De'Aaron Fox > Jayson Tatum ??

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

2 years ago '17        #1
4423 page views
111 comments

Prodigital SC  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x15
Props total: 59172 59 K  Slaps total: 6348 6 K
De'Aaron Fox > Jayson Tatum ??

+9   

best
worst
111 comments

2 years ago '17        #2
LongStroke Papi  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 15789 15 K  Slaps total: 12626 12 K
Of course Fox is the better player

The better question is why is Tatum rated so high? 85 get the fu*k out

+34   

2 years ago '05        #3
EMPATHY  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x57
Props total: 96631 96 K  Slaps total: 55998 55 K
Ya fox is dope
+4   

2 years ago '05        #4
Dun Language  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 96675 96 K  Slaps total: 26336 26 K
Fox a beast. Magic knew what he was talking about.

Fox and hield gonna be a nice backcourt for the kings
+11   

2 years ago '14        #5
Lurker 
Props total: 111983 111 K  Slaps total: 13378 13 K
Fox should be like an 83. Especially if y’all only gonna give Klay an 89.

All these ratings seem political
+15   

2 years ago '14        #6
Lurker 
Double post:

If Fox is an 86, Trae Young should be at least a 88.

Because Trae Young is waaaay better than Fox.

But this what happens when 2K fu*ks up the ratings of the guys ahead (overrating Kemba, Mitchell, Blake, Butler...underrating Embiid, Jokic, Simmons, etc.) it causes a precedent thatís hard to keep up with. Hopefully these ratings correct itself out once the season updates start to kick in.

2 years ago '17        #7
Rule 336  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x17
Props total: 159845 159 K  Slaps total: 56700 56 K
 Lurker said
Double post:

But this what happens when 2K fu*ks up the ratings of the guys ahead (overrating Kemba, Mitchell, Blake, Butler...underrating Embiid, Jokic, Simmons, etc.) it causes a precedent thatís hard to keep up with. Hopefully these ratings correct itself out once the season updates start to kick in.
Blake had the best season of his career arguably. Do you watch games or look at stat sheets?
+15   

2 years ago '14        #8
504  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x25
Props total: 74432 74 K  Slaps total: 13683 13 K
The rating will work themselves out during the season. LBJ shouldn’t be rated 97 tho.

2 years ago '16        #9
Glock Rivers  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 72066 72 K  Slaps total: 9085 9 K
Tatum will be about 88 at All star break

2 years ago '17        #10
Lite  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 49787 49 K  Slaps total: 7682 7 K
Who gives a fu*k about a 1 point difference?

You already know people gon run with w/e is the hot take

Last edited by Lite; 07-30-2019 at 07:05 AM..
+3   

2 years ago '14        #11
Lurker 
 Rule 336 said
Blake had the best season of his career arguably. Do you watch games or look at stat sheets?
I got the league pass fam. All of those numbers are empty stats. Best season of his career and what that get him: 8th seed in the weak East

I donít care how good Blakeís season was last year....there isnít one point separating Klay and Blake in real life...but it is in 2K.

2 years ago '14        #12
Lurker 
Blake Griffin, Mitchell, Gobert, Walker, & Butler all have an 88.

Klay- 89
Jokic- 90
Embiid-91

The latter three are lightyears better than the 88 group...but according to 2K, their in the same class. Which is delusional on all accounts

2 years ago '17        #13
Rule 336  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x17
Props total: 159845 159 K  Slaps total: 56700 56 K
 Lurker said
I got the league pass fam. All of those numbers are empty stats. Best season of his career and what that get him: 8th seed in the weak East

I donít care how good Blakeís season was last year....there isnít one point separating Klay and Blake in real life...but it is in 2K.
You're talking stats.. I'm talking about watching games. Blake was seeing the floor and facilitating like a PG, his jumper was wet, he was banging in the post. I've seen you use Melos lack of a team in NY as an excuse to why he didn't have much success there but you downplay the fact that Blake carried a non playoff roster to the playoffs. By the way, we know Klay is an elite shooter but we haven't seen what he can do with his own team. He's a spot up shooter who can't create his own shot. You're right, Blake is more than one point better than he is.
+7   

2 years ago '14        #14
tygamann1  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 19991 19 K  Slaps total: 9472 9 K
 Lurker said
Double post:

But this what happens when 2K fu*ks up the ratings of the guys ahead (overrating Kemba, Mitchell, Blake, Butler...underrating Embiid, Jokic, Simmons, etc.) it causes a precedent that’s hard to keep up with. Hopefully these ratings correct itself out once the season updates start to kick in.

I like Tre but he's not better than Fox

Edit: Not at this point anyway

Last edited by tygamann1; 07-30-2019 at 07:40 AM..
+3   

2 years ago '14        #15
Lurker 
 tygamann1 said
I like Tre but he's not better than Fox

Edit: Not at this point anyway

Trae Young has better stats than Fox across the board, how is he not better ? Especially factoring in his slow start as a rookie and Fox having a year over him. Trae will be an all star in his sophomore season

Trae’s more skilled. Better shooter, better scorer, better playmaker, better finisher, better ball handler, etc.

2 years ago '14        #16
Bigboi781  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 20103 20 K  Slaps total: 6240 6 K
 Lurker said
Trae Young has better stats than Fox across the board, how is he not better ? Especially factoring in his slow start as a rookie and Fox having a year over him. Trae will be an all star in his sophomore season

Traeís more skilled. Better shooter, better scorer, better playmaker, better finisher, better ball handler, etc.

Trae is a monster in 2k19. Dude canít miss
+6   

2 years ago '13        #17
BLACK MAMBA 
Props total: 9454 9 K  Slaps total: 5368 5 K
 Lurker said

Traeís more skilled. Better shooter, better scorer, better playmaker, better finisher, better ball handler, etc.

fox more athletic bro and way faster
+1   

2 years ago '14        #18
Lurker 
 BLACK MAMBA said
fox more athletic bro and way faster
Yeah Iím not denying that. Fox is faster and more athletic than Trae. Those are facts! ... now letís talk basketball skills
+1   

2 years ago '16        #19
MHP Trotty  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 100472 100 K  Slaps total: 13878 13 K
 Lurker said
Blake Griffin, Mitchell, Gobert, Walker, & Butler all have an 88.

Klay- 89
Jokic- 90
Embiid-91

The latter three are lightyears better than the 88 group...but according to 2K, their in the same class. Which is delusional on all accounts
The rating system is more beneficial to elite athletes. That speed/acceleration/lateral quickness type rating is an extra 5+ points right there. Same thing would happen with Dirk.

Klay, Jokic, and Embiid aren’t really going to get high grades there from a video game standpoint.
+2   

2 years ago '14        #20
 Lurker said

Trae’s more skilled. Better shooter, better scorer, better playmaker, better finisher, better ball handler, etc.

I'm not too concerned about stats. That's how you fool casuals.

I'd take De'Aaron if we're talking the next year or two, but once Trae bulks up, works on his in between game (between the rim and the 3 point line) and tightens up his handle, he'll be in the 2nd or so tier of PGs.

There's a lot of gray area between athleticism and skills. I'd rather have skills but I can't complete overlook athleticism, and De'Aaron's height, athleticism, and skills outweighs that of what Trae has at this point.

He's too small right now though to not have all the other aspects of his game maxed out skill wise though. Dude is probably 6'0, 6'1
+1   

2 years ago '14        #21
Lurker 
 tygamann1 said
I'm not too concerned about stats. That's how you fool casuals.

I'd take De'Aaron if we're talking the next year or two, but once Tre bulks up, works on his in between game (between the rim and the 3 point line) and tightens up his handle, he'll be in the 2nd or so tier of PGs

He's too small right now though to not have all the other aspects of his game maxed out skill wise though. Dude is probably 6'0, 6'1
Stats donít tell the whole story, but if a player plays the same position as another player and has better numbers in every metric (regular & advanced) , then we have to factor that in. We canít just brush it off like it doesnít mean anything.
+1   

2 years ago '14        #22
 Lurker said
Stats don’t tell the whole story, but if a player plays the same position as another player and has better numbers in every metric (regular & advanced) , then we have to factor that in. We can’t just brush it off like it doesn’t mean anything.
Certainly not brushing them off but there's A LOT of factors that can skew numbers in one player's favor over another. They don't tell the whole story like watching the player's and a*sessing them do.

Same reason why there's some HS and college players who average 15 and 7 but are ranked Top 10 in their classes and others who average 30 and 10 and only has mid-major offers/and are 2nd rounders or overseas players

Honestly Trae needs a lot more skill in his game to be as short and small as he is. That's just straight up. He's listed at 6'2 180 but I'm gnna say 6'0 and 165/170. His skills now are NBA ready of course, but to get to that next level he needs to maximize every skill he has. His passing is elite though.

Last edited by tygamann1; 07-30-2019 at 08:17 AM..
+2   

2 years ago '13        #23
Prime Dilfer 
Props total: 15329 15 K  Slaps total: 4117 4 K
 Lurker said

All of those better stats across the board and only 29 wins to Fox's 39 in the West

Or are we only counting wins for Blake Griffin
+5   

2 years ago '18        #24
CurryDaGoat  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 26179 26 K  Slaps total: 14545 14 K
 Lurker said

defense counts....

and youngs stats were not better across the board what are u talking about.
+4   

2 years ago '14        #25
Lurker 
 Prime Dilfer said
All of those better stats across the board and only 29 wins to Fox's 39 in the West

Or are we only counting wins for Blake Griffin
Oh you wanna play that game ?

Trae Young was a rookie with a slow start & first year head coach. Fox has a better team. And Blake has Drummond, coach of the year, etc. many people thought the Pistons were primed to be a top 5 team before the season started.

Not to mention, Hawks actually finished the season on a hot streak. Sneaky playoff team for next season. I guarantee you the Hawks will have a better record than the Pistons next season, that’s for damn sure.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+202online now  43
Rapper Jadakiss Arrested On murder Charges
104 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+17online now  22
Image(s) inside Federal Agents Arrest Bay Area Rapper Philthy Rich
173 comments