're saying this is a normal variation of humankind," Saewyc said in an interview.

Doctors, she said, have traditionally acted as gatekeepers for people who seek to transition. Saewyc, a nursing professor, hoped the new guidelines would clarify the procedure.

"In many parts of the world, and in some parts of Canada, it has been 'We decide whether or not you're really trans, we decide whether or not you fit the mental health diagnosis and therefore eligible for this care,'" such as hormone drugs and surgery. "So it's gatekeeping rather than readiness preparation."

Like Saewyc, Dr. Stephen Feder, co-director of the Gender Diversity Clinic at the Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario in Ottawa, is pleased with the changes, especially in how it will help parents understand the challenges kids and teens face.

"The parents frequently express concern, concern that there may be a mental health issue that's clouding the diagnosis, clouding their [children's] judgment. I feel the more we validate the normality of this phenomenon, the better able the parents will be to respond to their children's needs and to play the strong supportive role that is so critically important."

Still there are many questions about the practical implications of the change and what it will mean. Nine international organizations working on gender identity said in a joint statement: "Although placement in this chapter is an improvement, it is by no means perfect. For example, it is somewhat reductive to define trans health as related only to s*xual health."

Gender diversity experts believe transgender issues transcend s*xual health and should include its emotional and educational aspects.

Saewyc added that in parts of the world where transgender people are marginalized and stigmatized, strong opposition remains.

"I think that we don't know yet the widespread potential impact this is going to have in terms of law and policy, as well as health care and access to health care."

Nations have until January 2022 to implement the changes.

visit this link https://www.cbc.ca/news/h .. -icd-1.5155029

best
worst
162 comments

1 week ago '05        #2
Based_One 92 heat pts92
space
space
$11,215 | Props total: 13342 13342
Yeah, iight sure
+33   

1 week ago '16        #3
BathWaterMelody 58 heat pts58
space
space
$8,937 | Props total: 32830 32830
congrats to them.

1 week ago '12        #4
OldBusiness 183 heat pts183
space
space
$31,829 | Props total: 61669 61669
This is old, whats the point of the thread
+2   

1 week ago '19        #5
Amarula 37 heat pts37 OP
space
space
 OldBusiness said
This is old, whats the point of the thread
still a great deal of oppression and torment that transgenders face from society, due to ignorance.

1 week ago '04        #6
Exs 545 heat pts545
space
space
$15,096 | Props total: 37475 37475
If I look down when taking a shower and see my d*ck and then behave as if I don't have a d*ck then I could see myself having a mental disorder
+82   

1 week ago '16        #7
BathWaterMelody 58 heat pts58
space
space
$8,937 | Props total: 32830 32830
 Exs said
If I look down when taking a shower and see my d*ck and then behave as if I don't have a d*ck then I could see myself having a mental disorder
+17   

1 week ago '07        #8
pete jr 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,031 | Props total: 4006 4006
If a dog thinks it’s a cat, we are able to identify there’s something mentally wrong with the dog.

But if a man thinks he’s a woman, in spite of biologically a man. Somehow that’s not a mental disorder?

This is what happens when society becomes female centric. Emotions become reality on spite of objective truths that say otherwise
+43   

1 week ago '07        #9
sleep23rd 10 heat pts10
space
space
$8,394 | Props total: 5450 5450
lmao the experts and doctors don't want to take accountability in determining that they r mentally Ill so they hope to create new guidelines (passing the buck) that would "Clarify" the procedure....

"Doctors, she said, have traditionally acted as gatekeepers for people who seek to transition. Saewyc, a nursing professor, hoped the new guidelines would clarify the procedure."
+5   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 week ago '15        #10
PineappleOG 51 heat pts51
space
space
$10,503 | Props total: 23629 23629
Not a mental health issue yet their suicide rates are through the roof
+31   

1 week ago '19        #11
Amarula 37 heat pts37 OP
space
space
 pete jr said
If a dog thinks itís a cat, we are able to identify thereís something mentally wrong with the dog.

But if a man thinks heís a woman, in spite of biologically a man. Somehow thatís not a mental disorder?

This is what happens when society becomes female centric. Emotions become reality on spite of objective truths that say otherwise
females have two x chromosomes and males have an x and y , some people are born with xxy etc , so i think chromosomes play a huge role in gender identity

1 week ago '05        #12
YoungHope 5 heat pts
space
space
$486 | Props total: 1003 1003
They want to normalize it by removing the stigma of mental health issue so this bureaucratic change should allow transgenders to get help with their underlying issues, separately.

Just like they tried to make gay dudes believe they can be bi-s*xual, it allowed for them to 'come out' in turn ,they get tested more often
+6   

1 week ago '05        #13
old head 205 heat pts205
space
space
$20,736 | Props total: 26259 26259
 Exs said
+10   

1 week ago '14        #14
titans7 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,646 | Props total: 27456 27456
 Exs said
Very true and also if you tell the world you are a woman but still need to go to the doctor for prostate exams then you might be an ugly man in a wig and a dress.

If you claim to be a man but your darn inconvenient v*gina keeps on bleeding once a month then you might be a mentally ill lesbian who wears mens baggy clothes.
+12   

1 week ago '16        #15
Boogie1790 9 heat pts
space
space
$8,276 | Props total: 20810 20810
 PineappleOG said
Not a mental health issue yet their suicide rates are through the roof
And theyll say its because they are marginalized and are the butt of jokes, but nobody in their right mind would pick at a tranny publicly now in days.
+8   

1 week ago '07        #16
Bullseye 60 heat pts60
space
space
$9,776 | Props total: 3109 3109
Sure it's not. I guess you can also be a turtle if you want.
+3   

1 week ago '05        #17
Flatbush85 65 heat pts65
space
space
$15,428 | Props total: 4881 4881
These lifestyles that literally impede the reproduction and ultimately advancement of the human race aren't issues anymore?
+3   

1 week ago '04        #18
datboy|e 18 heat pts18
space
space
$4,216 | Props total: 6639 6639
Mfers in denial
+2   

1 week ago '17        #19
PackerTrelli3 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,926 | Props total: 13618 13618
So when I get locked up and I wanna be referred to as a dragon, they better lock me up with the other dragons.

If not, and I’m called crazy, I’m complaining!! And I’m calling hate towards wildlife if they throw me in a block with other humans!!

I’m not a human, I’m a dragon. Not a dragonfly, not dragon berry, not dragon tales... a straight up DRAGON

Last edited by PackerTrelli3; 08-14-2019 at 11:08 AM..
+21   

1 week ago '11        #20
Tony Franks 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,017 | Props total: 8904 8904
 Amarula said
females have two x chromosomes and males have an x and y , some people are born with xxy etc , so i think chromosomes play a huge role in gender identity
If they had evidence that most transgenders had an extra chromosome, im sure we wouldn't be having this convo anymore. So. ima a*sume thats not the case.
+9   

1 week ago '04        #21
Exs 545 heat pts545
space
space
$15,096 | Props total: 37475 37475
 titans7 said
Very true and also if you tell the world you are a woman but still need to go to the doctor for prostate exams then you might be an ugly man in a wig and a dress.

If you claim to be a man but your darn inconvenient v*gina keeps on bleeding once a month then you might be a mentally ill lesbian who wears mens baggy clothes.
let's just go from a-z really quick.

the world has conditioned people to sensationalize uniqueness and individuality... That can be a good thing... but if a group of people latch on to that notion for a movement/agenda driven mentality then you get what has happened in this country for the last 10 years.

In a 10 year window of time... Transgender mentality has become a BIG thing.... Realize that 10 years on the scale of ALL HUMAN LIFE is like .0000000001 %.

so i stand back and ask myself... why now? why so much emphasis on this now and what changed? did women and men around the world just wake up one day and no longer want to be the people they were born as?

maybe.

but i think there's some darker intention there and it has to do with future generations growing up in a world that confuses them even more than the current one we live in
+6   

1 week ago '16        #22
LordFinesseEm 2 heat pts
space
space
$830 | Props total: 1309 1309
how the hell isn't it a mental illness they'd throw me in the loonie bin if I went around actually believing I'm fu*king Michael Jordan or a small Chinese man named whang cho hung bae the bowing down they do for the gays is crazy these days I mean they put this tranny sh*t in kids shows now and that sh*t really don't seem right
+8   

1 week ago '08        #23
stlcardinals19 35 heat pts35
space
space
$20,218 | Props total: 9081 9081
Already had multiple threads on this. I see you trying to get that easy Hot Topic tho, so good luck w/that
+2   

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 week ago '19        #24
Gold Face 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,608 | Props total: 12759 12759
If it takes surgery and taking a knife to your body or putting any substance in your body for you to be something genetically you are not

It’s a mental disorder

What kind of society do we live in when you can carve someone up with a knife and Act like it’s normal

Last edited by Gold Face; 08-14-2019 at 11:11 AM..
+9   

1 week ago '05        #25
projectd06 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,196 | Props total: 13974 13974
Yes it is, boys are born with a p*nis, girls are born with a v*gina, fu*k how you feel. 5 year old off kindergarten Cop knew that sh*t.
+8   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+42online now  55
Image(s) inside BREAKING... Tee Grizzly Shot Up In Detroit, Manager Killed
295 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  35
Video inside List of Ideal Traits Japanese Girls Want in a Guy Based On a New Study
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+31online now  29
Workout Change the look of your body in only 2 workouts w/ The Snatch Grip Hig..
53 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+55online now  18
Video inside High school cafeteria in Texas
119 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy