Netflix Coming Disney's Head With This New Doc......Streaming Wars!!!!

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

1 month ago '04        #1
4542 page views
47 comments

Mike T 178 heat pts178
space
space
$17,227 | Props total: 32691 32691
Netflix Coming Disney's Head With This New Doc......Streaming Wars!!!!

Homepage trailer, Dsiney wanna fu*k around Reed Hastings gon keep dropping docs to lead people to the racist goofy creative that Walt was.

Netflix want all the smoke.

Last edited by Mike T; 05-26-2019 at 07:50 PM..
+97   

47 comments for "Netflix Coming Disney's Head With This New Doc......Streaming Wars!!!!"

1 month ago '04        #2
Mike T 178 heat pts178 OP
space
space
$17,227 | Props total: 32691 32691

[pic - click to view]

Oh yall sleep, a n*gga by himself on this island
+17   

1 month ago '06        #3
DominicanLou 24 heat pts24
space
space
$9,015 | Props total: 7929 7929
i never knew
+5   

1 month ago '17        #4
GodBody 283 heat pts283
space
space
$3,302 | Props total: 25119 25119
Culture Vultures

1 month ago '18        #5
shooter 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$1,819 | Props total: 6755 6755
Damn I never knew that. Disney been trash tho.

[video - click to view]

+22   

1 month ago '15        #6
Bonaparte 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,392 | Props total: 3021 3021
He was friends with Werner Von Braun, I'm sure I'm using some sort of guilt by a*sociation fallacy.

Don't say he's hypocritical,
But rather that he's apolitical.
"Once the rockets are up, who cares where they come down?
That's not my department," says Wernher von Braun.

Comedian/songster Tom Lehrer didn't know the half of it. When he composed these sardonic lyrics about the famed German rocket scientist, von Braun was already in the U.S., enjoying public acclaim for designing rockets that enabled us to launch our first satellite, land men on the Moon and become dominant in space. Yes, we were all aware that von Braun had developed the V-2s that rained down on London in the waning days of World War II.

Still, he was apolitical, wasn't he, and during the war had really only been pursuing his lifelong interest in rocketry. And hadn't he fully redeemed himself with his great contributions to our space race with the Soviets?

That's the gist of the official von Braun biography posted on the web site of NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center, where under the directorship of von Braun, the mighty Saturn 5 rocket was developed. And it's this sanitized biography that has roused the indignation of Tom Gehrels, a noted University of Arizona astronomer and pioneer in the program to discover and track Earth-threatening asteroids. A member of the Dutch resistance during World War II, Gehrels readily acknowledges von Braun's contributions to the world of science, but is all too aware of the little-known dark side of both him and his brother Magnus. "They were Jekyll and Hyde characters," Gehrels insists, "and the full truth ought to be known."

It is Gehrels who has pieced together that truth, largely from interviews with surviving political prisoners who had been forced to build V-1s and V-2s under the supervision of the von Brauns in an underground complex near Nordhausen, Germany. These prisoners were housed in an adjacent concentration camp called Dora, and new arrivals were given the standard welcoming speech: "You came in through that gate, and you'll leave through that chimney [of the crematorium]."

Indeed, some 20,000 died at Dora, from illness, beatings, hangings and intolerable working conditions. Workers, scantily clad, were forced to stand at attention in the biting cold during roll calls that went on for hours. Average survival time in the unventilated paint shop was one month. One prisoner told of being bitten on his legs by guard dogs. Presumably to test the effectiveness of a new medication, one of his legs was treated, the other allowed to fester and deteriorate.

For reasons best known to von Braun, who held the rank of colonel in the dreaded Nazi SS, the prisoners were ordered to turn their backs whenever he came into view. Those caught stealing glances at him were hung. One survivor recalled that von Braun, after inspecting a rocket component, charged, "That is clear sabotage." His unquestioned judgment resulted in eleven men being hanged on the spot. Says Gehrels, "von Braun was directly involved in hangings."

Hangings were commonplace, and Dora inmates remember von Braun arriving in the morning with an unidentified woman, having to step between bodies of dead prisoners and under others still hanging from a crane. These were not ordinary hangings, Gehrels says, "not hanging that breaks the neck of the prisoner, but they were slowly choked to death with a kind of baling wire around their neck."

In the early days at Dora, condemned men often shouted anti-Nazi slogans to the other prisoners, who were forced to watch the hangings. But the SS soon put an end to that. It became routine to silence the condemned by propping open their mouths with little sticks held in place by baling wire looped around their necks. In a postwar visit to the museum set up at Dora to document the horrors of the camp, Gehrels saw some of those sticks on display, as well as photographs of von Braun at Dora, lest anyone believe that he wasn't present to witness and help perpetrate the horrors.

Now the question is whether NASA — as well as the Smithsonian Institution, which sponsors an annual von Braun lecture — should continue to perpetuate the myth that Wernher was in effect a jolly fellow, well met, who was interested only in his singular dedication and contribution to space flight, politics be damned. Or should they act responsibly, bite the bullet, revise von Braun's biography, rename the lecture and concede that the pioneering space flight genius committed monstrous sins?

[pic - click to view]

+3   

1 month ago '11        #7
Sin 2136 heat pts2136
space
space
$31,387 | Props total: 94923 94923
this might take some of PBS market share, but I doubt Disney gives a fu*k even if they paid the family out in full this wouldn't hurt the bottom line

and nobody boycotting Disney over this
+7   

1 month ago '05        #8
HiRolliN 111 heat pts111
space
space
$21,771 | Props total: 4402 4402
only way this gains any momentum to see what Disney had done is if the other networks like cbs and nbc talk about this on there news stations that millions tune into. FOX news network as they still own it after the Disney acquisition sure as fu*k isnt gonna comment on this Netflix doc
+4   

1 month ago '19        #9
Gold Face 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,360 | Props total: 9771 9771
Disney has all kinds of hidden s*xual messages in its movies, and that never stopped the juggernaut
+7   

1 month ago '17        #10
six5TheStudio 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$593 | Props total: 1345 1345
Wait a white person stol music from a black person marketed it as their own and made millions?

Who else do I know took credit as a white person for a black persons work

Thomas Edison
Alexander graham bell
Elvis
The dudes who are now chicks who directed and “wrote” the matrix
Daft punk
NASA
Led Zepplin

The list goes ooooooon
+23   

1 month ago '17        #11
JacobWatch 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,109 | Props total: 9479 9479
This is definitely going to gain traction.

My girl never watches docs and told me to add this to the list when she saw the trailer.

This isn’t the nail in the coffin for D at all, like post above me says people have been stealing music for ages

But there’s a lot of other things they do that isn’t so common, when the people with those stories start getting Netflix deals, that’s a problem

+8   

1 month ago '17        #12
Movadovato 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,037 | Props total: 1626 1626
Perfect time for netflix to drop something like this......

Im in
+7   

1 month ago '16        #13
JustVibe 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,974 | Props total: 10829 10829
I saw a clip of an interview regarding the racism at Disney when it first opened, the owner didn’t want black people to work there
+3   

1 month ago '15        #14
Beezy84 
space
space
space
$573 | Props total: 1620 1620
Not defending Disney but everything was pretty much racist back then. Now Disney has done more to hide and pretend it never happened where other companies have acknowledge/owned up to it.

But this will do nothing to Disney, they print money there. Need a bigger and more current scandal to impact their pocket book
+8   

1 month ago '05        #15
Scorpz 8 heat pts
space
space
$7,651 | Props total: 37662 37662
Netflix preparing themselves to take a major L soon.. Trying to do whatever they can before they take that hit.. Disney coming for their neck.. it's inevitable..
+3   

1 month ago '06        #16
imthatinfamous 48 heat pts48
space
space
$10,452 | Props total: 8925 8925
I would have to know more about the state of intellectual property at that time to have an educated comment (and the documentary, if not biased, should cover that) but

WOOOOOOOOOOOO

first day watch
+1   

1 month ago '16        #17
PrinceDreSON 
space
space
$737 | Props total: 2467 2467
But captain americas black now! So disney can’t be racist anymore !
+1   

1 month ago '05        #18
Martel 26 heat pts26
space
space
$15,482 | Props total: 3977 3977
On the real what’s the lineup for the Disney streaming sh*t? Cartoons and superhero movies ? What’s making people pick that over Netflix ? I got Hulu, Philo and Netflix already
+4   

1 month ago '17        #19
LazyLeg 
space
space
$1,552 | Props total: 4504 4504
 Scorpz said
Netflix preparing themselves to take a major L soon.. Trying to do whatever they can before they take that hit.. Disney coming for their neck.. it's inevitable..
This. Netflix is circling the drain and grasping at whatever to postpone it. Most of their selection is sh*t, in incredible debt, and now Disney is about to drop a superior product at a cheaper price. So for those that like Netflix stuff don't sweat it either Disney or hulu will scoop up the good sh*t and leave the rest to be found and streamed on the net
+2   

1 month ago '05        #20
astroblack9 4 heat pts
space
space
$14,153 | Props total: 337 337
 six5TheStudio said
Wait a white person stol music from a black person marketed it as their own and made millions?

Who else do I know took credit as a white person for a black persons work

Thomas Edison
Alexander graham bell
Elvis
The dudes who are now chicks who directed and “wrote” the matrix
Daft punk
NASA
Led Zepplin

The list goes ooooooon
The wachowski's are chicks now

fu*k...this world is something else
+6   

1 month ago '04        #21
justinjones 312 heat pts312
space
space
$53,045 | Props total: 15530 15530
 Martel said
On the real what’s the lineup for the Disney streaming sh*t? Cartoons and superhero movies ? What’s making people pick that over Netflix ? I got Hulu, Philo and Netflix already
i think the plan is that they having all the kid stuff on disney+ and all their more adult content onto hulu(since they own that now).

i don't think netflix is just going to go away. its going to get harder for them but i don't see everybody dropping their subscription for just disney.

its the rest of these guys that are trying to come up (youtube/apple/every random tv channel) are going to struggle.

the only other one that could come in big is if warner quit bullsh*tting and just voltron all of their stuff (hbo, dc, the movie properties they own)
+1   

1 month ago '16        #22
postemupndunkit 6 heat pts
space
space
$7,513 | Props total: 25656 25656
Man I think Netflix is gonna cook

They just gotta find another revenue lane

I think they should get into music more

Live streaming festivals and f*ghts and sh*t like that
+5   

1 month ago '14        #23
El Genio 12 heat pts12
space
space
$535 | Props total: 987 987
So much has been stolen from Africa, I wish that there could be a documentary about each thing and then the profits distributed amongst those whom should / should have profited.
+2   

1 month ago '15        #24
mwtx 
space
space
$7,730 | Props total: 5711 5711
Netflix better stop taxin or ain’t sh*t gonna save them.

1 month ago '17        #25
92baby 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,540 | Props total: 26758 26758
 Sin said
this might take some of PBS market share, but I doubt Disney gives a fu*k even if they paid the family out in full this wouldn't hurt the bottom line

and nobody boycotting Disney over this
They should boycott especially since the people who are victim look like you and I
+1   

Home      

most viewed right now
online now  15
Image(s) inside Upcoming Nike Blazer Mid 77's
22 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
online now  14
Article inside Diddy Gets Engaged To Lori Harvey The Ex Girlfriend Of His Son Justin..
348 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  13
Article inside YouTube Plans To Remove All Kids Content From The Site. And Destroy ..
24 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
online now  11
Jun 22 - Trump says will be Iran's 'best friend,’ thanks for not downing US pl..
22 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy