white boy signs 3 years of his life over to slave master for $925,000/year

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

1 week ago '19        #1
2611 page views
41 comments

unit321 44 heat pts44
space
space
$1,580 | Props total: 3666 3666
white boy signs 3 years of his life over to slave master for $925,000/year

Jack Hughes, the No. 1 pick in the 2019 NHL Draft, signed a three-year, entry-level contract with the New Jersey Devils on Friday. The contract has an average annual value of $925,000.
The 18-year-old center led the USA Hockey National Team Development Program Under-18 team with 112 points (34 goals, 78 a*sists) in 50 games last season, and his 228 points (74 goals, 154 a*sists) in two seasons with the NTDP set a program record.
visit this link https://www.nhl.com/news/ .. ey/c-308245866

NHL pays much less than other sports leagues. It is what it is though. Kid is going to make way more than I did at 18, 19, and 20 years old.
I was working part-time jobs while going to college so I think my gross pay throughout the school year and summer job was well under $4,000/yr. I didn't have a car loan or other bills though. I just worked jobs on campus.

best
worst
41 comments

1 week ago '09        #2
ImAMonster 461 heat pts461
space
space
$39,682 | Props total: 16397 16397
And 3 years later he'll have $3,000,000...at age 21...
+26   

1 week ago '06        #3
imthatinfamous 48 heat pts48
space
space
$10,600 | Props total: 9192 9192
NHL brings in the least amount on revenue when compared to the NFL, MLB, and NBA...thats why they get paid less
+13   

1 week ago '17        #4
CJ Schwarz 81 heat pts81
space
space
$4,035 | Props total: 21126 21126
Tristate area Hockey going to be epic in 5 years
+3   

1 week ago '12        #5
Ricky Retardo 47 heat pts47
space
space
$8,051 | Props total: 23068 23068
NHL is not my strong suit but this seems avg for a rookie.

I can recall (forget his name, dont feel like googling) who played for the Kings was one of the highest paid players and only avg 15 mill.

Theres bench warmers in the NBA making more than that.

Even a max contract is still sh*tty compared to NBA salaries.
+1   

1 week ago '12        #6
AlBooBoo 19 heat pts19
space
space
$49,530 | Props total: 75033 75033
If that’s what he loves play it ain’t ur life it’s his
+8   

1 week ago '19        #7
unit321 44 heat pts44 OP
space
space
 imthatinfamous said
NHL brings in the least amount on revenue when compared to the NFL, MLB, and NBA...thats why they get paid less
Yes, I know. Bettman has been trying to increase revenue and NHLPA is trying to get players income increased to what other leagues are paying. I don't see them making the same revenue as NBA or NFL for a long time, or ever to be honest. MLB seems to be shrinking though, fan ticket sales-wise.

1 week ago '19        #8
unit321 44 heat pts44 OP
space
space
 AlBooBoo said
If thatís what he loves play it ainít ur life itís his
I'm happy for him. I hope he does well. The NJ Devils have been in a drought lately.
I just find it odd that people are upset of the word team owner in the NBA, but its used in other sports leagues and not really a big deal.

1 week ago '15        #9
DamianDragunov 
space
space
$11,806 | Props total: 31655 31655
Pretty much taking away any real meaning of slavemaster with the title.
Getting almost a million a year to play a sport you love??
+11   

1 week ago '12        #10
AlBooBoo 19 heat pts19
space
space
$49,530 | Props total: 75033 75033
 unit321 said
I'm happy for him. I hope he does well. The NJ Devils have been in a drought lately.
I just find it odd that people are upset of the word team owner in the NBA, but its used in other sports leagues and not really a big deal.
The term should be changed across all
Sports imo

1 week ago '19        #11
unit321 44 heat pts44 OP
space
space
 AlBooBoo said
The term should be changed across all
Sports imo
Why? A team owner is an owner of a team. Current owners can be a person or a collection of persons in an investment group. They own the team and not the people. Players are free to quit at any time, and they lose whatever monetary gains that are in their contract if they do so. It's a job.
+3   

1 week ago '06        #12
space
space
 unit321 said
Yes, I know. Bettman has been trying to increase revenue and NHLPA is trying to get players income increased to what other leagues are paying. I don't see them making the same revenue as NBA or NFL for a long time, or ever to be honest. MLB seems to be shrinking though, fan ticket sales-wise.
The best way to justify increasing pay is to generate more revenue...

MLBs bread and butter are the TV contracts...
+1   

1 week ago '18        #13
KdenIII 25 heat pts25
space
space
$2,791 | Props total: 10623 10623
Poor kid

1 week ago '19        #14
unit321 44 heat pts44 OP
space
space
 imthatinfamous said
The best way to justify increasing pay is to generate more revenue...
MLBs bread and butter are the TV contracts...
There are a lot of hockey fans who want to watch more ice hockey, but don't have the money to pay for channels that let them watch the games that are blocked in their region. I'm talking Canadian viewers. Satellite dish companies have offered similar packages to NHL fans, NHL Center Ice, like NFL sunday ticket (which is not cheap).

My guess is that not enough people are signing up for NHL Center ice as they want. I don't. I really don't have the free time to watch that many games on my time off.

1 week ago '07        #15
21 1792 heat pts1792
space
space
$66,521 | Props total: 82485 82485
 ImAMonster said
before taxes. try slicing that in half.
+3   

1 week ago '06        #16
space
space
 unit321 said
There are a lot of hockey fans who want to watch more ice hockey, but don't have the money to pay for channels that let them watch the games that are blocked in their region. I'm talking Canadian viewers. Satellite dish companies have offered similar packages to NHL fans, NHL Center Ice, like NFL sunday ticket (which is not cheap).

My guess is that not enough people are signing up for NHL Center ice as they want. I don't. I really don't have the free time to watch that many games on my time off.
all the discussion i have been hearing is that hockey fans want the NHL to cut games in the season because, hockey being the physically demanding sport that it is, players take nights off too many times because they need to preserve their bodies...and by nights off I mean not playing as hard as they usually do...

1 week ago '19        #17
unit321 44 heat pts44 OP
space
space
 21 said
before taxes. try slicing that in half.
His agent gets a cut, and then there's federal and state tax which might be around 40%-ish, I don't know because I've never raked in that much cash. He'll probably have $3,000 to $4,000 a month rent.
That's still about $400,000 of fun money a year. At 18 years old, that's like a kid in a candy shop.

1 week ago '18        #18
Armstrong 102 
space
space
space
$931 | Props total: 1831 1831
 unit321 said
They need to add 2 more Canadian teams and one of them needs to be in Toronto to maximize revenue another Toronto team would add 400mil in revenue players union should have had made this happen 4-7 years ago

1 week ago '19        #19
unit321 44 heat pts44 OP
space
space
 Armstrong 102 said
They need to add 2 more Canadian teams and one of them needs to be in Toronto to maximize revenue another Toronto team would add 400mil in revenue players union should have had made this happen 4-7 years ago
I've heard "fan" talk of having a second Toronto team. It's a huge metro area when you loop in Mississauga. I think it's still doable if they can get an investment group or rich guy to buy a new team or transfer an existing team to their city.

Quebec wants a team, but they don't have the financing to get a new arena.
All other major cities are covered, Montreal, Ottawa, Winnipeg, Calgary and Edmonton. You could try to have a team in London, Ontario, but they are across from Detroit and I'm not sure if they can support an NHL team.

1 week ago '07        #20
stogz 19 heat pts19
space
space
$48,319 | Props total: 62610 62610
 unit321 said
I've heard "fan" talk of having a second Toronto team. It's a huge metro area when you loop in Mississauga. I think it's still doable if they can get an investment group or rich guy to buy a new team or transfer an existing team to their city.

Quebec wants a team, but they don't have the financing to get a new arena.
All other major cities are covered, Montreal, Ottawa, Winnipeg, Calgary and Edmonton. You could try to have a team in London, Ontario, but they are across from Detroit and I'm not sure if they can support an NHL team.
That's not the issue. The Maple Leafs have some kind of territorial contract with the NHL. Meaning, no one can put another team within 60km of the Leafs. That's why a few years back you never heard of any legit talk about a second NHL team in Toronto, but you did hear tons of talk about a team in Hamilton.

There has been probably in the neighborhood of 6 attempts to move the team to Hamilton. The penguins, whatever team relocated to winnipeg, a few teams. Dude from Blackberry when that company was at it's height, tried to move a team to hamilton. Tried to buy teams in CASH, the NHL, LEafs, and Sabres did all types of shady sh*t to make sure the deals never went through. Team owners took less money than Blackberry dude was offering, just so he couldn't put a team in Hamilton. Hamilton even had a season ticket drive to prove that the city would support.

Anyway,

The NHL is a gate-driven league still. That's why the money isn't there. They have been doing better in TV ratings the last few years but the american tv network deal pays peanuts. They are poised for a new TV deal and ESPN might actually see value in it.
+4   

1 week ago '10        #21
rich21886 
space
space
$1,225 | Props total: 1240 1240
Playin a sport for 925k a year I'll take it

+5   

1 week ago '06        #22
991 40 heat pts40
space
space
$8,322 | Props total: 6019 6019
I used to go to so many hockey games as a kid. The atmosphere was way more electric than basketball games. I guess f*ghting had something to do with that.
+4   

1 week ago '19        #23
zzxxccvvbb 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$982 | Props total: 2003 2003
Lot of unwoke people saying owner in here...

1 week ago '17        #24
TheLastNonEarth 125 heat pts125
space
space
$10,237 | Props total: 54772 54772
 zzxxccvvbb said
Lot of unwoke people saying owner in here...
 unit321 said
Why? A team owner is an owner of a team. Current owners can be a person or a collection of persons in an investment group. They own the team and not the people. Players are free to quit at any time, and they lose whatever monetary gains that are in their contract if they do so. It's a job.

Besides Draymond, I didn't even hear of any other player who had an issue with the word. The debate certainly isn't based on racial lines since people like Steven A angrily ranted against it. It was mostly laughed at by BX with little exception.

I won't lie, seeing these types so pressed about it put a smile on my face. All of the tough, supposedly non sensitive, non sjw types were pressed asf that day... still are apparently. Same types become enraged when reperations (something that actually won't happen) gets brought up. It speaks volumes.

[pic - click to view]

1 week ago '05        #25
old head 197 heat pts197
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 24369 24369
 ImAMonster said
nah...after all taxes paid and paying agent fees etc....he'll probably have less than half of that

Home      

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-42online now  43
Image(s) inside Blueface Robbed By The Two Women He Introduced As His Girlfriends on I..
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+33online now  20
Video inside Simp sells his Rolex for a THOT... Viewer warning, this hurts to watch
57 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-37online now  18
Jul 19 - Trump Supporter Model STRIPPED of Miss World Title for "Insensitive T..
313 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  6
Image(s) inside The INTERNET IS DOING CHANCE THE RAPPER DIRTY After He POST DEBUT ALBU..
160 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy