Your iPhone Is Spying On You -- Here's How To Stop It

most viewed right now
+16  103
21 comments @thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 months ago '16        #1
3326 page views
14 comments

00010111 131 heat pts131
space
space
$4,968 | Props total: 18572 18572
Your iPhone Is Spying On You -- Here's How To Stop It

So much for that "what happens on your iPhone, stays on your iPhone" advertising campaign from Apple. I cannot help but note the irony that, in reality, apps are monitoring your every move and grabbing data to help with advertising campaigns. Not that this should come as any great surprise; if you aren't paying for an app then you are the product. However, the sheer number of apps involved, the number of trackers used per app and both the volume and frequency of the data collection is cause for concern.

When the Wall Street Journal investigated the world of iPhone privacy controls it discovered that, frankly, those controls are about as much use as a chocolate teapot. The WSJ reporters looked at some 80 iOS apps, all recommended in the App Store as being "Apps We Love." What they found was all bar one were using third-party trackers to collect data about the user. Most were using more than one tracker, the average being four per app.

What data is being collected by iOS apps? Would it surprise you to discover that as well as details of your device such as the model, name and phone number these trackers can grab your email address, the IP address that is allocated to your internet connection and even your precise location at any given time? Everything from music streaming and weather apps, through to news and storage apps are doing it. Maybe Apple should change the advertising slogan to "invading your privacy - there's an app for that."

Of course, it isn't just iOS apps that do this. Android apps are just as bad. However, that doesn't mean that Apple gets a free ride. Especially in light of that "what happens on your iPhone..." campaign. Rumors are rife that Apple CEO, Tim Cook, will try and dampen the flames with an announcement tomorrow regarding limiting these trackers when it comes to apps in the App Store "Kids" section. More than one information security and privacy expert have already told me, in off the record conversations, that they think this is unlikely to be workable.

So what can you do to stop the tracking yourself? Good question, to which the answer is nothing. If the question had been what you can do to limit the tracking problem, then things are somewhat more positive. Just don't expect to be able to stop all the spying because that isn't going to be doable I'm afraid. You can start by heading to the Settings|Privacy|Advertising section on your iPhone and enabling the Limit Ad Tracking function. This will prevent advertisers from getting usage statistics including search history data. It will also mean you'll see random adverts rather than targeted ones, but to be honest most of the "targeted" ads I see on any platform are pretty random anyway. While you are in the privacy settings, you may as well turn off location services for apps that you don't want to be tracking your location.

visit this link https://www.forbes.com/si .. /#4af1a4e612dd
+8   

best
worst
14 comments

2 months ago '15        #2
satsuma 39 heat pts39
space
space
$2,278 | Props total: 2942 2942
fouirstta

2 months ago '15        #3
Minkscobar! 82 heat pts82
space
space
$5,478 | Props total: 13976 13976
Well beat the system retards...

I have multiple email accounts.

I also use paypal for everything, and with my paypal account. I have 1 card that I use to make all my online purchases and I have other bank accounts but I dont use them online for sh*t..

Jesus you n*ggas complain too much.. just fu*king adjust..

2 months ago '16        #4
00010111 131 heat pts131 OP
space
space
 Minkscobar! said
Well beat the system retards...

I have multiple email accounts.

I also use paypal for everything, and with my paypal account. I have 1 card that I use to make all my online purchases and I have other bank accounts but I dont use them online for sh*t..

Jesus you n*ggas complain too much.. just fu*king adjust..
The irony of coming into a thread complaining about a headline.

Idiot.

And read the article next time, you'll see that it provides solutions.

Last edited by 00010111; 06-07-2019 at 02:22 AM..
+4   

2 months ago '05        #5
white-chocolate 129 heat pts129
space
space
$15,962 | Props total: 1898 1898
but Huawei only does this.. #trumpknowsall

2 months ago '15        #6
storyboutdamans 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$414 | Props total: 589 589
What is the word on road about black phone it’s been a minute since something like that made waves.

2 months ago '16        #7
space
space
 storyboutdamans said
What is the word on road about black phone it’s been a minute since something like that made waves.
The company behind the Blackphone (Silent Circle) have scaled back on their activities but there are others in the market selling PGP encrypted smartphones.

1 month ago '19        #8
16z 
space
space
space
$446 | Props total: 1195 1195
Good look, just limited and reset identifier

1 month ago '06        #9
kip99 
space
space
space
$669 | Props total: 306 306
Talk to people in person. F**k a cell phone.

1 month ago '16        #10
space
space
 kip99 said
Talk to people in person. F**k a cell phone.
And how does that work for people in different time zones who need to communicate?

+6   

1 month ago '12        #11
daman729 27 heat pts27
space
space
$13,263 | Props total: 16052 16052
All smart phones pretty much spy. Iphone, Android, etc. Firesticks, laptops, tvs, etc. And alot of these devices have backup sources already in place. Even if you disable certain things, the device and can/may re-enable it and still carry out what it was doing before.

And cats laugh at people who still like flip phones.

I dont own one. But I do understand why some people prefer them.

Last edited by daman729; 06-10-2019 at 10:38 AM..
+7   

1 month ago '06        #12
kip99 
space
space
space
$669 | Props total: 306 306
 00010111 said
And how does that work for people in different time zones who need to communicate?

Fly to them. Get off all that snitch a*s technology. sh*ts frying ya brains anyway

1 month ago '15        #13
largon 
space
space
space
$781 | Props total: 1021 1021
This is old news, they've been watching us since these sh*ts came out years ago. They know everything we store, our location and what not. Even smart TVs you can't trust, they can hear what you talk about and even see what you're doing if you're in front of the TV just like the phone's selfie camera. We have no privacy breh. And a side note, that 10 year challenge was just a way for FBI to see what the hell you look like now and thousands of people just went along with it like sheeps, then again it doesn't even matter they know everything..
+3   

3 weeks ago '13        #14
darkkingtrey 1 heat pts
space
space
$521 | Props total: 1075 1075
Google even will tell you they using yo sh*t. It just comes with the territory

3 weeks ago '16        #15
GazaVybz7 1 heat pts
space
space
$816 | Props total: 1249 1249
anything pretty much with on board memory will save something ..
but there are ways to be more anonymous .. but at the same time if your a civilian and not doing anything that would need to be hid... just shut up lol

Home      

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  55
Son, What The F*ck?!
68 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  34
Jul 21 - #shooterBae let it go on da opps at wally world
148 comments