Jun 25 - 9 "Art of the Deal" Quotes that explain the Trump Presidency

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

3 weeks ago '18        #1
1177 page views
26 comments

addth3sauce 29 heat pts29
space
space
$1,012 | Props total: 2285 2285
Jun 25 - 9 "Art of the Deal" Quotes that explain the Trump Presidency

A friend of Axios took the time to read Trump's 1987 book "Art of the Deal." Here are the passages that stood out now that Trump is president:

On a daily schedule: "I try not to schedule too many meetings. I leave my door open. You can't be imaginative or entrepreneurial if you've got too much structure. I prefer to come to work each day and just see what develops."
On critics: "The way I see it, critics get to say what they want to about my work, so why shouldn't I be able to say what I want to about theirs?"

On flexibility: "I never get too attached to one deal or one approach. For starters, I keep a lot of balls in the air, because most deals fall out, no matter how promising they seem at first."

On the press: "One thing I've learned about the press is that they're always hungry for a good story, and the more sensational the better. It's in the nature of the job, and I understand that. The point is that if you are a little different, or a little outrageous, or if you do things that are bold or controversial, the press is going to write about you.

On bad press: [F]rom a pure business point of view, the benefits of being written about have far outweighed the drawbacks. It's really quite simple ... The funny thing is that even a critical story, which may be hurtful personally, can be very valuable to your business."

On exaggeration: "The final key to the way I promote is bravado. I play to people's fantasies. People may not always think big themselves, but they can still get very excited by those who do. That's why a little hyperbole never hurts. People want to believe that something is the biggest and the greatest and the most spectacular. I call it truthful hyperbole. It's an innocent form of exaggeration, and a very effective form of promotion."

On f*ghting back: "[W]hen people treat me badly or unfairly or try to take advantage of me, my general attitude, all my life, has been to f*ght back very hard. The risk is you'll make a bad situation worse, and I certainly don't recommend this approach to everyone. But my experience is that if you're f*ghting for something you believe in — even if it means alienating some people along the way — things usually work out for the best in the end."

On results: "You can't con people, at least not for long. You can create excitement, you can do wonderful promotion and get all kinds of press, and you can throw in a little hyperbole. But if you don't deliver the goods, people will eventually catch on."

On competing: "I'm the first to admit that I am very competitive and that I'll do nearly anything within legal bounds to win. Sometimes, part of making a deal is denigrating your competition."

I'll just leave this here....

Last edited by addth3sauce; 06-25-2019 at 12:22 AM..
+8   

best
worst
26 comments

3 weeks ago '18        #2
danneywilliams 77 heat pts77
space
space
$2,930 | Props total: 6440 6440
Is this supposed to make Trump look bad?

Everything he said was dead on. Some of you can learn a few things.

Top 10 most propped recently  3 weeks ago '12        #3
OldBusiness 181 heat pts181
space
space
$31,052 | Props total: 57735 57735
It proves he purposely creates chaos to steer the narrative in the press.

During key failures(lol) of his campaign you can see where he tries to create a story.

Take December 18, 2018 for example. Was a sentencing day for Mike Flynn, plus that morning SDNY dissolved Trump.org for fraud.

What'd he do? Have Sarah Sanders do a press conference about how he will possibly.bend on his border demands, even tho he really had no intention to and he went right into the shut down shortly thereafter

11/7/2018 Republicans lost the house after he campaigned extensively for them. What does he do to curve the news focus? He fires Jeff Sessions mid news cycle lol.

7/27/2018
George Papadopulous gets arrested, Trump knows he has to control the news so first thing the next morning he fires Reince Prebus.

12/9/2018
The press is going crazy because Comeys testimony leaks. Trump tweets about it for 7 whole hours...realizes he needs to change the news so he announces JoHN Kellys departure.

Just look at key dates hes had a failure occur and you can see where he changes the narrative.
+17   

3 weeks ago '10        #4
Bandito 259 heat pts259
space
space
space
$9,383 | Props total: 24236 24236
 OldBusiness said
It proves he purposely creates chaos to steer the narrative in the press.

During key failures(lol) of his campaign you can see where he tries to create a story.

Take December 18, 2018 for example. Was a sentencing day for Mike Flynn, plus that morning SDNY dissolved Trump.org for fraud.

What'd he do? Have Sarah Sanders do a press conference about how he will possibly.bend on his border demands, even tho he really had no intention to and he went right into the shut down shortly thereafter

11/7/2018 Republicans lost the house after he campaigned extensively for them. What does he do to curve the news focus? He fires Jeff Sessions mid news cycle lol.

7/27/2018
George Papadopulous gets arrested, Trump knows he has to control the news so first thing the next morning he fires Reince Prebus.

12/9/2018
The press is going crazy because Comeys testimony leaks. Trump tweets about it for 7 whole hours...realizes he needs to change the news so he announces JoHN Kellys departure.

Just look at key dates hes had a failure occur and you can see where he changes the narrative.
Oh boy. They only one I disagree on is Sessions firing. That happened because the Dems took the House. Not necessarily because of the media coverage of it. Actually, Sessions was forgotten really quickly. I don't think people have even cared about the man since. He disappeared into the bushes and I am wondering if he is going to throw himself into the Alabama Senate race to get his seat back.

For all y'all out there that don't know, hyperbole is a fancy word for lying. So, he is saying he lies a lot. But, his followers say he is not like other politicians and "tells it like it is."

I am not even ready to take all this at face value anyway. The guy that wrote "The Art Of The Deal" has said he got very little input from trump and had to come up with most of the book on his own.
+8   

3 weeks ago '18        #5
addth3sauce 29 heat pts29 OP
space
space
 danneywilliams said

Nah not really. I've never read the book but it helps me understand his actions. hes still only for his own agenda and only wants to work with people that will put up with him. but it helps me understand him more. And why he never answers a question just leads people on like hes saving it for the season finale. especially not really coming through with any campaign promise. cant blame the dems on that he had house and senate control for 2 years....just saying
+1   

3 weeks ago '18        #6
space
space
 danneywilliams said

But on a real not, no malice. What do you like about him as a president. I'm really trying to figure out why people stick behind him....just curious to understand that too, not trying to bash people for what they believe and who they support

3 weeks ago '18        #7
space
space
 addth3sauce said
Nah not really. I've never read the book but it helps me understand his actions. hes still only for his own agenda and only wants to work with people that will put up with him. but it helps me understand him more. And why he never answers a question just leads people on like hes saving it for the season finale. especially not really coming through with any campaign promise. cant blame the dems on that he had house and senate control for 2 years....just saying
Trump has a habit of surrounding himself with people that disagree with each other. He says that's the best way to get both sides of the argument so he can move forward with the best plan. I'd say that goes against the narrative you put forth that he's some kind of a despot that says it's his way or the highway. He's a very open-minded person and not hard-headed at all. Also, there's an official dedicated to people like you who don't acknowledge his achievements.

addth3sauce said
But on a real not, no malice. What do you like about him as a president. I'm really trying to figure out why people stick behind him....just curious to understand that too, not trying to bash people for what they believe and who they support
Other than his policies, I like that he's fair and abides by the Constitution. I like that he doesn't speak like a politician. I like that he doesn't hold grudges and isn't bent on doing everything his way. I like that he's tough and able to maneuver through all the crap flung at him daily and focus on the things that matter to the American people. Trump came at the exact right time to defend us against the globalists. And on top of all that, dude's got a k*ller sense of humor. I like that, too.

3 weeks ago '18        #8
BrooklynDamien 4 heat pts
space
space
$3,476 | Props total: 15358 15358
These patterns are easily discernable from the guy's behavior. This ain't a news flash at all.

3 weeks ago '18        #9
space
space
 danneywilliams said
Trump has a habit of surrounding himself with people that disagree with each other. He says that's the best way to get both sides of the argument so he can move forward with the best plan. I'd say that goes against the narrative you put forth that he's some kind of a despot that says it's his way or the highway. He's a very open-minded person and not hard-headed at all. Also, there's an official dedicated to people like you who don't acknowledge his achievements.

Other than his policies, I like that he's fair and abides by the Constitution. I like that he doesn't speak like a politician. I like that he doesn't hold grudges and isn't bent on doing everything his way. I like that he's tough and able to maneuver through all the crap flung at him daily and focus on the things that matter to the American people. Trump came at the exact right time to defend us against the globalists. And on top of all that, dude's got a k*ller sense of humor. I like that, too.

Fair, thanks for responding....

I'm going to speak from my side. He does not seem fair to me. He goes only for his interests and will shut things down and create controversies or even world events just so he can swoop in and say he saved it...i.e. the Iran situation last week.

He really doesn't abide by the constitution at all. first the Foreign or Domestic Emoluments Clauses, his executive orders on immigration, which strip immigrants of their rights, which is in the bill of rights namely the 4th and 5th amendments even if you are not a citizen while in U.S. territories. The 10 counts of obstruction that Mueller could not indict him on only because he is a sitting president and said that if he was innocent they would have said it but did not. His pardon power to influence court cases. etc

And i see how his rhetoric would seem like he's anti-globalist. But he has gained his fame and somewhat fortune through being a globalist. I'm mean you just look at what is happening in Israel and Palestine with the negotiations and somehow there's a 50 billion dollar proposal yet he can't get any of his campaign promises i.e. the wall, etc. built and accomplished. I just have a feeling that he's swindling not knowing what he's truly doing like he has always done throughout his life. He backed out of the Iran Nuclear deal just to propose his own deal...even though Iran was complying with the original deal and his cabinet and advisers backed that they were complying...it makes no senses to me. But that's just my thoughts If you'd like to reply feel free.
+5   

3 weeks ago '18        #10
space
space
 addth3sauce said
Fair, thanks for responding....

I'm going to speak from my side. He does not seem fair to me. He goes only for his interests and will shut things down and create controversies or even world events just so he can swoop in and say he saved it...i.e. the Iran situation last week.

He really doesn't abide by the constitution at all. first the Foreign or Domestic Emoluments Clauses, his executive orders on immigration, which strip immigrants of their rights, which is in the bill of rights namely the 4th and 5th amendments even if you are not a citizen while in U.S. territories. The 10 counts of obstruction that Mueller could not indict him on only because he is a sitting president and said that if he was innocent they would have said it but did not. His pardon power to influence court cases. etc

And i see how his rhetoric would seem like he's anti-globalist. But he has gained his fame and somewhat fortune through being a globalist. I'm mean you just look at what is happening in Israel and Palestine with the negotiations and somehow there's a 50 billion dollar proposal yet he can't get any of his campaign promises i.e. the wall, etc. built and accomplished. I just have a feeling that he's swindling not knowing what he's truly doing like he has always done throughout his life. He backed out of the Iran Nuclear deal just to propose his own deal...even though Iran was complying with the original deal and his cabinet and advisers backed that they were complying...it makes no senses to me. But that's just my thoughts If you'd like to reply feel free.
What exactly are his interests? You mean the American people's interests? Jobs, fair trade, border security, balancing NATO, that kinda stuff?

Also, you guys need to start distinguishing immigrants from illegal immigrants. Huge difference. Keep in mind the 4th amendment mentions probable cause. Being illegal is a crime. People forget that.

If Trump obstructed, then Mueller would have never been able to release his report. Mueller knew he had a dud and wasted taxpayer money and two plus years of everyone's time so he knew he had to create some sort of narrative that if only Trump wasn't the sitting president, that he'd be indicted. It's all phony.

Regarding your last paragraph, I already sent you a link of the promises he's kept.

3 weeks ago '11        #11
Sin 2167 heat pts2167
space
space
$32,086 | Props total: 98205 98205
 danneywilliams said

[pic - click to view]

+4   

3 weeks ago '18        #12
space
space
How does his tweet relate to the quote? Both are true.

3 weeks ago '11        #13
Sin 2167 heat pts2167
space
space
 danneywilliams said
How does his tweet relate to the quote? Both are true.
When the press is trying to call him out he calls them the enemy
+3   

3 weeks ago '18        #14
space
space
 Sin said
When the press is trying to call him out he calls them the enemy
He calls out fake news when he sees fake news. He also speaks to the press pretty much on a daily basis and answers most of what they throw out.

3 weeks ago '11        #15
Sin 2167 heat pts2167
space
space
 danneywilliams said
He calls out fake news when he sees fake news. He also speaks to the press pretty much on a daily basis and answers most of what they throw out.
what's fake news though because trumps calls a lot of credible news fake

[tweet - click to view]

[tweet - click to view]

[tweet - click to view]

+6   

3 weeks ago '07        #16
Damagegadget 495 heat pts495
space
space
$40,597 | Props total: 27555 27555
Funny sheltered Americans talk about globalization not knowing nationalism is a global thing right now yes he came right when they needed to create divisions

3 weeks ago '18        #17
johnjohn718 
space
space
$259 | Props total: 319 319
the fu*king goat. trynna tell ya. stay woke my friends.

Top 10 most propped recently  3 weeks ago '12        #18
space
space
 Bandito said
Oh boy. They only one I disagree on is Sessions firing. That happened because the Dems took the House. Not necessarily because of the media coverage of it. Actually, Sessions was forgotten really quickly. I don't think people have even cared about the man since. He disappeared into the bushes and I am wondering if he is going to throw himself into the Alabama Senate race to get his seat back.

For all y'all out there that don't know, hyperbole is a fancy word for lying. So, he is saying he lies a lot. But, his followers say he is not like other politicians and "tells it like it is."

I am not even ready to take all this at face value anyway. The guy that wrote "The Art Of The Deal" has said he got very little input from trump and had to come up with most of the book on his own.
Exactly lol. Its just proof that he doesnt hate the press, he LOVES the press amd hes been manipulating them daily to carry out his demands lol.

Trump will create bad bullsh*t news, to get the press to stop talking about terrible factual news for him lol.
+2   

Top 10 most propped recently  3 weeks ago '12        #19
space
space
 Damagegadget said
Funny sheltered Americans talk about globalization not knowing nationalism is a global thing right now yes he came right when they needed to create divisions
Its because they have no idea what globalism is.

The president literally has Jared Kushner pushing one of the most globalist agendas we have ever seen. This Palestinian 50 billion dollar deal is something the Magats refuse to even address because they know it shatters every time ir they told themselves about trumps agenda.

Its not america first, its not a wall, its mot jobs or healthcare, its not law & order. Its the furthering of special interests on the world stage to the "nth" degree while promoting fake nationalism. Hes pushing the debt through the roof, tip toeing on war, and sending billions of tax payer money abroad while he promised him he would inject it into America.

The guy fu*ked the farmers over only to offer them money they still havent gotten.

But Palestine got paid.
+5   

3 weeks ago '19        #20
zzxxccvvbb 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$974 | Props total: 1998 1998
One month we are talking about how he didn't actually write this book

Next month the book is a blueprint to his presidency

I feel like if people liked the book then they side with the author and say Trump didn't write it

If people hate the book they say it is stupid and Trump wrote it.

IMO, Trump is really really quick and "street smart," but I question if he's ever read a book in his life.
+2   

3 weeks ago '11        #21
Sin 2167 heat pts2167
space
space
 zzxxccvvbb said
One month we are talking about how he didn't actually write this book

Next month the book is a blueprint to his presidency

I feel like if people liked the book then they side with the author and say Trump didn't write it

If people hate the book they say it is stupid and Trump wrote it.

IMO, Trump is really really quick and "street smart," but I question if he's ever read a book in his life.
i believe he either got the audiobook or had someone read it to him atleast or i hope
+1   

3 weeks ago '19        #22
Gold Face 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,022 | Props total: 11550 11550
He gotta better deal then nafta

+1   

3 weeks ago '19        #23
unit321 43 heat pts43
space
space
$1,565 | Props total: 3634 3634
I not saying he's good or bad, but I would say that Hillary Clinton would have been worse than him.

3 weeks ago '07        #24
Damagegadget 495 heat pts495
space
space
$40,597 | Props total: 27555 27555
 OldBusiness said
Its because they have no idea what globalism is.

The president literally has Jared Kushner pushing one of the most globalist agendas we have ever seen. This Palestinian 50 billion dollar deal is something the Magats refuse to even address because they know it shatters every time ir they told themselves about trumps agenda.

Its not america first, its not a wall, its mot jobs or healthcare, its not law & order. Its the furthering of special interests on the world stage to the "nth" degree while promoting fake nationalism. Hes pushing the debt through the roof, tip toeing on war, and sending billions of tax payer money abroad while he promised him he would inject it into America.

The guy fu*ked the farmers over only to offer them money they still havent gotten.

But Palestine got paid.
worst part being as well they have no idea, they art of a "deal" from a business perspective, the consumer of this BS always gets the short end in the long run

3 weeks ago '17        #25
Ymmot 20 heat pts20
space
space
space
$12,634 | Props total: 30056 30056
 Gold Face said
He gotta better deal then nafta

No, no he didn't. But he made you think he did. It's in the art of the deal. You clearly didn't read it.

Home      

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+34online now  63
Video inside Ayesha Currys milly rock will bring all the boys to the yard
72 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+35online now  35
Image(s) inside You Every Smash A Girl In A Van That Double As Her House While Her Pet..
67 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+26online now  30
Image(s) inside Elon Musk confirms the book of Revelations...
150 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  15
audio inside Kanye West - Bye Bye Baby 《LEAK》
39 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy