Letís Be Real, Tony Montana Was A fu-king Snake!

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

How did you feel about Tony Montana in Scarface?
Tony did what he had to do to make the world his. 63 37.28%
Tony was a real grimy type nigga who deserved every bullet. 77 45.56%
Fuck Tony, the movie should have been about Sosa. 29 17.16%
Voters: 169. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

3 weeks ago '17        #1
3403 page views
91 comments

Obadiah1Verse18 20 heat pts20
space
space
space
$2,648 | Props total: 13390 13390
Letís Be Real, Tony Montana Was A fu-king Snake!

I always kind of knew it from the first time I watched Scarface, but the older I get, I realize Tony Montana really wasnít sh*t. The n*gga lets his boy get chopped up in front of him, starts working for a guy that saved him from being destitute and put him on his feet, but he is scheming on his woman and his empire from the second that they meet. Starts to negotiate deals with the plug without the bossí say-so so he can eventually cut him out of the equation, and of course, k*lls his boy after finding out heís fu*king his sister whom he is a bit too obsessed with. He did more stuff obviously, but Tony was acting like a real ho throughout that movie. Not a n*gga you want to have on your team. What do yíall think?
+75   

91 comments for "Letís Be Real, Tony Montana Was A fu-king Snake!"

3 weeks ago '11        #2
tonio25 6 heat pts
space
space
$6,716 | Props total: 11449 11449
Its a movie about a drug dealer. Wtf do you expect
+52   

3 weeks ago '17        #3
Obadiah1Verse18 20 heat pts20 OP
space
space
space
$2,648 | Props total: 13390 13390
 tonio25 said
Drug dealers donít have morals? No snitching is part of a moral code the streets live by, so your argument is pointless.
+1   

3 weeks ago '15        #4
Black Larry 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,128 | Props total: 7874 7874
I feel what you saying. Tbh is part of that drug game. Cocaine a hell of a drug. You hit every point tho. Grimey from the start.

Low key the movie touches on how he was getting fu*ked by the system too but thats mostly background noise for the movie. He ultimately made his own bed and didn't wanna play by the rules. So sosa the man with real power took his little a*s out. All he had to do was go back to jail. Maybe some club fed type sh*t and come out a millionaire. sh*t martha stewart did it for millions. Smart lady. Either lose your millions or go to jail and when you come out your still rich.

Plus that move probably wouldve saved tonys life. Or at least extended it. But move wouldn't of ended as dope as it did. Also he def was on some incest sh*t with his sis. No reason for none of that sh*t with his man.
+19   

3 weeks ago '16        #5
MrNobody 
space
space
space
$3,016 | Props total: 9103 9103
The next great director will take the Montana archetype, apply it to the Fore Fathers in a period piece, then get dealt with for making it.

I can picture Jonah Hill going Indie and pullin off something like that.

He feels like a goofy and wants to be taken seriously. Martin turned him into a Pesci parody, but he pulled it off beautifully. Mans had watershed moments in that film. It’s a bit of a long shot, but I can see him doing some real Kubrickian sh*t.

As for Tony, he was simply a lost cokehead. I guess u can say he foreshadowed the chaotic crack epidemic, something the families at the meeting in the Godfather said would ruin n*ggas.

Tony was the embodiment of that n*gga, and don’t get it twisted. He was a n*gga.

Hollywood loves to talk about n*ggas subtlety. Blanqueamiento worked out beautifully, and ppl generally view Latinos as white or Asian when close to most n*ggas in this hemisphere live in Latin countries.

You can call him a ho n*gga, but that’s not what it’s about. He had faith in himself. When that faith turned into hubris, he lost himself.

The scene in the country club is the one that sticks out most to me.

He had a mental breakdown, cause he still didn’t feel accepted. The things he wanted and got were less emblematic of his faith and more of a ticket to the other side.

It was like Jesus on the cross crying out to God. A cry to God is personal and humble. It’s a very spiritual activity. When Tony was on his cross, he was crying out to the exact opposite of God. That’s why he was so loud and wanton, straight up attention seeking.

Despite his life choices, Tony was blessed. It was never his works that got him where he was, it was his faith.

When he lost his faith, he lost his mind.

When n*ggas lose their faith, they lose their identity and fall into nihilism.

I’m gonna watch it again sometime soon.
+11   

3 weeks ago '04        #6
Young Fab 2 heat pts
space
space
$20,086 | Props total: 21093 21093
n*gga saw what he wanted and took it.

That simple.

And to answer dude's question above: no, drug dealers don't have morals.
+17   

3 weeks ago '15        #7
Hellmatic 3 heat pts
space
space
$21,991 | Props total: 31690 31690
Tony was the original rico
+3   

3 weeks ago '14        #8
Daptism 21 heat pts21
space
space
$8,100 | Props total: 27568 27568
 MrNobody said
The next great director will take the Montana archetype, apply it to the Fore Fathers in a period piece, then get dealt with for making it.

I can picture Jonah Hill going Indie and pullin off something like that.

He feels like a goofy and wants to be taken seriously. Martin turned him into a Pesci parody, but he pulled it off beautifully. Mans had watershed moments in that film. Itís a bit of a long shot, but I can see him doing some real Kubrickian sh*t.

As for Tony, he was simply a lost cokehead. I guess u can say he foreshadowed the chaotic crack epidemic, something the families at the meeting in the Godfather said would ruin n*ggas.

Tony was the embodiment of that n*gga, and donít get it twisted. He was a n*gga.

Hollywood loves to talk about n*ggas subtlety. Blanqueamiento worked out beautifully, and ppl generally view Latinos as white or Asian when close to most n*ggas in this hemisphere live in Latin countries.

You can call him a ho n*gga, but thatís not what itís about. He had faith in himself. When that faith turned into hubris, he lost himself.

The scene in the country club is the one that sticks out most to me.

He had a mental breakdown, cause he still didnít feel accepted. The things he wanted and got were less emblematic of his faith and more of a ticket to the other side.

It was like Jesus on the cross crying out to God. A cry to God is personal and humble. Itís a very spiritual activity. When Tony was on his cross, he was crying out to the exact opposite of God. Thatís why he was so loud and wanton, straight up attention seeking.

Despite his life choices, Tony was blessed. It was never his works that got him where he was, it was his faith.

When he lost his faith, he lost his mind.

When n*ggas lose their faith, they lose their identity and fall into nihilism.

Iím gonna watch it again sometime soon.
Ehh you are giving the character too much character, your initial description of him being a lost cokehead is perfect. Thats all he is and nothing else.

A true gangster who exhibits sociopathic tendencies and a ruthless tactical mind would be Tony Soprano. There was a character with depth, charisma and being a boss.
+7   

3 weeks ago '15        #9
abcxyz 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,013 | Props total: 1418 1418
You had to watch Scarface multiple times to realize these things?....

3 weeks ago '17        #10
Rugged 
space
space
space
$82 | Props total: 311 311
Easily the worst fake Cuban accent I've heard in my life....easy
+13   

3 weeks ago '16        #11
BathWaterMelody 50 heat pts50
space
space
$7,808 | Props total: 29091 29091
Tony loved the kids tho.....
+4   

3 weeks ago '12        #12
kiddalex 12 heat pts12
space
space
$6,853 | Props total: 12610 12610
Tony was essentially a wild animal with ambition to get money and no scruples but not a schemer or tactician. He was fine at the level of robbing stash houses or hitting licks but he was never meant to be a boss, didn't help he was sniffing and selling.

He didn't have the sophistication to ever get near the level of a Sosa and was basically fueled only by his lust for more.

He was just lucky he got over on Frank who had gotten old and sloppy and was too trusting of a guy like Tony who was obviously a maniac and power hungry from the moment they met.
+11   

3 weeks ago '18        #13
Proffesor X 35 heat pts35
space
space
$4,492 | Props total: 16732 16732
Man k*lled his best friend, you can't trust someone like that

However, his fate came at the hands of his choices. You can't have a change of heart in that business, either you are all in or all out.......
+3   

3 weeks ago '17        #14
QdobaCasanova 12 heat pts12
space
space
$10,395 | Props total: 29655 29655
I feel like no one really a*sesses how weird that movie is:

Incest subplot
Chainsaw wielding drug lord
Grimm fairytale-esque conclusion.

But most of yall dont know sh*t about the director so Į\_(ツ)_/Į

3 weeks ago '18        #15
DUCEDUCE 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,760 | Props total: 11710 11710
He sealed his own fate, once he smoked Manolo he had no one loyal to him anymore. Plus by smoking Manolo his sister helped k*ll him. Then the sicarios came and he was solo.

3 weeks ago '18        #16
Doc Da Great 479 heat pts479
space
space
$7,709 | Props total: 30730 30730
Counterpoint:
[pic - click to view]

When we gone acknowledge this man fu*ked over his team, for some 9 ft blue pu**y and legs.

We wanna talk snakes....What about that sh*t ?

[pic - click to view]

Tony wasssa cokehead, not no snake. He worked for him and died for him. It was all about principle and respect with him everything else was a byproduct.

3 weeks ago '17        #17
Silkyfresh 
space
space
space
$215 | Props total: 421 421
 Obadiah1Verse18 said
Drug dealers don’t have morals? No snitching is part of a moral code the streets live by, so your argument is pointless.
Incorrect. Falsehood.

Theres no telling what a man will do..any man once the desperation sets in. Narcs stay in business because they keep flipping your nickle dime dealers who squeal on the big fish. Wake up. Been goin around since dawn of time.

If the streets had a tight lid on the game, then the narcs wouldn't be effective
+6   

3 weeks ago '12        #18
Thworldisyours 66 heat pts66
space
space
$10,829 | Props total: 25598 25598

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

The best characters are complex.
+11   

3 weeks ago '08        #19
904Nole 3 heat pts
space
space
$8,609 | Props total: 8482 8482
 Young Fab said
n*gga saw what he wanted and took it.

That simple.

And to answer dude's question above: no, drug dealers don't have morals.
Basically.

Tony was a villain. Idk why n*ggas don't understand that.

I still cheered for him tho
+2   

3 weeks ago '16        #20
2advanced 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,032 | Props total: 2828 2828
 Proffesor X said
Man k*lled his best friend, you can't trust someone like that

However, his fate came at the hands of his choices. You can't have a change of heart in that business, either you are all in or all out.......
Manolos was always fu*king up.....when he was supposed to be watching Tony and his friend Angel on the balcony he didn't even see that Angel got pulled in the hotel room because he was flirting with the bi*ch... he introduced tony to seidelbaum who was a cop....he disappeared when tony left him in charge......then he pops up and pokes his chest out when tony finds out he fu*ks his sister.....(he should of told him before hand) and after tony warned him not too..all the anger was building up for manolo throughout the movie and during the hot tub scene he called him an a**hole.Yeah they was friends but its business first and tony was the boss... he wasnt respecting tony as a boss...so he fired him..

Last edited by 2advanced; 05-23-2019 at 12:48 PM..
+8   

3 weeks ago '14        #21
Dolewhip 
space
space
space
$2,804 | Props total: 5072 5072
 Obadiah1Verse18 said
Drug dealers donít have morals? No snitching is part of a moral code the streets live by, so your argument is pointless.
Eh, it's part of the code but people break that sh*t alllllllllllll the time.
+3   

3 weeks ago '16        #22
2advanced 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,032 | Props total: 2828 2828
 DUCEDUCE said
He sealed his own fate, once he smoked Manolo he had no one loyal to him anymore. Plus by smoking Manolo his sister helped k*ll him. Then the sicarios came and he was solo.
He still had chi chi, Omar and nick the pig...and nick took a shotgun blast to the head 4 him trying to save him...

Last edited by 2advanced; 05-23-2019 at 12:41 PM..
+4   

3 weeks ago '15        #23
Mtyjoejnblkblnd 75 heat pts75
space
space
$18,824 | Props total: 28983 28983
Was just thinking about this yesterday.

Op is right.

Logically thinking, tony was a supreme snake.

3 weeks ago '15        #24
Mtyjoejnblkblnd 75 heat pts75
space
space
$18,824 | Props total: 28983 28983
 tonio25 said
This would fly if tony didnít beat you over the head with his ďmy balls and my wordĒ and ďno kids or women.Ē mantra. He clearly had morals.
+5   

3 weeks ago '18        #25
shooter 10 heat pts10
space
space
space
$1,676 | Props total: 5931 5931
D. All of the above
+1   

Home      

most viewed right now
+70online now  34
audio inside Pusha T ft. Lauryn Hill - Coming Home (Unreleased)
76 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+55online now  32
Video inside Heavy
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+20online now  27
Jun 14 - Bootleg liquor eyed as cause of Dominican Republic tourist deaths