The Rolex Bubble, shady business exposed

most viewed right now
+32  73
35 comments @thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

3 weeks ago '15        #1
4751 page views
51 comments

micropave 2200 heat pts2200
space
space
$8,778 | Props total: 69902 69902
The Rolex Bubble, shady business exposed

Too long didn't watch

Rolex demands dealers sale @MSRP despite the market readily paying twice the price.

Dealer holds the pieces for their undercover a*sociate.

Sale on the gray market for more than 100% profit.

Example: $9,050 ”Hulk” Rolex is sold to dealer @ 60% of MSRP ($5,430) dealer stands to make $3,620, that's a profit of 66.67% off the dealer's initial $5,430.

Set up a gray market side chain, $9,050 "Hulk" sales for $18,100 (conservative resale) profit now stands at 166.67% or $12,670 whereas it's would have been $3,620.

Hustlers in black suits and ties

Good luck getting that new Rolex

Sidenote: Rolex's are Yeezys for rich people, the games all fu*ked up and shady

Last edited by micropave; 05-31-2019 at 04:22 PM..
+21   

51 comments for "The Rolex Bubble, shady business exposed"

3 weeks ago '12        #2
Taste Maker 29 heat pts29
space
space
$3,808 | Props total: 517 517
 micropave said

Too long didn't watch

Rolex demands dealers sale @MSRP despite the market readily paying twice the price.

Example: $9,050 ”Hulk” Rolex is sold to dealer @ 60% of MSRP ($5,430) dealer stands to make $3,620, that's a profit of 66.67% off the dealer's initial $5,430.

Set up a gray market side chain, $9,050 "Hulk" sales for $18,100 (conservative resale) profit now stands at 166.67% or $12,670 whereas it's would have been $3,620.

I didn't watch but based on what you mentioned you used the term grey market wrong. i'll explain..

In the US, you are correct they make them sell at msrp. this benefits the jewelry store so they don't undercut each other.

what the grey market is, is in other countries they don't have to sell at msrp. so what they do is have a jewelry store in another country and they buy directly from Rolex, then ship to the us and sell brand new for way under msrp.

jomashop is an example

in a rolex dealer a daydate 40 is 34k plus tax

I got one from jomashop for 28k no tax

the only downside is you don't get a warranty.

when they run the serial number they know they sold that to a different country

so the way it works is if your sh*t breaks, which is really rare, you send it to jomashop, then they send it back to the other country, then they send to Rolex to get fixed, then they send back to you

Im sure people do what you were talking about as well but the grey market refers on how to get real rolexes for under msrp..
+33   

3 weeks ago '15        #3
micropave 2200 heat pts2200 OP
space
space
 Taste Maker said
I didn't watch but based on what you mentioned you used the term grey market wrong. i'll explain..

In the US, you are correct they make them sell at msrp. this benefits the jewelry store so they don't undercut each other.

what the grey market is, is in other countries they don't have to sell at msrp. so what they do is have a jewelry store in another country and they buy directly from Rolex, then ship to the us and sell brand new for way under msrp.

jomashop is an example

in a rolex dealer a daydate 40 is 34k plus tax

I got one from jomashop for 28k no tax

the only downside is you don't get a warranty.

when they run the serial number they know they sold that to a different country

so the way it works is if your sh*t breaks, which is really rare, you send it to jomashop, then they send it back to the other country, then they send to Rolex to get fixed, then they send back to you

Im sure people do what you were talking about as well but the grey market refers on how to get real rolexes for under msrp..
You just bought a fake watch NOOB
+3   

3 weeks ago '15        #4
Prad Bitt 
space
space
$2,218 | Props total: 4104 4104
Two words, Ben Bridge.
+2   

3 weeks ago '12        #5
space
space
 micropave said
Ha, na I took to authorized dealer to get it sized. They legit. Everyone knows about joma..
+14   

3 weeks ago '15        #6
space
space
 Taste Maker said
Ha, na I took to authorized dealer to get it sized. They legit. Everyone knows about joma..
I'm fu*king with you, you're correct about the grey market term so let's call it after market in this case
+3   

3 weeks ago '16        #7
Rumble 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,016 | Props total: 5915 5915
 micropave said
I know this a joke but I hollered
+9   

3 weeks ago '15        #8
space
space
 Rumble said
I know this a joke but I hollered
If you know you know lol
+1   

3 weeks ago '13        #9
jjwms33 
space
space
space
$344 | Props total: 1051 1051
 micropave said
Most are real. They just call grey market anything that is not sold by authorized dealer. If you know what your buying it's hard to be fooled. That's why I smh at rappers with fake watches. Just get them serviced. They must know they fake, but since they are rappers and they put aftermarket diamonds in em they think they can get away with it. Actually more than rappers do it. I saw a YouTube video of a car reviewer who drove a real Lamborghini but had a fake rollie thinking he could get by. I said something dnt look right about it. I could tell through the screen on my laptop. If a fake can have the same exact quality and movement and be sold for much less, you are getting hosed anyway.
+4   

3 weeks ago '18        #10
Pullbackchap 
space
space
space
$58 | Props total: 66 66
Is that Archie?!
+3   

3 weeks ago '16        #11
MacFrugal 
space
space
$463 | Props total: 1759 1759
 micropave said

Too long didn't watch

Bro u really need to learn the difference between “sell” and “sale”

Slapped for that reason
+10   

3 weeks ago '07        #12
Avon_Barksdale 4757 heat pts4757
space
space
$51,615 | Props total: 99111 99111
Couldn’t afford a Rollie back then so I brought a Tag Huer

Still can’t afford a Rollie so now I keep my Apple Watch on my wrist ready to go...
+15   

3 weeks ago '15        #13
space
space
 MacFrugal said
Bro u really need to learn the difference between “sell” and “sale”

Slapped for that reason

[pic - click to view]

Good sir, do not temp me into grammatical fisticuffs... You'll find I'm well adept
+23   

3 weeks ago '06        #14
StillFree28 45 heat pts45
space
space
$22,569 | Props total: 8646 8646
+1   

3 weeks ago '14        #15
aabablusaan 
space
space
$108 | Props total: 192 192
I bought my Datejust II from an authorized dealer, but the Rolex Forums usually point to davidsw as the best gray market dealer. I’ve heard too many marginal things about Jomashop and counterfeit items for me to ever make a purchase.
+5   

3 weeks ago '17        #16
2007 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,862 | Props total: 4305 4305
Its business not a relationship. How much u think it costs to make ur phone? Smh
+1   

3 weeks ago '16        #17
Tiger Wood 
space
space
space
$1,473 | Props total: 2375 2375
 Pullbackchap said
Is that Archie?!
“Hellooooo muthafu*kas!”
Lol
+4   

3 weeks ago '12        #18
space
space
 aabablusaan said
I bought my Datejust II from an authorized dealer, but the Rolex Forums usually point to davidsw as the best gray market dealer. I’ve heard too many marginal things about Jomashop and counterfeit items for me to ever make a purchase.
Bro I won’t lie to you. My friends dad is politician and watch collector. He told me it was place to go. He has over 2m in watches. I ordered 2 Rolex at same time. I got daydate 40 and yacht master. I wired the bread on a Friday and they faded my emails till Monday. I thought I got licked at first. Then Monday am I got call. He said he sent them. I read bad stories about people getting fakes or fake movements. I got a package on Tuesday that said it was coffee beans. I opened it and it was 2 brand new watches. I took them straight to Rolex dealer to get links out to get it sized. They checked it out it was legit. Authorized dealers size for free. I tipped 200. He told me it was 100% legit and all the collectors use them because they don’t care about warranty. They don’t wear them everyday. I was shook though at first, I won’t lie. Now I won’t go to anyone else. They hook sh*t up frfr. The owner is Ari. I’m about to grab a hublot on the low. You won’t regret it.
+12   

3 weeks ago '13        #19
HEAT4Life 33 heat pts33
space
space
$455 | Props total: 398 398
Love my Yacht-Master Dark Rhodium. I only wear it occasionally for business and special occasions. Otherwise, I wear my Apple Watch.
+2   

3 weeks ago '15        #20
jharlem0500 18 heat pts18
space
space
space
$6,132 | Props total: 10867 10867
 jjwms33 said
. If a fake can have the same exact quality and movement and be sold for much less, you are getting hosed anyway.
/thread...
+1   

3 weeks ago '16        #21
Tiger Wood 
space
space
space
 jjwms33 said
Most are real. They just call grey market anything that is not sold by authorized dealer. If you know what your buying it's hard to be fooled. That's why I smh at rappers with fake watches. Just get them serviced. They must know they fake, but since they are rappers and they put aftermarket diamonds in em they think they can get away with it. Actually more than rappers do it. I saw a YouTube video of a car reviewer who drove a real Lamborghini but had a fake rollie thinking he could get by. I said something dnt look right about it. I could tell through the screen on my laptop. If a fake can have the same exact quality and movement and be sold for much less, you are getting hosed anyway.
How can a fake have an in house movement?
+1   

3 weeks ago '13        #22
jjwms33 
space
space
space
$344 | Props total: 1051 1051
 Tiger Wood said
How can a fake have an in house movement?
They replace the fake movement with a real one. It happens, this is how people get the pawnshops and buyers who dnt know exactly what they looking at. This is one of the reasons why if you open your watch without a special tool that only the AD (authorized dealer) have u void the warranty. It's a piece in the watch that allow them to see if it has been open without the tool.
+2   

3 weeks ago '15        #23
Teddy KGB 43 heat pts43
space
space
$15,855 | Props total: 50849 50849
 micropave said

I have a Rolex. I'm not rich. Some Rolexes are expensive, but it's not one of the most expensive brands out there, it's probably just the most well-known luxury brand.
+4   

3 weeks ago '16        #24
Tiger Wood 
space
space
space
 Teddy KGB said
I have a Rolex. I'm not rich. Some Rolexes are expensive, but it's not one of the most expensive brands out there, it's probably just the most well-known luxury brand.
Same here. I have a sub.
The other thing is, they don’t depreciate much if at all, so you don’t really “lose”money on them. It’s just locked away until you sell.
In a way, It’s cheaper to buy an $8k watch that a few years later is worth $7k (sometimes more), than it is to buy a $4k watch that is worth $1500. Ie just about anything with an ETA movement.

You don’t have to be rich to buy one. You just have to have a few thousand dollars that you don’t need, right now, if you get the distinction.

Last edited by Tiger Wood; 06-01-2019 at 03:46 PM.. Reason: Typo for appreciate instead of depreciate
+6   

3 weeks ago '16        #25
Tiger Wood 
space
space
space
 jjwms33 said
They replace the fake movement with a real one. It happens, this is how people get the pawnshops and buyers who dnt know exactly what they looking at. This is one of the reasons why if you open your watch without a special tool that only the AD (authorized dealer) have u void the warranty. It's a piece in the watch that allow them to see if it has been open without the tool.
Is that worthwhile? What’s a Rolex movement cost?
I suppose you could put an aftermarket dial in it covered in jewels for some tacky mf er, and sell for pretty good money.
Still a pretty good watch though if it’s got Rolex’s movement. I value that more than the Rolex case.

Home      

most viewed right now
online now  37
Image(s) inside Big U EXPOSED As OWNER Of "CRIP LLC" Trying STEAL NIPSEY "TMC SLOGAN",..
196 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+31online now  28
Image(s) inside The Jamaican drink that gives you extra inches in bed
229 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+77online now  27
NBA 10 Things you Didn't Know About The 1996 Bulls
117 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  22
Video inside Jun 18 - Jay Z was bad for losing 92 Bricks. Over $1B Worth Of Cocaine ..
89 comments
18 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy