Did Jay-Z Just Prove African Americans Have No Honor?

section    |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section The Hip-Hop Spot

2 weeks ago '07        #1
1369 page views
51 comments

In Disguise 169 heat pts169
space
space
$9,140 | Props total: 17470 17470
Did Jay-Z Just Prove African Americans Have No Honor?

Just cut the check and everything is ok?

best
worst
51 comments

2 weeks ago '06        #2
LeMar G 250 heat pts250
space
space
$19,092 | Props total: 56978 56978
@

+6   

2 weeks ago '16        #3
Ozzy Booty 
space
space
$830 | Props total: 1799 1799
Black people aren’t a monolith.
+18   

2 weeks ago '07        #4
In Disguise 169 heat pts169 OP
space
space
$9,140 | Props total: 17470 17470

+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #5
ThatNigg22 47 heat pts47
space
space
$8,006 | Props total: 41783 41783
 Ozzy booty said
Black people arenít a monolith.
We'd be better off if we were
+3   

2 weeks ago '19        #6
Nas Mcgrady 
space
space
space
$69 | Props total: 289 289
When you think about Jay z, you think about his money.

When you think about Pac, you think about his message.

Jay z has always been about selling out for cash. "I dumb down to double my dollars". His excuse for rapping about the same bullsh*t from the age of 27-49
+21   

2 weeks ago '04        #7
Exs 546 heat pts546
space
space
$15,164 | Props total: 38319 38319
Jay Z has been rapping for 25+ years. If he were about standing for something it would have taken place by now. There was very likely money to be had with the Kaepernick stuff and so he supported it.... probably got a cut of the settlement

now its as he would say

"on to the next one"
+7   

2 weeks ago '13        #8
North!!! 455 heat pts455
space
space
$63,013 | Props total: 58821 58821
Woke capitalism
+3   

2 weeks ago '19        #9
WhatYaLifeLike 1 heat pts
space
space
$246 | Props total: 1372 1372
"show them how to move in a room full of vultures" then He told us to change clothes to present ourselves properly to white people
That sh*t went over y'all heads?
+3   

2 weeks ago '17        #10
Skratch 
space
space
$1,523 | Props total: 3287 3287
n*ggas are dumb in general and jayz been a hypocrite, opportunist. Peep how he rides other rappers buzz, then raps about k*lling a trend just to hop on that said trend, the stuff he does is pre planned, its so many flaws in what he says vs do and what he stands for. On another note he knows n*ggas are dumb and takes advantage, sh*t is all perception with him.
+5   

2 weeks ago '15        #11
MemphisBleek 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,004 | Props total: 2642 2642
@ told me this 10 years ago....

Btw fu*k Shaun Kinf
+3   

2 weeks ago '19        #12
Roy Jones Chin 
space
space
$188 | Props total: 1552 1552
Hip hop is 90% black on black violence, poisoning the community and being a slave to money that should tell you how much honor African Americans have

2 weeks ago '10        #13
musbdluv 
space
space
space
$172 | Props total: 94 94
A lot of folks jumping to conclusions right now. Let's get thru the season and see what happens with it before we pass judgement. Dude might actually have a plan and parlay that venture with the NFL into something good for us.

He CAN do something positive with the position that does not include Kaep or on his behalf.
+6   

2 weeks ago '09        #14
Lupe Hunter 86 heat pts86
space
space
$16,647 | Props total: 11373 11373
The Public Enemies, 90s native tongues political raps are long gone, been stop listening to rappers political views a long time ago. Money talks and how you use it will define in today’s era.

LeBron got his money and created a school and gave away Millions of dollars in scholarships. Help his friends and created a path for them to reach greatness in their line of work. Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Oscar Robertson, Jim Brown and Bill Russell, people who grew up in Jim Crow era, experience racism while having to play sports and dominate have such respect for LeBron James because how he uses his money

LeBron is a prime example of how to make a difference with all the millions you have and will have more money than Hov at a younger age .
HOV is a cutthroat businessman and will use anything to make him a billionaire. Hov been told you that since reasonable doubt and y’all thought those was just words.

Hov top 2 all time in rap but he’s about his money and businesses, he dreams of being the black Warren Buffet.

Last edited by Lupe Hunter; 08-14-2019 at 09:53 AM..
+3   

2 weeks ago '10        #15
SnowFleury 36 heat pts36
space
space
$4,224 | Props total: 13705 13705
Hov Stans are in shambles over this

But hey, I respect it, he's getting rich while a lot of people are falling for his "woke" gimmick...more power to him I say
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #16
refuze 390 heat pts390
space
space
$20,423 | Props total: 28862 28862
Jay Z is a hustler, of course he’s in it to make money. We all want to make money

I can’t comment on the deal until details are given. However I find it funny he rebuffed the Super Bowl performance to make a stand yet now wants to make deals with them.

2 weeks ago '17        #17
PROV 274 heat pts274
space
space
$17,596 | Props total: 50727 50727
 In Disguise said

Just cut the check and everything is ok?

Who hurt you as a child to make you this hateful and miserable?

2 weeks ago '04        #18
1000bluntz 
space
space
$20,283 | Props total: 22870 22870
Shaun King is a worthless f*g**t, he doesn’t deserve eye sight.

2 weeks ago '15        #19
JimmyDa3rd 38 heat pts38
space
space
$8,370 | Props total: 27100 27100
 Lupe Hunter said
The Public Enemies, 90s native tongues political raps are long gone, been stop listening to rappers political views a long time ago. Money talks and how you use it will define in todayís era.

LeBron got his money and created a school and gave away Millions of dollars in scholarships. Help his friends and created a path for them to reach greatness in their line of work. Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Oscar Robertson, Jim Brown and Bill Russell, people who grew up in Jim Crow era, experience racism while having to play sports and dominate have such respect for LeBron James because how he uses his money

LeBron is a prime example of how to make a difference with all the millions you have and will have more money than Hov at a younger age .
HOV is a capitalist and will use anything to make him a billionaire. Hov been told you that since reasonable doubt and thought those was just words.

Hov top 2 all time in rap but heís about his money and businesses, he dreams of being the black Warren Buffet.
Great post, don't agree with your view because i think you can be about your money and business and "dream about being the blac Warren Buffet" whilst leveraging being about your business and money to do the "right thing", i personally like the NFL move, comes across like dude is pimping them for a cheque while at the same time working in tandem with a big company who has a bad reputation for doing fucc sh*t to n*ggas, the NFL clearly are aware that their reputation is bad and are making efforts to change that, they saw the value in making him the face of their social justice campaign, and Hov saw the value in being able to be somewhat on the inside working sh*t out so he could do good by his people, whilst collecting a cheque, i respect that.

Homie tweeting seems to be more on the ideological side of things with the whole "Hov a capitalist" thing which clearly implies that that's a bad thing, which i don't think it is, but getting lost in the ideological side of things is a waste of time to me, aslong as you in your heart know you're doing the right thing and the results prove that, i couldn't care less, Malcolm and MLK taught me that, different ideologies same goal.
+3   

2 weeks ago '09        #20
Lupe Hunter 86 heat pts86
space
space
$16,647 | Props total: 11373 11373
 JimmyDa3rd said
Great post, don't agree with your view because i think you can be about your money and business and "dream about being the blac Warren Buffet" whilst leveraging being about your business and money to do the "right thing", i personally like the NFL move, comes across like dude is pimping them for a cheque while at the same time working in tandem with a big company who has a bad reputation for doing fucc sh*t to n*ggas, the NFL clearly are aware that their reputation is bad and are making efforts to change that, they saw the value in making him the face of their social justice campaign, and Hov saw the value in being able to be somewhat on the inside working sh*t out so he could do good by his people, whilst collecting a cheque, i respect that.

Homie tweeting seems to be more on the ideological side of things with the whole "Hov a capitalist" thing which clearly implies that that's a bad thing, which i don't think it is, but getting lost in the ideological side of things is a waste of time to me, aslong as you in your heart know you're doing the right thing and the results prove that, i couldn't care less, Malcolm and MLK taught me that, different ideologies same goal.

I donít hate Hov, he a natural born hustler and businessman. And while heís done solid moves help rapper with their legal situation. This deal seems weird, I think heís only doing this to get his sport agency in better position, give n*ggas puma deals and have rappers perform halftime at the super bowl .

NFL this deal is hey look guys we got Hov, everythingís cool 😎

2 weeks ago '12        #21
johnnysnow 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,213 | Props total: 11148 11148
n*ggas thought Hov woke up at 50 years old and magically cared about black people

Hov will always be a grimy dirty Marcy n*gga that shot his own brother and sold crack to his mother

Still one the GOATs though

2 weeks ago '14        #22
strungout 410 heat pts410
space
space
$37,253 | Props total: 92180 92180
revolutionary for profit much like kanye

i remember roc-a-wear was selling that "occupy all streets" t-shirt right around 2010 when the occupy wallstreet protest was going on

i low key wanted one of those

2 weeks ago '04        #23
DJ Maximum|M 67 heat pts67
space
space
$47,335 | Props total: 28467 28467
 Nas Mcgrady said
When you think about Jay z, you think about his money.

When you think about Pac, you think about his message.

Jay z has always been about selling out for cash. "I dumb down to double my dollars". His excuse for rapping about the same bullsh*t from the age of 27-49
And Pac is dead because he played Gangsta

stfu bruh

2 weeks ago '15        #24
JimmyDa3rd 38 heat pts38
space
space
$8,370 | Props total: 27100 27100
 Lupe Hunter said
I donít hate Hov, he a natural born hustler and businessman. And while heís done solid moves help rapper with their legal situation. This deal seems weird, I think heís only doing this to get his sport agency in better position, give n*ggas puma deals and have rappers perform halftime at the super bowl .

NFL this deal is hey look guys we got Hov, everythingís cool 😎
Bolded, He's a business man so i believe all of that, and that's not a bad thing, getting your sport agency in a better position by creating a better relationship with the NFL is not a bad thing, giving n*ggas puma deals (money) is not a bad thing, having rappers perform at Half-time at the super bowl (exposure) is not a bad thing, he's helping himself and others, that's not a bad thing.

and to your last sentence, i believe that too, but we need to see the results, if the social just campaigns are done in good taste, if they create some dope incentives and what not, then we can judge, as of now though, i don't see a single thing wrong with this, i 100% understand looking at the deal with suspicion because of the egregious way that the NFL dealt with Kap, but if the initial premise of the deal is to fix that reputation by doing real things that garner real tangible results, then let's see how it goes.
+1   

2 weeks ago '19        #25
Nas Mcgrady 
space
space
space
$69 | Props total: 289 289
 DJ Maximum said
And Pac is dead because he played Gangsta

stfu bruh
And still will have more respect and honor in black history than Jay z ever will.
+3   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+21online now  38
Surveillance Footage From Mateen Cleaves Sexual Assault Case Released
148 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+61online now  35
Saddest sh1t Iíve seen all week 😥
116 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+21online now  28
Spider Man back in MCU ?
61 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  19
Aug 24 - Florida car-park killing: Gunman guilty as 'stand your ground' defenc..
68 comments
19 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy