Report: Google to cease business w/ Huawei, pull Play Store, Google apps, Android updates

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

4 weeks ago '17        #1
2588 page views
45 comments

Naga Sadow 43 heat pts43
space
space
$12,955 | Props total: 53765 53765
Report: Google to cease business w/ Huawei, pull Play Store, Google apps, Android updates

Following a blacklist order last week from US President Trump, Google is reportedly ceasing business with Huawei entirely. According to the report, future Huawei devices won’t have access to any Google services, including the Play Store.

Reuters cites a source close to the matter which claims that Google will “immediately” cease business with Huawei that requires the transfer of hardware and/or software products. This means that the Google Play Store, Play Services, and collaboration within the Android operating system itself will no longer be available to Huawei.

Apparently, specific details are still being discussed by Google internally, but this effective ban would limit Huawei solely to using the Android Open Source Project (AOSP). For future Huawei devices, the Play Store wouldn’t be supported, and Google’s own apps such as Gmail or Chrome won’t be available either.

Alphabet Inc’s Google has suspended business with Huawei that requires the transfer of hardware and software products except those covered by open source licenses… Huawei Technologies Co Ltd will immediately lose access to updates to the Android operating system, and the next version of its smartphones outside of China will also lose access to popular applications and services including the Google Play Store and Gmail app.

Huawei will continue to have access to the version of the Android operating system available through the open source license that is freely open to anyone who wishes to use it. But Google will stop providing any technical support and collaboration for Android and Google services to Huawei going forward, the source said.

Huawei P30 Pro software and performance

Google apps and the Play Store may end up disappearing from Huawei devices

From the looks of it, current Huawei devices won’t be immediately affected by this change. The Play Store and Google’s applications will still work on those devices. However, future releases even sold outside of China won’t include any of Google’s apps or services.

Eventually, though, this could affect devices that have already been sold, as future Android updates – such as the promised Q updates – could see trouble with Play Store access. Notably, it would also imply that Huawei won’t end up releasing another Wear OS device.

In any case, losing Google’s various services as well as its support in Android is going to be a major blow to Huawei’s smartphone business. The company has previously mentioned that it has an operating system in the works that could replace Android on its devices, but even that would be a major drawback for customers. After all, it was called a “worst-case scenario,” and now it looks like it’s come true…

visit this link https://9to5google.com/20 .. -store-report/
+8   

45 comments for "Report: Google to cease business w/ Huawei, pull Play Store, Google apps, Android updates"

4 weeks ago '15        #2
BuyGold 3460 heat pts3460
space
space
$11,263 | Props total: 54088 54088
came to post this..

4 weeks ago '07        #3
21 1759 heat pts1759
space
space
$66,010 | Props total: 80229 80229
fatality (at least for their U.S. market)
+11   

4 weeks ago '04        #4
JayR04 126 heat pts126
space
space
$11,967 | Props total: 9401 9401
We know why

+1   

4 weeks ago '05        #5
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$44,078 | Props total: 20375 20375
 21 said
fatality (at least for their U.S. market)
Huawei is finished. Wonder if all the Chinese fanboys will still buy their phones if they have to use some raggedy version of Android from China. Probably not.
+7   

4 weeks ago '16        #6
BiGBlaCkH3x 
space
space
space
$14 | Props total: 23 23
fu*k Huawei
+5   

4 weeks ago '13        #7
PsychoCyber 29 heat pts29
space
space
$8,287 | Props total: 3153 3153
+3   

4 weeks ago '09        #8
LOONATIK 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,524 | Props total: 1560 1560
Damn

4 weeks ago '16        #9
YSL 19 heat pts19
space
space
$4,657 | Props total: 14790 14790
Letting their nuts hang

4 weeks ago '10        #10
JKO 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,574 | Props total: 2177 2177
What’s the deal with Huawei? Been out of the gap for a min.

Used to sell phones for a major retailer back in my college days and they were a solid cheap phone back then.
+1   

4 weeks ago '16        #11
silas 33 heat pts33
space
space
$1,246 | Props total: 3774 3774
 Y.G. said
Huawei is finished. Wonder if all the Chinese fanboys will still buy their phones if they have to use some raggedy version of Android from China. Probably not.
Damn.. you just put in perspective for me. No Android

This has to mean eventually no iOS in China right?
+1   

4 weeks ago '16        #12
mobchip 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,955 | Props total: 5783 5783
Huawei is like the second biggest manufacture to carry Android on their phones. Its like, I know the States anit happy with the folks behind Huawei. Ah, well lets see what happens with Huawei OS and if the world wants Chinese manufacture phones with Chinese OS. Samsung is number 1, Huawei is second(for now) and Apple is third and they don't even run Android.
+1   

4 weeks ago '07        #13
JohnDoe 222 heat pts222
space
space
$12,992 | Props total: 7939 7939
 silas said
Damn.. you just put in perspective for me. No Android

This has to mean eventually no iOS in China right?
No. Huawei is the benefactor of intellectual property theft by China, ie Mate X, and America (and/or corporations based in the USA) is concerned with Huawai's 5G services and how they can be used by the Chinese to deepen the economic/military spy networks they have already established.
+11   

4 weeks ago '05        #14
dasill 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,786 | Props total: 8069 8069
Force that apk along with a few other things and theyll be ok, same think i did with my kindle ffire hd8
+5   

4 weeks ago '09        #15
NoHope 8 heat pts
space
space
$7,100 | Props total: 2020 2020
At company I work at we have nuclear equipment. We did a scrub on all Chinese made telecom gear. sh*t is bigger than phones.
+16   

4 weeks ago '18        #16
Oswaldgatesjr 22 heat pts22
space
space
space
$6,354 | Props total: 13594 13594
Huawei is the company that has that 50x zoom camera in the phone right? That video that was posted up here off a n*gga zooming in from one building all the way to another was crazy . Need that sh*t In the hoods of America to watch out for one time.
+6   

4 weeks ago '04        #17
astrotrain 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,950 | Props total: 913 913
I just bought a sh*tty huawei cos my note 8 broke after dropping it too many times and needed something asap and not paying $1000. its actually a decent phone but the camera isnt as good as my note was in lowlight. Was gonna stick with it for a while but might have to keep my eye on the note 10 release now.

4 weeks ago '04        #18
mac58 253 heat pts253
space
space
$8,472 | Props total: 16165 16165
i was about to cop the Matebook pro laptop. .

this sucks
+2   

4 weeks ago '18        #19
kido21 
space
space
$163 | Props total: 781 781
 mac58 said
i was about to cop the Matebook pro laptop. .

this sucks
I feel your pain wanted to get the p30 pro phone and and the matebook as well
+1   

4 weeks ago '19        #20
Dickhead 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$949 | Props total: 2402 2402
 astrotrain said
I just bought a sh*tty huawei cos my note 8 broke after dropping it too many times and needed something asap and not paying $1000. its actually a decent phone but the camera isnt as good as my note was in lowlight. Was gonna stick with it for a while but might have to keep my eye on the note 10 release now.
LG and Samsung both have perfectly passable phones for under $100. If you only use your phone to call and message people, take pictures, and use the internet, theres no excuse to spend more than $200 on a phone.
+5   

4 weeks ago '09        #21
Tiko377 1996 heat pts1996
space
space
$17,606 | Props total: 13014 13014
 mobchip said
Huawei is like the second biggest manufacture to carry Android on their phones. Its like, I know the States anit happy with the folks behind Huawei. Ah, well lets see what happens with Huawei OS and if the world wants Chinese manufacture phones with Chinese OS. Samsung is number 1, Huawei is second(for now) and Apple is third and they don't even run Android.
Pixel,LG are decent second options

Wonder if this will cause a stir for OnePlus series

4 weeks ago '14        #22
Greenghost2212 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,073 | Props total: 1651 1651
fu*k Trump
+6   

4 weeks ago '16        #23
Itsjustmefools 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,646 | Props total: 3181 3181
 JKO said
What’s the deal with Huawei? Been out of the gap for a min.

Used to sell phones for a major retailer back in my college days and they were a solid cheap phone back then.
You just answered your on question...

Solid cheap phone

They already arrested the exec on some bs

I think samsung have some hands in this. Cell companies are a being threatened by Huawei

4 weeks ago '16        #24
postemupndunkit 6 heat pts
space
space
$7,483 | Props total: 25479 25479
sh*t is getting crazy

they too popping and these the moves going on ?

4 weeks ago '10        #25
bx addict 
space
space
space
$183 | Props total: 169 169
Live in TX and have a p30 pro in my hand, phone is ridiculous.

If Google apps get pulled I'm sure I can push. Always got my XR to go back to worst case

Home      

most viewed right now
+69online now  32
audio inside Pusha T ft. Lauryn Hill - Coming Home (Unreleased)
74 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+51online now  31
Video inside Heavy
27 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+20online now  18
Jun 14 - Bootleg liquor eyed as cause of Dominican Republic tourist deaths