The Tragic History of Shenmue

most viewed right now
+69  51
42 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

4 days ago '17        #1
893 page views
28 comments

SPdaGOAT 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,763 | Props total: 35540 35540
The Tragic History of Shenmue

Way too ahead of its time
+9   

28 comments for "The Tragic History of Shenmue"

4 days ago '16        #2
Vega 42 heat pts42
space
space
$5,869 | Props total: 12367 12367
And it’ll remain tragic since they fu*ked over their kickstarter supporters lol

Genesis will always be the GOAT console to me.

Sega just never capitalized on that success and let Sony take their niche in the market.

Every game Sega had, Sony had. Virtual f*ghter vs Tekken etc

Last edited by Vega; 06-13-2019 at 06:01 AM..
+6   

4 days ago '17        #3
SPdaGOAT 24 heat pts24 OP
space
space
 Vega said
And itíll remain tragic since they fu*ked over their kickstarter supporters lol

Sega just never capitalized on that success and let Sony take their niche in the market.

Why do people keep saying they fu*ked over their kickstarter supporters?

4 days ago '12        #4
OldBusiness 180 heat pts180
space
space
$29,987 | Props total: 53014 53014
I remember waiting forever to play part 1, buying it launch day, and then bsing disappointed in the small amou t of action during the first erd or so through.

Revisionist history makes things that were just okay, seem better later in life...but a lot of people had issues with Shenmue 1 they barely fixed in part 2.

I hope 3 turns out well, but i dont know
+4   

4 days ago '17        #5
space
space
 OldBusiness said
I remember waiting forever to play part 1, buying it launch day, and then bsing disappointed in the small amou t of action during the first erd or so through.

Revisionist history makes things that were just okay, seem better later in life...but a lot of people had issues with Shenmue 1 they barely fixed in part 2.

I think revisionist history works the opposite way with Shenmue.

4 days ago '05        #6
P-Hill|M 28 heat pts28
space
space
$39,978 | Props total: 18648 18648
 OldBusiness said

I'm the opposite.. I was loving all that sh*t.. but I was prepped cuz I was subscribed to some dreamcast magazine that had a big piece on it lol I remember reading about how they mocapped someone cracking open a sods and drinking it cuz they wanted it to be perfect.

I still have my xbox copy of S2 and I backed them for S3 but they sh*tted on me with the Steam/ epic game store sh*t
+2   

4 days ago '05        #7
P-Hill|M 28 heat pts28
space
space
$39,978 | Props total: 18648 18648
 SPdaGOAT said
They advertised the PC version of being on steam... including sending out surveys and sh*t.. then they announced this epic game store exclusiveness... EGS has sh*t privacy and they were doing shady sh*t with peoples PCs

Same reason people mad over the new borderlands

4 days ago '17        #8
space
space
 P-Hill said
They advertised the PC version of being on steam... including sending out surveys and sh*t.. then they announced this epic game store exclusiveness... EGS has sh*t privacy and they were doing shady sh*t with peoples PCs

Same reason people mad over the new borderlands
i heard epic game store won that survey and thats why it's dropping on there

4 days ago '07        #9
tre0624 129 heat pts129
space
space
$22,120 | Props total: 13335 13335
U dudes who gave them money to fund part 3 are the biggest dummies in the history of mankind

i can remember a thread when people were saying they gave them money and were posting links so others could do it lol
+5   

4 days ago '07        #10
tre0624 129 heat pts129
space
space
 p-hill said
they advertised the pc version of being on steam... Including sending out surveys and sh*t.. Then they announced this epic game store exclusiveness... Egs has sh*t privacy and they were doing shady sh*t with peoples pcs

same reason people mad over the new borderlands
bro it was about them donating money. Thats what kick starter was all about

4 days ago '17        #11
space
space
 tre0624 said
U dudes who gave them money to fund part 3 are the biggest dummies in the history of mankind

i can remember a thread when people were saying they gave them money and were posting links so others could do it lol
n*ggas donated what they was gonna pay for the game anyways lol.

The narratives behind this game are hilarious

4 days ago '07        #12
tre0624 129 heat pts129
space
space
 spdagoat said
n*ggas donated what they was gonna pay for the game anyways lol.

The narratives behind this game are hilarious
them people took that money and ran with it. Motherfu*kers stupid as sh*t funded a million dollar company.

That sh*t aint never coming out. And the money donated wouldn't have got them the game for free
+3   

4 days ago '07        #13
tre0624 129 heat pts129
space
space
 SPdaGOAT said
bro u cant be this delusional. u must be 1 of those supporters lol. U loss big time
+1   

4 days ago '04        #14
jewelz1132 5 heat pts
space
space
$14,102 | Props total: 4025 4025
 OldBusiness said

Man.. I honestly can't even remember how I learned about Shenmue prior to its release, but when it came out we were all over it. I didn't have any issues with 1 or 2, minus having to get a job lol.. I was in like 5th grade when that sh*t came out.. I ain't trying to work
+2   

4 days ago '17        #15
space
space
 tre0624 said
them people took that money and ran with it. Motherfu*kers stupid as sh*t funded a million dollar company.

That sh*t aint never coming out. And the money donated wouldn't have got them the game for free
Its coming out November lol

4 days ago '17        #16
space
space
 tre0624 said
bro u cant be this delusional. u must be 1 of those supporters lol. U loss big time
I didnt donate. The game has a release date thats 5 months away lol. Whats the issue

4 days ago '17        #17
justin747 46 heat pts46
space
space
$13,036 | Props total: 63876 63876
I fu*ks with OP but I ain't watching a 30 minute video on this trash a*s game.

The game is and always will be garbage. It's boring above everything and the ONE thing a video game cannot be is boring.

Anybody hoping for anything other than tedious tasks and boring side missions from Shenmue 3 is gonna be disappointed. The dude producing the games doesn't understand what makes gaming fun.

Quote this comment after the game releases if you don't believe me.
+2   

4 days ago '17        #18
justin747 46 heat pts46
space
space
 Vega said
And itíll remain tragic since they fu*ked over their kickstarter supporters lol

[pic - click to view]

Drunk off nostalgia
+2   

4 days ago '15        #19
T Town84 
space
space
$2,187 | Props total: 4768 4768
 SPdaGOAT said
Its a broad generalization If I understand him correctly... This didnt effect The ps4 Backers at all......

Only Pc backers with the intent to play it on steam... Alot of pc gamers contributed to the game with the intent to play it on steam (it was a choice then) only for Ys net and deep silver to be bought out by Epic (behind the scenes)for the exclusivity for the first yr.. Ys net, and deep silver gave no notification of the deal till recently, And i'm hearing no refunds too smh...

Only a few options..

Buy it on epic store and play it at release date..

Buy a ps4 (if u dont have one) and the Game, and play it at release date..

Wait a year to buy off of steam..

Imo they should at lease honor the steam backers.. Anyone who didnt help can purch off of epic store, or wait till it hits steam.
+2   

4 days ago '10        #20
MrTripleDouble 
space
space
$3,181 | Props total: 3054 3054
Shenmue was an unbelievable game. I liked how emotional and melancholic it was, the music really set that tone. Ryo wasn't angry and full of vengeance he was sad, depressed but was hopeful and kept pushing to find to find Lan Di and bring honor to his family.

It was immersive and fun. I can see people being upset by the lack of action but it was more than that. 80's Japan looked so dope. Graphics were ahead of it's time. Game was incredibly expensive to make and Sega ran out of money and the game literally bankrupted the company. Shenmue had the potential to be the GOAT game series, up there with Final Fantasy but couldn't. Dreamcast didn't sell well either, so it was impossible to make a profit because there weren't enough consoles to support it. Shenmue is the GOAT that's not the GOAT.
+4   

4 days ago '07        #21
Jeet Kune Do 13 heat pts13
space
space
$7,553 | Props total: 3793 3793
Lots of ppl gonna be disappointed when 3 drops

4 days ago '17        #22
justin747 46 heat pts46
space
space
 MrTripleDouble said
Shenmue was an unbelievable game. I liked how emotional and melancholic it was, the music really set that tone. Ryo wasn't angry and full of vengeance he was sad, depressed but was hopeful and kept pushing to find to find Lan Di and bring honor to his family.

It was immersive and fun. I can see people being upset by the lack of action but it was more than that. 80's Japan looked so dope. Graphics were ahead of it's time. Game was incredibly expensive to make and Sega ran out of money and the game literally bankrupted the company. Shenmue had the potential to be the GOAT game series, up there with Final Fantasy but couldn't. Dreamcast didn't sell well either, so it was impossible to make a profit because there weren't enough consoles to support it. Shenmue is the GOAT that's not the GOAT.
I've never seen so many lies and bullsh*t in one comment

Shenmue 1 and 2 are both fu*kin garbage games. You n*ggas are drunk off nostalgia.

Here's a list of bad sh*t about Shenmue

- Voice acting was AWFUL
- Controls were clunky
- Side missions were trash
- Main missions were boring
- Story was a*s (and predictable)

WORKING A NORMAL JOB!?!? Who the fu*k wants to get off work IRL then go home and drive a forklift on a video GAME? I had a car when the last shenmue came out. Ryo bi*ch a*s was still catching the bus.

It's all nostalgia and all yall drunk off it. We had different expectations for gaming back then, and things have changed dramatically since the last shenmue came out.

I'm gonna bump every single shenmue thread when that sh*t releases and it's wack like I predicted. I dare you fanboys to sit here and defend it.

4 days ago '12        #23
LicensedLegend 11 heat pts11
space
space
$10,919 | Props total: 5952 5952
So many tears in here
+2   

4 days ago '13        #24
Big Smoke FLA 
space
space
$5,104 | Props total: 20018 20018
I fu*ked with 1 and 2 but they can keep 3...too little too late

Sega needs to make another jet set radio game tho..that sh*t was fire
+2   

4 days ago '17        #25
space
space
 Big Smoke FLA said
I fu*ked with 1 and 2 but they can keep 3...too little too late

Sega needs to make another jet set radio game tho..that sh*t was fire
Id love for this and I always been salty Vectormam only got two games
+2   

Home      

most viewed right now
+36online now  46
Ayo...Im Gonna Bust a Nut In Her
30 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+273online now  27
Image(s) inside Jarring Nature Photos
148 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+82online now  22
Image(s) inside Bre
27 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+40online now  12
Video inside 'Friends' Stole Living Single's Idea?: "I Was Mad" - John 'Overton' Hen..
65 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy