Game Theory: YOUTUBE IS KILLING GAMING!!!

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

3 weeks ago '18        #1
2755 page views
48 comments

Blaffy 171 heat pts171
space
space
$12,479 | Props total: 41924 41924
Game Theory: YOUTUBE IS k*llING GAMING!!!

mr_underground said image
Summary if you don't want to watch 25 mins

- YouTube is getting stricter with content and will demonetize anything with violence, s*xually suggestive and profanity. So creators can't make money playing games which means the game won't get promoted like in the past. Mortal Kombat 11 is a perfect example. Its being strongly filtered on youtube which hurts its sales as the hype can't build.

- Google launched the Stadia gaming platform which features violent games including Mortal Kombat 11. So but youtube block MK11 so everyone is confused as Google is f*ghting with itself and can't seem to get anything right. They're launching a gaming platform to promote youtube gaming but youtube gaming blocks 90% off the Stadia titles which is why Roblox, Minecratft and Fortnite stay #1 on youtube while other titles are failing now.

- This move hurts everyone involved. Develops want free promotion from gamers but neither is happening as gamers aren't getting paid to play online so developers don't get sales.

- The reason he is saying YouTube is k*lling gaming is because of total views. Twitch will get 144 million while youtube is close to 600 million so it has more reach.

Last edited by Blaffy; 06-24-2019 at 06:11 PM..
+5   

best
worst
48 comments

3 weeks ago '06        #2
gettin_doe 30 heat pts30
space
space
$2,579 | Props total: 2758 2758
I would say twitch tv is
+6   

3 weeks ago '16        #3
SeanFiero 172 heat pts172
space
space
space
$6,138 | Props total: 13567 13567
Didn't watch but I've said this for awhile. Not many YouTubers are actually good at the games they play, it's for views. From fortnite, gta, 2k, Minecraft, etc I see mostly streamers doing it for the views and YouTube money. Add in the fact these sutdios are making their games for streamers, (the loot wave, dlc rollouts etc)

Story mode/offline/co-op is almost obsolete in gaming. Esports should be more popular than what it is. I noticed this around 08 or something when cod trick snipers shot vids were getting more clicks than actual deathmatch gameplay.

But hey I didn't watch the op so I could be totally off my rocker right now.
+13   

3 weeks ago '12        #4
Tron Carter 25 heat pts25
space
space
$5,065 | Props total: 2927 2927
didn’t watch it but i’ve been saying this from a gameplay perspective.
gears and COD had the montages and ppl would go for those similar trick shots and stuff. ppl would blindfire, quickscope and stuff but it wasn’t a consistent thing. you still got the satisfaction off a good 360 quickscope on Rust.
but 2k15 was the biggest YT to gameplay shift for me and everybody started doing the same exact sh*t as a youtuber they saw. same jumper, crossovers, dunks, gameplan, clothes, etc. they would just make bad copies of youtubers and it’s still a thing today. sh*t i use base 28 or 24 lmao.
in f*ghters it’s so many combo tutorials for ppl to learn and that makes f*ghters more accessible to newcomers.
+4   

3 weeks ago '16        #5
Boogersugar 67 heat pts67
space
space
$5,987 | Props total: 21340 21340
Do sales numbers support this or are folks yapping out their butt because they don't like Twitch or whatever
+3   

3 weeks ago '17        #6
TeamBrinkz 
space
space
space
$758 | Props total: 790 790
didn't watch as well, but my point of view on this is that if someone plays a game 10-12 hours a day, everyday, there is no way an average person can compete with them, and really kids either with a normal life schedule, so you just have pro level players sh*t canning everyone on the server to anything online competitive.

I mean you have a group of people who just play non stop and get paid for the sh*t, it' really no way to compete with that level of gaming as a regular human. they really need to come up with streamer only servers or somesh*t in order to fix it, which i'm not sure they can. streamers know all the tips & tricks and practice the sh*t nonstop.
+3   

3 weeks ago '04        #7
Exs 497 heat pts497
space
space
$14,159 | Props total: 33685 33685
So the key to gaming was discovering that the 60$ you spent was ill advised and the game was actually trash and we should trade it in for 20% credit towards the next piece of trash?

Thanks to Youtube Gamestop will be gone by 2022
+7   

3 weeks ago '18        #8
Blaffy 171 heat pts171 OP
space
space
$12,479 | Props total: 41924 41924
 SeanFiero said
Didn't watch but I've said this for awhile. Not many YouTubers are actually good at the games they play, it's for views. From fortnite, gta, 2k, Minecraft, etc I see mostly streamers doing it for the views and YouTube money. Add in the fact these sutdios are making their games for streamers, (the loot wave, dlc rollouts etc)

Story mode/offline/co-op is almost obsolete in gaming. Esports should be more popular than what it is. I noticed this around 08 or something when cod trick snipers shot vids were getting more clicks than actual deathmatch gameplay.

Tron Carter said
didnít watch it but iíve been saying this from a gameplay perspective.
gears and COD had the montages and ppl would go for those similar trick shots and stuff. ppl would blindfire, quickscope and stuff but it wasnít a consistent thing. you still got the satisfaction off a good 360 quickscope on Rust.
but 2k15 was the biggest YT to gameplay shift for me and everybody started doing the same exact sh*t as a youtuber they saw. same jumper, crossovers, dunks, gameplan, clothes, etc. they would just make bad copies of youtubers and itís still a thing today. sh*t i use base 28 or 24 lmao.
in f*ghters itís so many combo tutorials for ppl to learn and that makes f*ghters more accessible to newcomers.
 TeamBrinkz said
didn't watch as well, but my point of view on this is that if someone plays a game 10-12 hours a day, everyday, there is no way an average person can compete with them, and really kids either with a normal life schedule, so you just have pro level players sh*t canning everyone on the server to anything online competitive.

I mean you have a group of people who just play non stop and get paid for the sh*t, it' really no way to compete with that level of gaming as a regular human. they really need to come up with streamer only servers or somesh*t in order to fix it, which i'm not sure they can. streamers know all the tips & tricks and practice the sh*t nonstop.

Y'all are the mutha fu*kin reason why I like putting stupid list or no list

1. Watch the video
- if you Aint got time come back to it another time or day

2. You guys think this video is about trick shots or certain skills that a player does while on youtube. It's about the sales, marketing, and censorship, it is affecting the game sales and the youtuber filming.
+10   

3 weeks ago '14        #9
Aquas 11 heat pts11
space
space
$1,416 | Props total: 387 387
It is. Casuals take up at least 70% of YouTube. All the real fans of anything reside on internet forums. You can best believe these developers ain't looking to gamefaqs or here for no advice/community feedback.

To encapsulate- Casuals are ruining gaming.
+6   

3 weeks ago '17        #10
SPdaGOAT 36 heat pts36
space
space
$17,749 | Props total: 37524 37524
I feel like people who talking about gaming dying dont own a switch
+4   

3 weeks ago '17        #11
SPdaGOAT 36 heat pts36
space
space
BTW, I couldnt go past a minute cause of dude’s voice
+2   

3 weeks ago '04        #12
mr_underground|m 2207 heat pts2207
space
space
$24,880 | Props total: 39372 39372

- YouTube is getting stricter with content and will demonetize anything with violence, s*xually suggestive and profanity. So creators can't make money playing games which means the game won't get promoted like in the past. Mortal Kombat 11 is a perfect example. Its being strongly filtered on youtube which hurts its sales as the hype can't build.

- Google launched the Stadia gaming platform which features violent games including Mortal Kombat 11. So but youtube block MK11 so everyone is confused as Google is f*ghting with itself and can't seem to get anything right. They're launching a gaming platform to promote youtube gaming but youtube gaming blocks 90% off the Stadia titles which is why Roblox, Minecratft and Fortnite stay #1 on youtube while other titles are failing now.

- This move hurts everyone involved. Develops want free promotion from gamers but neither is happening as gamers aren't getting paid to play online so developers don't get sales.

- The reason he is saying YouTube is k*lling gaming is because of total views. Twitch will get 144 million while youtube is close to 600 million so it has more reach.

Last edited by mr_underground; 06-24-2019 at 01:17 PM..
+7   

3 weeks ago '15        #13
gemini8686 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$2,744 | Props total: 8057 8057
Kids rather watch someone else play a game than play themselves.
+11   

3 weeks ago '16        #14
SeanFiero 172 heat pts172
space
space
space
$6,138 | Props total: 13567 13567
 Blaffy said

1. Watch the video

2. You guys think this video is about trick shots or certain skills that a player does while on youtube. It's about the sales, marketing, and censorship, it is affecting the game sales and the youtuber filming.

I said that.

I'm just telling you how I feel about YouTube and gaming my guy. I'm high and rambling

+4   

3 weeks ago '11        #15
Tony Franks 6 heat pts
space
space
$11,845 | Props total: 8531 8531
I didnt watch, but i can safely say everything in the video is bullsh*t

3 weeks ago '17        #16
therunawayx 13 heat pts13
space
space
$1,714 | Props total: 6238 6238
 SPdaGOAT said
I feel like people who talking about gaming dying dont own a switch
Thinking about copping switch after I called myself quitting gaming

Life is pretty boring without gaming

Smash just added Banjo Kazooie. It keeps calling me

Last edited by therunawayx; 06-24-2019 at 01:50 PM..

3 weeks ago '17        #17
SPdaGOAT 36 heat pts36
space
space
 therunawayx said
Thinking about copping switch after I called myself quitting gaming

Life is pretty boring without gaming

Smash just added Banjo Kazooie. It keeps calling me

Do it man trust. I found a cheap one on offerup a few weeks ago to have one that goes online for 180 then two later that week went up for 150 and 125. Dont even trip if it dont come with a dock, you can get one for cheap or just get a charger.

If you can get one that can play retroarch so you got all the old games even better
+2   

3 weeks ago '12        #18
Tron Carter 25 heat pts25
space
space
$5,065 | Props total: 2927 2927
 Blaffy said

1. Watch the video

but it’s more to youtube affecting gaming than just what he’s stating though lol. even if i watched it i’m gonna talk about how youtube affected gameplay cause it’s what i’ve noticed over the years and what i’m sure most of us gamers can relate to.

and MK the highest sold game so far this year even with the filtering done on YT so i don’t think it’s that drastic lol.

3 weeks ago '05        #19
Micheal C. Will 35 heat pts35
space
space
$32,280 | Props total: 31970 31970
Loot boxes and microtransactions is k*lling gaming, I would say more than YouTube is.

YouTube seems like a developer/publisher problem, whereas the two things that I mentioned above is an actual problem for gamers.
+2   

3 weeks ago '04        #20
Young Professa 11 heat pts11
space
space
$16,933 | Props total: 10034 10034
mannn....that's some paradox

3 weeks ago '17        #21
92baby 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,846 | Props total: 27294 27294
 Blaffy said

1. Watch the video

No body care n*gga tell them developers stop making half a*s games

And stop taking sh*t out people enjoy

+2   

3 weeks ago '04        #22
Prometheus 39 heat pts39
space
space
$2,265 | Props total: 10566 10566
I couldnít listen to this simp talk.

Cliffs or take that sh*t to reddit

3 weeks ago '16        #23
Boogersugar 67 heat pts67
space
space
$5,987 | Props total: 21340 21340
 mr_underground said

These hella paid developers aren't getting free marketing? What are they to do? Pay for it? Invest in marketing their products???

+3   

3 weeks ago '15        #24
Mystic 317 heat pts317
space
space
space
$12,780 | Props total: 25766 25766
 Boogersugar said
Do sales numbers support this or are folks yapping out their butt because they don't like Twitch or whatever
this is the same dude who said sonic is not as fast as they say because he does not go that fast in the games

[video - click to view]

he said that Mario is faster :juststop2;
+1   

3 weeks ago '06        #25
SharpenUrSword 10 heat pts10
space
space
$12,468 | Props total: 8074 8074
 Boogersugar said
exactly, this sh*t dumb

Home      

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+18online now  55
Jul 15 - Killer decapitated Instagram star ďexĒ 17, then shared photo of her b..
281 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+22online now  54
Image(s) inside Almost drowned in her pus-y so I swam to her butt
17 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+40online now  43
She stuntin' 💰 on ya'll niggas; sh-t she might be out of ya'll league&..
60 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+16online now  23
The panhandlers in Mexico put the panhandlers in the US to SHAME!
29 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy