Student Loan Debt MELTDOWN

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

3 weeks ago '04        #1
9796 page views
290 comments

qutaboi225 65 heat pts65
space
space
$6,006 | Props total: 14056 14056
Student Loan Debt MELTDOWN

+59   

best
worst
290 comments

3 weeks ago '04        #4
Kliq 391 heat pts391
space
space
$12,775 | Props total: 49658 49658
i agree with all of this, wages are low and college is expensive

these banks/schools/institutions most definitely prey on uninformed "children" essentially (18 is no longer an adult, i dont care what the govt says)

you have a record amount of young adults still living at home with their parents

rent in major cities is freaking ridiculous

cost of living has skyrocketed, and daily essentials are damn near unaffordable

cars are more expensive than ever

and we haven't even formally entered the age of automation yet, this sh*t is only going to get worse. it's not going to be that much longer until a huge portion of the population has to depend on government money in the form of basic universal income

knowledge is the only escape, and i don't mean a piece of paper, i mean true knowledge in the form of a skill that is quantifiable. internet is your best friend, but its up to you how you choose to use it

the rat race is speeding up, the line between the haves and have-nots will become more apparent in the coming decades

+102   

3 weeks ago '14        #5
Daptism 21 heat pts21
space
space
$8,228 | Props total: 28629 28629
 Kliq said
i agree with all of this, wages are low and college is expensive

these banks/schools/institutions most definitely prey on uninformed "children" essentially (18 is no longer an adult, i dont care what the govt says)

you have a record amount of young adults still living at home with their parents

rent in major cities is freaking ridiculous

cost of living has skyrocketed, and daily essentials are damn near unaffordable

cars are more expensive than ever

and we haven't even formally entered the age of automation yet, this sh*t is only going to get worse. it's not going to be that much longer until a huge portion of the population has to depend on government money in the form of basic universal income

knowledge is the only escape, and i don't mean a piece of paper, i mean true knowledge in the form of a skill that is quantifiable. internet is your best friend, but its up to you how you choose to use it

the rat race is speeding up, the line between the haves and have-nots will become more apparent in the coming decades

Agreed but there is a caveat.

What about individuals who have learned a particular skill that has made them flourish for 20 years but due to ageism, have been shown the door? Would a company rather hire a 40 year old programmer with 15 years of experience that will expect a good salary or pay a new college graduate 35K to do the same job but with more errors? You can always train and give them more time to settle into the position and still safe money. What will the vet due then? Companies are already screening these people out and making it very difficult for them to get calls. And it is not only in programming but in sales, information technology, consulting and a whole host of other areas. Younger is always preferred.

This is us in 10 or so years.

That is where my fear is. No matter how well situated you are in, you could always be replaced in these technology companies. With how prevalent they are in the corporate world and how they situated themselves in artificial intelligence, machine learning, web development and cyber security....one has to wonder how you can survive in the long run.

You could go into management but not everyone is built for that kind of job.

The only conclusion that comes to me is becoming an entrepreneur and future proof your business idea to withstand the coming robotics age.
+23   

3 weeks ago '13        #6
THEDONN 
space
space
$34,805 | Props total: 30983 30983

3 weeks ago '17        #7
AllWins 13 heat pts13
space
space
$3,491 | Props total: 8065 8065

We’re all victims wahhh

3 weeks ago '05        #8
Tha Boss 63 heat pts63
space
space
space
$26,847 | Props total: 55231 55231
As a college grad.....STOP fu*kIN WHINING. Nobody told you to take out them loans. Nobody forced you to go to a 4year off the bat when you can take the same courses at community college. Nobody forced you to party and get the campus experience vs being in the library on scholarships/grants. 1st world entitled punks. Hoping Bernie comes through and saves the day for their actions.

Last edited by Tha Boss; 06-25-2019 at 01:15 PM..

3 weeks ago '18        #9
SFamilyRep 21 heat pts21
space
space
$5,599 | Props total: 26853 26853
fu*k #StudentLoans
+34   

3 weeks ago '19        #10
Perfectibilist 
space
space
space
$307 | Props total: 1030 1030
Unfortunately, most of the demographic here isn't ready to have this conversation on a serious level.
+56   

3 weeks ago '19        #11
Thatdude31 
space
space
$136 | Props total: 665 665
 Tha Boss said
As a college grad.....STOP fu*kIN WHINING. Nobody told you to take out them loans. Nobody forced you to go to a 4year off the bat when you can take the same courses at community college. Nobody forced you to party and get the campus experience vs being in the library on scholarships/grants. 1st world entitled punks. Hoping Bernie comes through and saves the day for their actions.
Also as a college grad. Screw your opinion because it's beyond bias, not everyone partyed, more times than less there is severe pressure from teachers, families, friends, and cooperations, that they will not hire an individual without a degree, or you will not amount to much without a degree. Not to mention when you're not a rich privileged child you don't have the resources to get college paid for, and Fasfa only covers a certain amount of tuition, you still need books etc. Yes there are grants and scholarships HOWEVER more times than less they're not given in a timely manner and you still need money to front until you're reimbursed.

So before you pass judgement look at all circumstances. OH AND fu*k STUDENT DEBT!
+54   

3 weeks ago '04        #12
qutaboi225 65 heat pts65 OP
space
space
$6,006 | Props total: 14056 14056
 Tha Boss said
The irony that such ignorance can come from a college grad. The reason people want student loan forgiveness is because for many years in the U.S a degree was the path to success. In recent years the govt sold off those loans at astronomical rates and buried people in an unpayable debt. Then politicians sold out the jobs on a good faith agreement that they would keep jobs in the U.S. They reneged and shipped jobs abroad after flushing the economy down the toilet and taking bail out money and tax cuts. If you cant understand how the college scheme fu*ked the country on a giant scheme then your education failed you.
+40   

3 weeks ago '17        #13
Blocka Blocka 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$537 | Props total: 2020 2020
 Thatdude31 said
Also as a college grad. Screw your opinion because it's beyond bias, not everyone partyed, more times than less there is severe pressure from teachers, families, friends, and cooperations, that they will not hire an individual without a degree, or you will not amount to much without a degree. Not to mention when you're not a rich privileged child you don't have the resources to get college paid for, and Fasfa only covers a certain amount of tuition, you still need books etc. Yes there are grants and scholarships HOWEVER more times than less they're not given in a timely manner and you still need money to front until you're reimbursed.

So before you pass judgement look at all circumstances. OH AND fu*k STUDENT DEBT!
As a college grad i agree woth this message
+14   

3 weeks ago '18        #14
Thanos 2 heat pts
space
space
$830 | Props total: 1283 1283
I can relate.....I'm barely above water now but it'll get worse....may just end it all one of these days

Didn't even want to go to college, took 2 years off and moms really wanted me to go so I applied to 2 schools, got accepted to one and went.....awesome experience but look at me now
+17   

3 weeks ago '10        #15
JKO 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,615 | Props total: 2521 2521
I have a college degree, but don’t use it.

The career that I am in does not require a degree, it’s all hands on/field training (with trade school optional).

If I ever wanted to try and step into management, my degree will help (a little).

If I would have started this career fresh out of High school (2005), I’d be swimming in big big money right now.

With that being said, THERE ARE OPTIONS besides going to college.

It’s just taught to us over and over and stamped into us that “in order to be successful, you have to go to college”. .....even worst if you come from a private High school where you attending college adds to their “prestige”.
+22   

3 weeks ago '18        #16
Oswaldgatesjr 24 heat pts24
space
space
space
$6,861 | Props total: 15338 15338
 Thanos said
I can relate.....I'm barely above water now but it'll get worse....may just end it all one of these days

Didn't even want to go to college, took 2 years off and moms really wanted me to go so I applied to 2 schools, got accepted to one and went.....awesome experience but look at me now

Bro if u need to talk I'm here.
+20   

3 weeks ago '05        #17
SquirrelXss 2 heat pts
space
space
$11,972 | Props total: 3244 3244
#Nevrhadsthdentdebt

#MakeTradeSchoolsGreatAgain.

3 weeks ago '15        #18
WightAroundYo 2 heat pts
space
space
$507 | Props total: 2605 2605
Went to the navy and got skilled as a airplane mechanic. Got out the navy and got hooked up with some va benefits and a job makin 30+ a hour. Never even graduated high school lol. No student loan debt Hahahaha
+24   

3 weeks ago '09        #19
59fifty 4 heat pts
space
space
$31,759 | Props total: 22860 22860
Word I'm trying get em to stop garnishing my sh*t now...
+7   

3 weeks ago '18        #20
g lobo 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,308 | Props total: 6370 6370
 Thatdude31 said

Get a second job you bum

3 weeks ago '07        #21
Bighempin of QM 16 heat pts16
space
space
$5,812 | Props total: 5978 5978
I'm about 70k wife about 60 k. I had to get a technical degree cause my school closed before I could finish she's a nurse we Gita kid going to college now I'm scared
+2   

3 weeks ago '19        #22
Dickhead 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,219 | Props total: 3174 3174
 Tha Boss said
Im sure the average 17yearold selecting their college can be expected to have the perspective required to understand this...

I am very harsh on the way society is and the way people want to blame others for the problems but this is one of two cases where I do not blame the individuals (the other is people in poverty with no family structure getting stuck in the criminal justice system)

For the record I have 50k in student loans but I went in my late 20s with some knowledge of the world and can afford it.

Last edited by Dickhead; 06-25-2019 at 02:07 PM..
+5   

3 weeks ago '18        #23
g lobo 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 qutaboi225 said
The irony that such ignorance can come from a college grad. The reason people want student loan forgiveness is because for many years in the U.S a degree was the path to success. In recent years the govt sold off those loans at astronomical rates and buried people in an unpayable debt. Then politicians sold out the jobs on a good faith agreement that they would keep jobs in the U.S. They reneged and shipped jobs abroad after flushing the economy down the toilet and taking bail out money and tax cuts. If you cant understand how the college scheme fu*ked the country on a giant scheme then your education failed you.

You’re an advanced bum. Figure it out. No one gives a sh*t except other financially irresponsible idiots. Guess what you get to be the poor people this gen.

We don’t give af. Enough of your classe mates made it work and figured it out. Nobody feels bad for you all

In fact fu*k you. Should have joined the army if u wanted free school and perks. Get it how u live fu*k face

3 weeks ago '15        #24
Lord Funkington 
space
space
$2,447 | Props total: 3098 3098
That first tweet is probably an exaggeration but it’s still very revealing of the how predatory these banks are
+1   

3 weeks ago '18        #25
g lobo 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 d*ckhead said
Im sure the average 17yearold selecting their college can be expected to have the perspective required to understand this...

I am very harsh on the way society is and the way people want to blame others for the problems but this is one of two cases where I do not blame the individuals (the other is people in poverty with no family structure getting stuck in the criminal justice system)
Hey if I want to sell cocaine or join the marines at 17 and I end up dead or w ptsd no one gives a fu*k

Just cause u picked the safer stupid decision doesn’t mean you are immune from consequence. Figure it out (you won’t cause you’re finnancially retarded)

Plenty of people with 250k in debt paid it off. They strive to be doctors and sh*t. Your dumb a*s was bad w money at 17 and bad w money now so u can un fu*k the mess u made.

No one feels bad for you so you better strap up your boots and learn how money works

Home      

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+18online now  51
Jul 15 - Killer decapitated Instagram star “ex” 17, then shared photo of her b..
281 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+22online now  50
Image(s) inside Almost drowned in her pus-y so I swam to her butt
17 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+41online now  41
She stuntin' 💰 on ya'll niggas; sh-t she might be out of ya'll league&..
60 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  28
The panhandlers in Mexico put the panhandlers in the US to SHAME!
29 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy