Instagram influencer couple sets up GoFundMe to fund their vacation

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

1 month ago '15        #1
6824 page views
110 comments

isthistobe 462 heat pts462
space
space
$5,811 | Props total: 27006 27006
Instagram influencer couple sets up GoFundMe to fund their vacation

View this post on Instagram

We could write a long text about mental health or global warming. We could tell you about following your dreams, or how important stepping out of your comfort zone is. We could tell you how beautiful traveling is, and it’s benefits, or the fact that most news don’t match reality. But we’re going to show you!* Less talking more action. Starting on the 20th of July in the middle of Germany, on a tandem, me and Eli *will cycle towards Africa, and hopefully beyond. We want to take you all on this huge adventure. A celebration of life, as we ride freely across mountains, by the sea and through metropolitans. We will show the beauty of this planet and it’s inhabitants, but also the ugliness. But we can not do this on our own. We need you! The funds we raise will go towards the bike and gear, food and accommodation (when needed), internet and SIM cards in every country to keep you up to date, insurance, emergencies. We need funds now for preparation as well as throughout our trip. Every dollar, every message, every couch or garden for our tent, any help you can offer will help us go further.* We hope you all enjoy and learn with us. TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE another beautiful day with love Cat and Eli Link in bio Or paypal Abd_cat@hotmail.com

A post shared by CAT AND ELENA (@another_beautiful_day_official) on

visit this link https://www.insider.com/i .. nd-trip-2019-6

A pair of Instagram influencers are being heavily criticized after asking their followers and members of the public to fund their vacation.

Self-described "lovers, travellers, dream chasers" Catalin Onc and Elena Engelhardt run an Instagram account called Another Beautiful Day Official, where they have 34.8k followers.

The couple recently announced plans for a tandem cycling trip to and through Africa from Germany but they asked their followers to help raise 10,000 ($11,215) for the vacation.

They continued: "But we can not do this on our own. We need you!"

best
worst
110 comments

1 month ago '17        #2
Thegreatiandi 
space
space
$2,029 | Props total: 8244 8244

[pic - click to view]

+42   

1 month ago '17        #3
LazyLeg 
space
space
$1,660 | Props total: 5038 5038
I don't blame them people give their money away everyday to some dumb sh*t. Since this got publicity they probably won't get it but the next people asking for other people to finance their vacation probably will
+58   

1 month ago '04        #4
DaLonStyliciouz 
space
space
space
$1,210 | Props total: 39 39
13 people donated.
+4   

1 month ago '06        #5
TreZ 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$10,437 | Props total: 4000 4000
so stupid... no one should donate to them
+15   

1 month ago '05        #6
klew 229 heat pts229
space
space
$10,240 | Props total: 3511 3511
 LazyLeg said
I don't blame them people give their money away everyday to some dumb sh*t. Since this got publicity they probably won't get it but the next people asking for other people to finance their vacation probably will
+6   

1 month ago '06        #7
PremiumBreeze 
space
space
space
$785 | Props total: 1094 1094

I mean all those followers and more people who have seen It, they only got a couple hunnid. Just glad to see people ain’t foolish enough to fall for it, then they thought that faux keepin it a buck summary on the gofundme page was gonna make it better.......anyone get word of when Umar building the school?
+21   

1 month ago '06        #8
kip99 
space
space
space
$669 | Props total: 306 306
Cant knock the hustle. If idiots in churches fund private jets, what's a vacation?
+56   

1 month ago '15        #9
RickJamez 15 heat pts15
space
space
$1,045 | Props total: 2948 2948
You dont need 10k if you gonna ride through Africa on a bike.
It's also very stupid to carry around so much money on you all the time cause its very rare to find an atm if you are not close to a big city.
Those bi*ches probably gonna rent a car where they can mount their bikes on and make it look like they riding on their bikes through Africa.

I'm already seeing this couple getting getting robbed or ever worse on their bikes somewhere far from population.
Without a car these w
[spoiler - click to view]

people wont survive whole Africa.
+11   

1 month ago '19        #10
World Wide Pleb 
space
space
$110 | Props total: 864 864
fu*k these bums get a job

+24   

1 month ago '16        #11
Boogersugar 72 heat pts72
space
space
$6,170 | Props total: 22156 22156
 PremiumBreeze said

I mean all those followers and more people who have seen It, they only got a couple hunnid. Just glad to see people aint foolish enough to fall for it, then they thought that faux keepin it a buck summary on the gofundme page was gonna make it better.......anyone get word of when Umar building the school?
I didn't get a couple hundred bucks in free money today, I had to take my stanking a*s to work

+14   

1 month ago '17        #12
JacobWatch 9 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,280 | Props total: 10488 10488
Hopefully they only get enough money to make it to DR

+27   

1 month ago '14        #13
Sphynx 162 heat pts162
space
space
$13,344 | Props total: 50176 50176
sh*t like this is the reason why I stopped taking GOFundMe serious YEARS ago.

Started off as a way to crowd source money for real causes and actual people in need.

Became a digital panhandling hub where people can beg for money, for sh*t they don't need, without feeling shame. All based on the idea that "some simp/sucker gon give it up"

Hoes on there talking about "Fund my move to LA so I can follow my dreams of being an Instagram model"

[pic - click to view]

+42   

1 month ago '11        #14
Tony Franks 6 heat pts
space
space
$11,879 | Props total: 8641 8641
Dam, they were prolly thinking "if our 34k followers just donated a dollar each, we are set".
+19   

1 month ago '06        #15
"SS" 32 heat pts32
space
space
$12,350 | Props total: 15529 15529
People will donate to anything, some trifling bi*ch stole my gas cap the other day and im on Facebook joking about the sh*t, and this chick says im gonna start you a GoFundMe for a new gas cap and idiots were actually donating. I told her to refund the sh*t, but i don't know if she did or not
+10   

1 month ago '18        #16
Dehone 
space
space
$3,971 | Props total: 12424 12424
I can smell these stinky fu*ks through my phone

I was also unaware that you're influencing anything with 34k followers

Last edited by Dehone; 06-18-2019 at 06:22 AM..
+17   

1 month ago '14        #17
Soaring Seagull 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,143 | Props total: 7801 7801
LMAO they got flamed so hard that their last post is a "social media break"

Dude claimed that for the first time ever he was gonna take a walk (for his mental health)

Somebody replied "walk to a job interview"

+39   

1 month ago '05        #18
blackninja 14 heat pts14
space
space
$7,942 | Props total: 11096 11096
There is no link to their campaign in the post. This is one time that I am grateful that the link was omitted.

+3   

1 month ago '10        #19
pacman45 12 heat pts12
space
space
$4,744 | Props total: 10323 10323
Real sh*t im not even mad at this bullsh*t. If these morons gonna donate to them then thats outta my hands.
+5   

1 month ago '16        #20
Jimmy Russell 210 heat pts210
space
space
$8,247 | Props total: 22533 22533
I already donated $5

Can't wait for the bike trip. Hopefully there's a lot of pic and vid updates on the gram

1 month ago '07        #21
dhead_txn 
space
space
$1,013 | Props total: 277 277
The comments on the Insta page are good.

This idiot is doing this bc he has so many tattoos that he can't get a normal job
+10   

1 month ago '07        #22
dhead_txn 
space
space
$1,013 | Props total: 277 277
 Soaring Seagull said

Dude claimed that for the first time ever he was gonna take a walk (for his mental health)

He posted about a 30 day challenge and someone said how about you do 30 days of trying to get a job
+17   

1 month ago '07        #23
*-InfiniMatic-* 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,393 | Props total: 5420 5420
 Soaring Seagull said

this post
+6   

1 month ago '17        #24
BLACK FIST 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,739 | Props total: 22038 22038
 RickJamez said
You dont need 10k if you gonna ride through Africa on a bike.
It's also very stupid to carry around so much money on you all the time cause its very rare to find an atm if you are not close to a big city.
Those bi*ches probably gonna rent a car where they can mount their bikes on and make it look like they riding on their bikes through Africa.

I'm already seeing this couple getting getting robbed or ever worse on their bikes somewhere far from population.
Without a car these w
[spoiler - click to view]

people wont survive whole Africa.
+4   

1 month ago '04        #25
AkaiMakai 
space
space
space
$376 | Props total: 228 228
i fu*k with this... no different then when a bum comes up to me asking for a dollar and just tells me he needs a beer. Id rather that then you tell me youre hungry but spend my dollar on crack.

Home      

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  55
Son, What The F*ck?!
68 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  35
Jul 21 - #shooterBae let it go on da opps at wally world
144 comments