Jun 17 - New York lost. “Renters are looking to leave New York for Dallas”

most viewed right now
15 comments @thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '17        #1
3006 page views
86 comments

Mr Scaramucci 1253 heat pts1253
space
space
$5,447 | Props total: 65326 65326
Jun 17 - New York lost. “Renters are looking to leave New York for Dallas”

Renters are looking to leave New York, Chicago for Dallas
Start spreading the news. They’re leaving today…for North Texas.
[​IMG]
DALLAS — Renters looking to move to the Dallas-Fort Worth area are more likely to be searching from New York City than from any other metro area.

New York, San Antonio and Chicago topped the list of places people are leaving to relocate to Dallas, according to data released this week by Apartment List.

RELATED: Whatasale: Whataburger sold to Chicago-based investment banking company

Breaking it down, 4.8 percent of DFW apartment searches on the Apartment List site are coming from renters in New York. Another 4 percent are coming from San Antonio, and 3.6 percent are from Chicago.

RELATED: Where North Texas ranks among most affordable cities to live and work

Chris Salviati, housing economist with Apartment List, said it makes sense that renters in New York and Chicago would find Dallas to be an attractive alternative.

“Dallas has enjoyed significant economic growth in recent years while retaining an affordable cost of living — this is an increasingly rare balance among major American metropolitan areas,” Salviati wrote in an email. “While New York has long had one of the nation's most dynamic economies, the cost of living is also among the nation's highest. Chicago, on the other hand, is relatively affordable but has experienced much more stagnant economic growth.”

On the flip side, renters seeking to leave DFW are most likely heading to San Antonio, Los Angeles or Phoenix, according to the platform that connects renters with apartment listings. Seven percent of searches originating in DFW are coming from renters looking to leave for the Alamo City, 5.5 percent want to head to L.A. and 4.6 want to flee to Phoenix.

Salviati also noted that seven of the 10 most common origin locations for inbound searches to the DFW metro are located outside of Texas.

“Dallas has emerged as a top tier knowledge hub that is attracting renters from around the country,” he wrote. “Dallas ranks No. 11 for attracting renters from outside the metro, and No. 9 for retaining renters that already live there, indicating that the area is poised to continue growing.”

visit this link https://www.wfaa.com/arti .. ut8LugGN5YQACg

best
worst
86 comments

1 month ago '09        #2
Puppet Master 197 heat pts197
space
space
$26,784 | Props total: 35180 35180
then they'll visit Houston and say fu*k Dallas

+41   

1 month ago '04        #3
dc3003 137 heat pts137
space
space
$50,718 | Props total: 54765 54765
Florida too by the millions. Escaping democratic policies

1 month ago '04        #4
TizOnly1 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$10,686 | Props total: 21029 21029
This doesn't mean anything necessarily.

For one, New York is the most heavily populated city in the country, so if you do a poll on damn near anything, New Yorkers will lead it.

But yeah, people make money in New York, then leave to go somewhere with lower cost of living. This ain't new.
+23   

1 month ago '14        #5
tygamann1 174 heat pts174
space
space
$13,399 | Props total: 17458 17458
New Yorkers will go to Houston, Atlanta, Charlotte, the DMV, and FL before they go to Dallas imo
+11   

1 month ago '17        #6
Petieparker 6 heat pts
space
space
$2,734 | Props total: 8867 8867
 Puppet Master said
then they'll visit Houston and say fu*k Dallas

I live in Houston and will tell ppl upfront if your in ya 20s and single Houston will probably be a slight better choice. If your older looking to settle and raise a family DFW suburbs will be a better choice.

I’ll even start to say DFW is probably getting better as a choice for singles while Houston is slowly decreasing in value. Still a gang of things to do but traffic is worst than DFW, economy is not as diverse, apartments are more expensive cause everybody moving down here and did I forgot to mention more flooding? I know DFW gets tornados more but flooding and hurricanes are worst and more common in Houston.

Both still got a ton of amenities and things to do at the end of the day. Dallas is a little more expensive but jobs tend to pay more too.
+6   

1 month ago '17        #7
Petieparker 6 heat pts
space
space
$2,734 | Props total: 8867 8867
 tygamann1 said
New Yorkers will go to Houston, Atlanta, Charlotte, the DMV, and FL before they go to Dallas imo
I’ll give you the other cities but outside of Miami, Florida ain’t got no cities fu*king with Dallas on quality of life. And I been to Charlotte and uhhhh that’s Atlanta little brother as far as what it has to offer. DFW has wayyyy more than Charlotte. Lol y’all sleeping on Dallas.
+4   

1 month ago '05        #8
BurninLz 35 heat pts35
space
space
$11,327 | Props total: 4985 4985
 dc3003 said
Florida too by the millions. Escaping democratic policies
Are you dense?

Republicans have controlled Florida for decades. Why it's still a dumpster fire and they never do anything that would actually benefit people like legalizing cannabis and stop destroying our environment
+17   

1 month ago '06        #9
imthatinfamous 48 heat pts48
space
space
$10,566 | Props total: 9117 9117
 TizOnly1 said
This doesn't mean anything necessarily.

For one, New York is the most densely populated city in the country, so if you do a poll on damn near anything, New Yorkers will lead it.

But yeah, people make money in New York, then leave to go somewhere with lower cost of living. This ain't new.
fixed
+1   

1 month ago '06        #10
space
space
 BurninLz said
Are you dense?

Republicans have controlled Florida for decades. Why it's still a dumpster fire and they never do anything that would actually benefit people like legalizing cannabis and stop destroying our environment

all the things Florida needs...but this is at the top of the list

1 month ago '05        #11
BurninLz 35 heat pts35
space
space
$11,327 | Props total: 4985 4985
 imthatinfamous said

all the things Florida needs...but this is at the top of the list
Government policies have destroyed Florida's environment more than arguably anywhere else in the country.. and legalized cannabis would inject billions of dollars into the local economy.. so yes, they're pretty damn high
+6   

1 month ago '14        #12
tygamann1 174 heat pts174
space
space
$13,399 | Props total: 17458 17458
 Petieparker said
I’ll give you the other cities but outside of Miami, Florida ain’t got no cities fu*king with Dallas on quality of life. And I been to Charlotte and uhhhh that’s Atlanta little brother as far as what it has to offer. DFW has wayyyy more than Charlotte. Lol y’all sleeping on Dallas.
I hear you but East coasters tend to stick to the east coast states. If you run a more focused report I'm willing to bet that all things scaled, most ppl heading to Texas are from the south, chicago or the west coast
+1   

1 month ago '17        #13
Tom Herman 376 heat pts376
space
space
$13,753 | Props total: 48323 48323
No thank you. Move to cali or stay in trash a*s nyc. Dont come to my state

1 month ago '17        #14
justin747 48 heat pts48
space
space
$13,786 | Props total: 67885 67885
 BurninLz said
Are you dense?

Yes he is dense. He's a retarded person who trolls on this website because he's depressed in real life.

Best to just ignore him.
+14   

1 month ago '06        #15
space
space
 BurninLz said
Government policies have destroyed Florida's environment more than arguably anywhere else in the country.. and legalized cannabis would inject billions of dollars into the local economy.. so yes, they're pretty damn high
I think you mean the lack of government policies
+1   

1 month ago '10        #16
quan3106 107 heat pts107
space
space
$14,147 | Props total: 29677 29677
NY is expensive..Texas has section 8 prices..it’s simple really..if u work and pay bills and value ya money u gonna try and make it work for u..in NY people work to live in NY...the title screams I haven’t traveled broke boy...and no I’m not from NY
+1   

1 month ago '17        #17
justin747 48 heat pts48
space
space
$13,786 | Props total: 67885 67885
Breaking it down, 4.8 percent of DFW apartment searches on the Apartment List site are coming from renters in New York. Another 4 percent are coming from San Antonio, and 3.6 percent are from Chicago.
This is the only proof they have? Google searches??

Also Dallas is cool, but let's not sit here and act like any Texas city is as dope as NYC. If you moved to NYC expecting it to be cheap then you lost.

1 month ago '05        #18
Mysteryman 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,426 | Props total: 1655 1655
This has been happening all over the country because cost of living is skyrocketing in major cities. Only a matter of time until Texas cities are next.

Austin already has seen a huge jump in housing so it’s already happening.

The real question is where will people go when Texas and FL cities are no longer “cheap”?
+10   

1 month ago '04        #19
deziking 122 heat pts122
space
space
$22,776 | Props total: 12265 12265
my homie moved from weehawken to dallas he like fu*k this sh*tty weather and got a fu*king store in dallas weak link couldn't handle the cold weather.

1 month ago '15        #20
Mtyjoejnblkblnd 76 heat pts76
space
space
$19,359 | Props total: 30690 30690
somehow someway

knicks lost

Last edited by Mtyjoejnblkblnd; 06-17-2019 at 02:58 PM..
+1   

1 month ago '18        #21
antisocial100 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,570 | Props total: 4392 4392
How is New York losing?

You imbecile
+1   

1 month ago '18        #22
antisocial100 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,570 | Props total: 4392 4392
How is New York losing?

You imbecile

1 month ago '15        #23
choobtrain878 
space
space
space
$41 | Props total: 106 106
Thats just one crazy mf searching like mad .

For 4years straight.

1 month ago '19        #24
Rico Black 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$239 | Props total: 409 409
Keep them pu**y a*s n*ggas outta D-town

1 month ago '18        #25
Turfaholic3 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,757 | Props total: 6360 6360
Texas is most definitely a hotspot people trying to escape a higher cost of living are fleeing too. Or in Detroit's case, just a trash a*s city. No offense.

Home      

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+55online now  28
Image(s) inside Almost drowned in her pus-y so I swam to her butt
41 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
-44online now  25
Jadakiss gets his pizza with CRUST ONLY
155 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+172online now  14
Image(s) inside Diddy been on his ruthless 50 cent sh-t. Animal ambition
94 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+16online now  7
Image(s) inside Slim400 : "Im here 4 a reason Hol'Uppp." (Hospital Pic)
36 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy