May 23 - Auto Sales Plunge, 38k+ Job Cuts, Nissan Down over 60%, The Sedan Is Dead

most viewed right now
+55  139
97 comments @wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

3 weeks ago '04        #1
2354 page views
106 comments

mr_underground|m 2187 heat pts2187
space
space
$24,723 | Props total: 38500 38500
May 23 - Auto Sales Plunge, 38k+ Job Cuts, Nissan Down over 60%, The Sedan Is Dead

summary of multi articles:

- all automakers are down heavy

- interest rates are high, keeping people away

- dealers and there shady sales tactics suck keeping people away

- nissan is down 65% as nobody in the US is buying there stuff

- tesla in the worst condition of all

- FCA ( fiat chrysler automotive) has the healthiest numbers of all. but not even JEEP could save them from the decline.

- mostly white collar middle management job cuts

- trucks are the savior. F-series and RAM are holding things together ford and FCA. GM had L's across the board.

- sedans are dead, no SUV or crossover = no sales, ford will stop making cars altogether and only sell trucks and SUV's

- mercedes says it will focus its marketing on women

As global auto sales slow after a decade of growth, carmakers are girding for a deeper downturn by slashing payrolls.

From China to the U.K., Germany, Canada and the U.S., companies have announced at least 38,000 job cuts in the past six months.

It may be just a beginning: Daimler AG’s departing chief executive officer, Dieter Zetsche, on Wednesday warned sweeping cost reductions are ahead to prepare for unprecedented industry upheaval.

“The industry is right now staring down the barrel of what we think is going to be a significant downturn,” Bank of America Merrill Lynch analyst John Murphy said at a forum in Detroit on Tuesday, adding that the pace of decline in China “is a real surprise.”

Carmakers are cutting shifts or closing factories altogether across the globe, but the culling goes beyond that. Several recent rounds also target salaried workers, reflecting sluggish sales in the world’s two largest auto markets -- China and the U.S. -- and the pivot auto companies are making toward a future of electric and self-driving vehicles. Ford Motor Co. said Monday it will eliminate 7,000 jobs, or 10% of its white-collar workforce worldwide.

The downturn could be exacerbated by higher tariffs threatened by the U.S., which a trade group representing a dozen of the largest domestic and foreign carmakers warned could put 700,000 American jobs at risk. Toyota Motor Corp. and the Japanese car industry condemned the possible levies in strongly worded statements in recent days.

Here’s a rundown of major job reductions announced or reported in the past six months:

“Auto companies globally are contemplating life where global production has greater downside risk than upside,” Morgan Stanley analyst Adam Jonas wrote in a report Tuesday. He said the chopping may not be over for Ford, estimating a 5% decline in revenue will require another 23,000 reduction in salaried jobs, a*suming no other costs are pared back.

Global light vehicle sales fell 0.5% in 2018 to 94.8 million, which LMC Automotive said marked the first annual drop in global sales since 2009. Morgan Stanley projected in January another 0.3% drop this year, but a faster-than-expected deceleration in the Chinese market may have a more negative impact on sales.

“Everything is under scrutiny,” Daimler’s longtime CEO Zetsche said as a farewell at an annual meeting in Berlin Wednesday.

visit this link https://www.bloomberg.com .. bal-sales-slip

visit this link https://www.houstonchroni .. s-13874998.php

visit this link https://www.detroitnews.c .. gs/3654730002/
+18   

106 comments for "May 23 - Auto Sales Plunge, 38k+ Job Cuts, Nissan Down over 60%, The Sedan Is Dead"

3 weeks ago '18        #2
Juliette DaBlok 21 heat pts21
space
space
$3,134 | Props total: 11287 11287
I'm preparing for the next recession, cuz it's def coming.
+28   

3 weeks ago '11        #3
Sin 2119 heat pts2119
space
space
$31,178 | Props total: 94059 94059
Vehicles are lasting longer, no need to get a new one every 5-6 years

I’d rather save that money
+30   

3 weeks ago '17        #4
dubsax 16 heat pts16
space
space
$9,410 | Props total: 29591 29591
ford will never not make the mustang.
they are doing 2 new Bronco's along with a Ranger and some type of mustang crossover by 2025
+7   

3 weeks ago '15        #5
DamianDragunov 
space
space
$11,583 | Props total: 30847 30847
Everybody buying big suvs and trucks it seems. When gas prices skyrocket again which will definitely happen sooner or later, sedans and gas saving vehicles will be back.

I see Ford Raptors, Land Rovers, and the G wagons being driven by soccer moms and nerdy banker types. They will never go off road. Raptors are built for Baja and it’s a shame seeing people dodging some dirt on the road with them.

Last edited by DamianDragunov; 05-23-2019 at 01:38 PM..
+17   

3 weeks ago '18        #6
DUCEDUCE 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,759 | Props total: 11708 11708
sh*ts is going to hit the fan soon. Stores closing, gas cost is rising, housing is sky high, inflation sky high, once the stock market drops sh*t will go down fast.
+24   

3 weeks ago '08        #7
Kewop Decam 94 heat pts94
space
space
space
$18,927 | Props total: 17696 17696
 DamianDragunov said
Everybody buying big suvs and trucks it seems. When gas prices skyrocket again which will definitely happen sooner or later, sedans and gas saving vehicles will be back.
according to my mechanic, those are the only cars built well these days because they have to be as they're designed to do specific things. Sedans aren't designed to do a damn thing other than be a car.
+5   

3 weeks ago '06        #8
imthatinfamous 48 heat pts48
space
space
$10,421 | Props total: 8872 8872
 DUCEDUCE said
sh*ts is going to hit the fan soon. Stores closing, gas cost is rising, housing is sky high, inflation sky high, once the stock market drops sh*t will go down fast.
Brick and mortar stores have been closing since the rise of E-commerce

Gas always rises at this time of the year since the demand is greater

Housing is "sky high" in certain, ironically, liberal infested sh*t holes, like LA, other than that housing prices leveled off in 2017

Inflation rate is at the same rate it has been the past 3 years, and of course Quantitative easing sank the the inflation before that

Lets wait for this stock market drop Nostradamus

Ive never in my life seen a person not know a god damn thing about any thing as much as you...how is it living with a donkeys brain?

3 weeks ago '07        #9
Cambury 40 heat pts40
space
space
space
$39,592 | Props total: 14624 14624
I'm thinking about copping a EClass..
Wish I could get a deal.

3 weeks ago '17        #10
yousabitch 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,902 | Props total: 7038 7038
 imthatinfamous said
brick and mortar stores have been closing since the rise of e-commerce

gas always rises at this time of the year since the demand is greater

housing is "sky high" in certain, ironically, liberal infested sh*t holes, like la, other than that housing prices leveled off in 2017

inflation rate is at the same rate it has been the past 3 years, and of course quantitative easing sank the the inflation before that

lets wait for this stock market drop nostradamus

ive never in my life seen a person not know a god damn thing about any thing as much as you...how is it living with a donkeys brain?
you're an idiot
+14   

3 weeks ago '06        #11
space
space
Great post...the "oil is going to end" scare that arised after the collapse of 2007-2008 created an opportunity for financial institutions to inflate the rate of oil through their security exchanges...people switched to smaller more fuel efficient vehicles...now that fear is gone people want their SUVs and Trucks, and to be fair, these are really the only types of vehicles that American car makers knew, and still know, how to manufacture properly.

I bought a 2010 Honda Insight hybrid for the fuel economy for when I was doing some long distance traveling...that car, other than its tremendous fuel economy, was a piece of sh*t, and I don't care I won't go back to something like that as my "fuel economic car." The 50+MPG was nice, but im going to take the 21 MPG I get now with my new 4Runner and be much happier...

also, as a side note, GM/Chevy moved production of their trucks to Mexico, and the quality tanked. People know this, and that is why they are not buying their trucks...good thing new GMCs have that fancy new tailgate

SUVS and Trucks last longer...most manufacturers know how to build them better...from Ford and their powerful F150 series...to Toyota and their million mile Tundra engines

3 weeks ago '06        #12
space
space
 yousabi*ch said
you're an idiot
prove anyone of my statements wrong

3 weeks ago '16        #13
DizAznLuvPho 36 heat pts36
space
space
$1,064 | Props total: 3939 3939
 Sin said
Vehicles are lasting longer, no need to get a new one every 5-6 years

I’d rather save that money
Also it isn't worth it to buy a new car. The second you drive off the lot you lose thousands of dollars in value.
All you have to do is buy a car that's 1 or 2 years older and you get a deal.

Buying a use car gives the consumer more buying power. I bought a 2012 BMW 750 LI fully loaded 3 years ago for 30k drive out. The feature and technology in that car is still far superior compared to new Audi or any other luxury cars today.
Granted I own my own shop so I get parts cheaper and don't have to pay for labor. So most people wouldn't buy an older BMW

I own my own body repair shop. So I've worked on them and always compare my car to theirs
+8   

3 weeks ago '04        #14
mr_underground|m 2187 heat pts2187 OP
space
space
$24,723 | Props total: 38500 38500
 Cambury said
I'm thinking about copping a EClass..
Wish I could get a deal.
none i could find, i was recently in the car market and ended up buying a loaded jeep cherokee. i was origionally looking to lease a high end car but the deals on american cars right now are really good. a base hyundai sonata and kia optima cost more than my loaded 2019 jeep. the jeep came out to $31k configured and i got $15k off. had a similar deal when i checked out the chevy lot. buick is offer $99/month leases on encores, GMC terrains going for $19k.

i surprising love my jeep. i get so much for so little cost. only thing its missing is the forward collision and automatic parking as mine has the convenience package instead with luxury interior and heated and powered everything.
+2   

3 weeks ago '04        #15
qutaboi225 62 heat pts62
space
space
$5,853 | Props total: 13221 13221
 imthatinfamous said

Housing is "sky high" in certain, ironically, liberal infested sh*t holes, like LA, other than that housing prices leveled off in 2017

Inflation rate is at the same rate it has been the past 3 years, and of course Quantitative easing sank the the inflation before that

Ive never in my life seen a person not know a god damn thing about any thing as much as you...how is it living with a donkeys brain?
Gah Damn you're stupid........how do you live with yourself
+1   

3 weeks ago '18        #16
DUCEDUCE 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,759 | Props total: 11708 11708
 imthatinfamous said

I wont even respond to your retarded sell out a*s. Shut the fu*k up and go somewhere else bi*ch.
+2   

3 weeks ago '05        #17
P-Hill|M 28 heat pts28
space
space
$39,968 | Props total: 18454 18454
damn man... don't take my sedans away
+10   

3 weeks ago '05        #18
Dun Language 4354 heat pts4354
space
space
$85,547 | Props total: 61117 61117
Trash a*s cars

All made of plastic
+2   

3 weeks ago '06        #19
space
space
 DUCEDUCE said
I wont even respond to your retarded sell out a*s. Shut the fu*k up and go somewhere else bi*ch.
as he responds...what level of retarded are you on
+1   

3 weeks ago '06        #20
space
space
 qutaboi225 said
Gah Damn you're stupid........how do you live with yourself
prove any of my statements wrong...

3 weeks ago '05        #21
pnoi89 18 heat pts18
space
space
$13,769 | Props total: 10367 10367
I’ve only owned 1 car in my life and it was used. I don’t plan to own many vehicles in my lifetime anyways.

3 weeks ago '04        #22
reazon_opt 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,220 | Props total: 1075 1075
 imthatinfamous said

sorry for the ignorant question but how is quantitative easing sinking inflation. I think it would be on the contrary. We need to tighten circulation instead and lower inflation.

3 weeks ago '17        #23
Naga Sadow 43 heat pts43
space
space
$12,955 | Props total: 53763 53763
You think this is something, you haven't seen anything yet. Car sales are gonna plummet due to lack of confidence in the market. Plus gas prices are steadily rising so the companies that hopped off the sedan train to run to SUV's might get hurt. And I feel creditors are gonna be iffy on loans too so if you ha e a car then hold onto it.
+3   

3 weeks ago '18        #24
BlaqThum 
space
space
$282 | Props total: 1266 1266
 DizAznLuvPho said
Also it isn't worth it to buy a new car. The second you drive off the lot you lose thousands of dollars in value.

Buying a use car gives the consumer more buying power. I bought a 2012 BMW 750 LI fully loaded 3 years ago for 30k drive out. The feature and technology in that car is still far superior compared to new Audi or any other luxury cars today.
Granted I own my own shop so I get parts cheaper and don't have to pay for labor. So most people wouldn't buy an older BMW

I own my own body repair shop. So I've worked on them and always compare my car to theirs
In Cali?

3 weeks ago '11        #25
Sin 2119 heat pts2119
space
space
$31,178 | Props total: 94059 94059
 DizAznLuvPho said

Yeah I’ll take a chance on a car other’s won’t because i know how to fix things myself

I love cosmetic damage cars others run from because it has a dent or missing a bumper
+3   

Home      

most viewed right now
+48online now  33
Video inside Heavy
25 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+20online now  29
Jun 14 - Bootleg liquor eyed as cause of Dominican Republic tourist deaths
78 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+69online now  27
audio inside Pusha T ft. Lauryn Hill - Coming Home (Unreleased)
74 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+35online now  17
Damn Durk look like he bouta break down in tears :mjcry:
150 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy