Charlamagne The God Says Nicki Minaj Is Turning into the Rap Game's Monique "MoNika"

most viewed right now
20 comments @wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section The Hip-Hop Spot

5 days ago '10        #1
6873 page views
107 comments

HolyFatherSteve 1343 heat pts1343
space
space
$13,661 | Props total: 30312 30312
Charlamagne The God Says Nicki Minaj Is Turning into the Rap Game's Monique "MoNika"

+6   

best
worst
107 comments

5 days ago '17        #2
PROV 273 heat pts273
space
space
$17,413 | Props total: 50360 50360
Charlemagne has anxiety because he maybe r*ped that girl a long time ago. Did you know many people have anxiety? Buy my book
+22   

5 days ago '19        #3
Okka 3 heat pts
space
space
$388 | Props total: 652 652
I guess there's some truth to this. For a while now every time I've done read somethin' about Nicki or there has been articles about her, it's always been about her talkin' sh*t about somebody or complainin' about somethin'.
+24   

5 days ago '16        #4
metro6 223 heat pts223
space
space
space
$6,787 | Props total: 13824 13824
cthagod scared of kenneth petty pullin up
+16   

5 days ago '17        #5
QdobaCasanova 12 heat pts12
space
space
$11,030 | Props total: 32108 32108
Damn she bi*ched tf outta Budden. I almost turned it off preemptively cause it was some dumb gossip sh*t but Nicki set the facts straight n had this n*gga tryna be demure n sh*t.

I aint even a Nicki fan; in fact, I think I strongly dislike her but she really shut Budden down.

That’s what you get for bein a tea sippin a*s 40-something tho tbqf tho. Shoulda kept his nose out that “ooh honey chil’” sh*t and kept it about the music but nooooo
+24   

5 days ago '06        #6
LeMar G 250 heat pts250
space
space
$19,006 | Props total: 56446 56446
In hindsight, other than claiming Netflix was racist Monique was right

+52   

5 days ago '17        #7
Almighty HA 
space
space
$1,307 | Props total: 5733 5733
 LeMar G said

I agree but disagree. I'm not boycotting Netflix cuz YOU didn't get to the bag. Calling out Oprah after she helped her was a bad look. I was with Steve (kinda). These celebrities get upset, run to the internet before texting somebody. sh*t is weird.

Now back to Nicki, her attitude is the reason why other people ain't embracing her and she feels entitled because of what she accomplished, even though it's nothing compared to Lauryn Hill (this digital era bullsh*t numbers don't count to me). She thinks she is a literal Queen and everybody should bow before her. I get her gripe: If she was a male doing this, it would be no different. BUT, she forgets, with male artists, there's somebody on the otherside willing to push that line. She just blackballs, yells and threatens people when she don't get her way. I'm glad other female artists are out: it's showing her true colors. SHE is the "black girl tragic" that doesn't wanna see other women win.
+31   

5 days ago '06        #8
LeMar G 250 heat pts250
space
space
 Almighty HA said
I agree but disagree. I'm not boycotting Netflix cuz YOU didn't get to the bag. Calling out Oprah after she helped her was a bad look. I was with Steve (kinda). These celebrities get upset, run to the internet before texting somebody. sh*t is weird.

Now back to Nicki, her attitude is the reason why other people ain't embracing her and she feels entitled because of what she accomplished, even though it's nothing compared to Lauryn Hill (this digital era bullsh*t numbers don't count to me). She thinks she is a literal Queen and everybody should bow before her. I get her gripe: If she was a male doing this, it would be no different. BUT, she forgets, with male artists, there's somebody on the otherside willing to push that line. She just blackballs, yells and threatens people when she don't get her way. I'm glad other female artists are out: it's showing her true colors. SHE is the "black girl tragic" that doesn't wanna see other women win.

Oprah Foul and steve sold out

+22   

5 days ago '19        #9
WhatYaLifeLike 
space
space
$146 | Props total: 762 762
 Almighty HA said
1200 streams count as 1 album sold most rappers back then was going platinum and the album wasn't even listened to 100 times

5 days ago '17        #10
Almighty HA 
space
space
 WhatYaLifeLike said
1200 streams count as 1 album sold most rappers back then was going platinum and the album wasn't even listened to 100 times
But you physically had to go to the store and buy the album. There was plenty of flops cuz the album/single was just not good. It was a REAL barometer of how good of an artist you were. Streams dont mean sh*t in the bigger picture. Especially when you get paid .00002 cents compared to a $1.50 after the label recouped. And You highlighted my Lauryn Hill sentence but you and I know: there is no way, in any dimension she is topping Ms. Hill. Not with physical sales, not with content, NOTHING.

Last edited by Almighty HA; 08-13-2019 at 09:54 AM..
+14   

5 days ago '17        #11
Almighty HA 
space
space
 LeMar G said

The whole point of her situation was Netflix was "overpaying" white celebrities or males. She forgets that she didn't do a stand up in years and she came to them for it not the other way around. Business is supply and demand and nobody demanded a supply of Mo'nique. Oprah could of done her better but i wouldn't say she was totally wrong either. And Steve been a cornball since the 90s, so i dont know why people are so upset about him.
+4   

5 days ago '19        #12
WhatYaLifeLike 
space
space
 Almighty HA said
But you physically had to go to the store and buy the album. There was plenty of flops cuz the album/single was just not good. It was a REAL barometer of how good of an artist you were. Streams dont mean sh*t in the bigger picture. Especially when you get paid .00002 cents compared to a $1.50 after the label recouped.
The odds are already against them if fans have to listen 1200 times to count as 1 album sold instead of just buying the album that most fans didn't listen to 1200 times
+7   

5 days ago '17        #13
Almighty HA 
space
space
 WhatYaLifeLike said
The odds are already against them if fans have to listen 1200 times to count as 1 album sold instead of just buying the album that most fans didn't listen to 1200 times
How do you know if they did or didn't listen to it 1200 times back in the day? My whole point is, there's no comparison to spending $12 on a CD or streaming it on a platform thats right in front of you for practically nothing. Of course people are gonna go with the cheaper option.

And Between me and you, I don't believe none of these artists are truly achieving the metrics that's placed before them. Smoke & Mirrors.
+1   

5 days ago '06        #14
LeMar G 250 heat pts250
space
space
 Almighty HA said
The whole point of her situation was Netflix was "overpaying" white celebrities or males. She forgets that she didn't do a stand up in years and she came to them for it not the other way around. Business is supply and demand and nobody demanded a supply of Mo'nique. Oprah could of done her better but i wouldn't say she was totally wrong either. And Steve been a cornball since the 90s, so i dont know why people are so upset about him.
Insinuating they were racist was wrong. That's literally the first thing I said.

Her standing up for herself and what she felt like she was entitled too wasn't.

And how everyone else acted around her was foul.
+7   

5 days ago '17        #15
Almighty HA 
space
space
 LeMar G said
Insinuating they were racist was wrong. That's literally the first thing I said.

Her standing up for herself and what she felt like she was entitled too wasn't.

And how everyone else acted around her was foul.
Agreed

5 days ago '19        #16
WhatYaLifeLike 
space
space
 Almighty HA said
How do you know if they did or didn't listen to it 1200 times back in the day? My whole point is, there's no comparison to spending $12 on a CD or streaming it on a platform thats right in front of you for practically nothing. Of course people are gonna go with the cheaper option.

And Between me and you, I don't believe none of these artists are truly achieving the metrics that's placed before them. Smoke & Mirrors.
Spending 12 dollars is easier than listening to something 1200 times is my point, it's plenty of weed plates that sold alot back then

5 days ago '17        #17
Almighty HA 
space
space
 WhatYaLifeLike said
Spending 12 dollars is easier than listening to something 1200 times is my point, it's plenty of weed plates that sold alot back then
I get where u coming from. But as Jadakiss said "who put this numbers together?" "where the rest of the money?" "who the fu*k is streaming this sh*t 1200 times?" That's all I'm saying.. I'm a little older, and I stream but I still buy albums worth buying. Sreaming is literally so easy cuz everybody has a smart phone and records aint sold anymore. It's easy to get those numbers but it's not.

Fact remains, she aint no Queen of rap. That sh*t gotta stop lol
+3   

5 days ago '17        #18
CELE91 
space
space
$1,731 | Props total: 5509 5509
 Almighty HA said

The bold part is where I stopped reading. Clearly you don't know what Oprah did too her and where her beef with Oprah stems from
+5   

5 days ago '17        #19
Almighty HA 
space
space
 CELE91 said
The bold part is where I stopped reading. Clearly you don't know what Oprah did too her and where her beef with Oprah stems from
She did some weird sh*t with her family on the show, etc. I know the deal. That's foul but I would of left all of that alone in public-deal with that one on one. As I said in another post, I understand Mo's gripe with her but I just would of went about it differently myself.

5 days ago '17        #20
CELE91 
space
space
 Almighty HA said
She did some weird sh*t with her family on the show, etc. I know the deal. That's foul but I would of left all of that alone in public-deal with that one on one. As I said in another post, I understand Mo's gripe with her but I just would of went about it differently myself.
You can't go about things differently if someone expose your dirty laundry in public.They are a*sassinating your character in public whilst you are a public figure .
+6   

5 days ago '16        #21
NoLvstName 152 heat pts152
space
space
$9,496 | Props total: 52523 52523
 QdobaCasanova said
Damn she bi*ched tf outta Budden. I almost turned it off preemptively cause it was some dumb gossip sh*t but Nicki set the facts straight n had this n*gga tryna be demure n sh*t.

I aint even a Nicki fan; in fact, I think I strongly dislike her but she really shut Budden down.

That’s what you get for bein a tea sippin a*s 40-something tho tbqf tho. Shoulda kept his nose out that “ooh honey chil’” sh*t and kept it about the music but nooooo
Exactly

Budden was wrong and couldn't man up and apologize

She had audio receipts and he still wouldn't admit bein wrong

Then he put words in her mouth and she went crazy

I think they have real issues but I think it's overdramatized for ratings
+3   

5 days ago '17        #22
Almighty HA 
space
space
 CELE91 said
You can't go about things differently if someone expose your dirty laundry in public.They are a*sassinating your character in public whilst you are a public figure .
She need to address her family more than Oprah imo. Oprah still foul though no doubt about it. She did MJ dirty too.

edit: Can u explain why she outed her during the Netflix situation? I'm just curious how it got brought up during that timeframe and not when it happened. Like how did those two things correlate? There's a gap I might be missing.

Last edited by Almighty HA; 08-13-2019 at 10:54 AM..

5 days ago '14        #23
504 1314 heat pts1314
space
space
$13,069 | Props total: 59450 59450
 LeMar G said

LeMar G said

I mean charlamagay is right she’s being blackballed for speaking the truth. She went against Oprah then the public shxxted on her. And Oprah finally got revealed as an Uncle Tom as well and the public is issuing apologies lowkey.

Also I’m still crying at this video

+3   

5 days ago '17        #24
CELE91 
space
space
 Almighty HA said
She need to address her family more than Oprah imo. Oprah still foul though no doubt about it.
You can't deny the snake mentality of oprah
+5   

5 days ago '16        #25
Head Coach 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,016 | Props total: 3802 3802
 LeMar G said

Monique not funny tho
+2   

Join bx

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  15
Video inside Tariq Nasheed gives Jay z his butter biscuits
87 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  6
Do You Believe In Ghost? Ever Had a Ghostly Experience?
102 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+23online now  4
Image(s) inside Aug 16 - Florida Woman Put On Probation For Having That Snapper In The..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  4
Video inside Wtf is this in Antarctica on Snapchat Map!
125 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy