Jul 16 - Kellyanne Conway loses it and demands to know a reporter’s ‘ethnicity’

most viewed right now
+46  83
54 comments @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 months ago '06        #1
3058 page views
82 comments

RAZAH CUTS  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
$60,731 | Props total: 42895 42895
Jul 16 - Kellyanne Conway loses it and demands to know a reporter’s ‘ethnicity’

As President Donald Trump is still being hammered under the firestorm he started with his racist attacks on Democratic lawmakers, Kellyanne Conway dug the White House in even deeper on Tuesday in a combative exchange with a reporter.

Speaking in the White House driveway, reporter Andrew Feinberg of Breakfast Media asked Conway what the president was referring to when he said that progressive lawmakers — three out of four of whom were born in the United States — should “go back” to their countries.

In response, Conway demanded to know the reporter’s ethnicity.

“What’s your ethnicity?” she said.

“Why is that relevant?” Feinberg responded, taken aback.

“No, no — because I’m asking a question,” she said, doubling down on her shocking question. “My ancestors are from Ireland and Italy.”

“My own ethnicity is not relevant to the question I’m asking,” said Feinberg.

“No, it is,” Conway said, digging her heels in on her outrageous demand. “Because you’re asking about — he said ‘originally.’ He said ‘originally from.'”

She seemed to be implying that it was reasonable for the president to tell Democratic congresswoman — all of whom are people of color — to go back to the countries of their ancestors. Conway’s claim, though, that this is somehow implied in the phrase “originally from” is just wrong. She is not “originally from” Ireland or Italy if she wasn’t born there and never lived there. And even if she had been born elsewhere, it would still be wildly inappropriate to tell her that as an American citizen that she should now go back. And of course, the fact that the president made his claims originally about women of color, implying they don’t really belong in the United States, is a demonstration of outright racist bigotry.

Conway’s demand to know a reporter’s ethnicity just because he is asking a question about the president’s remarks is likewise wildly inappropriate. If her point was to demonstrate that most or many Americans can trace their heritage to another country as a defense of Trump’s wildly racist attack, she’s layering an offensive demand on top of a desperate defense of the president’s bigotry.

Feinberg also noted:

After Feinberg repeatedly made clear that her question was inappropriate, Conway seemed to realize that she may have crossed a line and overcompensated by lashing out.

“A lot of us are sick and tired in this country of America coming last to people who swore an oath of office!” she said. “Sick and tired of our military being denigrated. Sick and tired of the Customs and Border Protection people I was with — who were overwhelmingly Hispanic, by the way, in McAllen, Texas — sick and tired of them — no, you don’t understand, ’cause you didn’t go! — being criticized. Being doxxed! By a bunch of Hollywood D-listers who have nothing else to do but sit on their a*ses on Twitter all day and try to dox brave men and women who are diving into the Rio Grande to save people who are drowning. Who are taking other people’s babies into custody! And diapering them and feeding them.”

At that, Conway had clearly lost all perspective, demanding that CBP be thanked for taking away babies from parents and separating families.

Watch the clip below:

visit this link https://www.alternet.org/ .. ers-ethnicity/
+18   

best
worst
82 comments

2 months ago '14        #2
Aries  102 heat pts102
space
space
$12,071 | Props total: 33724 33724
I wonder what those conversations with her husband are like

"No, I thought, President Trump was boorish, dim-witted, inarticulate, incoherent, narcissistic and insensitive. He’s a pathetic bully but an equal-opportunity bully – in his uniquely crass and crude manner, he’ll attack anyone he thinks is critical of him. No matter how much I found him ultimately unfit, I still gave him the benefit of the doubt about being a racist," George Conway said.

"But Sunday left no doubt. Naivete, resentment and outright racism, roiled in a toxic mix, have given us a racist president."

He said Trump's comments about Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York, Ilhan Omar of Minnesota, Ayanna Pressley of Massachusetts and Rashida Tlaib of Michigan were "racist to the core."
+25   

2 months ago '18        #3
DUCEDUCE  16 heat pts16
space
space
$3,528 | Props total: 17060 17060
Their going full racist. GOP is just the party for THEM.
+49   

2 months ago '14        #4
Cuttysark  23 heat pts23
space
space
$7,849 | Props total: 15698 15698
Sounds like she tired of the country

She should take her a*s back to Ireland
+81   

2 months ago '15        #5
PineappleOG  53 heat pts53
space
space
$10,808 | Props total: 24546 24546
Logic isn’t in the toolkit, asking irrelevant questions like an idiot
+11   

2 months ago '18        #6
br82186  11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,591 | Props total: 7664 7664
IB4 the fake patriots come in here and say that she put that reporter in their place and post some laugh smiley like they do every post.
+34   

2 months ago '18        #7
OptimisticCynic  2 heat pts2
space
space
$482 | Props total: 2011 2011
That type of response is what you’d expect in Russia or China.
+12   

2 months ago '12        #8
Heisenberg  142 heat pts142
space
space
$22,411 | Props total: 31078 31078
 Aries said

fu*k him too.
+9   

2 months ago '12        #9
Heisenberg  142 heat pts142
space
space
$22,411 | Props total: 31078 31078
They are getting more racist by the day. Expect 2020 to be the worst year in politics. I’m not looking forward to it.
+23   

2 months ago '16        #10
NYNY 
space
space
$3,305 | Props total: 6789 6789
White people need go back to Europe since they have the damn audacity to tell other minorities to go back to their countries which they have destroyed
+28   

2 months ago '12        #11
OldBusiness  187 heat pts187
space
space
$32,511 | Props total: 65293 65293
She hates America. She should go back to Ireland

If the GOP loves the CBP so much why dont they give them raises? Why dont they improve their terrible benefits package? Theyre over working them for low pay without the opportunity to see any raises....just like the foreigners Republicans love to hire in the south
+14   

2 months ago '17        #12
yousabitch  1 heat pts1
space
space
space
$2,234 | Props total: 7869 7869
fu*k it have at it. Us Latinos and blacks against the whites let’s see who wins
+7   

2 months ago '11        #13
SomeOnesoN  226 heat pts226
space
space
$19,350 | Props total: 9410 9410
I haven't posted on Facebook in over a year. Today, I just told my friends to delete me if they still support the POS in office. I dont want to be friends or a*sociate with anyone who supports Trump.
+22   

2 months ago '16        #14
OWPE  111 heat pts111
space
space
$6,799 | Props total: 17592 17592

2 months ago '04        #15
GUCCI C0ND0MS 
space
space
$859 | Props total: 411 411
 SomeOnesoN said
I haven't posted on Facebook in over a year. Today, I just told my friends to delete me if they still support the POS in office. I dont want to be friends or a*sociate with anyone who supports Trump.
#thetolerantleft

2 months ago '17        #16
Rich130  198 heat pts198
space
space
$4,398 | Props total: 13036 13036
This bi*ch needs to be ____________.

Fill in the blank however you feel.

+3   

2 months ago '14        #17
Mutant Boy  154 heat pts154
space
space
$28,629 | Props total: 23033 23033
I stopped reading at "his racist attacks on Democratic lawmakers". More liberal bullsh*t.

If she did say something fu*ked up, then shame on her. If she didn't, I'm not surprised by people saying she did.

Everything is racist to you professional victims.

BUT AGAIN! Shame on her if she did say something fu*ked up.

#maga

2 months ago '17        #18
Ifeellikekobe  118 heat pts118
space
space
$8,658 | Props total: 38161 38161
Everybody should just leave America at this point. Give it back to the buffaloes
+3   

2 months ago '04        #19
qutaboi225  72 heat pts72
space
space
$6,562 | Props total: 16804 16804
 OWPE said
All jokes aside. Trolling and being this stupid daily MUST be exhausting. Serious question, is there any benefit to this other than maybe a chuckle from triggering someone or....... I'm legit trying to understand.
+13   

2 months ago '17        #20
LarryFresh  2 heat pts2
space
space
$1,069 | Props total: 2871 2871
 Rich130 said
This bi*ch needs to be ____________.

Fill in the blank however you feel.

BLACKED
+9   

2 months ago '18        #21
BlackBanga  2 heat pts2
space
space
$980 | Props total: 4100 4100
I've seen some conservatives stress the need to have immigrants and other groups a*similate to "American culture". How does a mentality like this prove to be conducive to that idea? Do y'all really believe capitalism, more racism, and the subsequent exploitation of the have nots will hold off china from taking the top spot on the global stage?

It's hard to believe a lot of yall are thinking that deep into the implications of what mentalityTrump and the ruling elite are propogating in the media. It just seems like y'all just go with whatever is being done or said.
+2   

2 months ago '18        #22
BlessupRas  5 heat pts5
space
space
space
$165 | Props total: 706 706
What if the reporter was Native American...

These people are garbage.
+3   

2 months ago '17        #23
dubsax  17 heat pts17
space
space
$10,145 | Props total: 32149 32149
 Mutant Boy said
I stopped reading at "his racist attacks on Democratic lawmakers". More liberal bullsh*t.

If she did say something fu*ked up, then shame on her. If she didn't, I'm not surprised by people saying she did.

Everything is racist to you professional victims.

BUT AGAIN! Shame on her if she did say something fu*ked up.

#maga
you know what the definition of privilege is?

Is that you and others like you feel like you should be the arbiter of what is offensive to others.

I get the disconnect because nothing offends you except being called a racist.... thats irony
+17   

2 months ago '16        #24
Boogersugar  96 heat pts96
space
space
$6,517 | Props total: 24686 24686
 Aries said

Not sure if he's a liberal or not but many white liberals don't mind befriending racists, supporting racists, sleeping with, or even marrying racists. Dr. King been tried and told y'all. While they may not vote for Klan adjacent politicians like Trump they ultimately prize their social comforts over our lives and human rights. And Martin Luther King JR. was calling that out in the 60s.

+12   

2 months ago '11        #25
Kade  10 heat pts10
space
space
space
$6,143 | Props total: 7267 7267
Maga 2020

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+28online now  52
Video inside fat joe says all latinos are black
340 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-59online now  40
Image(s) inside J.Cole Announces Retirement....
77 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+20online now  28
Article inside Guy drowns trying to propose to girlfriend underwater.
51 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+50online now  10
Video inside J Prince knew 69 was a rat day uno, & says his crew untouched
152 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy