online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Jul 17 - NC man dies saving his kids washed away at beach

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

5 years ago '14        #1
277 page views
0 comments

black cobra 
Props total: 80307 80 K  Slaps total: 8673 8 K
icon Jul 17 - NC man dies saving his kids washed away at beach

A North Carolina father died while trying to rescue his children from rough waters at the state's Wrightsville Beach, according to police.

Two of Johnny Lee Vann Jr.'s kids were walking on a jetty wall on Sunday afternoon when they were swept off by a wave, Capt. Jason Bishop of the Wrightsville Beach Police Department told ABC News.

Johnny Vann died saving his children from rough waters off Wrightsville Beach, N.C.

Vann was able to rescue one of the kids, but when he went back into the ocean for the other child, he couldn't stay above the water, Bishop said.

Vann was underwater for about 30 seconds before he and the other child were rescued, witnesses said, according to Bishop.

CPR was performed, but Vann, 35, of Durham, could not be resuscitated, Wrightsville Beach town officials said in a statement on Monday.

Johnny Vann died saving his children from rough waters off Wrightsville Beach, N.C.

Vann's wife, Dawn Vann, told ABC Wilmington affiliate WWAY, "You couldn't ask for a better person."

"You could have took anybody else," she said. "I would've preferred to take me than him."

Rip. I need to learn how to swim
emoji
+9   

icon
best
icon
worst
0 comments

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+5123
Video inside Man builds backyard bar to get away from his wife..
76 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+3321
Post A Moment That Finished An Artist Career
281 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+419
Video inside This is Janet Jackson. She will be 58 this year 💋