Jul 12 - ebay sales tax cheat system no longer exists

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

1 week ago '19        #1
721 page views
13 comments

unit321 43 heat pts43
space
space
$1,577 | Props total: 3655 3655
Jul 12 - ebay sales tax cheat system no longer exists

Well, it was a good run.
Sellers are collecting state sales tax on purchases. I used to buy from eBay and other online retailers to not pay sales tax on big ticket items.
I recently bought a somewhat costly item from Wisconsin from an eBay seller. This time around, I got hit with a $30 state sales tax. image

Same thing with amazon. I might just buy my stuff locally now that the sales tax backdoor has been closed.
+8   

best
worst
13 comments

1 week ago '05        #2
old head 197 heat pts197
space
space
$20,506 | Props total: 24323 24323
yup been known this. there was some fed tax law that took effect this year for online sales and state taxes. ITS DONE DITTO bruh

+1   

1 week ago '06        #3
njacura32tl 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$420 | Props total: 217 217
 old head said
yup been known this. there was some fed tax law that took effect this year for online sales and state taxes. ITS DONE DITTO bruh

Damn Trump messed it up for all of us
+2   

1 week ago '17        #4
lostkauze47 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,076 | Props total: 2469 2469
No sales tax here

1 week ago '14        #5
NineDime 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,605 | Props total: 4494 4494
Sht been done for a minute lol, just depends on where you live. Started w/ some states then eventually moved all around

I noticed it last year on something that was out of my budget after the sales tax
+1   

1 week ago '18        #6
Illuminati 8ob 130 heat pts130
space
space
$3,204 | Props total: 15244 15244
Cali starts this sh*t at the end of the year. So pissed.

1 week ago '15        #7
Hellmatic 3 heat pts
space
space
$22,303 | Props total: 32801 32801
fu*k trump and whoever loves him. This was unnecessary as sh*t, cause it wasn't like that for years before

1 week ago '11        #8
whouthinkitis 22 heat pts22
space
space
$9,972 | Props total: 3287 3287
So eBay finally started making sellers charge sales tax on all items regardless of what state the buyer is in?

Last year I would sell games on there off and on but when I first started I was told by eBay reps you only had to charge sales tax to buyers that were in the same state as you.

1 week ago '08        #9
supervillain 273 heat pts273
space
space
$14,142 | Props total: 3323 3323
 Hellmatic said
fu*k trump and whoever loves him. This was unnecessary as sh*t, cause it wasn't like that for years before
This was coming down the pipe way before trump bruh...I wish y’all would stop blaming everything on trump.. let y’all tell it all our problems started with trump... jeeezus Christ
+1   

1 week ago '17        #10
Mperfection 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,011 | Props total: 5009 5009
 whouthinkitis said
So eBay finally started making sellers charge sales tax on all items regardless of what state the buyer is in?

Last year I would sell games on there off and on but when I first started I was told by eBay reps you only had to charge sales tax to buyers that were in the same state as you.
Yup. Ran an online business for a while. Only had to collect taxes where my business had a presence.
+1   

7 days ago '11        #11
space
space
 Mperfection said
Yup. Ran an online business for a while. Only had to collect taxes where my business had a presence.
I had read an article after I saw this thread earlier and it seems like only a few states have implemented this so far.

I guess from my understanding (could be wrong) is that as a seller whenever you make a sale eBay will just automatically apply the sales tax to a purchase so the seller doesn't have to figure out what rate to apply.

6 days ago '17        #12
Mperfection 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,011 | Props total: 5009 5009
 whouthinkitis said
I had read an article after I saw this thread earlier and it seems like only a few states have implemented this so far.

I guess from my understanding (could be wrong) is that as a seller whenever you make a sale eBay will just automatically apply the sales tax to a purchase so the seller doesn't have to figure out what rate to apply.
sh*t it was nothing like that when i sold on ebay. I had to manually set the tax rate, which seemed weird and stupid to me. This was in 2016 so it could be different now.

6 days ago '11        #13
space
space
 Mperfection said
sh*t it was nothing like that when i sold on ebay. I had to manually set the tax rate, which seemed weird and stupid to me. This was in 2016 so it could be different now.
Yeah it could be different now. When or if I start back selling stuff on eBay I'm a ask a eBay rep about applying sales tax. You never know with eBay's rules & regulations.

6 days ago '19        #14
unit321 43 heat pts43 OP
space
space
$1,577 | Props total: 3655 3655
 njacura32tl said
Damn Trump messed it up for all of us
It had nothing to do with Trump. States were complaining that they weren't getting sales tax and local retailers were losing sales to online retailers. It was in the works for awhile regardless of who got into the office of the President.

Home         

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-16online now  53
Video inside “All I need is some Henny and a plan b”
88 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  43
Jul 17 - A Brutal Heat Wave Is Descending on the U.S.—and Blackouts May Ensue
103 comments