SpaceX’s Plans For Universal Internet Could Ruin Astronomy

most viewed right now
+37  117
43 comments @sports

section    |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section BX Tech

2 months ago '10        #1
1196 page views
5 comments

Shhon 1363 heat pts1363
space
space
$22,738 | Props total: 35740 35740
SpaceX’s Plans For Universal Internet Could Ruin Astronomy

Seeker
Published on Jun 28, 2019

SpaceX plans to launch 12,000 satellites in a mission to provide universal internet. But at what cost to studying the stars?
+1   

best
worst
5 comments

2 months ago '10        #2
ULTIMATE 003 177 heat pts177
space
space
$718 | Props total: 3607 3607
Could be a problem short term but when you consider that we're in a race to get back to the moon again I don't see this as being a long term issue. With tech advancing so rapidly the next logical step would be to build an observatory on the moon which wouldn't have to deal with any of the earth's light pollution. Also I could see a bunch of new hubble-like telescopes being launched into space as well.
+6   

2 months ago '11        #3
PotheadFocker 179 heat pts179
space
space
$35,341 | Props total: 13805 13805
 ULTIMATE 003 said
Could be a problem short term but when you consider that we're in a race to get back to the moon again I don't see this as being a long term issue. With tech advancing so rapidly the next logical step would be to build an observatory on the moon which wouldn't have to deal with any of the earth's light pollution. Also I could see a bunch of new hubble-like telescopes being launched into space as well.
1st post and you win. Close the thread folks
+1   

2 months ago '06        #4
kip99 
space
space
space
$688 | Props total: 436 436
We have never been to the moon.
+1   

4 weeks ago '05        #5
HARBINGER 461 heat pts461
space
space
$54,550 | Props total: 14467 14467
 ULTIMATE 003 said
If the Chinese get up there they're going to be mining Helium 3. One of the important purposes of said journey is to get to the moon so we can get to mars so we can get to Jupiters moons. That would be game over but how much resources does 1 need and at what cost? Its already a good idea to diversity the species and survive the sun

4 weeks ago '10        #6
Shhon 1363 heat pts1363 OP
space
space
$22,738 | Props total: 35740 35740
SpaceX plans to launch 12,000 satellites in a mission to provide universal internet. But at what cost to studying the stars?
this is a lot of more space junk, they need to do this but also somehow clean up some space debris.
Space Debris and Human Spacecraft. More than 500,000 pieces of debris, or “space junk,” are tracked as they orbit the Earth. They all travel at speeds up to 17,500 mph, fast enough for a relatively small piece of orbital debris to damage a satellite or a spacecraft.Sep 26, 2013

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+143online now  31
Potential Classic That Was Ruined...
49 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  25
Aug 22 - Epstein was MURDERED claims lawyer after receiving new info from pris..
52 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+136online now  24
Video inside INSANE: China is unlocking supernatural powers in Africans!
150 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+45online now  24
Workout Change the look of your body in only 2 workouts w/ The Snatch Grip Hig..
91 comments
2 days ago
@misc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy