May 21 - School made six-year-old girl do 'Cafeteria Walk of Shame' for insufficient funds

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

4 weeks ago '05        #1
1822 page views
59 comments

phantomnation 3292 heat pts3292
space
space
$11,698 | Props total: 52496 52496
May 21 - School made six-year-old girl do 'Cafeteria Walk of Shame' for insufficient funds

A six-year-old girl was told to return a tray of food at her school cafeteria because there was not enough money in her account.

Dwight Howard said his granddaughter Anya Howard was “lunch shamed” and urged Southwest Elementary School in Greenwood, Indiana, to review its cafeteria policies.

Last Friday, Anya had a tray of hot foot but was forced to return it because she did not have the $2.25 in her account needed to pay for it.

She then went to the back of the line to wait for an alternative lunch of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. She said that she was "sad" because she was laughed at. Her grandfather described the "cafeteria walk of shame" as humiliating, WFLA reported.

"When she was talking to me about it, she was more than 'sad.' I mean, that's embarrassing for a little 6-year-old."

Her cafeteria credit was only 10 cents but he said that the family had not been told that funds on it were so low.

"They waited until there was a dime left, denied her the opportunity to eat the lunch.. .and then she had to go to the end of the line to wait for a PB&J," Dwight told News 8.

Greenwood Community Schools superintendent Kent DeKoninck said parents were sent payment reminders when lunch accounts had less than $5 remaining, and that most days many students would be served the alternate lunch of a sandwich if they did not have enough money.

"Any time this happens, our staff looks to handle all of these as discreetly as possible... We do allow elementary students to charge two hot meals before receiving the alternate meal," he added.

+12   

59 comments for "May 21 - School made six-year-old girl do 'Cafeteria Walk of Shame' for insufficient funds"

4 weeks ago '08        #2
tdnupe3 18 heat pts18
space
space
$9,538 | Props total: 30195 30195
Little girl should have spit on the tray, walked it over and dumped it on the rest of the food yet to be served.
+31   

4 weeks ago '04        #3
ATLDOPEBOI30 77 heat pts77
space
space
$35,148 | Props total: 10126 10126
I swear to fu*king God these fu*ks gonna get their's
+30   

4 weeks ago '19        #4
DadeCounty 7 heat pts
space
space
$646 | Props total: 4100 4100
Indiana sounds like a fu*king sh*thole
+17   

4 weeks ago '04        #5
Tic Toc 8 heat pts
space
space
$7,251 | Props total: 4184 4184
Dam.... I mean the girl already had the tray...

I say let her eat...and then tell the parents, that day...

or you can fire the lunch lady who gave the kid the tray...

Crazy how nobody knows how this will effect this little girl in the future...she may become a horrible person...or one of those over compassionate people ...

either way...experiences like these will effect her

Last edited by Tic Toc; 05-21-2019 at 03:19 PM..
+29   

4 weeks ago '04        #6
ItAlY2BkLyN 241 heat pts241
space
space
$25,853 | Props total: 18399 18399
Questions: They say they can charge two hot lunches before they are required to eat the alternate lunch. Also, they said they sent notifications to the guardians when there's less than $5 in the account.

So did this girl's guardians ignore the notice and allow her to overcharge two lunches already and this was the third time? If so, I hold the parents accountable because that seems like a reasonable effort on the school to avoid this.

4 weeks ago '16        #7
Strong Side Iso 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,519 | Props total: 13642 13642
Lunch shamed?

GTFOH. Stop taking a 6 year old that serious. Life goes on.

When I was a kid, there was this old disgruntled lunch lady that would always say under her breath "Yo a*s..." as she put the milk on each kid's tray. One time she asked a kid to spell "idiot" because he lost his lunch card. He couldn't spell it either.

4 weeks ago '05        #8
bi0 7 heat pts
space
space
$7,991 | Props total: 6769 6769
Wtf is up with the PoS staff and administrators at these publicly funded schools. Society is fu*ked when it’s no compassion for children.
+17   

4 weeks ago '17        #9
lucifershammer 17 heat pts17
space
space
$5,494 | Props total: 26753 26753
I bet she'll have money next time

Life sucks and u get humiliated sometimes

Strong Side Iso said
Lunch shamed?

GTFOH. Stop taking a 6 year old that serious. Life goes on.

When I was a kid, there was this old disgruntled lunch lady that would always say under her breath "Yo a*s..." as she put the milk on each kid's tray. One time she asked a kid to spell "idiot" because he lost his lunch card. He couldn't spell it either.
But deep down she loved u kids

4 weeks ago '16        #10
MrCiiNeMa 17 heat pts17
space
space
$765 | Props total: 2770 2770
This seems weird. I been out of school 6 years now but when I was in school they let us run that bi*ch up. I remember being like -40$ one time

They would usually call your parents once you hit -10$ but they knew I did that sh*t all the time and then would bring in like a $150 check once it got bad.

This school don’t let you go negative? Girl couldn’t go negative 1$ for the day to spare this sh*t? Wtf man
+9   

4 weeks ago '17        #11
Eozal88 
space
space
$163 | Props total: 1138 1138
FOH, this school and school district is stupid AF. What the hell does denying the 6 year old accomplish? Now she's gonna feel some type of why towards the admin staff over a $2.50 lunch, that let's be real probably costs then $.50 to obtain.

Furthermore, let's say the 6 year old was allergic to peanuts, fu*k is this dumbass school gonna do then? Y'all end up sued for thousands if not millions over $2.50.

Don't mess with the kid cause the parent slipped up. Don't fu*k with kids

+15   

4 weeks ago '18        #12
DUCEDUCE 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,759 | Props total: 11710 11710
Dont worry little girl we are going to drop million dollar missiles in an endless war with Iran.
+13   

4 weeks ago '12        #13
AlBooBoo 19 heat pts19
space
space
$48,737 | Props total: 72203 72203
Something similar happened to me in 1st grade

I had free reduced lunch and for about a week the lunch lady was being mean af to me and not giving me my food. So I complained to my mom about her cuz I was I was super hungry every morning

So my mom came one day and watched me get my breakfast and the lunch lady denied me again....man my madre flipped the fk out she flamed her a*s so bad...had the whole cafeteria frozen

After that the lunch lady never fked with me again

Good times lol
+11   

4 weeks ago '18        #14
Deeznutz1981 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,776 | Props total: 1842 1842

4 weeks ago '07        #15
chi100z 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,166 | Props total: 823 823
So they felt it right to make a 6 year old go hungry? Instead of, “please tell your parents to update your card”, let’s humiliate and take her food away

Someone needs to be fired ASAP.
+10   

4 weeks ago '04        #16
LordBlanco|M 55 heat pts55
space
space
$37,477 | Props total: 28445 28445
Yet rapists and murderers are getting all their vitamins in prison This is pathetic.
+12   

4 weeks ago '04        #17
ATLDOPEBOI30 77 heat pts77
space
space
$35,148 | Props total: 10126 10126
sh*t should be fu*king free backwards a*s country that lies about caring for kids to get their agenda across.
+8   

4 weeks ago '12        #18
acefresh 24 heat pts24
space
space
$10,241 | Props total: 37168 37168
The garbage a*s full plate at these schools not even worth what they charge for it anyway. The fact that kids gotta worry about school lunch is pathetic. Teachers get dogsh*t pay, so kids get sh*tty teachers that wanna fu*k em, schools terribly underfunded so forget actual nutritious food that are conducive to growth, kids gotta scrape for that processed bullsh*t too. Greatest country in the world tho
+8   

4 weeks ago '19        #19
Supreme Doom 
space
space
$691 | Props total: 831 831
 ItAlY2BkLyN said
Questions: They say they can charge two hot lunches before they are required to eat the alternate lunch. Also, they said they sent notifications to the guardians when there's less than $5 in the account.

So did this girl's guardians ignore the notice and allow her to overcharge two lunches already and this was the third time? If so, I hold the parents accountable because that seems like a reasonable effort on the school to avoid this.
You realize in person none of what u said has weight.

As in... Im begging Gawd al mighty give me this shade.

Racism is everyday all day...

But this shyt here....this mess riggt here

Id be giving out HEAVY WORK

4 weeks ago '06        #20
JCash 
space
space
space
$519 | Props total: 454 454
This n*gga Dwight Howard got a granddaughter?

4 weeks ago '08        #21
ExNihilo 53 heat pts53
space
space
$22,959 | Props total: 33584 33584
Bad: The situation was uncalled for. Once someone has food, I know most restaurants won't take it back, could have let the kid keep the lunch.

Good: At least they offer a free alternative in the event these situations happen.

Indifferent: Parents need to a better job acknowledging the communication the school sent out saying she had a low balance. School should let people get the lunch that day, charge it to the account and the parent should get a few texts, email, phone calls that day to ensure it doesn't happen again. Either opt-in with a payment by phone to bring the balance current, or opt-out of the kid choosing alternative lunches and sticking with the free lunch.

Then again, this story is a microcosm of other problems in the country.
+2   

4 weeks ago '06        #22
bettawitchedda 
space
space
$734 | Props total: 589 589
 DadeCounty said
Indiana sounds like a fu*king sh*thole
Bro you have no idea.....
+2   

4 weeks ago '16        #23
NYNY 
space
space
$2,900 | Props total: 5660 5660
Low life’s
+1   

4 weeks ago '10        #24
killinemsoftly 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,777 | Props total: 2392 2392
They had to throw the food away because she came in contact with the food. This was petty and disgusting. It’s 2019 we should be able to fund school lunch programs with no problem. I’m a teacher in the Chicago school system we’ve had universal for at least 2-3 years.
+6   

4 weeks ago '19        #25
DadeCounty 7 heat pts
space
space
$646 | Props total: 4100 4100
 bettawitchedda said
Bro you have no idea.....

You out there? What’s it like?
+1   

Home      

most viewed right now
+69online now  32
audio inside Pusha T ft. Lauryn Hill - Coming Home (Unreleased)
74 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+51online now  31
Video inside Heavy
27 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+20online now  18
Jun 14 - Bootleg liquor eyed as cause of Dominican Republic tourist deaths