Jun 16 - 'Deaths of despair' are taking more lives of millennials than any other generatio

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

1 month ago '06        #1
3895 page views
112 comments

RAZAH CUTS 6757 heat pts6757
space
space
$60,053 | Props total: 39358 39358
Jun 16 - 'deaths of despair' are taking more lives of millennials than any other generatio

"deaths of despair" are increasing among young Americans.

These deaths — related to drugs, alcohol, or suicide — claimed the lives of 36,000 American millennials in 2017 alone. Drug overdoses are the most common cause of death.

That's according to Jamie Ducharme for TIME, citing a report by public-health groups Trust for America's Health and Well Being Trust. The report looked at millennials ages 23 to 38 in 2019 using the most recent data available from the CDC.

deaths of despair have increased across all ages in the past 10 years, but more so among younger Americans, reported Ducharme.

From 2007 to 2017, adults ages 18 to 34 saw a 69% increase in alcohol-related deaths; 108% increase in drug-related deaths — largely fueled by the opioid crisis; and a 35% increase in death by suicide.

The report cites a few reasons behind these upticks — young adults are more inclined to engage in risk-taking behaviors, comprise the highest number of enrolled military personnel, and disproportionately live in "high-stress environments" like correctional facilities.

But there are other structural factors at play, according to the report, namely the myriad financial problems millennials are facing: student loan debt, healthcare, childcare, and an expensive housing market. These four costs are part of The Great American Affordability Crisis plaguing millennials that's putting them financially behind.

The affordability crisis is affecting millennials' mental health
Financial burdens and lack of social support may explain why depression is on the rise among millennials. They've seen a 47% increase in major depression since 2013, according to a Blue Cross Blue Shield report. However, one in five don't seek treatment — likely because they can't afford it.

Studies have found a correlation between indebted people and mental health problems. While this research, by its nature, can't identify causality, the likelihood of having a mental health disorder is three times high among those unsecured debt, according to a meta-analysis, or study of studies, in the Clinical Psychology Review. People who have completed suicide are eight times more likely.

Millennials don't always have someone to share the mental burden of this with — they're less likely to have social support than other generations, as they're marrying later and are less connected to political or religious communities, according to Ducharme's reporting.

visit this link https://www.businessinsid .. ncrease-2019-6
+11   

best
worst
112 comments

1 month ago '07        #2
Bighempin of QM 16 heat pts16
space
space
$5,845 | Props total: 6018 6018

[video - click to view]

+14   

1 month ago '14        #3
Ivorypillars 16 heat pts16
space
space
$9,873 | Props total: 22006 22006
Inb4 "soft a*s generation"

Yeah sh*t aint sweet, inflation is crazy, its not like you can support a family off a single 9-5 anymore like the baby boomers could, but they the first who wanna point the finger while they collect off social safety nets that dont exist anymore
+74   

1 month ago '16        #4
smokeytheblunt2 5 heat pts
space
space
$9,778 | Props total: 22430 22430
it's almost like our generation was raised to be miserable................

I don't know very many legitimately happy people under 40.............

I think some of it's because we ourselves were raised by a fu*ked up generation..........

I know that's where a lot of us picked up our drug addictions, hearing our parents, uncles, aunts ect talk about doing them and being so happy and fun seeming when you knew they had done them..........I remember being really, really young and having fascination with coke cuz my aunt and her friends(and sometimes my mom) would take turns going into my grandparents pool house and coming out happy as sh*t chain smoking cigarettes(my older cousin told us what was up)..........
+48   

1 month ago '19        #5
Gold Face 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,062 | Props total: 11727 11727
I can tell by boxden posters that this is an epidemic

Their one gold face post away from jumping off a cliff in anger

1 month ago '17        #6
therunawayx 13 heat pts13
space
space
$1,714 | Props total: 6239 6239
 smokeytheblunt2 said
it's almost like our generation was raised to be miserable................

I don't know very many legitimately happy people under 40.............

I think some of it's because we ourselves were raised by a fu*ked up generation..........

I know that's where a lot of us picked up our drug addictions, hearing our parents, uncles, aunts ect talk about doing them and being so happy and fun seeming when you knew they had done them..........I remember being really, really young and having fascination with coke cuz my aunt and her friends(and sometimes my mom) would take turns going into my grandparents pool house and coming out happy as sh*t chain smoking cigarettes(my older cousin told us what was up)..........

Black Community is a cesspool

You are the average of the 5 people you hang around is the realest sh*t you'll ever hear as a young black male

Last edited by therunawayx; 06-16-2019 at 04:08 PM..

1 month ago '06        #7
xastey 25 heat pts25
space
space
$7,019 | Props total: 3717 3717
I don't care what anyone says... This whole social media sh*t has made it easy for people to get depressed trying to live up to something that other people have. When I got off of Facebook and all social media about 10 years ago it was the best thing ever.. I was depressed at the time and tried to off myself with some pills one night.

Once you realize and understand everyone online if faking you learn to cherish what you have. When people partied in college I was the one studying and practice my Kraft.. laugh at me all you want back then but then I see or get updates of people now and they are still stuck in a hopeless life.

Out generation is all messed up, don't get me started on college debit that sh*t will make anyone go crazy. Esp with how the job market is.
+39   

1 month ago '04        #8
J.BEEZY 11 heat pts11
space
space
$9,109 | Props total: 4425 4425
Some things is see causing this:
Student debt and bs jobs/pay that doesn't reflect inflation.
Cell phones make it impossible to get away from work.
Social media has the young ones and slow older ones fooled with smoke and mirrors felling depressed about themselves I stead of working hard to get somewhere.
If you're lucky enough to know somebody to get in at a good job/career if not you're basically rolling the dice at every interview.
+11   

1 month ago '18        #9
Sandyy 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,770 | Props total: 13212 13212
 therunawayx said
Black Community is a cesspool

You are the average of the 5 people you hang around is the realest sh*t you'll ever hear as a young black male
He not even black sh*thead you sound dumb. Your moms bed room a cesspool pu**y
+13   

1 month ago '14        #10
Comicsnow 135 heat pts135
space
space
$3,253 | Props total: 13487 13487
I dont blame them they were born at a time that was ... to easy , when the worry of previous generations aren't factors anymore you'll look inward and sometimes people aren't developed enough to be confident they could fix or change what they dont like

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by Comicsnow; 06-16-2019 at 05:35 PM..
+40   

1 month ago '17        #11
QdobaCasanova 12 heat pts12
space
space
$10,777 | Props total: 31120 31120
 Ivorypillars said

Yeah sh*t aint sweet, inflation is crazy, its not like you can support a family off a single 9-5 anymore like the baby boomers could, but they the first who wanna point the finger while they collect off social safety nets that dont exist anymore

Sad but true tho
+2   

1 month ago '14        #12
strungout 410 heat pts410
space
space
$36,695 | Props total: 90475 90475
i nearly died last year from a fentanyl overdose , the worse thing is that i never got high from it....
+6   

1 month ago '13        #13
EZ Green 46 heat pts46
space
space
$14,354 | Props total: 34278 34278
There's too much information available man. You can get an answer to any question about life in seconds. And if you're a truly deep thinker, then you know there really are no answers to your questions. Just more questions. Ignorance can truly be bliss
+15   

1 month ago '07        #14
carltouss619 8 heat pts
space
space
$9,890 | Props total: 1376 1376
Curious the demographics
+1   

1 month ago '14        #15
FukHowYouFeel 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,769 | Props total: 19661 19661
I just hope WW3 don’t pop off. Because me and my boys are too old for military service (32) and these new mahfu*kers are feeble as fu*k.

1 month ago '16        #16
Proveone 
space
space
space
$1,960 | Props total: 3628 3628
 Bighempin of QM said
Nailed it
+1   

1 month ago '15        #17
PineappleOG 50 heat pts50
space
space
$10,192 | Props total: 22395 22395
The media and news and mainstream academics don’t know the plague they’ve unleashed. There is no such thing as truth, supposedly there no god, what do you anchor your beliefs to? Nothingness
+5   

1 month ago '05        #18
projectd06 3 heat pts
space
space
$8,903 | Props total: 13455 13455
 Ivorypillars said

I know multiple people who own a home, have more then 1 kid and only one of them works. Now i don't live in states where the cost of living is insane but in most states 2 parents working should not struggle.

1 month ago '05        #19
projectd06 3 heat pts
space
space
$8,903 | Props total: 13455 13455
The internet is a huge issue for the weak minded.

For fu*k sake shut up about your damn debt
+3   

1 month ago '18        #20
Rugby Jones 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,996 | Props total: 8071 8071
 Sandyy said
He not even black sh*thead you sound dumb. Your moms bed room a cesspool pu**y
Ya moms bed a cesspool aaaaaaaahhh!

[pic - click to view]

+1   

1 month ago '04        #21
mr_underground|m 2210 heat pts2210
space
space
$24,912 | Props total: 39564 39564
this isn't new, this all over the world. the big problem is lack of purpose. the reason developing countries are happier is because they still have hope. in first world countries, we're at the top and there is nothing to hope for.

if you work a meaningless job that doesn't pay enough for you to try new things, you're literally trapped. thats a lot different than someone coming from extreme poverty and finally getting money to live decently and afford more 1 small meal a day.

like the aricle said, if you make $14/hr working a job you hate, with people you hate, living in a place you don't want to live in, probably with a roomate you hate because of cost of living, in an area you hate. but are $100k in debt and health insurance is $500/month so its no way to scrape extra income without trading more time, energy and resources...welll...kinda screwed.

living just to pay someone elses bills while barely paying yours isn't fun.

if there was a sense of fulfillment and a clear way out then its no need to get depressed. but its not.

Last edited by mr_underground; 06-16-2019 at 08:27 PM..
+15   

1 month ago '16        #22
Jasvir Gill 201 heat pts201
space
space
$8,842 | Props total: 14281 14281
I dunno i never done drugs i cant relate

1 month ago '05        #23
barber 
space
space
space
$398 | Props total: 544 544
“Positive Mental Attitude

I keep a positive mental attitude, always seeing the best in every one of life’s situations.
I can be in a desert with no signs of water to sustain my life, only to keep on moving forward until I find myself a well.
I have read great things about people who were subject to living out on the streets due to the 2008 financial crisis.
A few of the same folks made it out of their abysmal fallout and then transitioned into a future greater beyond anyone’s imagination.
I read many heartwarming stories of lives being adopted from the remotest parts of developing countries dealing with droughts and horrible famine.
They were subsequently raised up in the Western world by their adoptive parents and then grew up to make it as somebody special in their particular domain.
The world abounds with dire circumstances for many people, and behind the curtains of despair, you can see many cases of divine provisions being granted to the once-despondent scenarios.
I have read about crack addicts whose families gave up on them in life who went from begging for change out on the streets to get another fix to[…]”

Excerpt From
Food for Thought
Duane Ashley Poole

This material may be protected by copyright.
+2   

1 month ago '10        #24
MrTripleDouble 
space
space
$3,300 | Props total: 3595 3595
It's true, people are fu*ked up.

1 month ago '17        #25
SKIHI 
space
space
space
$3 | Props total: 1 1
Respect the words; but not the images...

Home      

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  56
Son, What The F*ck?!
68 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  36
Jul 21 - #shooterBae let it go on da opps at wally world
144 comments